Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

ooc profiles still accepting
User Image

wan • der • lust
                            noun
                            1. a strong desire to travel

Wanderlust Wagon, a cross country touring company, is on its sixth year with five successful years behind them. Each year has gotten bigger and better, with more people on board and more sights to see. The company was started by five college graduates who decided to combine their expertise to fulfill their own wanderlust and create a touring company that would give others the same opportunity. The original "Wanderlust Wagon" was a big, white van...then there were two vans...but this year, their profits earned them an official tour bus! The bus will better accommodate people in matters of space and comfort, as well as make room for more people. After all, this is their biggest year yet, and they have a great trip planned.

This year, they're taking people on a round-trip cross country tour. Some of the highlights include seeing the Great Lakes, New Orleans, the Rockies, Zion, the San Francisco coastline, the Grand Canyon, and the Great Plains. There will be nights when everyone will be spending a night or nights at a hotel or hostel and other nights camping. A typical tour is a month and a half long. For the first time, the tour will be all summer, the start of June to the start of September. This will give their travelers more time to explore and chances to choose their activities and other places to visit outside the set itinerary. Wanderlust Wagon has even hired new crew members in order to make sure this tour is successful! The tour welcomes all ages, families, couples, and solo travelers (you'll make friends, no problem) from all walks of life. Join them for an adventure of a lifetime!
User Image

GENERAL Follow Gaia's ToS. Keep it classy and be mature about it. Time skips are great things. Cursing is allowed but it's not necessary to have it every other few words. The OOC thread was created for us to plot and chat. Share your ideas, what you'd like to do, what places you want to see, etc. Please contribute as much as you can! If you need to drop, please PM me and give everyone a heads up in the OOC. I'm very understanding, and I'd hope everyone else would be too. Respect other roleplayers. Don't exclude anyone, please. Tension amongst the characters is perfectly fine, but I'd hate for that to be amongst roleplayers. Be nice!

POSTING Back pocket phrase: "Quality over quantity." Two paragraphs at a minimum and avoid writing novels. Write as much as you can, but please don't force it. Write what's necessary and appropriate while still moving the roleplay along. Post frequency is not a huge deal to me. I understand that some of us can become very busy while others may have more time to post. Please post at least once a week. We need your help to keep the roleplay going! Let us know in the OOC if something comes up. Pretty posts are nice. Do what you'd like as long as you have a picture of your character and his or her name, but make sure we can read your posts!

CHARACTERS You're allowed as many characters as you'd like as long as you keep up with 'em! Because this is more about the adventure 'n all, I don't really have a set restriction on the number of males and females. Romance is totally cool, but please don't make it the center of the role play. Take your time with romance too. Develop all of your relationships, romantic or not. Yes, don't forget about building friendships! Characters should be 12+ of age. After all, families can be on board. You can play a pre-teen or fifty-year-old if you so desire. As I said, it's about the adventure for the characters. Variety is wonderful. The founders of Wanderlust Wagon should be in the 26-30 age range. New crew members of Wanderlust Wagon should be 18+. Your characters' sexuality and ethnicity is completely up to you. Most importantly, character development! Give your characters strengths and weaknesses, quirks and habits.

RESERVING Please PM me an image of your character that's at least 350x350, so I can edit it into a Polaroid picture for the character posts below, as well as the character's first name (or nickname) and if you're wanting a specific role on the Wanderlust Wagon crew. Title the PM with either "wanderlust wagon crew" or "fellow adventurer," so I know who's comin' my way. After, start working on your character's profile. The link to the profile thread is in the first post, and the profile code will be inside. Post the profile as soon as you can! I'll let you know when we'll start after there is a sufficient number of people to do so.

MISCELLANEOUS Guidelines may change. The itinerary will change when more of your ideas come in. Let's live vicariously through our characters and visit as many places as we can, haha. There will be a lot of free time for travelers, and if you have a place you want to visit, make sure it's somewhat nearby, like along the way. Think of this like a real roadtrip. We don't want to take a four hour detour. Remember, this is going to be a team effort. I'm so excited to work with you! Thank you!
User Image
* clicking on picture will lead to character profile

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image
User Image
* clicking on picture will lead to character profile

User Image
* based on this tour

User Image

weekly itinerary * subject to change and not at all strict
                            Friday, June 3
                            10:00am — depart from NYC
                            1:00pm — arrive in downtown Harrisburg, PA (the capital) for lunch and free time
                            * staying at a hotel

Saturday, June 4
                            9:00am — depart from Harrisburg, PA
                            Noon — arrive in Allegheny, PA for lunch
                            2:00pm — depart
                            3:00pm — arrive at Allegheny National Forest Campground, set up camp
                            5:00pm — some free time to relax, visit the rivers and lakes, quick hikes, etc.
                            8:00pm — campfire time, dinner, sleep

Sunday, June 5
                            day open for swimming, kayaking, hiking, exploring the Alleghenies (part of Appalachian Mts.)
                            * bus driver will take a group of people who want to go into town @ 10:00am
                            * camping

Monday, June 6
                            day open for swimming, kayaking, hiking, exploring the Alleghenies
                            * bus driver will take a group of people who want to go into town @ 10:00am
                            * camping

Tuesday, June 7
                            11:00am — depart from ANF Campground
                            2:00pm — arrive at Niagara Falls, NY for lunch and free time
                            * bus driver will take a group of people to the waterfalls @ 3:00pm (sightseeing, boat rides, caves, etc.)
                            * staying at a hotel

Wednesday, June 8
                            day open for free time
                            * bus driver will take a group of people to the waterfalls @ 10:00am (sightseeing, boat rides, caves, etc.)
                            * staying at hotel

Thursday, June 9
                            10:00am — depart from Niagara Falls, NY
                            2:00pm — arrive at Camp Sandusky (on Lake Erie) in Sandusky, OH to set up camp
                            rest of day open to hang around camp, go to the beach
                            * bus driver will take a group into town @ 4:00pm
                            * camping

Friday, June 10
                            day open for free time
                            * bus driver will take a group into town @ 4:00pm
                            * camping
User Image

real time
                              12/23/14 Main, OOC, and profile thread was created. Accepting reservations. Not open for posting yet.

roleplay time
                              Friday, June 3 8:00am clear skies, 65 °F NY bus station headquarters
                              Tour bus is parked in parking lot of city's bus station headquarters
                              Wanderlust Wagon crew is preparing for 10:00am departure
                              Travelers are trickling in, crew is introducing themselves, packing bus
                              Crew has provided coffee, water, lemonade, and breakfast pastries for the wait

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff