Welcome to Gaia! ::

No they don't! They're super quiet bone stock, and when the exhaust is opened up with an aftermarket muffler, and larger diameter tubing, they sound like any other 4 banger out there

Baahhhhhhhhmmm MMMBAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

But man they make some serious power out of that 2 liter
I don't know if your ears are broken, or if you're just on another tangent. But, Subarus do have a distinct noise that sets them apart. It may not be the exhaust note, but something does.

Oh, and also, this thread immediately made me think of this (1:52).

User Image

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

inequal length of the manifold runners reverberate against each other and create that boxer grumble

It's an inefficient design that makes a neat rumble sound
routed properly it sounds like an aggressive civic

But different 4 cylinder engines have different sounds

Enduring Friend

I suppose now you're going to tell me that V6's and I6's sound the same too.

Just as a flat-plane V8 sounds like two I4's mashed together, a flat four sounds like two I2's slapped together.
Infiniti G series' have a pretty distinct note to them, at least in my opinion. I dont know much about them other than they have the VQ series engines, and that in Japan theyre marketed as Skylines.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

ISwearImNotARapist
Infiniti G series' have a pretty distinct note to them, at least in my opinion. I dont know much about them other than they have the VQ series engines, and that in Japan theyre marketed as Skylines.

They're V6s
Crimmy Sun
ISwearImNotARapist

They're V6s
And the older generation Skylines had straight 6's, correct?

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

ISwearImNotARapist
Crimmy Sun
ISwearImNotARapist

They're V6s
And the older generation Skylines had straight 6's, correct?

Skyline yes
G-series no
I still miss straight 6 engines. V6s sound god awful.

Enduring Friend

Chron0s
I still miss straight 6 engines. V6s sound god awful.

I like how the VQ sounds though... And the VHR... And that Mustang V6... And the Camaro V6.... And the Buick SII 3800 V6... And... So on.

All in all, I like V6's xd
Just throwing my 2 cents in there;
Stock or not, flat fours definitely have their own, very distinct sound. While it may be harder to tell on bone stock, lower end vehicles; you listen to a WRX or anything above it, next to an I4, and you will know the difference.

As far as the I6s go, I love them. Even in my Jeep; It put the power right where it needed to be (what little power there was compared to other I6 cars). One of these days, I'm definitely finding myself a good R32 and putting that power down right.

Enduring Friend

2901karasu
Stock or not, flat fours definitely have their own, very distinct sound. While it may be harder to tell on bone stock, lower end vehicles; you listen to a WRX or anything above it, next to an I4, and you will know the difference.

As far as the I6s go, I love them. Even in my Jeep; It put the power right where it needed to be (what little power there was compared to other I6 cars). One of these days, I'm definitely finding myself a good R32 and putting that power down right.

After you build a VR4.
elemein
2901karasu

After you build a VR4.

Or during, or before, I have no real planned sequence, except that the AE86 is being built first.

Enduring Friend

2901karasu
elemein
2901karasu

After you build a VR4.

Or during, or before, I have no real planned sequence, except that the AE86 is being built first.

Unfortunately. rolleyes

Noob

my 280zx sounds like no other car out there, besides 240,260,280z and 1st gen skyline ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff