Welcome to Gaia! ::

you don't need a shitload of mirrors, you just need wide angle focusing optics.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
Crimmy Sun
elemein
Crimmy Sun
elemein
Maybe the lasers themselves are fine and bright, and eliminate those concentrated areas, just block out laser diode itself in the headlight compartment, then make the rest of the headlight compartment mirror light out everywhere else, including infront of the car with 45 degree angle mirrors.

It'll still be bright, it'll eliminate the concentration, and it'll drain America of more money. Beautiful idea, lets get working on plans this instant!

You'd need to either mirror the laser or risk s**t on the front of your car catching fire

That's what i meant; mirror the laser. It'd still be a laser, but if bounced around at the right angles, you'll still get the desired brightness without the "OH MY GOD MY EYES!!!" sensation of your eyes turning into hard-boiled eggs.

if you just mirror continuously it, it's at some point going to exit the housing, and the laser quality won't really degrade enough to be safe

Get 24 carat reflection up in this shizit?

Meh, good point, but a reduction is better than direct contact. There could be something else incorporated to help reduce the effects.

Even better idea would to not do it at all

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun
elemein
Crimmy Sun
elemein
Crimmy Sun
elemein
Maybe the lasers themselves are fine and bright, and eliminate those concentrated areas, just block out laser diode itself in the headlight compartment, then make the rest of the headlight compartment mirror light out everywhere else, including infront of the car with 45 degree angle mirrors.

It'll still be bright, it'll eliminate the concentration, and it'll drain America of more money. Beautiful idea, lets get working on plans this instant!

You'd need to either mirror the laser or risk s**t on the front of your car catching fire

That's what i meant; mirror the laser. It'd still be a laser, but if bounced around at the right angles, you'll still get the desired brightness without the "OH MY GOD MY EYES!!!" sensation of your eyes turning into hard-boiled eggs.

if you just mirror continuously it, it's at some point going to exit the housing, and the laser quality won't really degrade enough to be safe

Get 24 carat reflection up in this shizit?

Meh, good point, but a reduction is better than direct contact. There could be something else incorporated to help reduce the effects.

Even better idea would to not do it at all

True. I dont like the laser ideas, I'm absolutely happy with HIDs. Im just brainstorming how to do it

8,750 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Jacob 100
people who have those headlights should be shot on sight. Annoying ********.
What's the difference between Xenons and HIDs? Is there a difference? I don't really care much about lighting so I don't know the terms. lol

Enduring Friend

Chron0s
What's the difference between Xenons and HIDs? Is there a difference? I don't really care much about lighting so I don't know the terms. lol

Difference between HID and Xenon? There is no difference.

A Xenon is a TYPE of HID headlight.

It's like cars and the Honda Civic. The Civic is a TYPE of CAR. smile

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

elemein
Chron0s

Need for an example?
But yes Xenon can be a form of HID

HID bulb rather than using a filament, use a light arc to produce light withing a compressed gas
Some Xenon bulbs, specifically the ones you don't need ballasts for, or OE replacement style bulbs simply use compressed xenon gas in a normal Halogen style bulb, which gives it a whiter hue

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun
elemein
Chron0s

Need for an example?

HID bulb rather than using a filament, use a light arc to produce light withing a compressed gas
Some Xenon bulbs, specifically the ones you don't need ballasts for, or OE replacement style bulbs simply use compressed xenon gas in a normal Halogen style bulb, which gives it a whiter hue

I put the example because it was kind of vague. He might've thought it mightve been a category of HID instead of a brand of HID products. Which it is.

edit: It's the difference between saying a subcompact car IS a car, and then saying a Honda Civic IS a car. They're both cars; the Honda Civic is just a brand and product while subcompact is a category.

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For when you absolutely, positively need to blind that f*cker in front of you.
Crimmy Sun

Need for an example?

So say my car uses H3/ H4 bulbs. I can purchase Xenon bulbs that are direct replacement if they are the normal Halogen style bulbs?

Levis Pennae
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For when you absolutely, positively need to blind that f*cker in front of you.

Funny thing is, with the amount of tint I have in my rear window, I pretty much cannot see anything behind me except for light. I don't see the car, I just see some headlights, barely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff