Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Befriended 100
So. My Uncle gave me a Honda Civic for free because my grandfather gave him a car and he wanted to return the favor. I'm currently driving my parents' car, and I've been wanting my own car for a while. In my previous topic, I mentioned how I wanted a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. So the Honda Civic will have to settle for now.

Now....

Every car person says the same thing about Honda Civics, about how they are terrible. Is it as bad as people say? I'm just looking to have fun in a car. I plan on buying a turbo kit for it as well. And if you know anything about Honda Civics, what can I do to it to make it more fun to drive. I also plan on converting it to RWD and manual instead of automatic.
which civic is it? Because some of them, SOME, are actually quite brilliant.
Also a replacement rear bridge is a popular mod to make it handle better.

The civic is just a car that you have to hate because of the idjits that "tune" them.
Hellaflush, neon, ugly a** bodykits and stretched 20" wheels come to mind.

Oh, also, any exhaust, I do mean any, will make them very loud and sound like s**t.

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Befriended 100
R.J.W

The civic is just a car that you have to hate because of the idjits that "tune" them.

Oh, also, any exhaust, I do mean any, will make them very loud and sound like s**t.

It's a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe. It had an engine swap to a JDM engine. So I guess it runs new. I haven't the time to get the car.
Forced Patina
R.J.W

It's a 2001 Honda Civic Coupe. It had an engine swap to a JDM engine. So I guess it runs new. I haven't the time to get the car.
this base model?

the Type R of this generation is still the best civic to date, and certainly no bad car.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Befriended 100
R.J.W
Forced Patina
R.J.W

this base model?

the Type R of this generation is still the best civic to date, and certainly no bad car.

I believe so. I haven't even seen the car in pictures, but it's apparently in good condition.
Forced Patina
R.J.W
Forced Patina
R.J.W

this base model?

I believe so. I haven't even seen the car in pictures, but it's apparently in good condition.
rather nice smile if it is don't rice it out
Forced Patina
So. My Uncle gave me a Honda Civic for free because my grandfather gave him a car and he wanted to return the favor. I'm currently driving my parents' car, and I've been wanting my own car for a while. In my previous topic, I mentioned how I wanted a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. So the Honda Civic will have to settle for now.

Now....

Every car person says the same thing about Honda Civics, about how they are terrible. Is it as bad as people say? I'm just looking to have fun in a car. I plan on buying a turbo kit for it as well. And if you know anything about Honda Civics, what can I do to it to make it more fun to drive. I also plan on converting it to RWD and manual instead of automatic.

1, don't convert unless you got the time, money, and resources to do so.

2. hondas in general hold up pretty well, they're reliable and depends on model and year, good mpg. parts are abundant which makes them cheap also.

3. depends on how you enjoy driving to make it 'more fun to drive'. you said you're planning a turbo kit, so sounds like you want it to have some oomph to it. some cheap, less expensive ways are cold air intake, Catalytic Converter to a 'high flow' one, or just simply low rolling resistance tires.

4. you got it for free, be happy with it. personally i would just use that car as a daily beater car and save up money for a nicer one like the hyundai yousaid you wanted.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

ArykLoo
Forced Patina

Now....

1, don't convert unless you got the time, money, and resources to do so.

2. hondas in general hold up pretty well, they're reliable and depends on model and year, good mpg. parts are abundant which makes them cheap also.

3. depends on how you enjoy driving to make it 'more fun to drive'. you said you're planning a turbo kit, so sounds like you want it to have some oomph to it. some cheap, less expensive ways are cold air intake, Catalytic Converter to a 'high flow' one, or just simply low rolling resistance tires.

4. you got it for free, be happy with it. personally i would just use that car as a daily beater car and save up money for a nicer one like the hyundai yousaid you wanted.

Fixed
Crimmy Sun
ArykLoo
Forced Patina

Now....

1, don't convert, save up for an S2000 unless you got the time, money, and resources to do so.

Fixed
added.

True though if you want to make a civic RWD.... Don't, it's cheaper, easier and safer to get an S2k.
If you wanna transform the automatic into a manual,..... go ahead. Have fun with the clutch setup.
I read that you wanted to do that just now, lol.

OG Rallier

18,975 Points
  • Rally Tyro 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Consumer 100
I own/drive a 2001 Honda. I would invest in good high octane/quality gas and as for modifying one you might consider checking out the Honda Civic race cars.
Holy s**t what is wrong with you folk.

It's a 2001 Honda Civic! Leave it stock and drive it to save on fuel, then buy a frickin tuner car! You won't be able to enjoy a honda civic nearly as much as you could - say - a 240sx. Get an older car with lots of aftermarket support and cheap OEM parts that's already rwd and standard.
Basically the way it works is; you can spend $5,000 on a mods and shop time, to get your solid, free economical car burning lots more fuel and barely keeping up with the competition, not to mention the headache of when something breaks down (and the more you mod it, the greater the chances are that something's gonna break), OR you can spend $5,000 and buy the competition. Now you have two cars, one that's fun, awesome to drive, great to take the wife out in and go zipping around the countryside, and one that's good for getting groceries, driving to and from work, and lending out to friends who chose option A and their car is in the shop. Best part? Both vehicles are reliable.
Kasumi6789
I own/drive a 2001 Honda. I would invest in good high octane/quality gas and as for modifying one you might consider checking out the Honda Civic race cars.

Do not run high octane gas in a north american Honda Civic. Run the fuel the owners manual says to run, and nothing else. You will not be helping your engine out by running fuel that is more explosive than what it is designed to run.

OG Rallier

18,975 Points
  • Rally Tyro 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Consumer 100
TheMerovingian
Kasumi6789

Do not run high octane gas in a north american Honda Civic. Run the fuel the owners manual says to run, and nothing else. You will not be helping your engine out by running fuel that is more explosive than what it is designed to run.
I was refering to gas that does not contain water. Most places like Caseys will water down the gas to make it look like you are saving money. An 89- 92 octane would do fine.
Kasumi6789
TheMerovingian
Kasumi6789

I was refering to gas that does not contain water. Most places like Caseys will water down the gas to make it look like you are saving money. An 89- 92 octane would do fine.

No. Using a higher (or lower) octane than what the engine is designed to run on can have negative effects on your engine in the long run. If your engine is designed to run on 87, like your civic most likely is, running anything but good clean 87 octane fuel will at best be a waste of money, or at worst start to screw with your internals.

Running higher octane will not, contrary to popular myths, give you more mpg or more horsepower, unless your engine is designed/tuned to run a higher octane gasoline.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff