Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

In the past weeks I've seen several FR-S' popping up in the Edmonton area but I've yet to see a Subaru BRZ on the streets or even on the lots. So whats happening here that the BRZ is a no-show? Supply shortages or what?

Enduring Friend

Kosai Avonej
In the past weeks I've seen several FR-S' popping up in the Edmonton area but I've yet to see a Subaru BRZ on the streets or even on the lots. So whats happening here that the BRZ is a no-show? Supply shortages or what?

Not released yet. Just like the FT86. Not all the FR-S/BRZ/FT86 cars are EXACTLY the same; all the companies put their own little twists on the car.

Elder

elemein
Kosai Avonej

Not released yet. Just like the FT86. Not all the FR-S/BRZ/FT86 cars are EXACTLY the same; all the companies put their own little twists on the car.
Alright, I was just wondering why I'm seeing the FR-S popping up everywhere but the BRZ has yet to make an appearance.

Enduring Friend

Kosai Avonej
elemein
Kosai Avonej

Alright, I was just wondering why I'm seeing the FR-S popping up everywhere but the BRZ has yet to make an appearance.

Yeah; you guys are actually ahead of us down there in America. I've yet to see more than a handful of FR-S's in the past month. Lot of GT-R's though... I guess that "first year run" fever has to go away first...

Elder

elemein
Kosai Avonej
elemein
Kosai Avonej

Yeah; you guys are actually ahead of us down there in America. I've yet to see more than a handful of FR-S's in the past month. Lot of GT-R's though... I guess that "first year run" fever has to go away first...
Everyone wants to buy the car now while they turn heads. I admit it's a good looking machine but in the winter it's a large mantle to park in the garage here in Edmonton with the snow we get. It's like the Fiat 500 last summer, everyone wanted one and it turned heads. This summer is the FR-S/BRZ.

Enduring Friend

Kosai Avonej
elemein
Kosai Avonej
elemein
Kosai Avonej

Everyone wants to buy the car now while they turn heads. I admit it's a good looking machine but in the winter it's a large mantle to park in the garage here in Edmonton with the snow we get. It's like the Fiat 500 last summer, everyone wanted one and it turned heads. This summer is the FR-S/BRZ.

Really? Down here in Toronto (or more specifically, Mississauga), I've seen very few. I've seen more GT-Rs than FR-Ss; though I'm tellin' ya, just wait till that "first year production run" fever goes away, and they'll be just as abundant as Mustangs. Unfortunately...

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

FR-S and BRZ have suspension differences

FR-S has softer ride and stiffer dampening, tendency to oversteer, while the BRZ has the opposite, tendency to understeer, I've seen a bunch of BRZs at the dealership, but ya gotta think about it, if you're gonna buy a Scooby, do you really look for a RWD one?

Elder

Crimmy Sun

FR-S has softer ride and stiffer dampening, tendency to oversteer, while the BRZ has the opposite, tendency to understeer, I've seen a bunch of BRZs at the dealership, but ya gotta think about it, if you're gonna buy a Scooby, do you really look for a RWD one?
Car and Driver reader too eh? I was reading the same article the other day at Midas. emotion_c8

DreadWhore's Other Half

Omnipresent Gekko

Kosai Avonej
Crimmy Sun

Car and Driver reader too eh? I was reading the same article the other day at Midas. emotion_c8

That I am not sir, I read EVO, and occasionally MT, not too big on C&D though, they tend to be somewhat bias most of the time
I would assume they are still in the process of being shipped over here. I can't speak for how popular the BRZ is yet, because I haven't seen any. These cars are beginning to look so much alike, I can't tell anymore.

I can tell you though, that a lot of Subaru fans are waiting for something more... ummm, worthy of that kind of money, I guess?

Enduring Friend

I don't like the BR-Z or FRS much.. I mean.. For 28k I can get a slow 200 HP boxer car that isn't really all "that" attractive and doesn't have much in the way of luxury...

Or, for 4k more I could get a Impreza WRX. 4k isnt much when you consider how much better the WRX is...

I'm just sayin...

3,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
I own an fr (#1467 not that impressive but still pretty cool lol) Yes it does turn heads. One of my biggest reasons for picking it over a mustang gt (really toug decision honestly) was because im a toyota enthusiest. I wish i can see new mr2s in dealers but i cant. I wish i grew up in the era that supras were still being produced but i missed it. I wish i had money whenthe cilicas were new but i didnt. So owning the scion frs i feel like im owning an important part of toyotas future.

One of my friends neighbors recieved their brz (#104 or 102 i forget) its got alot more luxuries than my frs.
I've only seen the BrZ cause there's a suby dealer in my town, we don't have a scion dealer but the owner of the toyota dealer has the new frs.

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I saw the crawford BRZ on the freeway a week ago.
I'm pretty sure it's released.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces