Welcome to Gaia! ::

The check engine light turned on in my car today while driving home from the bank.

A week ago I got the oil changed it in and the air filter changed when I was out of town visiting my parents. I didn't drive it for a few days after that and then I came home I drive it for a hour and a half to get back to the city. There was no light on at that time and today, I drove it for the first time I got back them BAM it lit up.

This has never happened to me before, I need my car, and the worse thing is I need to drive across town (15 min drive) to get a refill of a perception I NEED, unless I want to walk a hour and a half.

Tomorrow I'll call the garage to see if they can check to see why it is showing up.

In the mean while, I am scared to drive my car... but i need to get across town and back tomorrow. Is my car safe to drive? I know it sounds and acts normal sense that happened. But I am still really scared.

My car is a Kia Spectra LX 2006.

Thanks in advance!
If it sounds normal, acts normal, and all temp and oil gauges look fine, you're probably good to go. Good chance it's just an o2 sensor (that monitors your exhuast gas) that's on its way out.
I called the garage as soon as they opened this morning, they said it was safe to drive and I am going to get get them to run diagnostics to see what's up, to be safe. Depending what it is, I might not get it done right away, but I ll come back here to update everyone!
Underage Kitty
I ll come back here to update everyone!

... It's just me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out