Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm liking the new a** on that. Getting back to the sexy curves of the car not the cheeze wedge wind tunnel look they've had for way to long.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

So they're abandoning the signature corvette tail lights?
Oh how the die-hards are gonna love that

While they're passing out "******** you"'s, why not make it a hybrid?
Or even take a page out of the mustang's legacy and make it a 4 cylinder turbo, or try and make it a luxury car, cause those worked so well

I dunno why, but lately I'm getting the vibe that a 30 year old woman is in charge of GM's current direction, Cadillac being the exception

Spark, Cruze, Volt, Sonic, she raped the genius idea they had for the impala and replaced it with a gravy boat, now she's trying to design a car that appeals to her 9 year old nephew's aspiration to become a transformer. I'm all for change, but it's just bad marketing to be too radical on something as established as the corvette
Crimmy Sun

Or even take a page out of the mustang's legacy and make it a 4 cylinder turbo, or try and make it a luxury car, cause those worked so well

I dunno why, but lately I'm getting the vibe that a 30 year old woman is in charge of GM's current direction, Cadillac being the exception

Spark, Cruze, Volt, Sonic, she raped the genius idea they had for the impala and replaced it with a gravy boat, now she's trying to design a car that appeals to her 9 year old nephew's aspiration to become a transformer. I'm all for change, but it's just bad marketing to be too radical on something as established as the corvette
Your don't know a lot about the old vette do you the tail on the vette have made I lot of changes over the years. From size to shape to number of them. What's nice is this one as that old stingray look to the body lines. That's a sexy car yea some people will hate on the tail light big deal. Really vette lovers have seen thoughs lights change over the years so the ones I know wouldn't care that much in the long run.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
I don't think this will be released for 2013 and it's still too reminiscent to the C6 with a C2 parody twist, doesn't look like something that should be taken seriously. I'd rather buy the new Viper
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
I don't think this will be released for 2013 and it's still too reminiscent to the C6 with a C2 parody twist, doesn't look like something that should be taken seriously. I'd rather buy the new Viper
It's a sexy car though with that slpit back window and the old body lines.

Enduring Friend

I for one am for this new Vette. Kinda.

To address the other shtoof said in this thread:

In all honesty, the tailights arent that signature. The Nissan (Skyline) GT-R has them and they're just two circles. Simmer down. The greatest looking Corvette of all time (atleast to me) is the C3, and those had the smallest "signature" tailights of any modern Corvette (besides the C2, which is ugly imo.)

Second, how could anyone say this is like the C2? This new C7 has as many curves (if not more) curves than the C6 (which is very curvy btw.) The C2 has as many curves as a shoebox. Period.

Third, what "transformer" stuff are you saying Crimmy? Why not call that new Camaro a "transformer"? I mean, it did star in the movie as a transformer. Also, just because the taillights are boomerang-shaped doesnt make the whole thing a transformer; if thats the case, the BMW i8 is a transformer. Case closed; that comment was just bad.

Also, the Corvette will never have a I4. It was born with a V8 and guess what it'll die with. A V8. Probably somewhere in the year 2364; or atleast that's what I'm pushing for.

As far as my opinion of the new Vette goes, well. Mixed.

They're lowering the displacement. To (IIRC) 5.5L. Smaller than the trademark 5.7L of the original SBC? Im not sure that I am agreeable to this change; if I were head of the project I'd say "******** you fuel economy and emissions" and slam a redesigned aluminum, centrifugally supercharged 7.5 L V8 in there with 32 valves and 8 psi of boost in EVERY base Corvette. Im thinking it'd pump in the range of 800 HP (with .50 BSFC, .88 VE and the affect of 705 ci at full boost.) oh yeah, I'd say "******** warranty" too.

Now, this new 5.5L apparently has VVT and a lot of new technology. Apparently supposed to make "comparable" HP to the C6 with "less displacement, better fuel economy and better emissions.".... Last I checked, the Corvette wasnt a Prius. So why was emissions even mentioned at all? GM, sometimes, I don't understand you. But ok.

As far as look go? Well it's okay. Again following the "great supercar aesthetic redesign revolution" that the new i8 started, so now every supercar needs to look like a spaceship. Why? ******** if I know.

In the end; I probably will never own a C7. By choice of course.
Reminds me of the Bertone project, except I like the look of this rear end better.
Crimmy Sun

We live in a world where a Malibu can do 155mph. GM knows what they're doing.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Sep/0920_malibu_turbo.html
elemein
It was born with a V8 and guess what it'll die with. A V8.

surprised

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Les Indesirables
elemein

surprised

I hope the next Corvette comes with a Twin Turbo Straight 6.
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
Les Indesirables
elemein

surprised

Why? They can do more with the v8

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
theothermanoverthere
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
Les Indesirables
elemein

surprised

The new BMW M3 will have one (the last one had a V8 ) and The M6 has a twin Turbo V8 (the last one had a V10 ). With fuel prices going up, I don't understand my American car makers; they think the only way to increase power is to increase displacement. I have nothing against big engines, I simply would like to see these companies develop a better car. for example, Instead of OHV, they should make their engines with DOHC and 4 valves per cylinder

Enduring Friend

THE ULTIMATE DOOM
The new BMW M3 will have one (the last one had a V8 ) and The M6 has a twin Turbo V8 (the last one had a V10 ). With fuel prices going up, I don't understand my American car makers; they think the only way to increase power is to increase displacement. I have nothing against big engines, I simply would like to see these companies develop a better car. for example, Instead of OHV, they should make their engines with DOHC and 4 valves per cylinder

Aha, you give me a hearty laugh. I am not surprised in the very slightest you'd go straight for "lets put a TT Inline 6 in there" for just about any car, you'd probably even say the same if I said "What engine should I put in my weed whacker?"

I mean, 50% of the posts you post in The Garage are all "I love the GT-R", "GT-R is best", " I wonder if anyone notices I love the GT-R", " Did I mention I love the GT-R?"

Sorry dude, the Corvette will not get anything but a large-displacement V8. Period. Sometimes it'll be supercharged (LS9), and sometimes it'll be turboed (B2K Callaway), but it's going to have 8 cylinders, and a s**t ton of displacement.

I do not know where you get off saying that OHV is a less efficient design than SOHC or DOHC. As a matter of fact, American muscle cars already do have these technologies (that new-fangled 5.0 32v Ford Mustang engine), and, if it wasn't for the Mustang's VVT technology, it would only be a top-end vehicle (well, that, and the fact it has very large ports. Remember, one very large port will always conduct more and better air flow than two ports taking up the same space. They will not have the same surface area of the bigger port and they will have slightly combatting air flow streams.) Wow that was a long bracket.

2 Valves per cylinder is an efficient setup. As is pushrod. You may hear some people say "DOHC is more efficient than OHV", and that is both correct AND incorrect.

By power, it is less efficient. I mean c'mon, just think about it. What takes more power to spin? One heavy metal rod with lobes on it or two? If you answered one, you're correct.

Now, by task distribution, it is more efficient. By putting less stress on each valvetrain component, you can rev higher reliably. It just makes sense; the same load distributed to two camshafts (and valvetrain assemblies) will be much less stressed than the same load put on one camshaft (and assembly.) Therefore, there is more overhead potential to work with.

If revs is your goal, then DOHC and 5-valves per cylinder is your ticket; just ask the performance variants of the 4A-GE. Though revs is not the goal in the SBC series, reliable torque with a usable powerband is; and so, large-displacement V8s with 2-valves per cylinder will stay. The Corvette may one day incorporate more valves per cylinder (3-valves per cylinder was the original idea for the LS7), but the point I'm trying to make is that OHV is not an ineffcient technology whatsoever.

If it tickles your lower parts at all, the new engine will have VVT technology. So... Yeah... Be happy about it?

Oh yeah, PS. Without the turbochargers, both the RB engine series and the VR series engines are absolute dogs.
elemein
THE ULTIMATE DOOM

Aha, you give me a hearty laugh. I am not surprised in the very slightest you'd go straight for "lets put a TT Inline 6 in there" for just about any car, you'd probably even say the same if I said "What engine should I put in my weed whacker?"

I mean, 50% of the posts you post in The Garage are all "I love the GT-R", "GT-R is best", " I wonder if anyone notices I love the GT-R", " Did I mention I love the GT-R?"

Sorry dude, the Corvette will not get anything but a large-displacement V8. Period. Sometimes it'll be supercharged (LS9), and sometimes it'll be turboed (B2K Callaway), but it's going to have 8 cylinders, and a s**t ton of displacement.

I do not know where you get off saying that OHV is a less efficient design than SOHC or DOHC. As a matter of fact, American muscle cars already do have these technologies (that new-fangled 5.0 32v Ford Mustang engine), and, if it wasn't for the Mustang's VVT technology, it would only be a top-end vehicle (well, that, and the fact it has very large ports. Remember, one very large port will always conduct more and better air flow than two ports taking up the same space. They will not have the same surface area of the bigger port and they will have slightly combatting air flow streams.) Wow that was a long bracket.

2 Valves per cylinder is an efficient setup. As is pushrod. You may hear some people say "DOHC is more efficient than OHV", and that is both correct AND incorrect.

By power, it is less efficient. I mean c'mon, just think about it. What takes more power to spin? One heavy metal rod with lobes on it or two? If you answered one, you're correct.

Now, by task distribution, it is more efficient. By putting less stress on each valvetrain component, you can rev higher reliably. It just makes sense; the same load distributed to two camshafts (and valvetrain assemblies) will be much less stressed than the same load put on one camshaft (and assembly.) Therefore, there is more overhead potential to work with.

If revs is your goal, then DOHC and 5-valves per cylinder is your ticket; just ask the performance variants of the 4A-GE. Though revs is not the goal in the SBC series, reliable torque with a usable powerband is; and so, large-displacement V8s with 2-valves per cylinder will stay. The Corvette may one day incorporate more valves per cylinder (3-valves per cylinder was the original idea for the LS7), but the point I'm trying to make is that OHV is not an ineffcient technology whatsoever.

If it tickles your lower parts at all, the new engine will have VVT technology. So... Yeah... Be happy about it?

Oh yeah, PS. Without the turbochargers, both the RB engine series and the VR series engines are absolute dogs.
This is just about the the turbo but the same could be said about a lot of cars. Like and evo it's not got a lot of nut without the turbo.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
THE ULTIMATE DOOM
Les Indesirables
elemein

surprised

Then it'll be like the GT-R xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas