Welcome to Gaia! ::

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Word from Dodge is they're getting rid of the Challenger for a smaller RWD car built with their Italian pals

And it's name shall be Cuda says Motor Trend

Any thoughts?
Wtf I just hope they don't ******** up like they did With the charger and dart.

Interesting Nerd

I read that as well.
I'm probably going to buy an 2012 in two years once my truck is paid off and I'll be content.

The Barracuda is aiming for 2014 if I remember correctly? I am curious as to how it will turn out.
I thought as far as the old muscle cars go, the Cuda was bigger than the Challenger?

6,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Jacob 100
WAHT?
YOU TAHT READ WRONG!!!

Originally, the Challenger was the offering at the Dodge dealership meanwhile the Barracuda was exactly the same car except it was badged Plymouth...

Now they want to make a different car with the name of the "same" car????

People are gonna get very crazy and obviously confused with this!!! eek

Well... I'm not very surprised that Chrysler idiots made that kind of mistake...

But why the heck don't they keep the Challenger name and make the car significantly different at once instead of changing the names all the time???

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Isuna
WAHT?
YOU TAHT READ WRONG!!!

Originally, the Challenger was the offering at the Dodge dealership meanwhile the Barracuda was exactly the same car except it was badged Plymouth...

Now they want to make a different car with the name of the "same" car????

People are gonna get very crazy and obviously confused with this!!! eek

Well... I'm not very surprised that Chrysler idiots made that kind of mistake...

But why the heck don't they keep the Challenger name and make the car significantly different at once instead of changing the names all the time???

Because the design of the Challenger needs to be heavily tweaked in order to compete in it's niche market

in actuality from a marketing stand point the 'Cuda name, carries more weight than the challenger, so it makes perfect sense, they had to step back and re-evaluate what they want from the car they already designed to compete with the Mustang and Camaro. This means fresh start on the same car, fresh start, fresh nameplate, makes perfect sense

they wouldn't want to make the Nova mistake Chevy did, or the Cougar one from Ford, now would they?
The challenger was a great looking car but it wasn't perfect. I admire them for trying to do what they did. Bringing back the old muscle look. The issue with the challenger was it was so heavy for the amount of power it put out. If they do the cuda right then it could really be something to watch out for.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Fox2102
The challenger was a great looking car but it wasnt perfect. I admire them for trying to do what they did. Bringing back the old muscle look. The issue with the challenger was it was so heavy for the amount of power it put out. If they do the cuda right then it could really be something to watch out for.

The power was in no way the problem
Weight, okay, but it had plenty of power, the problem was their whole attempt to make a luxury appeal, they put too much crap in it and make it too damn big. They simply forgot their demographic.

Cultist

Let's see that new 'cuda.

Dapper Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I can understand giving up the Challenger for the 'Cuda. It's my understanding that the Challenger was more of an overpowered passenger car whereas the 'Cuda was actually a sports car.
Kit Tainess
I can understand giving up the Challenger for the 'Cuda. It's my understanding that the Challenger was more of an overpowered passenger car whereas the 'Cuda was actually a sports car.
All muscles cars were over powered two door famly cars. All so don't call them sports cars there not really not, in fact in the 60s they almost killed the sports car indersty but then the gas s**t happend and well the muscle car had to go.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Yeah..... gonna call bullshit, pretty sure they were going for sportscar
Crimmy Sun
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Yeah..... gonna call bullshit, pretty sure they were going for sportscar
They were made for the track the ovel one. But they had to be cars they could sale for street use too. They were not sport cars. This is. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is when the two lines starts to cross User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. and this User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Again race cars yes sport cars not as much, but it's really not that big of a diff but hay you like to fight over every thing so there you go.

Ps almost forgot the deff of a muscle car is a large V8 engine fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, family-style mid-size or full-size car designed for four or more passengers.

Dapper Hunter

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
theothermanoverthere
Kit Tainess
All muscles cars were over powered two door famly cars. All so don't call them sports cars there not really not, in fact in the 60s they almost killed the sports car indersty but then the gas s**t happend and well the muscle car had to go.
Aw Christ, now this guy's gonna start with me? First of all, learn to spell before you even try to contradict me. Second of all, sports car is defined as a two door car built for speed and handling. The American obsession with drag racing in the sixties thanks to the hot rod culture made the standard of 'handling' in America a car's ability to track a straight line. Hmm, let's see, tracks a perfectly straight line, does a 13.3 quarter mile with a damned automatic transmission straight out of the factory, only has two doors; yep, that sounds like a muscle car, oh wait, it also sounds like a SPORTS CAR.

Furthermore, Detroit didn't just up and stop cranking out cars when gas went up. It's not like they looked outside, saw gas was over $0.50/gal, and turned off all the main breakers for the muscle regions of their plants. Some purists of muscle car culture claim that the muscle car 'died' in 1974 when gas went up and new emissions laws were passed, but the fact of the matter is that a 1975 Cobra or Charger would still dust a typical consumer car like the Pinto or Pacer without hitting top gear.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff