Welcome to Gaia! ::

why does this thread remind me of initial D?
Michael Noire

hardly
no drifting hurrr
wanna go all grip boyo

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

ED0M DOG
Michael Noire

hardly
no drifting hurrr
wanna go all grip boyo

Atta boy

User Image
ordered my tires today as well as a replacement trunk
no OEM to find around here so i just decided to get a carbon fiber one from carbon creations
here are the tires though!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Original Regular

Glad to see this still moving, I just destroyed an RPF1 myself via pothole because some guy in an F150 was half way in my lane going around a blind turn.

Only thing I'm gonna say man is I hope you don't drive far to work if that's really your tire choice. They aren't like R comps or anything but don't expect any more than at most a year of really conservative driving out of them, if that.

Other than that, sweeet. What kind of coilover setup are you going with? Did you ever check for/find any rust? And any word on the rex?
Brother Kam
Glad to see this still moving, I just destroyed an RPF1 myself via pothole because some guy in an F150 was half way in my lane going around a blind turn.

Only thing I'm gonna say man is I hope you don't drive far to work if that's really your tire choice. They aren't like R comps or anything but don't expect any more than at most a year of really conservative driving out of them, if that.

Other than that, sweeet. What kind of coilover setup are you going with? Did you ever check for/find any rust? And any word on the rex?

Dude, that ******** sucks. What size was it?

Lol, well, I WAS driving about 5-10 miles to work. Just got laid off actually and realistically, I drive like a grandma when I'm in a regular street environment.

I had some z31 Powertrix coilovers back when I had the Z, but I never put them on and was able to trade them in for a set for the s13.
Fortunately, the only rust I've found is on the front bumper cover (least its not the bumper itself.)
Found only surface rust on the core support, so it seems like it'll be easily treated. Other than that, I couldn't find any. Oh, actually there was some where the spoiler meets the trunk lid. Very large cancer under that thing. Ordered a carbon fiber replacement 'cause I couldn't find any OEM replacements around here. /:
Brother Kam
Oh, and the FC is in need of nothing short of a rebuild.
Just thought I hadn't burped the cooling system properly, but it looks like compression is being pushed past the coolant seals or so I think.
At this rate, I will probably have to sell her, which I'm really dreading, but it'll be good for the s13! Lol. If I sell the FC, I'll probably get the paint job done or get a seat and harness for it. Depends on how much I can get for her.
Oh, and while I was cleaning up earlier the tires came in!
User Image

Original Regular

ED0M DOG

It was a 16x7 4x100, Offset is like 43mm or something. Idk now I have a wheel with a brand new tire that are both toast in my trunk and I've been rocking the spare for waaay too long.

Right on, score on the coilovers and at least the rust is manageable.

That sucks about the rex but it's an expensive a** hobby if you have to live in the meantime though ya know, let alone for two projects. I kinda figured when you were talking about the rad stuff earlier, it's not like they have a shitload of different problems when you get that kind of symptom, it's usually just tanked. I'd just by a rebuilt crate from this place in San Fran just so I don't have to ******** with as little as possible doing the transplant. Specialty shops are expensive, though what isn't these days?

What are you asking for Marcy?
Brother Kam
It was a 16x7 4x100, Offset is like 43mm or something. Idk now I have a wheel with a brand new tire that are both toast in my trunk and I've been rocking the spare for waaay too long.

Right on, score on the coilovers and at least the rust is manageable.

That sucks about the rex but it's an expensive a** hobby if you have to live in the meantime though ya know, let alone for two projects. I kinda figured when you were talking about the rad stuff earlier, it's not like they have a shitload of different problems when you get that kind of symptom, it's usually just tanked. I'd just by a rebuilt crate from this place in San Fran just so I don't have to ******** with as little as possible doing the transplant. Specialty shops are expensive, though what isn't these days?

What are you asking for Marcy?

Oof how much is it gonna be to replace both?

Rotaries are especially expensive unfortunately haha. D:
Nah, no crates here. Pretty much set on sellin her off. /:
As far as price goes idk. I'm gonna see about $2000, just so theres room for negotation 'cause hell, I wouldn't buy this the way it is for 2k haha.
YEEEEAAAAHHH everythings finished for now
though i need to do some height adjustment in the front on both sides
maybe bout 3/4 of an inch to an inch on the driver's side
thinkin like 1/2 an inch for the passenger
driver's side rubs on the hard right handers & passenger side much less but still occasionally on the hard lefts
rears clear everything well
shes just about all set! only done one canyon run to feel for the rubbing and some damping stuff but as far as grip goes shes super solid & the bumps dont seem to really make the car unstable from what i can feel

User Image
User Image
well did the height adjustments & got my akina speed stars sticker in (lol i couldnt resist)
decided to paint the OEM lip as well cause it was kinda scuffed already
will be selling the FC who knows when & will be getting some better control arms front & rear as well as a seat hopefully

User Image
User Image
User Image

Bashful Cat

17,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Awesome sauce! cat_mrgreen
was bored again and decided to do the sleepy eye mod

User Image
User Image