• Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Will do. Well it's actually his car not mine. I already have my Camry. But I want him to have a safe car which means AWD since he's not use to the whole snow thing.

Have you and him ever considered getting something aside from SUVs? There are a few cars that have AWD too.

Like what for example?

Subaru Impreza, Subaru XV CrossTrek, Subaru Outback, Subaru Forester.....

What would be consider a larger size car?

The Venza would of course be a mid sized SUV, which is larger than Subaru Forester. If he prefers a smaller size he can look at the Forester or he can look at the XV Crosstrek.

Is it important that he needs a larger car?

well he's tall and a bit big
this? or this?
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Like what for example?

The Venza would of course be a mid sized SUV, which is larger than Subaru Forester. If he prefers a smaller size he can look at the Forester or he can look at the XV Crosstrek.

this? or this?

Kilometers driven are fairly high for the price you are willing to pay, the Tiguan is still a better deal than those.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Like what for example?

this? or this?

Kilometers driven are fairly high for the price you are willing to pay, the Tiguan is still a better deal than those.

Could I talk them down?
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

this? or this?

Could I talk them down?

Yes, but the problem isn't the price, it is what it will cost you to repair down the road. Some Subaru are known to have head gasket problems and at around 160k KMs, the timing belt needs to be replaced. Hence it is better to get a car that has lower kilometers driven

Always remember that the higher the KMs, unless the maintenance schedule is followed, the higher the chances of something breaking and will be your out of pocket expense.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

this? or this?

Could I talk them down?

Yes, but the problem isn't the price, it is what it will cost you to repair down the road. Some Subaru are known to have head gasket problems and at around 160k KMs, the timing belt needs to be replaced. Hence it is better to get a car that has lower kilometers driven

Always remember that the higher the KMs, unless the maintenance schedule is followed, the higher the chances of something breaking and will be your out of pocket expense.

Would a Crosstrek be consider a medium size car?
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

this? or this?

Could I talk them down?

It is actually a fairly smaller car. Is your boyfriend over 6' tall? if so, he might not be comfortable in a XV crosstrek

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

this? or this?

Could I talk them down?

It is actually a fairly smaller car. Is your boyfriend over 6' tall? if so, he might not be comfortable in a XV crosstrek

I'm pretty sure he is. He says he is fairly tall and big.
What would be a good car for someone like that?
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Could I talk them down?

I'd say just go for the Tiguan. Low miles and can be negotiated to under $14k

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Could I talk them down?

Should I even let him test out how the RAV4 is?
I just know Toyota is very reliable
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Of course, have him test drive both. Ask the dealer if they have any service history on the car too.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Of course, have him test drive both. Ask the dealer if they have any service history on the car too.

Do you have any other suggestion?
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Unfortunately not in the price range that would be reasonable for you to purchase. I could recommend Lexus SUVs which are the luxury line for Toyota, but they would easily be at least twice if not more of your budget.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire
daredevil_keiji
DizzySnowFire

Unfortunately not in the price range that would be reasonable for you to purchase. I could recommend Lexus SUVs which are the luxury line for Toyota, but they would easily be at least twice if not more of your budget.

is this too high?
this too

Original Regular

You still haven't bought a car?!

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Brother Kam
You still haven't bought a car?!

I have I have this is for my boyfriend