Welcome to Gaia! ::

DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
I'm glad my maps are still precise in cities like Amsterdam or Rotterdam, haha. I have no sense of direction really unless I have a bigass landmark I can drive towards.

Ah I see
Well I'm currently in college and plan on going to university after next year so I need to know where I'm going
Also, kinda why I want a Toyota now because I know they can long for a very long time and usually don't take much to fix up.
Yes, good choice :3

.... where are you getting 15k from if you're still in college though? o.o;;;;

My mom is paying for my car.
She wants a car that has around 75mil or 120km on it but I'm sure she'd love the fact I could possibly get one with even lesser mileage for a reasonable price
Well, depends on the price really. and what kinda car it is, haha.
But yeah, why something like that instead of a normal saloon, hatchback or estate?
Especially in post-2000 cars you can't say "safety" as an issue anymore, I can only advise to get a corolla or w/e mid-sized toyotas are named over there from about the same age due to cost efficiency.

Well most of reason why I want the RAV4 is for the space.
Plus I think my mom would like me to have a small SUVs while in school

Then get a wagon, still more cost efficient than a 2.5 liter off-road-ish car.
And why is that? Because honestly, suv's have no right of existence other than that people actually pay for it. For off roading there are real off road cars like Mercedes G and Landrover Discovery, for hauling stuff there are estates like Merc E, or just about any wagon or estate version of any hatchback. Peugeot 307 sw carries a lot I can tell you that. Or just rent a van for 1 day.
And they just are not as fuel efficient because they are so high up in the wind and in general a bit heavyer.

No, I do not like suv's at all, I will admit to that.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W

She wants a car that has around 75mil or 120km on it but I'm sure she'd love the fact I could possibly get one with even lesser mileage for a reasonable price
But yeah, why something like that instead of a normal saloon, hatchback or estate?
Especially in post-2000 cars you can't say "safety" as an issue anymore, I can only advise to get a corolla or w/e mid-sized toyotas are named over there from about the same age due to cost efficiency.

And why is that? Because honestly, suv's have no right of existence other than that people actually pay for it. For off roading there are real off road cars like Mercedes G and Landrover Discovery, for hauling stuff there are estates like Merc E, or just about any wagon or estate version of any hatchback. Peugeot 307 sw carries a lot I can tell you that. Or just rent a van for 1 day.
And they just are not as fuel efficient because they are so high up in the wind and in general a bit heavyer.

Then then what car from toyota is a wagon?
But I also like the RAV4 because it comes in AWD or 4x4 which is helpful in Canada
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W

The Corolla or the slightly more upmarket Avensis all come in wagon forms.
Then again I donĀ“t know the market in the usa, but hey, the 2014 corolla wagon looks pretty neat.

http://volkswagenfoto.imagehostinghosting.com/di-toyota_news_2014_corolla_wagon-4bc0a8485b2f4b917b6bc6ff17cc184a.jpg

And this 2010 one I suspect to be for the american market is... slightly more ugly.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.607994904767039065&pid=15.1

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W

Then again I donĀ“t know the market in the usa, but hey, the 2014 corolla wagon looks pretty neat.

http://volkswagenfoto.imagehostinghosting.com/di-toyota_news_2014_corolla_wagon-4bc0a8485b2f4b917b6bc6ff17cc184a.jpg

And this 2010 one I suspect to be for the american market is... slightly more ugly.

Oh I don't live in the USA. I live in Canada
And winters up here are well...interesting which is why I would like car with AWD or 4x4
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W

And winters up here are well...interesting which is why I would like car with AWD or 4x4
ah, good, you understand the diff between 4x4 and awd.

So why not a legacy outback(or forebearer thereof) or impreza "plus" then?
Subaru is a toyota owned company after all....

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W

I just recently got told what the different is

I heard an outback is fairly small
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W
DizzySnowFire
R.J.W

I just recently got told what the different is

I heard an outback is fairly small
Lol, iti's the sort of tough looking version of the legacy wagon.... And that ainn't no small car, especially for the boot space if you fold down the rear seats. Google it, lol. I'm off to bed
Volkswagen jetta or Audi a4

Rainbow Explorer

DizzySnowFire
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this section however I have a question. What car do you guys think would be best for a first time car owner?
I plan on getting my license in a couple of months and will be getting a car too.
So I would just like some opinions and to know what was your first car?

Mine would've been a 2008 Ford Escape XLS I think but since I live in Canada and my sister lives in GA, she is going to sell it and just send me the money so I don't have to go down there to drive it up.(I really really hate long car rides)
are you kidding the car ride may be long but get to your sisters house and pick that thing up escapes are amazing i own two a 2007 and a 2008 you cant go wrong with an escape they handle real good they get good gas mileage and they dont ever have no problems very reliable and if you do need to fix something there very easy to work on yourself if your into that

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
agent stalker bear
DizzySnowFire
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this section however I have a question. What car do you guys think would be best for a first time car owner?
I plan on getting my license in a couple of months and will be getting a car too.
So I would just like some opinions and to know what was your first car?

Mine would've been a 2008 Ford Escape XLS I think but since I live in Canada and my sister lives in GA, she is going to sell it and just send me the money so I don't have to go down there to drive it up.(I really really hate long car rides)
are you kidding the car ride may be long but get to your sisters house and pick that thing up escapes are amazing i own two a 2007 and a 2008 you cant go wrong with an escape they handle real good they get good gas mileage and they dont ever have no problems very reliable and if you do need to fix something there very easy to work on yourself if your into that

My mom is already going to give me money to buy a car bu thanks for the input

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Looks like I'm ending up with a 2010 Toyota Camry XLE

Aged Noob

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
My first and current car is a Lexus IS250.
I have no idea what a good first car for anybody would be though...
I'm happy with my first car though.

Original Regular

Sorry I've been away dealing with life, Hopefully congrats on the car and I hope you got a good deal. Be careful on the road.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff