yes 0.61904761904762 61.9% [ 13 ]
no 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
pixel money 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]

Noob

User Image
xxxxxxx
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
i. marcellust xxx ii. advanced literate xxx iii. honey carousel xxx iv. fantasy, adventure xxx v. accepting applications

Noob

User Image
                                  xxxxxxx⋆` so glideaway with soapy heels
                                  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░ and-prom⇣ise not to promise anymore ײ;
                                  xxx▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ✖✖ ▆▆▆
                                  the sky looks pissed; the wind talks back
                                  MY BONES ARE SHIFTING IN MY SKIN XXXXXXX AND YOU MY LOVE ARE GONE XXXXXXX MY BONES ARE SHIFTING IN MY SKIN XXXXXXX AND YOU MY LOVE ARE GONE
                                  MY BONES ARE SHIFTING IN MY SKIN XXXXXXX AND YOU MY LOVE ARE GONE XXXXXXX MY BONES ARE SHIFTING IN MY SKIN XXXXXXX AND YOU MY LOVE ARE GONE

❶. xx ❷. xx ❸. xxxx theniwilltakethechainfromoffthedoortheniwilltakethechainfromoffthedoor
                                  xx ⋮❝ AND IF YOU COME AROUND AGAIN

Hidden deep within the woods of a thick forest was a coven of good witches, who secretly helped people for as much as they could, with good fortune, bountiful harvests, and calm weathers. Of course, they lived among the humans in a nearby town, who were grateful for their state of living not to the witches, but to their deities. The coven was content with this, and continued helping those who were in need. The town flourished into a kingdom, after centuries with the coven's help. One day, a group of human hunters ventured deep into the forest, and bore witness of witchcraft and the witches as well. With bows and arrows and machetes, the hunters ransacked the coven's hideout and tried to purify them from the Devil's clutches. The witches fought bravely and valiantly, and even then, they only used defensive spells to prevent hurting the humans, but they were eventually outnumbered and overpowered. Some who were still able ran for their lives, while those who were unfortunate were imprisoned, and later, charred on a stake. The coven didn't bear no ill will for the humans' ignorance, but they stopped helping in turn. Since then, witches were hunted throughout the kingdom, and those who were accused and caught were immediately burned in the stake without trial. The witches hid their magical abilities far away, and lived like regular humans. Without magic, there was nothing. The coven decided to stop the use of magic, for even secrecy wasn't enough. The magical folk ceased witchcraft, and lived normally with the humans. They were quiet, and married humans, and lived their lives as trophy wives, working fathers, and playful siblings. The coven was not abandoned, however. It was just buried.

The kingdom fell to despair: there came the plague, there came wars, there came genocides. It got hotter; there was less food for people; there was chaos and anarchy; crime was rampant and deaths were on the rise. The king and his trusted councilors were unable to do anything. They tried planting a lot of food, but they only made the soil useless and barren. They tried making more money, but inflation erupted. They were useless. The kingdom rotted away, to rubble and to dust, until the good witches stepped in and decided that what the humans have suffered was enough. The new generations returned to their ancestors' grotto and began incantations and spells. They brought back serenity, and good harvest, and everything their ancestors gave to the humans. The land prospered, and the soils were fertile again. The skies rained and cleansed man's sins to the world. It was as if the world was reborn anew, like a phoenix arising from its ashes. The kingdom rejoiced, and once more the king and his subjects restored their faith to whatever they believed in. Was the coven still content with this anonymous benefactors, though? No, they decided. Well, some of them, anyway. They thought the anonymity must cease.

Conflict between the members of the coven arose, which ultimately led to its separation: two groups were formed after two different ideas were wanted to be implemented. Mantra was formed by members of the coven who wanted to unmask their identity and bask in the people's adulation. They have helped the people enough for them to have some gratitude in their hearts, and acceptance for the supernatural. Nothing's wrong if they took the glory of their praise, right? Mantra was determined. It was time for them to show their faces and plunge the world into the face of truth. No, they did not intend global domination. All they wanted was acceptance, and gratitude, and to live in harmony with non-magical folk. They wanted to freely conduct witchcraft in public, and the thought of humans helping them with incantations and powerful spells would be majestic! With humans and witches hand in hand, who knows what they could achieve? Who knows what the future might hold? The possibilities were endless!

The second group, Coetus Occulti, argued otherwise. They claimed that the humans will not treat them any better like how they treated their ancestors when seen doing the "Devil's work". The group was by no means resentful towards the humans; they just didn't want a big change in their lifestyle. Why change a 2000 year old style of living? The coven was better off in secret, like they always have, for the past centuries, and that shouldn't change. What if the humans will not like the supernaturals? What if they can't accept the fact that they're not the only things that exists in the world, and that there are others, who were, to an extent, better than them? The group didn't want to create an uproar; they didn't want to destroy and ruin what their great ancestors built. There could be war between the humans and the magical folk; and the group could not live their lives knowing that they've desecrated the very thing their ancestors sought to protect: life itself.

Many witches were confounded by the groups, as they both had benevolent intentions, and both did make very good arguments. The coven had become a large one after centuries, some pure and some half. Not all of them wanted to wage a political war against each other, but ultimately, all of the members in the coven had to choose a side. With Mantra, who wants to assimilate and integrate themselves into human publicity? Or with Coetus Occulti, who wants to stay hidden away from probable danger? Afflicted by strife and blinded by intolerance, the witches broke into a civil war...a war that requires an only victor, and the other, an unwilling follower. Change or peace: which will triumph?

Two thousand years later, the war still waged on without any sign of relent from any side. The kingdom slowly eroded and became a small town, with practically the two covens of witches and a small group of humans who survived the two-thousand year war. Humans claimed to have founded the town, but all the witches knew better. It was their battleground, and all those who choose to live within them must prepare for the worst.

Noob

User Image

❶. xx ❷. xx ❸. xxxx theniwilltakethechainfromoffthedoortheniwilltakethechainfromoffthedoor

• Following the Gaia ToS is mandatory not only for this roleplay, but for all the roleplays you've joined and will join in the future.

• Stop being a b***h and relieve yourself of God complex. Nobody is the god/goddess of this roleplay. I am the humble owner indeed, but that doesn't mean s**t. If you join this roleplay, that means you're taking a slice of the responsibility cake.

• Drama is by all means accepted and encouraged in the IC. That's the only place where drama will exist. If you bring drama in the OOC, don't. Don't create drama with your fellow roleplayers outside of character plotting.

• Mary Sue and Gary Stu are not welcomed here. Don't give me bullshit characters. I will reject your character if I perceive them as perfect flawless bitches.

• Plotting is the heart of this roleplay, and should be for every roleplay. Please plot with others to ensure character development/growth!

• Different races, colors, ethnicities, everything. I am tired of seeing sixteen straight characters and one gay character in a roleplay, or vice-versa. Every roleplay needs variety.

• This is an advanced literate roleplay. This roleplay requires a certain degree of literacy that allows you to perfect your grammar, correct spelling typos, and make sure you're not writing a bunch of fragments and run-ons.

• Again, this is an advanced literate roleplay: a minimum of at least 800 words are required for this bad boy to function. Writing novels are fun and acceptable, but purple prose is frowned upon.

• One post a week is required, more is welcomed. Please do not use blinding colors in your post, and a pretty layout is not necessary. A simple picture, a name and your character's role is perfectly fine.

• Character ages should vary. People of different ages and sizes make the circus more fun.

• Keep it pg-13. Making out, hugging, french kissing, whatever. But when the clothes come off and the thing comes in, timeskip it. This requires you to withstand gore, blood and violence, because eventually, someone will beat someone up in the IC.

• This roleplay's continuity and longevity rests upon your hands. If you have a hectic schedule, or you know that you will have a hectic schedule soon, and may not be able to take on this roleplay as another one in your list of responsibilities, do not join.

• Roleplay inactivity within three days will result in a warning through a pm. The second pm you'll receive will be leather boots. Finishing your profile is not easy; thus, you have one week from the day you are accepted.

• If you made it this far, props to you. Simply fill out an application form and post it in the apps thread, not in the ooc thread. Please do not pm them to me, or post them in the ooc. Post them in the apps thread. If you have any questions or if somehow something confuses me, quote me in the ooc or shoot me a pm. After being accepted, you have one week to finish your character's profile. If you need any more time in completing it, say it in the ooc or pm me.

• This is a roleplay that features a competitive application system, just like in the old days where you have to compete for a spot, and is not a practical roleplay where owners accept applications as they see fit. There are is a limited number for the roles, which means whoever applied for that role that is most qualified will receive the spot. This is not a first come, first serve roleplay; excel in your apps, for that will be your only way of getting in, and nothing else.

• If you would like to waste more time reading rants and rules, click here.

Noob

User Image

Mantra is the first group that was formed after the previous coven was split into half; it is composed of witches who desire change, the one and only thing that is constant in the world. They believe that embracing change means progress, and even though it might be difficult to cope at first, it is always a guarantee of a bright future. They want to live freely, and use magic freely in the open; they want to associate humans into witchcraft, and ask for their help to create a better tomorrow. Mantra will not falter, even if it meant crushing their sister coven under foot. Their main goal is to trample Coetus Occulti with her rotten, rudimentary beliefs and then allow the humans to bear witness of Mantra's true strength.

User Image
                                  xx♔*╮cherish those who seek the truth, but beware those who find it.)⇡
                                  ░░░░░ ━ wilmington, percival bunnyf thirty-five bunnyf head witchbunnyf marc from state farm

Percival is the leader of Mantra, the greatest and, so far, the most righteous coven among all of the covens that exist, even though presently, there are only two covens in the land. He might be really young to be considered a leader, and even younger to be considered the patriarch of the coven, but damned if he won't prove his worth to you by blasting you to smithereens and make flowers grow out of your dust. He is the last son of the last descendant of the first leader of Mantra, which gives him full right (and burden, as well) to lead a coven to ascendance, and trample Coetus Occulti underfoot. All those naysayers about him failing and not fulfilling Mantra's destiny can just suck it. He doesn't like to be doubted with any of his things, such as his skills, his intelligence, his sexual endurance, and those who do, once he find out that they do, of course, would not see the light of day ever again. They either turn to dust or to a little fish fit for sushi, depending on his mood at the time of discovery about their treachery. Some say he leads the coven with an iron fist, and some also argue that he leads them too loosely, but to Percival, these rumors are nothing but what they are: rumors. He leads with a kind heart, always putting the members of his coven first before himself, as good leaders do. Who's Percival Wilmington? Well, it's me, and I'm pissed at those who think I can't win this war. I will show them, regardless of which coven they stand with, how I will transcend to something even intellectual beings (that's us, the witches) can only dream to comprehend. This war will end in my lifetime, with me on top of everything else.

- s-i-c witch
                                  - strategist
                                  - c.o. spy

Noob

User Image

Coetus Occulti is the second group formed in response to the formation of Mantra. The group is the embodiment of what their ancestors wanted the coven to be: helpful, kind, and most importantly, a secret. They did not wish for change. They thought that revealing the magical community to humankind would be blasphemy to their ancestors, and that it will bring nothing but pain, more misunderstanding, and war. They wanted peace; the group wanted to help the humans in secret, and wished nothing in return. Coetus Occulti did not favor a civil war, but in the end, they believed that peace must prevail, no matter the cost.

- head witch
                                  - adviser
                                  - secretary
                                  - mantra spy

Noob

User Image

Vue d'ensemble de la villa

User Image

Claimed to be founded in the Baroque period by Sir John Winchester Sr. of Exeter, the town resembles a
                                  colorful movement of power and shapes, a style of art that can be easily defined as drama, ostentation
                                  and exuberance. In 1619, SS Queen Victoria mightily sailed into the open waters of the world, almost 200
                                  years after Columbus' voyage, and Sir John of Exeter, who was a young marine lieutenant of the Queen's
                                  army back then, was left responsible for the ship when the Captain and the First Mate mysteriously
                                  disappeared. He led the crew into an unknown land, and having no clue how to contact the Empire, he and
                                  his crew decided it was best to settle to wherever they were. They were aided by natives who resided nearby.
                                  Both groups coexisted in peace, and some natives even married some of the Englishmen. Being the new
                                  proclaimed leader of the crew of SS Victoria, Sir John was elected as the town's chief, whose name, to
                                  the records, were lost and irretrievable. The town prospered, and it attracted people...along with other things.

Eglise de Saint-Meran

User Image

Saint-Meran's Church was constructed by Sir John's orders, ten years after his and his crew's settlement,
                                  as homage to God's providence over them. As a big "thank you", he decided that the church be built the
                                  rarest and finest materials in His honor. It was made of purely of limestone, which were found abundant
                                  in the valley only four miles away from the town. After its construction, the church was sanctuary to those
                                  who were homeless, to those who were lost, and to those who weren't able to find sufficient food for the night.
                                  It held masses every day, although, it didn't collect any taxes or sold Indulgences. It was an amiable
                                  church, until its first deacon, Fr. Hurston McKinley of Cambridge, passed away. After his burial, the church
                                  was taken over by corrupt officials, collecting absurd taxes and forcefully selling insane amounts of Indulgences.
                                  Churchgoers refused such monetary actions, and were, to an extent, ex-communicated. After 50 years of not
                                  having any parishioners, the church was abandoned and forgotten. It now remains a ruin, an a creepy one at that.

Ville salle à manger

User Image

The town's diner is the newest, most modern building in town, built in 1994 by the Winchesters, as a sign
                                  of the town blooming and business is expanding. In the diner, who is managed by a distant relative of the
                                  Winchester's. They serve not only diner food, but French and Italian delicacies, such as Shrimp Linguine and
                                  Boeuf Bourguignon, and although it's not officially a bar, it also serves alcoholic beverages, but not ones that
                                  could Mr. Liu's underground bar. The diner serves breakfast until 10:30 am, lunch until 3:30 pm, and dinner until
                                  9:30 pm. It opens at 7:00 am, and serves a free cup of coffee for purchases over $10.00 and closes at 10:00 pm.

Maison du Governeur

User Image

The mayor's house was not really ostentatious and extravagant as it is now. Built for Sir John by Sir John,
                                  it was only designed to house him and his family, and nothing more. It was a cabin lodge, which then
                                  became a deck house, then manor, then became a mansion. Many renovations were required (out of
                                  the taxpayers' dollars, of course) for the mayor's convenience, which didn't bother the townsfolk at all.
                                  They loved the mayor, and they thought that it was only right to pay for his house. In return, the mayor,
                                  whichever Winchester was alive to be one, any way, was a benevolent, just mayor, who housed gatherings
                                  and parties in the mansion annually, just days before the town's anniversary.

Célèbre maison du lac

User Image

The famous lakehouse in town was created for the new tourists that arrive yearly. It offers many commodities
                                  the rest of the town lack, such as a jacuzzi, a sauna, and a lake with no monsters living under it. Usually,
                                  the tourists stay at the Mermaid Inn for at least two days after their arrival to town, and after, it is their
                                  decision whether or not they want to stay at the Inn. However, it is highly suggested and appreciated
                                  that the lakehouse stay the same after the tourists leave (if they can) town and return to their lives, meaning,
                                  the lakehouse must remain in perfect condition, and broken chinas will be charged to the tourists' credit cards.

Place de la ville

User Image

As all towns have, this one had a square, where most people would just take a quiet stroll, chitchat with neighbors
                                  and enjoy the day under the sun. But this town's square wasn't always a town square; it was first a cemetery for
                                  apparent witches who were burned on a stake like a steak. Yes, the town also had its own witch scare, which propelled
                                  it into dark times. Scared, the townspeople began the witch hunt, accusing everyone who looked different or acted
                                  different. Homosexuals, mentally impaired and physically deformed persons were burned by huge numbers, and having
                                  no proper place for body disposal, the townsfolk decided to just dump the bodies in the center of the town to remind all
                                  those "witches" never to come to town ever again. Decades passed and the bodies decayed, with flowers blooming on
                                  top of the ground. It was soon renovated and reconstructed by Alphonse Winchester, the 19th mayor in the Winchester
                                  clan, and was turned into a beautiful town square in 1855. Enjoy your stroll, knowing that you're stepping on dead people's
                                  bodies and torturing their beautiful souls, you assholes.

Auberge de la ville locale

User Image

The local town inn, namely Mermaid Inn, had quite a disturbing past. It was at first a gentleman's club, in
                                  1887, for the pleasure and entertainment of the hardworking, industrious, never monstrous fathers
                                  of the family. It stayed a gentleman's club for so long, until the Prohibition kicked in. It became a speakeasy
                                  underground, and a brothel above. Although, there wasn't any police regulations, so having it secretly a
                                  speakeasy was a waste of time. After the Prohibition was lifted, the Inn was quiet and peaceful doing its
                                  business, until a murder happened in the second floor, room 19. It was a brutal one, as the victim,
                                  Charles Robertson, 26, was eviscerated, and the room was covered in blood. The officials covered
                                  the incident, and cleaned it quickly before the new tourists arrived. Literally two months after the incident,
                                  all five tourists who visited were murdered the same way Robertson was killed: naked, eviscerated
                                  and covered in blood. One tourist was missing a head, but again, the officials covered the heinous
                                  crime. It now houses the newest tourists in town. One can simply wonder: will history repeat itself?

La Mairie

User Image

The Town Hall, built at around 1743, was primarily composed of wood, mud, stone and clay. It wasn't a very big
                                  hall, it was only meant to be the office of the current towne official, which was, by the way, long after Sir John's lifetime.
                                  By then, it was already his great grandson Maximillien Winchester III that governed the town into blossoming. Felt that
                                  there must be an official "quarter" for the elect governor, Maximillien designed an office to house all the paperwork that
                                  was required for such office. The villagers were somewhat hesitant at first, thinking that it was too much work, costed
                                  too much money and required too much effort, but soon after Maximillien explained that it was necessary to do so for
                                  the office to function properly. The town agreed, and thus began constructing the town hall. It took three years and
                                  seven months to fully finish the hall, and by then, Maximillien III was long in peace, and it was his son who basked in his
                                  father's glorious ideas. Maximillien IV was the governor of the town, and with that, he was satisfied with his petite throne.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff