Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Strawberry

So today I found the truck I think want. I didn't take photos today but tomorrow if they are at the shop I plan to take some photos.

So until I get photos it's of course a 60's or later 50's autocar. The interior is a nice almost lime-ish green. I believe they said it had a Cummins 300. It's a single rear axle....it will need a lot of work. But I plan on if I get it to lengthen the frame rails to say an extra ten to fifteen feet to put a dump bed on it as well to make it easily removable for a fifth wheel.

If I don't get it they also have a nice 87 Ken Worth black with chrome the person who owned it must have loved that truck a lot. It is a short hood so probably why it's still sitting at the location...but for my purposes it would be a desirable truck as well.

Oh yah and the Autocar has a 3 and 4 or a 5 and 4 transmission I don't remember exactly which one they stated.

Here is a photo of a similar one until I get photos of the one I'm looking at.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's cool but what do you need it for? Why would you need to supply your own truck for hauling 53"ers?

Ruthless Strawberry

zosh
It's cool but what do you need it for? Why would you need to supply your own truck for hauling 53"ers?
Well mostly a lot of people design and rebuild cars and pick-ups...Sure I like hot rods and pick-ups but during my driving season I drive a 95 Freightshaker and soon a peterbilt...before a 78 International (Snub nose wide cab styled)....and well I decided if I get some help from work to purchase my truck...after the numbers it will run seed for the farm in the summer. Then in the off season it would run odd jobs to pay for it's upkeep and insurance and so fourth. and anything left over is money in the farm. Granted we will have two trucks already by the time I get ahold of mine. But if hauling wheat it would work if we would decide to drive it up to mill. So it in a way does and might not pay exactly for itself.

Also I don't know if it would ever haul a box trailer. maybe a power bin trailer or a lowboy maybe a flatbed Trailer....really the only box trailer I could see is a mill scrap trailer....to haul it to a dairy for feed...
desertpunk
zosh
Well mostly a lot of people design and rebuild cars and pick-ups...Sure I like hot rods and pick-ups but during my driving season I drive a 95 Freightshaker and soon a peterbilt...before a 78 International (Snub nose wide cab styled)....and well I decided if I get some help from work to purchase my truck...after the numbers it will run seed for the farm in the summer. Then in the off season it would run odd jobs to pay for it's upkeep and insurance and so fourth. and anything left over is money in the farm. Granted we will have two trucks already by the time I get ahold of mine. But if hauling wheat it would work if we would decide to drive it up to mill. So it in a way does and might not pay exactly for itself.

Also I don't know if it would ever haul a box trailer. maybe a power bin trailer or a lowboy maybe a flatbed Trailer....really the only box trailer I could see is a mill scrap trailer....to haul it to a dairy for feed...

Oh neat! Sadly I know very little about farm equipment. Any deuce-and-a-halfs in your area?

Ruthless Strawberry

zosh
desertpunk
zosh

Oh neat! Sadly I know very little about farm equipment. Any deuce-and-a-halfs in your area?
Yes a bunch of them. or at least ten in varrying condition. I want one but then when I get a house it would look like a junkyard with all the projects : P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff