Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

User ImageUser Image

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THE TOUCH OF YOUR HAND MAKES MY PULSE REACT
                                              THAT IT'S ONLY THE THRILL OF BOY MEETING GIRL, OPPOSITES ATTRACT

IT'S PHYSICAL, ONLY LOGICAL. YOU MUST TRY TO IGNORE
                                                        THAT IT MEANS MORE THAN THAT

OH WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO, GOT TO DO WITH IT? WHAT'S LOVE BUT A SECOND HAND EMOTION?
                                              WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO, GOT TO DO WITH IT? WHO NEEDS A HEART WHEN A HEART CAN BE BROKEN?

IT MAY SEEM TO YOU THAT I'M ACTING CONFUSED WHEN YOU'RE CLOSE TO ME.
                                              IF I TEND TO LOOK DAZED, I'VE READ IT SOMEPLACE, I'VE GOT CAUSE TO BE.

THERE'S A NAME FOR IT, THERE'S A PHRASE THAT FITS -
                                                        BUT WHATEVER THE REASON, YOU DO IT FOR ME.

I'VE BEEN TAKING ON A NEW DIRECTION.
                                              BUT I HAVE TO SAY, I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT MY OWN PROTECTION.

IT SCARES ME TO FEEL THIS WAY.

WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO, GOT TO DO WITH IT? WHAT'S LOVE BUT A SWEET OLD FASHIONED NOTION?
                                              WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO, GOT TO DO WITH IT?

WHO NEEDS A HEART WHEN
                                                        A HEART CAN BE BROKEN ?

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Tipsy Prophet

THIS IS THE STORY OF LOVE, YES, BUT A DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE.

LOVE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING, THIS IS TRUE. BUT, THERE ARE TIMES WHEN LOVE IS
                                              CRUEL, OVERWHELMING, VICIOUS, AND INESCAPABLE - WHEN IT CAN CONSUME YOU
                                              WHOLE WITH NO REMORSE, DESTROYING ALL YOU HAD EVER KNOWN BEFORE THE DAY
                                              IT GRABBED HOLD OF YOUR HEART. WE DREAM OF THE BEAUTIFUL LOVE BUT FOR
                                              SOME, IT WILL ALWAYS BE A DREAM.

THIS GROUP OF FRIENDS HAS BEEN THROUGH THICK AND THIN TOGETHER. IT'S THE
                                              KIND OF FRIENDSHIP YOU SEE IN TELEVISION SITCOMS AND WITH THE EVERLASTING
                                              LOYALTY OF FRIENDS ONLY FOUND IN MOVIES. THEY MET IN COLLEGE AND WERE ALL
                                              INSEPARABLE IMMEDIATELY. SO, NATURALLY ROMANCE WOULD BLOSSOM, LOVE
                                              BEYOND FRIENDSHIP WOULD GROW, AND THEY WOULD IN THE BEGINNING, IT WAS THE
                                              BEAUTIFUL, FLOWERY LOVE THEY HAD ALWAYS DREAMED OF. THEY DID EVERYTHING AS
                                              IF THE EIGHT OF THEM WERE ONE BEING, AS IF THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE IN THE
                                              WORLD THEY COULD POSSIBLY NEED BEYOND BEING TOGETHER. THOUGH WE ALL WISH
                                              THAT WAS WHERE THE STORY ENDS AND THEY ALL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER
                                              TOGETHER, IT IS NOT TRUE.

AS THEY GREW UP, ENTERED THE REAL WORLD, AND STARTED THEIR LIVES APART IT
                                              ALL BEGAN TO FALL APART. SUCCESS, FAILURE, DEATH, SADNESS, CHILDREN, MONEY,
                                              AND DISTANCE TOOK THEIR TOLLS ON THE GROUP. THEY STILL LOVE EACH OTHER, BUT
                                              THE CRACKS OF THE PORCELAIN THRONE ARE BEGINNING TO SHOW. AS THEY FIGHT TO
                                              STAY WITH THOSE THEY'VE CHOSEN TO LOVE, ALONG WITH KEEP THE THREADS OF THE
                                              GROUP'S FABRIC STRONG, THEY WILL SEE LIFE IS NOT AS EASY AS IT HAD ALWAYS
                                              BEEN. THEY WILL FIGHT, IT IS JUST THE QUESTION OF WHETHER THE BATTLE IS
                                              IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN THAT WILL FOREVER BE CHALLENGING THEM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY, THEY ARE ALL ON A TRIP TOGETHER; NATURALLY, SEEING AS THEY STILL DO
                                              EVERYTHING TOGETHER. THEY ALL CURRENTLY LIVE IN THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF
                                              NEW YORK, NEW YORK - NEVER WANTING TO VENTURE TOO FAR AWAY FROM EACH
                                              OTHER AND THE COLLEGES THEY ALL GREW IN. THEY'VE DECIDED ON A CAMPING TRIP
                                              TO THE FALLS TO ESCAPE THEIR HECTIC DAY TO DAY LIVES AND JUST BE TOGETHER IN
                                              SECLUSION, ENJOYING THE COMPANY OF THEIR CLOSEST FRIENDS. AS THEY TAKE THIS
                                              TRIP, ALL THEY HAVE BEEN AVOIDING AND PRETENDING ISN'T TEARING THEM APART CAN
                                              (AND PROBABLY WILL) SURFACE. WITH THE SUPPORT OF THEIR FRIENDS, THOSE WHO
                                              KNOW ALMOST PRACTICALLY EVERY DETAIL ABOUT EACH OTHER, LET'S JUST HOPE THEY
                                              CAN PULL THE BROKEN PIECES BACK TOGETHER AND EITHER GAIN THE HAPPINESS
                                              THEY ONCE POSSESSED, OR LEARN THAT LETTING GO AND MOVING ON CAN BRING ITS
                                              OWN HAPPINESS.

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

POSTING AND LITERACY ;
                                              as for posting : when posting make them beautiful, but please don't go overboard. to me it is
                                              about the content of your words than your posting appearance. so please, by all means, make it
                                              pretty but i do not want your text to be pushed over so far by images that it only takes up half of
                                              your posting form. if you are getting too crazy or using neon, unreadable colors i may ask you to
                                              change it. so, normally I post at the advanced literate level (click my sample thread below to
                                              understand what i think that means) but i find that advanced literate posting usually only works in
                                              smaller group threads. SO, this will be a LITERATE - ADVANCED level role-play. what that
                                              means to me is meaningful posts that are descriptive and dynamic. i believe this falls in the
                                              8OO-2,5OO word range EVERY post. to me, writer's block should not go below 8OO words. if i
                                              see you going below these marks or creating posts that are not beneficial to the flows of the plot
                                              i will give you one warning, if you continue your previous habits will ask you to leave and remove
                                              you from the role-play. i'll require you post once or twice a week, unless the role-play itself is
                                              going slow then we will just keep pace with the plot - but, most of the time i will assume you will
                                              post two to three times a week. if you are going to be absent for more than five days please
                                              notify me either via message or in the out of character thread. so, i think that's it. continue
                                              reading the rest of my guidelines and good luck!

CHARACTERS ;
                                              all appearances must be human celebrities or models (i suggest http://lookbook.nu for
                                              models), it just keeps it simple. also, i want diversity because beauty is in every shade and
                                              culture. also, on that note, please make your characters unique! i know i've given slight hints at
                                              personalities, but you can take that in a million ways and make extraordinary characters. that
                                              said, i want no 'perfect characters', you should know what i mean by that. these people are in
                                              trouble, something had to go wrong to get them to this point so don't pretend like they are
                                              perfect and their bf/gf did all the terrible s**t. what i’m trying to say is, no mary-sues, no kings,
                                              and no contradictions (don’t say your person is extremely shy and only talk to their closest
                                              friends, then say they always stand up for what they believe in and start punching people in the
                                              face – you can’t have it all!) also, be prepared to plot in the ooc. if i see you are inactive in the
                                              occ I may give you a warning then kick you out. plotting is important to every story, so do it! also,
                                              keep in mind that characters are between the ages of twenty-six - twenty-nine, so use appearances
                                              that are age appropriate.

JOINING ;
                                              so, to put it simply, if you don't follow these guidelines or do not meet the requirements i
                                              have laid out i will not accept you. i won't be a d**k, but i've made it quite clear what i am looking
                                              for so please do not get upset if i respectfully decline your request to join. so, now that that's out
                                              of the way, here we go! to reserve a position, fill out the reserve skeleton found below and private
                                              message it to me with the title ‘love is a battlefield ; position applying for’. i will notify you
                                              shortly after if you are accepted into the thread. at that point i must receive your filled out profile
                                              within forty-eight hours. if it is not received in that time frame with no warning, i will immediately
                                              open your spot. profiles with be made in your own threads so that you can change them as you
                                              see fit – the links to those profiles are in the names under the couple descriptions. the skeletons
                                              for the profile threads are in the link to the profile thread found in the intro post.when complete,
                                              message me the link to the thread with the title of the message ‘first and last name of your
                                              character ; position title’

GENERAL ;
                                              you know the drill. follow the rules laid out by tos. just don't be stupid. Obviously there will
                                              be fighting, maybe a few punches thrown, and sexual advances. time skips are your friends here
                                              – you can get to the point, but I don’t need to know about all the gore or the information about
                                              what gets inserted where. swearing will also occur in this thread but don't let it be every other
                                              word because i just can't handle that s**t. please continue to develop your character and his/her
                                              relationships. if you start getting too silent or too oppressive in the role-play i will give you a
                                              warning and if it happens again i will remove you from the role-play. have fun! be creative and
                                              make it interesting. drama and war = love in this role-play. i suggest more cheating, fighting, and
                                              temporarily splitting up – that will always make this more fun / interesting.

RESERVATION SKELETON ;
                                              [img]appearance; W300 x H80[/img]
                                              [list][list][list][list]
                                              [size=9][b]position applying for ;[/b] position applying for
                                              [b]character name ;[/b] first middle last
                                              [b]character model/celeb name ;[/b] name of model / celeb using for appearance
                                              [b]samples ;[/b] [url=LINK]link to sample thread[/url]

[b]and you can call me ;[/b] what i should call you
                                              [/size]
                                              [/list][/list][/list][/list]

Tipsy Prophet

the passion of volatility ; I HATE HER I HATE HIM
                        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxUser Image

There is more to a relationship than mushy, gushy, unconditional love - and this couple will be more than happy to prove that to you. They know
                    a little bit about " living the rough life ". They both came from broken homes, a pretty run down part of New York that everyone avoids. They both
                    know a lot about hate, death, and a little too much about failure. When they met, very young, they learned that having each other could make it
                    all seem a little less miserable, a little less like some hell hole they were unlucky enough to land in. As they grew older, they grew closer and,
                    eventually, grew together. But, no matter how much you wish this were a happy ending, it is most certainly not. They both are not the most
                    stable, kind, or up-right individuals. Both were taught at a young age that the only way to survive was to fight, and fight hard. They learned that
                    showing emotions was weak, and exploding with anger showed strength and pride. Though it may have kept them alive this far, it also has been
                    slowly tearing them apart year by year. All they do is fight, getting angry at each other at all the little things that used to provide paradise in hell.
                    What once was love has turned violent and resentful. They love each other dearly for what they helped each other through when they were young.
                    But they've both escaped that world and have become successful in their own rights outside of it. Once they left the streets and everything they
                    had known behind they worked hard and leaned on each other for support. But now that they are completely out of the childhoods that haunt
                    them, they've realized that they haven't completely let go yet - they still have each other as a constant reminder. They must find the strength to
                    either fight the demons of their past – the abuse, the poverty, the violence – and learn to love each other again, or walk away. They fight
                    constantly, finding reasons to bring the other down – to show their dominance over the other. They fight hard, though it always ends up in
                    apologies and I love you’s. Neither one wants to let go, but they both know just how powerful and consuming this relationship has become,
                    holding them both back from the freedom they deserve.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI HATE HER ; m ; USERNAME ; first last
                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxI HATE HIM ; f ; PETiiT CHAT NOiiR ; rebecca connor

the inevitable diagnosis ; I'M LETTING GO I'M NOT READY
                        User ImagexxxxUser Image

These two were always considered the golden couple of the group, they truly had that magical, blindingly beautiful love. They would give up the world
                    to see the other happy, to keep the other safe. They have been through a lot together, ever since they locked eyes during medical school orientation,
                    but their love has never faded. Life was perfect for them, they had it all. They had each other, incomes to keep them happy materially, and they both
                    wanted the same things - to never have kids and be amazing doctors. Everything changed dramatically, though, when she was diagnosed with brain
                    cancer. She was forced to take leave from work and focus on her health, to fight. And fight she did. With the help of her strong willed nature and the
                    never ending support of her friends, after two years she had won the fight with her disease. The next year, she was back at work and living her life
                    the way she had been. They were happy again, healthy again. That was, until, three years later, depressingly familiar things began to reoccur – daily
                    seizures, failing strength, and the occasional memory loss. They knew the disease had returned, but they didn't realize just how much fight was left.
                    They were ready to fight, until they learned that the diagnosis was not fightable, it was terminal. She was given three years to live one month ago and
                    since then their lives have never looked as bright and shiny as it once had. He has been in denial of the inevitable loss of her while she has been
                    thinking about all she has already lost. He wants to fight but she, being a doctor herself, knows the effects of fighting terminal disease - how
                    draining, overwhelming, and consuming it is. She doesn't want to live with that. It's not that she wants to give up and not fight to live, it's that she
                    wants to fight for a life she had never realized she had wanted - adventure, children, freedom from a constant work schedule. She quit her job a week
                    ago, telling him of her change of heart. He is still mulling over what is happening – the inevitable loss of his wife, the possibility of a child that could
                    be a part of her for him forever, and wrapping his head around her denial of treatment. They plan to tell everyone on this trip, having been unable to
                    gain the strength to tell them all. To her, she does not think of the end, the pain – she thinks of her strength and drive, and how she can create a
                    better life now, enjoying what she has for as long as she has it. She is extremely up beat about the next three years, while he is completely terrified
                    and extremely angry about it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI'M LETTING GO ; f ; ghetto trash ; aurelia webber
                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxI'M NOT READY ; m ; Smile C I E L ; gavin bishop

the consequences of promiscuity ; I CAN'T FORGIVE I CAN'T FORGET
                        User ImagexxxxUser Image

The downfall of this couple is surely the most straight-forward of them all - he cheated and she won't let him forget it. But, we'll get to that - for now, we will
                    start at the beginning. These two definitely have the most passionate of relationships. They were always the most adventurous. They were always the ones to
                    think of elaborate plans, dance on the bars, and getting caught in many school closets. They fed off of each other and both of their fiery spirits - the both of
                    them simply wanted to live life to the fullest, to fight for adventure, and never slow down. They planned on travelling the world together and a future that never
                    involved settling down. They were madly in love, and extremely open about it all. They had so many plans, so many adventures. But that all changed when they
                    discovered she was pregnant. Neither of them was ready, but they could never allow themselves to let it go. So, they started a family and settled down. They
                    both got well-paying jobs - her an entertainment journalist and him a personal trainer. After the birth of their daughter they were happy. She was healthy, they
                    were healthy, and they still had each other. They tried to travel and adventure, but the pull of raising a child always dragged them back to the reality of the real
                    world. Their daughter, Amelia, is four now and they both absolutely adore her. Amelia is their lives, no one could question that. But, they both in the more
                    recent years have felt that hunger in themselves to adventure, to live, to escape reality. They've begun to fight more, feeling anger for the choices they have
                    made. They would never want a life without Amelia, but part of them will always lust for the carefree, passionate, and lively people that they once were. And,
                    inevitably, one of them succumbed to those lusts. He suddenly found himself in an affair with one of his clients - he doesn't really remember how, it all just
                    suddenly happening so fast. It lasted for about six months - the adventure of hiding, sneaking, and lying became so overwhelmingly addicting he couldn't stop.
                    It was after six months that she found out, coming in to visit him during work and finding he was doing a much different kind of work than expected. She and
                    Amelia lived with her parents for the next six months, trying to figure out what to do. Ultimately, they decided what would be best for Amelia - for them to
                    move forward, take therapy, and be together. They've tried to spice things up, and make time for the two of them to adventure. Though it has been working,
                    allowing them both to escape from real life and to find each other again, the memories of the past have not completely left them untainted. Her parents keep
                    pushing her to leave him, she can't get the image of him and that woman out of his mind, and he feels so unbelievably ashamed he is afraid to say anything
                    wrong to her again, in fear of her leaving him again. They both still love each other dearly, but there is so much fighting against them - she can't forgive, and
                    neither of them feels that fire, that comfort with one another that they once possessed. They once were carefree and lively, now everything is a battle and
                    simply getting out of bed is what keeps them rolling. It could work; if she can ever find the strength to whole-heartedly forgive him and he can allow himself to
                    be forgiven, not letting his fear of losing her and Amelia get in the way to allow him to feel comfortable with his fiancée again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI CAN'T FORGIVE ; f ; kay optimistic ; genevieve damming
                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxI CAN'T FORGET ; m ; D i n o - M o ; milo frey

the mismatched puzzle ; I'VE GONE FISHING I'M WORKING HARDER
                        User ImagexxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

These two could not be more opposite. She is an extremely driven person; scheduling ever second of every day, working until her hands bleed,
                    arguing until she wins (even if she should have lost). He, on the other hand, is completely happy relaxing his life away; camping with no cell service,
                    skipping work to stay in bed all day, spending all his time on the couch reading his life away. He wrote a book after college that became extremely
                    popular, they even made a movie about it that was a hit. He still makes money on all of it, and he worked extremely hard for it. But now that it's
                    slowing down, he's taking advantage of it. Though he is supposed to be writing the sequel right now, he hasn't even written a single page. He'd
                    rather not, he'd rather lay around and relax, swimming in his past fame. He doesn't want to work, he doesn't have to - for now. She, though, wouldn't
                    stop reaching for more even if she had reached the end of the road. She will never give up, and she has known nothing but success because of it. She
                    is a very successful lawyer, with a personality that can charm a crowd and smarts that could kill (if it wasn't illegal). All she knows is work, it is what
                    keeps her moving. Setting her phone down is one of her biggest challenges, moving and planning every second of her life since she was born. She
                    grew up in a family that had an income far below the median - she learned that working hard and never giving up was the only way to succeed. That
                    is exactly as she has done. As for him, his family is quite rich and has always lived off of their money his entire life – until he earned his own success
                    through his book. He has since, though, returned to his own ways and returned to the lap of unaccounted luxury - it drives her crazy, just as much as
                    her unceasing drive bothers him. They once loved each other for their opposites. She found that he could slow her, bring her back to a world that
                    wasn't moving at lightening speed. He found that she could help him push himself, strive to make himself better. As they get older, she gets more
                    driven to be the best, and he gets better at fishing their goals begin to be moving farther apart and they are beginning to see each other for what
                    they are - their complete opposite.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxI'VE GONE FISHING ; m ; the steel stringbean ; braden laubach
                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxI'M WORKING HARDER ; f ; WonderSqueaks ; terri mueller

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

I HATE HER ;
                                      [ she's tough, she needs to let go of the past, she won't let him in ]

dating i hate him
                                closest to i can't forget
                                cheated with i'm working harder

I HATE HIM ;
                                      [ he's tough, he needs to let go of the past, he won't let her in ]

dating i hate her
                                closest to i'm working harder

I'M LETTING GO ;
                                      [ she's dying, she's ready to die ]

married to i'm not ready
                                closest to i can't forgive

I'M NOT READY ;
                                      [ he can't let her go or face the future, he's angry ]

married to i'm letting go
                                closest to i've gone fishing
                                once dated i can't forgive

I CAN'T FORGIVE ;
                                      [ she can't forgive him for what he did, she won't let him forget it ]

engaged to i can't forget
                                closest to i'm letting go
                                once dated i'm not ready

I CAN'T FORGET ;
                                      [ he can't forgive himself for what he did, he's being too careful ]

engaged to i can't forgive
                                closest to i hate her

I'VE GONE FISHING ;
                                      [ he's not driving himself to go further, he's content where he is ]

dating i'm working harder
                                closest to i'm not ready

I'M WORKING HARDER ;
                                      [ she's will never stop striving to be better, she always wants more ]

dating i've gone fishing
                                closest to i hate him
                                cheated with i hate her

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

DAY AND TIME ;

tuesday, july fifteenth - two thousand fourteenth
                                              approximately ; ten fifty am pm

VACATION DAYS ;

monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday sunday

WHERE ART THOU ;

they have all been at the campsite for a day, having arrived on monday. they set up all their
                                              tents and unloaded cars yesterday, so today they are pretty much settled. they are all starting
                                              to clean up from breakfast and get ready for a day of hiking to the falls, roughly a six hour hike
                                              there and back. they aren't planning on leaving until later in the afternoon, after i can't forget
                                              finally gets in, since he's at home settling in his daughter, amelia.

noah+rebecca ; not at the campsite, i'd assume off fighting somewhere - where else would they be?
                                              genevieve+milo ; they had last minute issues with the babysitter so he hung back until
                                              his mom could take over and came separately, he should be here within the hour.
                                              gavin+andrea ; at the campsite, doing who knows what
                                              terri+braden ; at the campsite, doing who knows what

THE FALLS CAMPGROUND ;

Falls, Colorado is one of the favorite vacation destinations of young adults, seeking a trip away
                                              from the hectic world of their daily lives. Boasting some of the largest waterfalls in the country,
                                              Falls is a very appropriate name. The Falls Campground has multiple waterfall locations, but the
                                              largest of them all ( dubbed "Thee Falls" ) is the most famous. With its seclusion and immersive
                                              focus, many adults find the adventure found within these trees majestic, beautiful, and
                                              reinvigorating. Campers are commonly far away from civilization and other campsites, allowing
                                              for complete privacy and complete immersion into nature. Commonly, only other campers are
                                              spotted along the river or at the larger waterfalls. It is a place for peace, relaxation, and
                                              meditation. With far stretching forests and beautifully sweeping mountains, it is one of the most
                                              beautiful campsite in the world. We hope you enjoy your stay, and find all you were looking for
                                              here in the luxury of the nature that surrounds you. Enjoy! x x x x - The Fall Staff.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tipsy Prophet

ANNOUNCEMENTS

JUNE 23 | 4:00 PM CDT ;
                                        thread officially open!!

Tipsy Prophet

derp. reserved.

Tipsy Prophet

closed. OPEN!

Tipsy Prophet

derp. bump.

Tipsy Prophet

derp. bump.