Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Click that for the problem I was having. ->
Or at least I think that's what's wrong. Well regardless my car keeps sounding like it's about to stall on me, and actually almost completely stalled on my dad, not once but twice, when he took it to work to see if he could figure out what the hell is going on with it. Well when he got home, he called the dealership to make an appointment with them to get them to fix it. I guess I should give you guys a bit of back ground on my car. I took it over from my sister while she's in school, it's probably about 4 years old now. Back in October I ended up spending about 400$ to get the rotors on my front breaks replaced, because they were shot, and the breaks hadn't been changed since she had first gotten the car. Luckily we split that cost. But this has been going on for a little over a month. At first it was only doing it after I would get off the high way, so my dad though it was because I wasn't doing enough highway driving and that it just wasn't happy about that. After he took my car to work, he knew that it wasn't the case. And now it's doing it wherever I drive. It's kinda scary. Now as far as I know, the car is still under warranty for stuff like this, and it's only at about 75 000 km, so there's that. But now here's my question, if it's not covered, and it is the fuel ejectors if that's what their called, what am I looking at cost wise to fix it? I'm going on Monday, which is two days before Christmas, so I can't really afford to drop a bunch of money on my car right now.

*Update*

So turns out I had two cylinders that were misfiring, two coils that had arcing on them. So all that was fixed/replaced, along with the ignition coil and erased the something called DTC?. They also replaced both of the front links, because they were making some kind of rattling.

Lucky for me everything except the back wiper blade was covered. But they told me I need to come back before the end of Feb in the new year to get some other maintaince stuff done.
Most warranties do not cover fuel injectors. It mostly covers engine, transmission, etc. The big things.
Need more information. Such as; Is the check engine light on? Is the car fancy enough and have any errors on the dash? Does the car start in an irregular manner? Does it such of normal? Is there any issue with acceleration and deceleration? "Almost stalling" doesn't really provide enough information.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Nightmare277
Most warranties do not cover fuel injectors. It mostly covers engine, transmission, etc. The big things.
Need more information. Such as; Is the check engine light on? Is the car fancy enough and have any errors on the dash? Does the car start in an irregular manner? Does it such of normal? Is there any issue with acceleration and deceleration? "Almost stalling" doesn't really provide enough information.

There's no check engine light on. I would've gotten it checked at the beginning if I'd seen that. Its a 2011 Hyundai Accent, not fancy at all xD

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. It stutters, in a sense. Like I'll be sitting at a light after getting off the highway, and the car with kind of lurch forward a little bit, but doesn't actually move, then when I press down on the gas, it struggles a bit before it move forward. It will also continue that sort of twitch while I drive after. And now it does it when I'm just driving to work or around my residential area. which is max like 70 km/h.

Now as far as the warranty goes, I talked to my dad, because he know more about it than I do, turns out it's an extended warranty, and it should cover what ever the issue is.
Warranties that cover the engine will cover fuel injectors, as they're a major player in how your engine works. It could be a dirty fuel filter, if it's a hyundai and you've been running the cheapest gas in it, your filter might be all clogged up. If it's your injectors, you can try running a bottle of injector cleaner through your next tank. It's a cheap fix if it does work. My bet is on the fuel filter, though.

The main problem with the car is that it's a hyundai.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
TheMerovingian
Warranties that cover the engine will cover fuel injectors, as they're a major player in how your engine works. It could be a dirty fuel filter, if it's a hyundai and you've been running the cheapest gas in it, your filter might be all clogged up. If it's your injectors, you can try running a bottle of injector cleaner through your next tank. It's a cheap fix if it does work. My bet is on the fuel filter, though.

I though it was going to die on me tonight on my way to a work party. I love my/my sisters accent! Plus it's better than Honda. But that's besides the point. Well me and my dad are dropping the car off Monday morning before work, so they've got all day to figure it out. How does one going about getting the filters changed, and injector cleaner? And yeah, I've been running it on the lowest grade gas, but right now it's the cheapest thing I can afford.
TheMerovingian

I personally like Hyundai. Owned an '02.
Anyways, I would have to agree on the fuel filter. Or it could be the air intake. Perhaps sensors even since she said it was an '11.
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Nightmare277

There's no check engine light on. I would've gotten it checked at the beginning if I'd seen that. Its a 2011 Hyundai Accent, not fancy at all xD

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. It stutters, in a sense. Like I'll be sitting at a light after getting off the highway, and the car with kind of lurch forward a little bit, but doesn't actually move, then when I press down on the gas, it struggles a bit before it move forward. It will also continue that sort of twitch while I drive after. And now it does it when I'm just driving to work or around my residential area. which is max like 70 km/h.

Now as far as the warranty goes, I talked to my dad, because he know more about it than I do, turns out it's an extended warranty, and it should cover what ever the issue is.
Okay, now that's helpful. biggrin
I think it might be something wrong with either timeing, air intake, or fuel intake system. There could be anything from a vaccum leak, fuel leak, or even a faulty sensor. NEVER rule out a faulty sensor until it is inspected. As always, it is difficult to determine what is wrong without looking at it and a technical manual.

Personal note; I HATE SENSORS AND CAR COMPUTERS!! D:<
I have had horrible times with them. A faulty sensor could do anything from rev limits to vehicle misfire/not starting. In some cases the car won't even tell you the sensor is faulty, dirty, or not attached. (Frayed wires even)

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Nightmare277
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Nightmare277

I think it might be something wrong with either timeing, air intake, or fuel intake system. There could be anything from a vaccum leak, fuel leak, or even a faulty sensor. NEVER rule out a faulty sensor until it is inspected. As always, it is difficult to determine what is wrong without looking at it and a technical manual.

I have had horrible times with them. A faulty sensor could do anything from rev limits to vehicle misfire/not starting. In some cases the car won't even tell you the sensor is faulty, dirty, or not attached. (Frayed wires even)

Oh goody. I've only had the car for about 4 months, and more problems keep popping up. Well I guess I'll find out on Monday at some point. Thank you!
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Nightmare277
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Nightmare277

Oh goody. I've only had the car for about 4 months, and more problems keep popping up. Well I guess I'll find out on Monday at some point. Thank you!
Keep me updated. I'm interessted.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Short answer:
It could be anything!

This could be caused by something as simple as a vacuum leak, or as complex as a timing belt/chain

Could be air metering, a clogged injector if it does it all the time. I have my doubts about the fuel filter or injector though, since that should throw a CEL

Having it checked out would be the best bet

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Nightmare277

So turns out I had two cylinders that were misfiring, two coils that had arcing on them. So all that was fixed/replaced, along with the ignition coil and erased the something called DTC?. They also replaced both of the front links, because they were making some kind of rattling.

Lucky for me everything except the back wiper blade was covered. But they told me I need to come back before the end of Feb in the new year to get some other maintaince stuff done.
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Nightmare277

I feel like such an idiot now. It was ignition related.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff