Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Jolly Douche bag
theothermanoverthere
The Jolly Douche bag
Doctor Roofie
The Jolly Douche bag
cause i can get an rx7 cheap, but when i modify the body i dont want to be classified as a ricer confused

I'll hate you...
why? would this not look good under the hood of such a nice car?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
That's one bad a** motor right ******** yeah, im gonna try to get the exhaust to sound like a classic muscle car smile
Now you talking I like the power and respect the 13b for what it is but you just beat the sound and just badassery that is a the old muscle car sound and feel. There ant a honda out the that can give you that.

Shirtless Businesswoman

The Jolly Douche bag
Doctor Roofie
The Jolly Douche bag
cause i can get an rx7 cheap, but when i modify the body i dont want to be classified as a ricer confused

I'll hate you...

An LS9 is a bit too tall for an FC. But I'm a firm lover of the rotary motor, and the RX series has turned into the icon of said motors. I'm as much for automotive blasphemy as the next guy, but the rotary is where I draw my line. Stick it in a 240. You want a badass muscle car, then buy one.

8,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Doctor Roofie
The Jolly Douche bag
Doctor Roofie
The Jolly Douche bag

I'll hate you...

An LS9 is a bit too tall for an FC. But I'm a firm lover of the rotary motor, and the RX series has turned into the icon of said motors. I'm as much for automotive blasphemy as the next guy, but the rotary is where I draw my line. Stick it in a 240. You want a badass muscle car, then buy one.
the way i see it

User Image

Shirtless Businesswoman

The Jolly Douche bag
Doctor Roofie
The Jolly Douche bag
Doctor Roofie
The Jolly Douche bag

I'll hate you...

the way i see it

User Image

Communism works very well... if it didn't, Christians wouldn't hate it.

Dapper Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Kokuren
Yes.

Its the gayest thing since the geo metro. Keep it rotary or go home.

There is a performance shop over here that has been buying LS swapped 7's and ripping them out for the a 13b. They even have an SA22c with a 13b dei from a wrecked t2.

I resent that.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kit Tainess
Kokuren
Yes.

There is a performance shop over here that has been buying LS swapped 7's and ripping them out for the a 13b. They even have an SA22c with a 13b dei from a wrecked t2.

I resent that.

Should I have said prius?

Sparkly Vampire

6,250 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
SOURCE: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

1. ricer 6641 up, 650 down
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice" wink to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

Dapper Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Kokuren
Kit Tainess
Kokuren
Yes.

I resent that.

Daewoo.

Blessed Gekko

Kit Tainess
Kokuren
Kit Tainess
Kokuren
Yes.

I resent that.

Daewoo.

Geo metros are the most amazing things on the planet. Pedestrian pathway blocking your way? Drive on it!

Dapper Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Space Dynamics
Kit Tainess
Kokuren
Kit Tainess
Kokuren
Yes.

I resent that.

Daewoo.

Geo metros are the most amazing things on the planet. Pedestrian pathway blocking your way? Drive on it!

I actually have a Prizm, but it's not much bigger.
If you want a real authentic musclecar sound, get yourself a Small block Chevy, not an LS6.
SynergizeEnergize
If you want a real authentic musclecar sound, get yourself a Small block Chevy, not an LS6.

Which small block? I will admit that I know nothing about American engines. I don't know the difference between the LSes or which car they came from. So, I'm willing to learn. Take this time to educate.

Btw, somewhat relevant video.

Chron0s
SynergizeEnergize

Which small block? I will admit that I know nothing about American engines. I don't know the difference between the LSes or which car they came from. So, I'm willing to learn. Take this time to educate.

Btw, somewhat relevant video.

That's a ford 302. Looks like a pretty stock motor. Has a Carter/Edelbrock carb on top. Here's a fun video.
Yeah, I know the Miata had a 302. I follow the build thread on it. Pretty cool beans, imo.

The video you posted was cool as well. Question. Why do these old school muscle cars always sound like they're about to die? An erratic idle like that would be a cause for concern for any other car, yet it seems to be pretty standard affair for old school muscle. Is it running super lean for more power?

5,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Are you putting another motor in your car just for image? Because if you're only concerned about what other people think, that's pretty rice in and of itself. Do it because it's what makes you feel good about the car. I'd replace my RB in a heartbeat with a US market 2J if I could affordably keep the adaptive AWD. The 2J is just easier for me to work with and understand. I don't give a crap about what other people say about my car if I'm happy with the work I've put into it and function of it. OP did you honestly think you were going to get a better response posting this in chatterbox? At least the responses you got here had some insight. Posting in Chatterbox just makes it seem like you just want validation.

I'll say it again. You don't need it from us- do it because YOU want to. Don't let anyone else make the decision for you or you will regret it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff