Welcome to Gaia! ::

elemein
Chron0s
I've currently been wanting a to trade my Camry for a wagon of some kind. I guess you could call that a very-very short term, realistic, real world application "dream car?"

I can't decide which wagon to aim for though. I want something as reliable as the Camry and to have the same ability of being able to be maintained properly on a shoestring budget like the Camry. Anyone have any thoughts?

I was thinking maybe Volvo 240 wagon..

Subaru Outback. Do it. Do it now.

Too small.

Enduring Friend

Chron0s
elemein
Chron0s
I've currently been wanting a to trade my Camry for a wagon of some kind. I guess you could call that a very-very short term, realistic, real world application "dream car?"

I can't decide which wagon to aim for though. I want something as reliable as the Camry and to have the same ability of being able to be maintained properly on a shoestring budget like the Camry. Anyone have any thoughts?

Too small.

It's not the size, it's what you do with it.

Yeah, Volvo 240 then.
elemein
Chron0s
elemein
Chron0s

Too small.

It's not the size, it's what you do with it.

Yeah, Volvo 240 then.

Haha, that was a good comment. I chuckled.

Subaru wagons was what I started looking for first actually. But, they just aren't roomy enough, sadly.

Universal Champion

14,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Probably this since I grew up watching it. heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Lotus Elise
sweatdrop
I'm sorry.

Enduring Friend

tulin13
Lotus Elise
sweatdrop
I'm sorry.

You're saying sorry for liking an amazing car? What's the problem here?

Distinct Poster

3,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gender Swap 100
BMW M1 or BMW M 635 CSi.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

tulin13
Lotus Elise
sweatdrop
I'm sorry.

Why no Exige?

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
elemein
tulin13
Lotus Elise
sweatdrop
I'm sorry.

You're saying sorry for liking an amazing car? What's the problem here?

Thanks;;
I was a little worried it'd be the odd one out here.

Crimmy Sun
tulin13
Lotus Elise
sweatdrop
I'm sorry.

Why no Exige?

It's a tough contest, but I prefer the suspension of the Elise and the general look.

Enduring Friend

tulin13

Thanks;;
I was a little worried it'd be the odd one out here..

If I had an honorary mention in my dream cars; The Exige and Evora would be right up there. They are very alike the MR-S afterall.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

tulin13

Crimmy Sun
tulin13
Lotus Elise
sweatdrop
I'm sorry.

Why no Exige?

It's a tough contest, but I prefer the suspension of the Elise and the general look.

Dun lie, you didn't think of it

And all Lotus suspension setups are perfect
even the Carlton
Chron0s

Those Volvos are known for being rock solid reliable, but they've grown pretty long in the tooth, I'd be questionable of their reliability now, and when something does break, it'll cost you a fortune, or you'll be at every pick-a-part and junk yard in SoCal looking for a rare car... My friend had an old Volvo, idk what model it was, but it was a giant coupe with a 4 speed manual. Seemed like fun.

Would an Accord Wagon be your thing? Some come with the Vtec. Or how about a giant sedan? I don't know just how much room you need, but one of my old friends in high school had a Crown Victoria and in the thing we were able to fit 2 guitar cabs 4x12" and 2 amps, and guitar cases in the back seat and the ginormous trunk. You can find the tuned P71 police interceptor models for dirt cheap. And the things are tanks. I found a few on craigslist with more than 400,000 miles, still running.

I don't know your price range but this is typical.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3711762182.html
theothermanoverthere
Chron0s
theothermanoverthere
69 dodge charger or a gtr-r34 I'd be happy with that.

i thought you hated Japanese cars.
no No lol just the shitty ones like Hondas lol. Toyota and Nissan make some bad as cars like the skylines, Silvia, and supras and s**t like that. There higher end cars are great I just don't like there cheap bullshit cars.

I'm really picky about what jap cars I like.

What do you hate about Honda?

Personally one of my dream car is the NSX.
Chron0s

c'mon don't just tip me you have no feedback from what I posted for you? cry
zosh
Chron0s

c'mon don't just tip me you have no feedback from what I posted for you? cry

Haha, sorry. Feedback wise, I think you addressed my unspoken concerns fairly well with the Volvos. They are known for being rock solid, but they're all so old now that you're bound to get one that needs this and that and has higher mileage than I would like. And, I've already gotten a taste of what it's like trying to buy parts for an European car from the '80s with my old Benz. Not fun.

Accord and Camry wagons are just too round, they're just not my style although I'm sure that they'd be pretty reliable in their own right. I would consider a Cressida wagon were they not so overpriced because Japan fan boy tax price-majigger.

I wanted a lot of room to be able to carry all sorts of things that you just can't really put in a sedan no matter how big the size of the sedan. I wanted to be able to have all seats except the front lay flat and have a huge bed available to carry things with.

Ultimately though, thanks for the advice. But, now I'm not really considering getting/ trading for a wagon anymore. I decided to just stick with my Camry and instead this year I'm focusing more on getting more serious about my photography hobby.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff