Welcome to Gaia! ::

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Doctor Roofie
See Crim... These are the kinds of people that like DSM's. Lol. The people that race v6 Mustangs and use this story to impress their friends.

You shut your face!
We all have those kids in our little cliques!

you just gotta massage your temple and move on
Like how Ford has the kid that sees that there's coolant flooding cylinders 9 and 10 on a mustang GT

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun
Doctor Roofie
See Crim... These are the kinds of people that like DSM's. Lol. The people that race v6 Mustangs and use this story to impress their friends.

You shut your face!

Like how Ford has the kid that sees that there's coolant flooding cylinders 9 and 10 on a mustang GT

What? I dont even... How is that?

Moving on.

Aged Gaian

I actually much prefer that generation Eclipse with the bigger stock spoiler. That, Supras, and STIs are the few cars where I want spoilers, though.

I'm aware that the spoiler on the Eclipse is completely useless.

Shirtless Businesswoman

Crimmy Sun
Doctor Roofie

You shut your face!

LMAO!!! Touché sir.

Shirtless Businesswoman

elemein
Crimmy Sun
Doctor Roofie

You shut your face!

What? I dont even... How is that?

Moving on.

Inside joke

Noob

KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
Why in the ******** would you do it? I mean like on a street car like a civic or neon. All you're doing is ******** up you grip. You're not going to need it for braking. So I just don't get why you would want to make you car worse.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

rear spoilers work better on RWD and AWD cars. FWD cars don't need them actually.
That's what I'm saying. lol

but... maybe a front spoiler won't hurt for FWD cars.

its to create downforce for my 1,000,000+ horsepower scion,look at all the stickers they make my car faster.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

II Existentialism II
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
Why in the ******** would you do it? I mean like on a street car like a civic or neon. All you're doing is ******** up you grip. You're not going to need it for braking. So I just don't get why you would want to make you car worse.

rear spoilers work better on RWD and AWD cars. FWD cars don't need them actually.

its to create downforce for my 1,000,000+ horsepower scion,look at all the stickers they make my car faster.

We already established its usefulness....

Shirtless Businesswoman

Crimmy Sun
II Existentialism II
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere

We already established its usefulness....

Let the deluded moron be...
themanoverthere
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
Doctor Roofie
zosh
I don't have time to go through all 6 pages here, but I'm sure what I'm about to say has already been said.

Most cars with a spoiler don't get any real benefit, with how they will ever be driven.. It's mostly aesthetics, and for car companies to sell a car as something "sporty". Some cars look great with them. Most of Pontiacs late 90's-2000's line up looked great with their factory spoiler, despite being FWD. Hell, I'll even go as far as the factory spoiler on the Civic SI looks nice, and the Scion XB with the spoiler makes it looks not-as-ridiculous. The early RWD Nissans, like the 240sx look great WITHOUT a spoiler, and the newer 300sx looks pretty clean without them, and the 350z look great with its' body curve. I don't think I've seen a 370z though. The '94-'04 Mustangs looked good with a spoiler, the '05-current looked better without one. All of the Impreza STIs look good with theirs, and the latest generation EVO looks good. Mistubishi Eclipse? Bad. Dodge Neon SRT4? Horrendous. Plymouth Superbird?

Perfect example! STI's and EVO's use wings, and they are functional it higher speeds. The Eclipse however is nothing more than a raised spoiler. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and you have legitimate backing. But its not even really a spoiler as it serve no purpose other that to be a obnoxious arc of rice furry. There's nothing in it's design that can do the car any good, same with the neon. The cars are likely better off aerodynamically without them. The Superbird, however ridiculous that thing is, is a fully functional and purpose build wing.

I like this one ^
Not this one^

i personally prefer no rear wing at all.
nowadays i feel bad seeing FD Civics with Evo-style rear wings and body kits. they have no idea that they're just adding more stress to the engine. sad
A body kit adds stress to the engine? How? Most of the kits weight less then the parts they replace.

added weight results in increased fuel consumption, i'm afraid.
here's an interesting article i found just now:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/ways-to-improve-fuel-economy.html
II Existentialism II
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere
KEVIN5A
themanoverthere

really?! rofl
woooooooooo!

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Dont some cars also have goofy looking spoilers on the front?

Enduring Friend

S3p7i

I hate it when people dont even attempt to read the rest of the thread before necroposting. Dont you? Oh wait.

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
elemein
S3p7i

I hate it when people dont even attempt to read the rest of the thread before necroposting. Dont you? Oh wait.

Even worse in my opinion are the people who are jerks to someone responding to the opening post. Oh wait.

Enduring Friend

S3p7i
elemein
S3p7i

Even worse in my opinion are the people who are jerks to someone responding to the opening post. Oh wait.

Spoilers on the front of the car have been mentioned several times. It's like putting two band-aids on the same wound. Just why???

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
S3p7i
elemein
S3p7i

Spoilers on the front of the car have been mentioned several times. It's like putting two band-aids on the same wound. Just why???

Cause the sticky stuff on the first one is gone, but the blood dried to the band-aid and it'd hurt to take it off.
So you just put a band-aid over the first one to keep it on, you've never done that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff