Welcome to Gaia! ::

so i am interested in getting a fiat or some sort of affordable compact car with great fuel mileage in the 12000 dollar range.
however i have been reading various reviews online going everywhere from calling the fiat500 sport nothing more than a pretty looking tin can to saying it's great.
other cars i have been looking at are older prius' (2009-11 models in my pride range) and scion iq. also read something about the honda fit being a good car.
i would prefer something newer but i am not opposed to older models, just slightly biased i guess under the assumption something newer will last longer.
any advice? have any experience with the newer fiat models?

(i would be using the car mostly for work commute however i have a long distance relationship from seattle to portland in which id be driving that distance on i5 a couple times a month)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
garlands
so i am interested in getting a fiat or some sort of affordable compact bike with great peddle mileage in the 50$ dollar range.
however i have been reading various reviews online going everywhere from calling the fiat500 sport nothing more than a pretty looking tin can to saying it's great.
other bike i have been looking at are older prius' (2009-11 models in my pride range) and scion iq. also read something about the honda fit being a good bike.
i would prefer something newer but i am not opposed to older models, just slightly biased i guess under the assumption something newer will last longer.
any advice? have any experience with the newer fiat models?

(i would be using the bike mostly for work commute however i have a long distance relationship from seattle to portland in which id be riding that distance on i5 a couple times a month)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
you might need to get a car not a bike

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

The 500 is a fantastic car
Powerful or sporty it is not though
It's fun and pretty much just a fashion statement

The Abarth on the other hand is very quick, and is just plain ******** fantastic to drive

Where I stand though, is the Ford Fiesta
I'm sure we all know this by now
But my obvious bias aside, the Fiesta is an amazing car and Is essentially exactly what you're looking for
Otherwise I would say to look into the Mazda3 or the 2015 Mazda2

Fashionable Fatcat

I don't think you can go wrong with the fiat
solid car.
Small, Cheap, (Somewhat cheaply made)
But its a solid car
Crimmy Sun

The Abarth on the other hand is very quick, and is just plain ******** fantastic to drive

But my obvious bias aside, the Fiesta is an amazing car and Is essentially exactly what you're looking for

Someone around here has the Abarth 500. He HAS to have some after market pipes for that thing because it sounds throaty as ********. Looks happy but sounds like its going to tear s**t up any second.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Hogosha neko
Crimmy Sun

Someone around here has the Abarth 500. He HAS to have some after market pipes for that thing because it sounds throaty as ********. Looks happy but sounds like its going to tear s**t up any second.

Friend of mine has one too
They sound ******** insane!

When I first heard it, it scared the s**t outta me
Crimmy Sun
Hogosha neko
Crimmy Sun

It always catches me off guard. "Oooh! whats that?!" only to turn around to that damn 500 again lol.
It's like the Honda of European cars. Cheaper to make, cheaper to fix, and a solid drive! Though any car that is from Europe (no matter how cheap) will still cost you a couple extra bucks than you intended for fixing and such.
Hogosha neko
Crimmy Sun
Hogosha neko
Crimmy Sun

It always catches me off guard. "Oooh! whats that?!" only to turn around to that damn 500 again lol.

saw one the other day and i thought a subie bro car was around me but i couldnt find it.turns out it was the abarth lmao. *dead*
Wang v1
Hogosha neko
Crimmy Sun
Hogosha neko
Crimmy Sun

saw one the other day and i thought a subie bro car was around me but i couldnt find it.turns out it was the abarth lmao. *dead*

Like i said, they just sound so much bigger than they are lol.

Bashful Cat

17,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Ewww. Don't do it! It's an over-glorified Dodge Neon/PT Cruiser hybrid. PIECE. OF. CRAP. cat_confused
The biggest complaint I hear is it drives like an older car. (sluggish, weird shifting, etc)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff