Enjoy the Process
- Posted: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:17:26 +0000
Attn Crimmy Sun; See latest post
Welcome to 'The Motorcycle Thread II
Hello, hello, and welcome to a revised and significantly cleaned up version of "The Motorcycle Thread". I'm your host, The Industrialist, and I'm thrilled to present to you this much-more-organized-than-the-original guide to getting on two wheels and riding off in to the sunset. Maybe you live somewhere that the weather is good year round or maybe you're looking to get on to a bike once the weather breaks in your area. Either way, this thread is going to give a few pointers on where to start to get your motorcycle endorsement (For the US, at least) as well as helping decide what kind of bike is right for you.
- This thread is meant to both entertain and inform. Some of this will be fact, some of it will be opinion. I have enough real world experience but I have no real credentials, so don't take my word as law.
- This thread is also an open discussion about motorcycles, so first timers and beginners are welcome to ask questions.
- Experienced riders are encouraged to chime in if they have something relevant to contribute.
- Do some reading and check some facts before you post things in order to keep things simple for novice riders. Example: If you think a bike sucks but have no actual data that proves a bike sucks just say you don't like it and why.
- Ball busting is fine, but stupid s**t being posted repeatedly won't be tolerated. So please be civil.
Table of Contents
I. Welcome / Table of Contents (You are here)
II. Introduction for the Novice Rider
III. Proper Riding Gear and Learning / Endorsement Opportunities
IV. Your First Bike
V. Variety in Motorcycles