Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really like the Fisker Karma. It's a hybrid that actually works. Before the whole hybrid/ electric car became a big deal, I always wondered what a big full scale car-sized brushless motor would be capable of outputting in terms of power.

I remember I had a Castle Creation Sidewinder brushless motor + ESC for one of my R/C trucks, and that thing was capable of reaching 65mph+.

With the Fisker Karma, there's no bullshit recharging. You just use the gasoline engine as a generator for more electricity, and let that electric motor put down its 402 hp, 959 lb-ft of torque. Brilliant. Prius should take notes.

Invisible Grabber

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Mid-engine AWD twisted

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Chron0s
I really like the Fisker Karma. It's a hybrid that actually works. Before the whole hybrid/ electric car became a big deal, I always wondered what a big full scale car-sized brushless motor would be capable of outputting in terms of power.

I remember I had a Castle Creation Sidewinder brushless motor + ESC for one of my R/C trucks, and that thing was capable of reaching 65mph+.

With the Fisker Karma, there's no bullshit recharging. You just use the gasoline engine as a generator for more electricity, and let that electric motor put down its 402 hp, 959 lb-ft of torque. Brilliant. Prius should take notes.

Yeeeeeah, 403 hp and a top speed of 125, 0-60 in 6.3 sec, and it looks like a catfish

I'm all for electrics and whatnot, but they're all s**t
There's a well the that's brimming with potential, they're amazing ideas, but it's in its infancy, what they have out there right now is really just crap

does it work? Leaf aside, hell no
But can it, hell yes, look at the Leaf
Electric, hydrogen and bio-diesels are the future of automotive's, but it's all too young, there's no consensus on how to do it, and no real steps forward
the biggest step forward was prolly the Honda insight, but it seems like we're just going to step one, then going around finding other step ones if you get what I mean, someone needs to try and get to step 2 already instead of everyone going around trying to find different fancy expensive ways to get to the same point over and over.

But again, I'm all for electrics, in no way am I against all these hybrids and whatnot, but I don't think it's their time yet, not outside of a metropolis yet anyways, we need to stick to what we know for now, until we can find a better way to do it.

I also want to remind you all, I don't care about the environment, if I did, I wouldn't support electric cars or hybrids, because they're worse for the environment than gas cars are. ********' industry can't even reach a consensus on how to re-purpose or dispose of the battery packs

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun
Chron0s

Yeeeeeah, 403 hp and a top speed of 125, 0-60 in 6.3 sec, and it looks like a catfish

I'm all for electrics and whatnot, but they're all s**t
There's a well the that's brimming with potential, they're amazing ideas, but it's in its infancy, what they have out there right now is really just crap

Electric, hydrogen and bio-diesels are the future of automotive's, but it's all too young, there's no consensus on how to do it, and no real steps forward
the biggest step forward was prolly the Honda insight, but it seems like we're just going to step one, then going around finding other step ones if you get what I mean, someone needs to try and get to step 2 already instead of everyone going around trying to find different fancy expensive ways to get to the same point over and over.

But again, I'm all for electrics, in no way am I against all these hybrids and whatnot, but I don't think it's their time yet, not outside of a metropolis yet anyways, we need to stick to what we know for now, until we can find a better way to do it.

I also want to remind you all, I don't care about the environment, if I did, I wouldn't support electric cars or hybrids, because they're worse for the environment than gas cars are. ********' industry can't even reach a consensus on how to re-purpose or dispose of the battery packs

I like all electric cars for their mileage (that's just me though. I'm frugal.)

I understand what you mean by the step 1 thing; every company has to stop "reinventing the brushless electric motor wheel" so to speak, but really, there's nothing wrong with what we have now. I read an article awhile ago as to why gas prices are going up; it isnt because we're running out; it isnt because it pollutes the earth-- it's all because of inflation and marketing. We're inflating our economy rapidly, and marketing tactics are proving very succesful in this day and age of constant communication and blitzkrieg fads. We can stay on petrol for a very long time and not run out for the next decade-- at the very minimal.

I never really liked electric cars outside of their mileage. You cant tune them. I'm very into "customizing" your car to make it more yours and to understand your vehicle more. That's why my favourite cars are modified cheaper cars and not Lamborghinis or Ferraris-- I just like something with it's owners' flair in it.

Hydrogen? Biodiesel? All sound scrumptious to me. Based off the same ideology of the petrol and diesel, therefore tunable to high heaven.

Overall, if it isnt my DD, electric aint for me.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
Crimmy Sun
Chron0s
I really like the Fisker Karma. Its a hybrid that actually works. Before the whole hybrid/ electric car became a big deal, I always wondered what a big full scale car-sized brushless motor would be capable of outputting in terms of power.

With the Fisker Karma, theres no bullshit recharging. You just use the gasoline engine as a generator for more electricity, and let that electric motor put down its 402 hp, 959 lb-ft of torque. Brilliant. Prius should take notes.

Im all for electrics and whatnot, but theyre all s**t
Theres a well the thats brimming with potential, theyre amazing ideas, but its in its infancy, what they have out there right now is really just crap

Electric, hydrogen and bio-diesels are the future of automotives, but its all too young, theres no consensus on how to do it, and no real steps forward
the biggest step forward was prolly the Honda insight, but it seems like were just going to step one, then going around finding other step ones if you get what I mean, someone needs to try and get to step 2 already instead of everyone going around trying to find different fancy expensive ways to get to the same point over and over.

But again, Im all for electrics, in no way am I against all these hybrids and whatnot, but I dont think its their time yet, not outside of a metropolis yet anyways, we need to stick to what we know for now, until we can find a better way to do it.

I also want to remind you all, I dont care about the environment, if I did, I wouldnt support electric cars or hybrids, because theyre worse for the environment than gas cars are. ******** industry cant even reach a consensus on how to re-purpose or dispose of the battery packs

I like all electric cars for their mileage thats just me though. Im frugal.)

I understand what you mean by the step 1 thing; every company has to stop reinventing the brushless electric motor wheel so to speak, but really, theres nothing wrong with what we have now. I read an article awhile ago as to why gas prices are going up; it isnt because were running out; it isnt because it pollutes the earth-- its all because of inflation and marketing. Were inflating our economy rapidly, and marketing tactics are proving very succesful in this day and age of constant communication and blitzkrieg fads. We can stay on petrol for a very long time and not run out for the next decade-- at the very minimal.

I never really liked electric cars outside of their mileage. You cant tune them. Im very into customizing your car to make it more yours and to understand your vehicle more. Thats why my favourite cars are modified cheaper cars and not Lamborghinis or Ferraris-- I just like something with its owners flair in it.

Hydrogen? Biodiesel? All sound scrumptious to me. Based off the same ideology of the petrol and diesel, therefore tunable to high heaven.

Overall, if it isnt my DD, electric aint for me.

The mileage isnt even that good, city mileage on a hybrid, thats pretty good, yes, but fully electric, is s**t

Leaf is 106 miles, and the Fisker electric is 300, which is less than the Fusion, personally, Id take the Fusion

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun

The mileage isnt even that good, city mileage on a hybrid, thats pretty good, yes, but fully electric, is s**t

Leaf is 106 miles, and the Fisker electric is 300, which is less than the Fusion, personally, Id take the Fusion

I didnt mean how far you can go on one tank, I meant how much you pay for each mile.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
Crimmy Sun

I didnt mean how far you can go on one tank, I meant how much you pay for each mile.

Which is still essentially the same here in the states, you just see it on you electric bill instead

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun
elemein
Crimmy Sun

Which is still essentially the same here in the states, you just see it on you electric bill instead

Theres a lot more ways to get electric power in many various costs (from free of handcrank to very expensive of gasoline generator), whilst in gasoline you can only get it from the pump at the set price.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
Crimmy Sun
elemein
Crimmy Sun

Theres a lot more ways to get electric power in many various costs from free of handcrank to very expensive of gasoline generator), whilst in gasoline you can only get it from the pump at the set price.

Practically no one has wind generators, or hydro generators, solar is getting there, but still not really many, and do you really wanna sit there cranking a manual generator for 18 hours? Likely more due to lack of energy generation

They need too much juice to power for really any of those alternatives to work, and they take forever to charge
I really had my hopes up for Hydrogen fuel cells. But, doesn't seem like the oil tycoons are supporting it. No Hydrogen fill up stations sprouting up.

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
I miss those good ol' rear engine, rear wheel drive cars...

Enduring Friend

psyco_bongun22
I miss those good ol' rear engine, rear wheel drive cars...

You can still find lots. It's called a Porsche.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff