Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, BMW is in the process of redefining the headlight by utilizing 1 Watt laser diodes to create a stronger beam on the road.

PRETTY PICTURES.

Personally, I think these are awesome. I also have an odd fascination with car lighting and such, and am also very blind at night on the road (My HIDs are a godsend). I think the brightness is a great aid to people who can't see all too great. They also look really... freaking cool.

On the other hand, -insert every complaint about bright headlights here-. >.>

Thoughts?

Shirtless Businesswoman

Great... a new a*****e the annoy you're rear-view mirror...

N b4 laser light Accord's and Maxima's...

Cultist

Doctor Roofie

Just get your windows tinted, problem solved.
Sweet lights, I kinda want some now

Shirtless Businesswoman

midnitevil
Doctor Roofie

Just get your windows tinted, problem solved.

Accept for the the whole backing into a garage or parking space at night time, sure! I think that should suffice for one mirror…

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Won't that like... decimate the retinas of children and animals?

and personally, I can see people deciding "Oh i'm cool and unique now hurr, hurr" then putting a magnifying glass style headlight lens on their car and just wreaking new levels of havoc on the sight of the elderly

Enduring Friend

Crimmy Sun

and personally, I can see people deciding "Oh i'm cool and unique now hurr, hurr" then putting a magnifying glass style headlight lens on their car and just wreaking new levels of havoc on the sight of the elderly

I loled. smile

Shirtless Businesswoman

Crimmy Sun

Are you attempting to sway me towards or away from projectors?

Unforgiving Sex Symbol

It's definitely a cool idea, though...i'd have to agree, I feel like peoples eyes would get annihilated.

And honestly, as far as being in front of a car that has super bright headlights, if it bothers you so much ******** move out of the way. Or like what was already said, tint your windows.

Shirtless Businesswoman

CITY GARDENS
It's definitely a cool idea, though...i'd have to agree, I feel like peoples eyes would get annihilated.

And honestly, as far as being in front of a car that has super bright headlights, if it bothers you so much ******** move out of the way. Or like what was already said, tint your windows.

I'll just stick to brake checking people.

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
If your headlights bother people driving SUVs whos rear view mirror is several feet above your headlights said headlights are an issue. Or your just a d**k who likes driving around with the high beams on just to see his cool new HID lights.
Unique, but I don't think BMW needs to go this far out of there was to improve the head lights of their cars. As if, HIDs aren't enough. Hell, I drove out of the mall parking lot tonight without my lights on, and made it pretty far throughout the town, when finally I was at an area where there weren't as many lamp posts and realized something wasn't right.

Shirtless Businesswoman

Levis Pennae
If your headlights bother people driving SUVs whos rear view mirror is several feet above your headlights said headlights are an issue. Or your just a d**k who likes driving around with the high beams on just to see his cool new HID lights.[/quote

Being said, I drive a lifted Bronco with a window above most car's roofs...
Maybe I'm the only one who enjoys seeing progress ._. ...

Think of this as a leap in technology, where we no longer need bulbs to utilize light. Instead, using a more precise source that allows the road to be a little less dangerous at night.

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Sanala
Maybe I'm the only one who enjoys seeing progress ._. ...

Think of this as a leap in technology, where we no longer need bulbs to utilize light. Instead, using a more precise source that allows the road to be a little less dangerous at night.

Imagine the laser malfunctions, I'd rather pay the $150 for the HID bulb
And it may be pretty, but its still a laser, and no laser is gentle, deer are gonna love it, old people are gonna hate it, children are gonna cry and on-coming traffic is gonna crash because of it

HIDs are plenty bright, we really dont need to be trying to find brighter solutions.
We now have LED headlights too, so I say thats where the tech needs to stop, LED lasts forever, its plenty bright, and it uses next to no energy, precision can be attained through housing design, and I'm sure BMW realizes this
This step forward is merely showing off, just as BMW always does

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces