Welcome to Gaia! ::

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
Crimmy Sun

Just adding to what I said >.>
b*****d

Anyways, the oval shape would be make the swirl a bit violent I'd say, this is one of thos situations where air is a fluid, think about what swirling an oval while pouring water on on it vs a circle, way to violent of a flow

I think a half-circle would be even more violent... because then you have a 180-degree angle slashing at the air... That's a no-no...

I'll stick with my circles rofl In all honesty, there is no situation where an engine would ever really NEED non-symmetrical valves. It's kind of one of those things in engines that just happened to "work out" really well. Redesigning a valve shape to allow for more surface area would be problematic in most designs. If the heads were so small that simply making a bigger circular valve would be insufficient, and you needed a half-circle valve, then that would logically mean that you've already exhausted your other, more conventional options (bigger heads, bigger ports, bigger manifolds, etc.), and unless you're working on an extremely undersquare design, the flowrate you're trying to mold the engine towards would out of the range of the engine's air-flow capabilities, and the optimum airflow rate would be out of the engine's maximum rev range and displacement.

It just worked out... Maybe your idea would work out well if we were talking about a top-fuel dragster with a supercharger the size of a boulder and required an optimum flow-rate of such a ridiculously large number, that MAYBE your valve idea would become tangible; but then you'd burn your fancy shmancy valves after one run...

Also, I'm not really adding on to what youre saying; valves dont rotate to promote airflow. They rotate because they naturally do; there is nothing to stop them from rotating and there are slightly centrifugal forces acting on them making them turn. They do promote fuel atomization flow. A perfect example would be the Wankel rotary. Notorious for unburned fuel (bad atomization), yet they have wonderful airflow characteristics (yet no valves?)

no one said my valves had to last, just, would it work xD
I think it would, call it a race set up

Hell something similar to a single butterfly valve would work as well..... but not for very long, nor would it be efficient

But if you want a nice display piece, it'd look pretty badass on a shelf

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun

no one said my valves had to last, just, would it work xD
I think it would, call it a race set up

Hell something similar to a single butterfly valve would work as well..... but not for very long, nor would it be efficient

But if you want a nice display piece, it'd look pretty badass on a shelf

It probably would work... Though for some reason I think I'm forgetting something that would hinder them even more... Oh well, it's probably not that important.

Either way, they would look purtyful on a shelf... Kind of odd, but purtyful nonetheless xD

Devout Hunter

Crimmy Sun
Okay, I'm beginning to notice way too many of the same thread type of thing going on here

and they're all at the top....

I wasn't aware I needed to go through admin before asking for someone's opinion. I'm sorry, if you feel this question is too "basic" for you. You could have just..

A.) Ignore the thread.

B.) Come up with your own Thread

C.) Go on with the rest of your life.

I only asked this question to get a better understanding on society's view point on transmissions from a broader audience.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

QuietStorm XII
Crimmy Sun
Okay, I'm beginning to notice way too many of the same thread type of thing going on here

I wasn't aware I needed to go through admin before asking for someone's opinion. I'm sorry, if you feel this question is too "basic" for you. You could have just..

A.) Ignore the thread.

I only asked this question to get a better understanding on society's view point on transmissions from a broader audience.

I could have, but I didn't
Instead I commented on the fact that on the list of threads, you were surrounded by the exact same thread

Devout Hunter

Crimmy Sun
QuietStorm XII
Crimmy Sun

A.) Ignore the thread.

I could have, but I didn't
Instead I commented on the fact that on the list of threads, you were surrounded by the exact same thread

Well, your honest at least. When I did the topic, I didn't really see any others like mine, but I didn't really check either. These things just happen sometimes.

Seeker

Ha Ha Ha.... boys

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas