Welcome to Gaia! ::

So gents... And females. Any ideas? I've already installed the beloved CAI and I have a throttle body spacer. This has always been a concern for me. Now I'm all crazy for this after just driving an NSX Type-S. That thing was AWESOME!!!

P.S. This is for a 2012 Civic
Any help is appreciated.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Take it all off and install itb's
Take it all off, buy a faster car.
Itb's, lighter flywheel, but an m3.
TheMerovingian
Thanks for the advice. -_-
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian

Hahahaha sorry man smile What do you want? You drive a honda civic. They aren't meant to be sporty, fast, or anything like an NSX. Take the sports mods off, tune it for high MPG, and spend $2,500 on an older sports car. You'll have a reliable daily driver, and weekend project that you can tune to your hearts desire.
TheMerovingian
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian

Hahahaha sorry man smile What do you want? You drive a honda civic. They aren't meant to be sporty, fast, or anything like an NSX. Take the sports mods off, tune it for high MPG, and spend $2,500 on an older sports car. You'll have a reliable daily driver, and weekend project that you can tune to your hearts desire.
Good friend of mine built a '91 hatch that reached 500hp. I read this all the time of people easily hitting 300+. I'm not expecting to beat people on a drag. I'm building a track car.

Something to note is that the Civic RR can actually keep up with an R8 in cornering. That's incredibly impressive for a four banger.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Nightmare277
TheMerovingian
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian

Good friend of mine built a '91 hatch that reached 500hp. I read this all the time of people easily hitting 300+. I'm not expecting to beat people on a drag. I'm building a track car.

Something to note is that the Civic RR can actually keep up with an R8 in cornering. That's incredibly impressive for a four banger.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is just a civic
You can have fun with it, but there is a limit

And a Civic RR may be able to take a sharp hairpin faster than an R8, but it'd be monstered in the straights or long sweepers
Or if the track is wet

The only scenario a Civic RR will beat an R8 is on a go-kart track or if someone built the sidewinder from Forza 2

You're going in totally the wrong direction here anyways
Badass track car dun make badass track times
Badass drivers make badass times
Go to the track, get some seat time on an actual track, take some classes, drive the little Mazda3's and Miata that for some reason every track in the entirety of the U.S. just has on tap
And learn to drive properly.
I went to Thompson motor speedway earlier this year and watched a Scion TC make a track of Mustangs, Evos, Challengers, STI's and a GT-R look absolutely ******** silly

I'm talking like, passed a Z06 on the start of a straight purely off corner exit speed

In short, go take a ********' class and learn to drive (in a nice way)
Crimmy Sun
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian

And a Civic RR may be able to take a sharp hairpin faster than an R8, but it'd be monstered in the straights or long sweepers
Or if the track is wet

The only scenario a Civic RR will beat an R8 is on a go-kart track or if someone built the sidewinder from Forza 2

Go to the track, get some seat time on an actual track, take some classes, drive the little Mazda3's and Miata that for some reason every track in the entirety of the U.S. just has on tap
I went to Thompson motor speedway earlier this year and watched a Scion TC make a track of Mustangs, Evos, Challengers, STI's and a GT-R look absolutely ******** silly

I'm talking like, passed a Z06 on the start of a straight purely off corner exit speed

i have to agree with this.

hondas have lots of parts for them which is abundant and cheap, makes them competitive at times. though in the end, the driver is the most important part.

take tsuchiya keiichi for example, a well known professional driver and drift king. he can drive pretty much any car to their full potential. there was a video of him driving against our best drift drivers. they used a stock miata, really hard to drift since it's super underpowered. the american drivers had a hard time driving it at first, they spun out a couple times since they were so used to high performance cars and modded to their liking. they still did really well though, since they're professionals and top of their class.

pretty much what i'm trying to say is, take your car, in whatever modded condition it may be in to the track. find out the good and bad for your vehicle. learn your car and learn about your driving skills. tune/mod the car to your style, ie if the car doesn't feel gripy enough or likes to roll, maybe have some dedicated track tires for that extra grip, or adjust your camber bolts, even a strut tower brace will help to handle the corners. learn to attack corners, timing of the use of brake and gas, and proper gear when entering and leaving so you can be efficient.

those are some examples. keep driving to practice your skills and learn, cheers mate.
Crimmy Sun
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian

Or if the track is wet

Trust me, I plan to. When I get out of the Army I'm going to Vegas to drive a GTR R35 on a track with professionals and later check to see if any Honda Dealerships have recommended schools. I know that they do the same for Ford ST, Golf GTI, and Corvettes; so I know I'll find a school.
ArykLoo
Crimmy Sun
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian
Nightmare277
TheMerovingian

Or if the track is wet

i have to agree with this.

hondas have lots of parts for them which is abundant and cheap, makes them competitive at times. though in the end, the driver is the most important part.

take tsuchiya keiichi for example, a well known professional driver and drift king. he can drive pretty much any car to their full potential. there was a video of him driving against our best drift drivers. they used a stock miata, really hard to drift since it's super underpowered. the american drivers had a hard time driving it at first, they spun out a couple times since they were so used to high performance cars and modded to their liking. they still did really well though, since they're professionals and top of their class.

pretty much what i'm trying to say is, take your car, in whatever modded condition it may be in to the track. find out the good and bad for your vehicle. learn your car and learn about your driving skills. tune/mod the car to your style, ie if the car doesn't feel gripy enough or likes to roll, maybe have some dedicated track tires for that extra grip, or adjust your camber bolts, even a strut tower brace will help to handle the corners. learn to attack corners, timing of the use of brake and gas, and proper gear when entering and leaving so you can be efficient.

those are some examples. keep driving to practice your skills and learn, cheers mate.
And of course I take this into deep consideration. I need to practice rev matching right now. >_<
Nightmare277
And of course I take this into deep consideration. I need to practice rev matching right now. >_<

I'm assuming you mean the practice of downshifting before you enter a corner, and then bringing your revs up before you lay off the clutch to control how much de-acceleration you use to enter the corner and then take off again in a lower gear?
TheMerovingian
Nightmare277

I'm assuming you mean the practice of downshifting before you enter a corner, and then bringing your revs up before you lay off the clutch to control how much de-acceleration you use to enter the corner and then take off again in a lower gear?
That's exactly what I meant.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces