Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DielManar
Still underway right now will be back on land sometime this summer. Ill get pics if i can.

I just read that guy who claims that he has worked on RB's for a long time.

He makes me laugh.

RB20det manis go for around 200-300 bucks.

I can't wait to see pics of it.
here is the 98 skyline gt, its about 30 miles from my house and is for sale for 15 grand.
User Image

The plates on it are plates from a 240sx that he put on to drive the car across town and the car is not street legal in california.
Kokuren
DielManar
Still underway right now will be back on land sometime this summer. Ill get pics if i can.

He makes me laugh.

here is the 98 skyline gt, its about 30 miles from my house and is for sale for 15 grand.
User Image

The plates on it are plates from a 240sx that he put on to drive the car across town and the car is not street legal in california.

Yea most R34's in the states are not legal at all or so i read. Its crazy how much his selling it for cuz my friend who bought the R34 GT only paid $3,500 USD. An GT-R's depending on the condition can run anywhere from 18,000-30,000 USD in japan.

Ya trying to see if he has any pictures of it on his facebook page i can steal to post up.
Friends Skyline R34 GT

Not sure if his facebook profile is public but there is the link if your able to see it.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
DielManar
Kokuren
DielManar

He makes me laugh.

User Image

Yea most R34's in the states are not legal at all or so i read. Its crazy how much his selling it for cuz my friend who bought the R34 GT only paid $3,500 USD. An GT-R's depending on the condition can run anywhere from 18,000-30,000 USD in japan.

Ya trying to see if he has any pictures of it on his facebook page i can steal to post up.

Save his facebook pictures and reupload to photobucket, they are private.

Yeah, I know that they are dirt cheap there.

I would import one myself and pick up an s14 shell and transfer the VIN over.

5 grand could get me a nice skyline GT that california would think is a 240sx.
Yea since im on a military ship i cant upload things to photobucket sadly. Its pretty much like that blue one buy gun metal grey and some better wheels.

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kokuren
DielManar

He makes me laugh.

User Image

@ DielManar. Yes Kokuren's right; I was a bit late for April fools but yeah I was being flippant about it so that you could misinform your already misguided friend... because TROLLFACE lol . RB20s especially out of R32s have lots of cheap aftermarket garbage.. At the same time though they're not really a good engine either.
S'all good always enjoy a good troll'in.

Yea i think he'll end up dropping a RB25DET into it and swap the auto tranny. Then buy the intercooler piping and manifolds.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
J-D45H
Kokuren
DielManar

He makes me laugh.

User Image

@ DielManar. Yes Kokuren's right; I was a bit late for April fools but yeah I was being flippant about it so that you could misinform your already misguided friend... because TROLLFACE lol . RB20s especially out of R32s have lots of cheap aftermarket garbage.. At the same time though they're not really a good engine either.

There is nothing wrong with any RB20. They are small displacement quick revving I6's that have the potential for more torque than most other gasoline run engines of similar displacement. Aftermarket parts for an RB20,used or not, are actually quite expensive, because there is very little aftermarket support for them. Stock parts on the other hand are very cheap, because a lot of people are swapping out the engines from their cefiros and older skyline gts-t's.

Just sayin'

You don't seem to know much other than what you read :S

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The aftermarket garbage I'm referring to are the cheap Chinese knockoff parts available everywhere which I will discourage anyone from buying. And yes OEM parts are cheap because they are everywhere in Japan. I will grant that I have an unfair bias against RB20s because they don't make the power I'm interested in. I'm not sure what torque you're talking about though considering the RB20 has a small bore and short stroke and feels like it's gonna stall under 4000. What motors of similar displacement is it beating? I thought you wanted a long stroke for more torque and less horsepower? I can get that out of a Volkswagen motor of the same displacement easily but that doesn't mean that motor's good. Anyway.. My bias isn't just based on what I read, the folks that have met me know what I work on and what I've driven and why I have such a poor opinion of the RB20. So if you have had good experiences with RB20s more power to you. Some people like cilantro, some can't stand it. I just hate RB20s and have not had enjoyable experiences with them.
2.0 liters just sounds like way too small for a six cylinder. Anyways, if you want torque and quick revving from a smaller displacement I6, why even bother with an RB? Get a 1JZ.

I already know why J bothers with his RB26, he just wants it original. As for anyone else.. *shrugs
Chron0s
2.0 liters just sounds like way too small for a six cylinder. Anyways, if you want torque and quick revving from a smaller displacement I6, why even bother with an RB? Get a 1JZ.

I already know why J bothers with his RB26, he just wants it original. As for anyone else.. *shrugs

Yea i plan on putting a 1JZ into my Altezza to replace the 3S-GE I4 once i get up to Misawa, Japan. Should be pretty interesting.
Chron0s

Did you just say to put a toyote engine in a skyline? But yea the RB20 is just a 2.0 witch yes is very small but workeble. The RB26 in the gt r is a 2.6, and I think the biggest engine you get a skyline in is 2.8.
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s

Did you just say to put a toyote engine in a skyline? But yea the RB20 is just a 2.0 witch yes is very small but workeble. The RB26 in the gt r is a 2.6, and I think the biggest engine you get a skyline in is 2.8.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The license plates say it all.
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s

The license plates say it all.
That as something to do with hellafush bull s**t don't it? Iv seen the BMW before with its fake bbs snowflake rimsAnd over done stance s**t. Thay took a great car and made it suck in every way that the car was good from factory.
theothermanoverthere
That as something to do with hellafush bull s**t don't it? Iv seen the BMW before with its fake bbs snowflake rimsAnd over done stance s**t. Thay took a great car and made it suck in every way that the car was good from factory.

What are you babbling on about again? You're saying you're incredibly uneducated, close-minded and ignorant? Cool.

Oh, and btw, they're SSR Formula Mesh. Not fake BBS snowflake "rims."

Looks like yet again you've missed the point of my post, and targeted my posts for your ridiculous hate and you're going to manage to derail yet another thread in the Garage. When are you going to learn to shut your mouth? wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff