Welcome to Gaia! ::

Those cars need a higher power output man. They're barely on par with a Civic Si...

However, hopefully the cost doesn't make them out of reach for the well-doing early 20 year olds... If not, then it'll be in 'Stang GT territory, but have V6 performance (but probably way less torque...)

Greedy Gawker

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/04/subaru-brz-sti-teasers-coming-soon/

yea the current setup is pretty lame!
soo awesome when I saw this!
ugh but to start all over with car payments again gonk
Th3 Aceton3 Princ3

I mean, I've never driven one so i can't judge, but when a grand caravan makes 275 hp... and muscle cars making 420+... this Toyota sports car has GOT to make more than 200, especially when family sedans have similar 0-60 times. So it's not just power:weight ratio either...

This link makes me excited but no info about price surprised

Greedy Gawker

zosh
Th3 Aceton3 Princ3

I mean, I've never driven one so i can't judge, but when a grand caravan makes 275 hp... and muscle cars making 420+... this Toyota sports car has GOT to make more than 200, especially when family sedans have similar 0-60 times. So it's not just power:weight ratio either...

ive driven one, ive also drive an sti
theyre pretty disappointing to be honest, the fact that they went with the Subaru NA flat four was kinda like " . . . . . . why?"
the demand for it will be high making dealers adjust their price im sure.
Th3 Aceton3 Princ3
zosh
Th3 Aceton3 Princ3

theyre pretty disappointing to be honest, the fact that they went with the Subaru NA flat four was kinda like " . . . . . . why?"
Yeah after driving an STi I bet it is. But really, the FR-S isn't even a significant upgrade over the last MR2

Greedy Gawker

zosh
Th3 Aceton3 Princ3
zosh
Th3 Aceton3 Princ3

Yeah after driving an STi I bet it is. But really, the FR-S isn't even a significant upgrade over the last MR2

The only great thing about the FRS/BRZ is that its RWD & sorta light so drives nice
the STI option sure will make it super fun I bet!!!

No Results Found's Significant Otter

zosh
Those cars need a higher power output man. They're barely on par with a Civic Si...

However, hopefully the cost doesn't make them out of reach for the well-doing early 20 year olds... If not, then it'll be in 'Stang GT territory, but have V6 performance (but probably way less torque...)
Fr-s' are fun to drive. mustangs give off bad vibes aha.

Distinct Poster

3,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gender Swap 100
What I'm hearing it'll be a handling and weight reduction change from the standard Toyobaru.
Dr Derange
zosh

Fr-s' are fun to drive. mustangs give off bad vibes aha.
What's interesting, is that the Mustang (V6 included) is a more balanced platform than some "pure sports cars" out there like the 370z, a base model Mustang costs $8,000 less, and has only 33 less horsepower. (And better MPG, but we don't don't about efficiency, do we.)

And then there is this comparison, BRZ vs FRS vs MX-5 vs GTI vs Genesis vs V6 Mustang on a tight twisty track to test the handling of the following cars:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1207_high_performance_two_door_comparison/viewall.html

The Mustang is, and always has been, the best bang for the buck. Even the Hyundai is a better performing platform "out of the box" than the Toyobaru's. I curious how the forced induced VW would do after a tune though. But you can't really compare modded cars, even then, the Mustang has the largest aftermarket of any car out there.

zosh
Throw an s2000 in the mix of those cars and see where it ends up.
I think the 370z's were a step down from the 350's.. All that matters is your personal taste and what you want to drive. Statistics alone wont guarantee a sale from me. The fr-s reminds me of a car that you would have wanted in the late 90's and is now available. The biggest aftermarket in America, but how many people in Asia own a mustang? Wait is Ford even in any Asian countries?? It makes sense that wherever a car is originally from it's going to be more popular.
Dr Derange
zosh
Throw an s2000 in the mix of those cars and see where it ends up.
I think the 370z's were a step down from the 350's.. All that matters is your personal taste and what you want to drive. Statistics alone wont guarantee a sale from me. The fr-s reminds me of a car that you would have wanted in the late 90's and is now available. The biggest aftermarket in America, but how many people in Asia own a mustang? Wait is Ford even in any Asian countries?? It makes sense that wherever a car is originally from it's going to be more popular.
The comparison was 2012 2 door cars under 29,000, and not roadsters that had a MSRP above $32,000 made 3+ years ago. Yeah, I guess when you count Chinese made s**t, then yeah, Asia has a bigger "aftermarket" for certain models. But ghetto tail lights and silly shift knobs aren't really mods huh

zosh
The comparison was 2012 2 door cars under 29,000, and not roadsters that had a MSRP above $32,000 made 3+ years ago. Yeah, I guess when you count Chinese made s**t, then yeah, Asia has a bigger "aftermarket" for certain models. But ghetto tail lights and silly shift knobs aren't really mods huhI've seen mustangs with altezzas before lol. People have interesting taste.
Dr Derange
zosh
The comparison was 2012 2 door cars under 29,000, and not roadsters that had a MSRP above $32,000 made 3+ years ago. Yeah, I guess when you count Chinese made s**t, then yeah, Asia has a bigger "aftermarket" for certain models. But ghetto tail lights and silly shift knobs aren't really mods huh
I've seen mustangs with altezzas before lol. People have interesting taste.Indeed, I've seen an Eclipse with Lambo doors and a giant spoiler. Please, learn how to quote.

zosh
accidents happen crying emotion_omnomnom emotion_omnomnom

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

There's a rumor going around that the FR-S is the middle-ground car

Toyota is supposedly developing a top and bottom RWD car, or Supra and Celica if you will

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff