Welcome to Gaia! ::

An Article from MotorTrend 2015 Barracuda

I know that there are some of you that dislike American Vehicles, but please, do give your full honest opinion of the vehicle itself and the reason why(besides that you dislike american vehicles).

I do honestly like the front-end but not the back(could use some work).

I'm still in favor of the older cudas though.
For the love of god they really better not be planing on naming that 80s vett rip off you showed a barracuda. For the love of ******** everthring the car gods stand for please no just no. That's is not a barracuda no is it the hemi cude ( two totally diff cars by the way. ). That thang is an affront to ever muscle car ever to run the worlds roads. Just no if that come out with that name I give up on being a Mopar guy for ever.
theothermanoverthere
For the love of god they really better not be planing on naming that 80s vett rip off you showed a barracuda. For the love of ******** everthring the car gods stand for please no just no. That's is not a barracuda no is it the hemi cude ( two totally diff cars by the way. ). That thang is an affront to ever muscle car ever to run the worlds roads. Just no if that come out with that name I give up on being a Mopar guy for ever.

Oops, I totally forgot that Cudas and Barracudas were different from each other. -__-;
Heh, you got a Mopar? I'm curious.
Rokken
theothermanoverthere

Oops, I totally forgot that Cudas and Barracudas were different from each other. -__-;
Heh, you got a Mopar? I'm curious.
my first car was a dodge dekota second was a dsm so part mistu part dodge, 3th was the jeep my dad let me use a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee. Also my dream car is a 69 dodge charge hemi.

Edit and the dsm I'm talking about is a 2g eclipse GS-t

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
When I looked at the picture I could have sworn that it looked like a Camaro body kit. I sure hope this isn't the final production version confused
Not a fan of the styling (other than the rear light cues from the '69 Barracuda)

But if they give it that 7.0L 426 that was in that charger shown at the detroit auto show, I will be a happy camper.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Les Indesirables
Not a fan of the styling (other than the rear light cues from the '69 Barracuda)

But if they give it that 7.0L 426 that was in that charger shown at the detroit auto show, I will be a happy camper.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
only one yea had light close to that. The reast where diff all together. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Even this would be accepted User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Enduring Friend

I'm not really a Mopar guy, but I respect them; so here's my opinion on the car.

Aesthetic-wise... Methinks it's an ugly duckling. The rear looks like the "current" Challenger rear but all smooshed up on an angle and... Oh god, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. It's just so... WHY?! Is it that hard to redesign the rear end to form to the new curves of the car? Cmon Dodge! You're not that lazy! Don't release that rear end! You got another three years to change it! GO! And the front end? Well... It's okay... Nothing really imaginative. Really just starting to follow the trend of "your car needs to look like a space-ship" which I'm getting pissed off at evey manufacturer for doing. For some reason, only Ford has it right with their Mustang; that thing looked like a secksy box back in the 60s, and it still does. Even my pride-and-joy Corvette series is starting to show some space-ship tendencies. Dammit. (I still think the C7 is far more attractive than this new abomination that Dodge is considering tossing in.)

Performance-wise... I'm pretty indifferent.The inclusion of the four-banger in the series should be non-existant. You don't buy a Cuda with a four-banger. You just... Dont. That sentence altogether just sounds so dirty and wrong. "Cuda with a four-banger." No.

The V6? Meh. That Pentastar is starting to get kind of old... It's okay I guess.

The Hemi? Well I suppose that's fine. Hemi's will always be Hemi's. Direct injection is nice to hear; I do like it... I don't know, the article says that the current displacement numbers are unlikely to stay. If they stay, I will be happy. If they go down, I will be dissatisfied. Kind of in the way I got dissapointed when I read in Chevy magazine that the new C7 will have a drop in displacement. I'm hoping Dodge keeps the Hemi displacement the way it is and they just add on the new technologies to increase efficiency. But hey; that's unlikely, so I sense dissapointment in the future.

Overall, I'm not too excited. The car is an ugly lump of metal with old-generation technology (except for the four-banger... Which doesnt make sense) and is expected to see a drop in displacement. I'm not a fan.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Not sure if you guys are aware.... but those are just speculative concepts, there's no official concept out yet
Crimmy Sun
Not sure if you guys are aware.... but those are just speculative concepts, there's no official concept out yet
yea but. The guy that made that one needs to be punch in the d**k hard for two hours.
I appreciate ya'lls opinions about it! heh, smile

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Rokken

ya'lls?

Tipsy Humorist

It looks cartoonish. They should stop wasting their time on that and start working on a new Intrepid. Everyone knows that was the greatest car Detroit ever produced. 3nodding
Crimmy Sun
Rokken

ya'lls?
ok I have to ask are you a guy or a chick? I have yet. To find that out?

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
Rokken

ya'lls?
ok I have to ask are you a guy or a chick? I have yet. To find that out?

I shall retain the mystery then

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces