Welcome to Gaia! ::

II Existentialism II
@ first post
I drive a 79 280zx and I love it more then most cars that i have owned, it just looks aggressive, and the body had real thought put into it, not just pre-made molded plastic, yeah today's technology has advanced in cars, but also those are moer things that can go wrong, like a car that will break for you if your driving to fast, what happens if the unit is not operating properly it might slam on the breaks, which would cause an accident. I prefer my computer controlling only the fuel injection system,the spark, and the afm, thats it ^_^
I'm the same why I'm not big on all this techno car s**t I like the cars you dive not the ones that drive you. I really don't like putting my life in the hands of a computer.
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere
rolleyes rolleyes no I said they were plastic hotwheels with motors. Not that hot wheels are made of plastic. Not the same statement. I was saying they were worse because they were like hot wheels cars but plastice.

But Hot Wheels makes classic american cars mostly.... So the cars you like are more like american cars.... material-wise and everything
And Tanner Foust got a world record driving a Hot Wheels car

And Corvettes are made of plastic, and plastic parts are actually better, lighter, cheaper, don't rust, handle temperature changes better without damaging paint and they're far more dent resistant, I'm not seeing the issue with cars using plastics, there's absolutely no positives to having metal panels over plastic ones outside of malleability, which is a solution to a problem plastics don't have

So what's wrong with plastic?
You got the cheap part right. You can't fix a plastic body panels. You have to replace every one you ******** up. I can fix just about anything you can do to a Matel panel. Plus you hit a cat with a plastic bumper " cover" you to pay out the a** for a new one. Not with a matel one. The new corvette is s**t. If you're going more then 50 and and hit a pot hole you just lost or cracked half your car. If you dent it and it dont crack then you still have to get a new part, because it lives a soft spot in the plastic. If my matel car rusts I can cut and add new matel to fix it. A matel car can be totaled and can still be fixed, not with a plastic car. And that's not even half of way I dont like it.

Well that portion is completely wrong

You can fix plastic, it's called fiberglass body filler
Dents in metal create creases
hit a cat with a bumper cover, the bumper cover just absorbs impact ant reforms
New Vette is far an away better than any vette they've ever made in every possible way
doing 50 over a pothole wouldnt damage anything but maybe a rim, and that goes for any car, not to mention a stiff suspension is kinda common sense performance, the vette was never intended to car about your tender a**
if you dent plastic it just reforms, the end, it doesn't get soft
and if a plastic piece were to break, for like half the price and effort your putting out there to prep, cut, clean, weld, smooth, surface, prime, paint and clear. I can just bolt on the new damn panel and not look like an enormous douche trying to show off how badass he is at doing unnecessary amounts of work for unsatisfactory results
Ever time you have to replace a part you've dropped the cars value a lot. Plastic is s**t it brakes way to easy. Bondo blows a** and fiberglass reson wil work but you not fixing it you covering it up. I don't want a car that was half assed with bondo and fiberglass resin. Both are for lazy mechanics that don't want to fix it right. My dad grow up in a body shop work there as his first job. He told me that if someone wanted to have a cheap fix they bondoed it or used fiberglass because yea it was cheap but cheap don't mean good. If they wanted it right they would have to fix the metal or pull the dent out and work from there. Also when you dent plastic the material will stretch and this makes it weaker. That why you get the white lines and what not when you pop the spot out.

If you hammer metal the metal becomes weaker
And if you dent plastic to the point where it's whitened then you're really not in a position to be worrying about how it effects the value of your car

And Bondo exists for like you who are cutting chunks out of your car and welding in new ones to smooth out imperfections, which you should know

And I already said, plastics are plenty durable
Now stop trying to pass of you horrible opinion as fact, it's growing tiresome
Bondo is for people that can't work Metal for s**t. It's a cheap and shitty way to fix a car. Any mechanic worth a s**t will tell you to never bondo what you can fix with some time a welder. Bondo will ******** a paint job up in a year or so if it sees any sun, it flakes off and makes a car almost unsellable. No one wants that s**t one there car. Now fiberglass on Fiberglas is the same as fixing metal with metal. It's only good on Fiberglas that's it. And that's only if you know what you're doing with it. I've done it all and doing it right is the hard part.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere
You got the cheap part right. You can't fix a plastic body panels. You have to replace every one you ******** up. I can fix just about anything you can do to a Matel panel. Plus you hit a cat with a plastic bumper " cover" you to pay out the a** for a new one. Not with a matel one. The new corvette is s**t. If you're going more then 50 and and hit a pot hole you just lost or cracked half your car. If you dent it and it dont crack then you still have to get a new part, because it lives a soft spot in the plastic. If my matel car rusts I can cut and add new matel to fix it. A matel car can be totaled and can still be fixed, not with a plastic car. And that's not even half of way I dont like it.

New Vette is far an away better than any vette they've ever made in every possible way
doing 50 over a pothole wouldnt damage anything but maybe a rim, and that goes for any car, not to mention a stiff suspension is kinda common sense performance, the vette was never intended to car about your tender a**
and if a plastic piece were to break, for like half the price and effort your putting out there to prep, cut, clean, weld, smooth, surface, prime, paint and clear. I can just bolt on the new damn panel and not look like an enormous douche trying to show off how badass he is at doing unnecessary amounts of work for unsatisfactory results
Ever time you have to replace a part you've dropped the cars value a lot. Plastic is s**t it brakes way to easy. Bondo blows a** and fiberglass reson wil work but you not fixing it you covering it up. I don't want a car that was half assed with bondo and fiberglass resin. Both are for lazy mechanics that don't want to fix it right. My dad grow up in a body shop work there as his first job. He told me that if someone wanted to have a cheap fix they bondoed it or used fiberglass because yea it was cheap but cheap don't mean good. If they wanted it right they would have to fix the metal or pull the dent out and work from there. Also when you dent plastic the material will stretch and this makes it weaker. That why you get the white lines and what not when you pop the spot out.

And if you dent plastic to the point where it's whitened then you're really not in a position to be worrying about how it effects the value of your car

And Bondo exists for like you who are cutting chunks out of your car and welding in new ones to smooth out imperfections, which you should know

Bondo is for people that can't work Metal for s**t. It's a cheap and shitty way to fix a car. Any mechanic worth a s**t will tell you to never bondo what you can fix with some time a welder. Bondo will ******** a paint job up in a year or so if it sees any sun, it flakes off and makes a car almost unsellable. No one wants that s**t one there car. Now fiberglass on Fiberglas is the same as fixing metal with metal. It's only good on Fiberglas that's it. And that's only if you know what you're doing with it. I've done it all and doing it right is the hard part.

You're still going?
not even gonna bother reading
theothermanoverthere

Obvious bias and ignorance is obvious. I should put you on ignore already. rolleyes
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere

Obvious bias and ignorance is obvious. I should put you on ignore already. rolleyes
Ain't going make difference to dude. But you go ask any one that works body work they'll tell you the same thing.
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere

You're still going?
Nothing to say. If you can show me I'm wrong thin go for it but I know this stuff.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere

You're still going?
Nothing to say. If you can show me I'm wrong thin go for it but I know this stuff.

No you don't
Show me some of your work then
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
themanoverthere

You're still going?

No you don't
If I had pics I would. You going to show me anything that's shows I'm worng.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere

You're still going?

No you don't

What, you want a video of me breaking panels on a car?
That's a stupid request
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere

You're still going?

No you don't

That's a stupid request
Use google find info something you can't say no you're wrong and prove nothing.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere

No you don't

That's a stupid request

I'm saying you're wrong, and not bothering, this isn't a research project, i dun care about your hypothesis and misguided automotive racism. believe what you want lil guy, not my concern
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere

No you don't

That's a stupid request

I'm saying you're wrong, and not bothering, this isn't a research project, i dun care about your hypothesis and misguided automotive racism. believe what you want lil guy, not my concern
So you're just full of s**t that's good to know kid. I like racism as anything to with cars? And it's not what I believe it's what I and ever body guy I know as seen time and time again. No I will they have made some body filler that is ok but you can stop rust with any of it. That can only be done and done right if you cut the piece out and put new metal in its place. If you do it right you increase the value of the car, not decrease like bondo will. No one wants to buy a car with bondo on it. Would you buy a car with bondo all over it?

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
Crimmy Sun
theothermanoverthere
If I had pics I would. You going to show me anything thats shows Im worng.

Thats a stupid request
Use google find info something you cant say no youre wrong and prove nothing.

Im saying youre wrong, and not bothering, this isnt a research project, i dun care about your hypothesis and misguided automotive racism. believe what you want lil guy, not my concern
So youre just full of s**t thats good to know kid. I like racism as anything to with cars? And its not what I believe its what I and ever body guy I know as seen time and time again. No I will they have made some body filler that is ok but you can stop rust with any of it. That can only be done and done right if you cut the piece out and put new metal in its place. If you do it right you increase the value of the car, not decrease like bondo will. No one wants to buy a car with bondo on it. Would you buy a car with bondo all over it?

Yeah thats great, tell me more

Hygienic Werewolf

6,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm in this for the lulz
theothermanoverthere
I like racism

He likes racism.

Quick Reply

Submit