Welcome to Gaia! ::

SilentN1ght
I would personally just Plasti-Dip the rims...any over spray will literally come right off.... Makes it a lot easier and its what I did for my rims...

They were rusty and faded so platidip would just have been a waste, plus as far as i can tell they dont make chrome plasti dip and sure didnt have any at my local shops.

Loyal Gatekeeper

6,950 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Hogosha neko
SilentN1ght
I would personally just Plasti-Dip the rims...any over spray will literally come right off.... Makes it a lot easier and its what I did for my rims...

They were rusty and faded so platidip would just have been a waste, plus as far as i can tell they dont make chrome plasti dip and sure didnt have any at my local shops.

If there rusty and faded, a simple sand down would work, get a smooth surface- most places wont carry plasti dip- better luck at finding them in lowes or home deopt (even then you can only find black, and blue it seems)

If you want a chrome look you can obtain this by using a Silver Metalizer over black plastidip on a rim- it takes a little longer but it can be done and if you dont like it you can remove it.

Personally I would just save up if the rims are rusty and faded and get something later down the road, thats what I did.- i know money can be tight and all (i waited 6 months to get my rims) but it was worth it in the long run.

But again thats just me, do with the information as you see fit
SilentN1ght
Hogosha neko
SilentN1ght

If there rusty and faded, a simple sand down would work, get a smooth surface- most places wont carry plasti dip- better luck at finding them in lowes or home deopt (even then you can only find black, and blue it seems)

If you want a chrome look you can obtain this by using a Silver Metalizer over black plastidip on a rim- it takes a little longer but it can be done and if you dont like it you can remove it.

Personally I would just save up if the rims are rusty and faded and get something later down the road, thats what I did.- i know money can be tight and all (i waited 6 months to get my rims) but it was worth it in the long run.

But again thats just me, do with the information as you see fit

I did sand them down and all that. Not the best sanding in the world but good enough.

I would LOVE to just take these crappy ones off and get some new wheels, but I just dont have the money for that. I make about 500 a month and my college costs about 500 a month, and what little money that doesnt go to my college is usually spent on gas or small fixes.

The best I can hope for is that a local junkyard has some old BMW BBS wheels for cheap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff