Welcome to Gaia! ::

People count!

joining. 0.39130434782609 39.1% [ 9 ]
not joining. 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
thinking about it. 0.52173913043478 52.2% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
1 2 >

- back to { NARNIA }xxxxxxxxxxxUser Imagexxxx
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An original by xx Forever Rain.
                                                            Based on The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
                                                            A literate roleplay.
                                                            Do not steal. Ask me and I may give you permission.
                                                            Currently under construction and accepting.
                                                            Out of character thread is here.
x
- { STORY TIME }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It started for all of us with the books by C.S. Lewis. Like many fantasy writers, he created an entire world; a beautiful world with trees that are alive and animals that can talk. With icy winters and green springs; with mermaids and centaurs and almost any sort of creature you can think of. Where all creatures get along and everything is peaceful... usually. When any evil villain threatens the land, everything suddenly becomes much more exciting. Sometimes the great Aslan comes to visit: Aslan the lion, ruler of Narnia and surrounding lands; the almighty Aslan who could defeat any enemy with a single roar. But sometimes Aslan decides to mix things up a little - not for his own entertainment of course, but he sees the bigger picture, long-term benefits for both the land of Narnia, and the heroes he is going to introduce.The first visitors were Diggory Kirk and Polly Plumber, who witnessed the creation of the entire world. Next were the Pevensie children; the most well-known in our world. These four were the first human kings and queens of the land, and ruled Narnia through its Golden Age. Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole were the last two visitors that C.S. Lewis wrote about, but there were more.

"What?" you say.. "What do you mean there were more? This is fantasy. Narnia only existed in C.S. Lewis' books." Well with that you are wrong, my friend, very wrong. Since the '50s there have been many more visitors to Narnia, all getting there one way or another, at Aslan's will. Narnia's time goes much faster than ours, as anyone should know. Three years in our world was equal to thousands in Narnia, so how evolved must their world be now? The truth is, humans have almost completely died out in Narnia, and the creatures have gone back to much what they were in the Golden Age. The surroundings, however, are very different. In between two mountains, exactly where the White Witch's castle used to be, there is a small city. Buildings, roads, pollution, it's all there, like our horrible world today. The country-side of Narnia is streaked with roads as well, although the 'cars' are very different to ours. Human-like animals have taken over; centaurs, fauns, mermaids, nymphs, etc. Animals are not quite being exploited like in our world, but they are looked down on by the more 'sophisticated' species. While this evolution may horrify many of us, over there it is just ordinary Narnia, nobody but Aslan has been there long enough to know what it used to be like. Not exactly an evil villain, these changes didn't seem like a very good reason to bring humans in to corrupt the world even further, but finally Aslan saw reason, and sent for 8 sons of Adam and daughters of Eve.

This is where you come in. It was at a school camp where a group of 8 high school campers decided to go for a swim in the lake. Planning on ditching activities for the day, they weren't in their bathers, but that didn't matter at all, they were all a bit tipsy from the alcohol that had been snuck in by one of the campers. Some of them stripped down to their underwear, some of them stayed fully clothed. Once they were ready, they made sure there were no teachers or camp staff around then ran down the pier, cannon-balling straight in to the cool blue waters. Little did they know though, that this lake was the portal through which they would be taken all the way out of their world. When they surfaced after a few seconds, they rubbed the water out of their eyes and giggled, beginning to splash each other, until one of them actually looked at their surroundings, and the rest did the same. No longer in a large lake, they were now swimming in a smaller pond, in the middle of a forest, littered with leaves and white topped mountains in the distance. A pink sunset showed itself on the horizon, and the 8 teens could not have been more confused.

They climbed out of the pond, not at all bothered by the fact that they weren't even fully clothed, and began exploring. It took hours, but the unbelievable truth dawned on them when one, a particular Narnia fan, spotted a flickering lamp post, and remembered the stories that she had read when she was younger. "I know this probably sounds ridiculous..." she began, and as she explained, the teens began to see that what she was saying made sense. Somehow they had dived in to a fantasy world, one that they had never even considered to have actually existed. The next part is up to you. When the alcohol wears off, will the teenagers still believe the truth? What happens when the magical creatures start to reveal themselves? How will the humans react when they see Narnia evolved and modern? How will the magical creatures react when they see real life Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve? Will friendship, crushes, or even romance blossom between humans or creatures? Well, my fellow roleplayers, this part is up to you.

x
x
- { RULES }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know you don't want to read a long rules post, because you want to make sure you get that spot you've got your eye on. Am I right? Well I'll try to keep this as short as possible, just for you. This roleplay is literate. Do not post more than once a day, or less than once a week. There must be at least three long paragraphs, and the text must be in size 9-10. Use the [list] function, please! I have put a lot of effort into this roleplay, and I really don't want it to die straight away, so please stay active in the OOC until it opens, and while you're waiting for people to post. If you want somebody you're interacting with to post, PM them! Don't let me do all the annoying, I know you love this roleplay as much as I do. If nobody is interacting with your character, walk the hell up to someone and say hi. Don't get all impatient and emo on me. If you created a Mary-Sue character that everybody hates, that's your fault.

The OOC is there for a reason - use it! All of the human characters know each other at the start, and they've had previous/current relationships. There are best friends and rivals, and all the normal teenage stuff. You should know how to do all this by now, but organise relationships amongst yourselves! Oh, and most of the Narnian characters should know each other, or at least know of each other. Human characters can be ages 16-19, and Narnian characters can be what ever age you would like. Now when choosing your model, keep in mind that they should be the same age as the character you're trying to portray with them. Do not use Justin Bieber as a 27-year-old, or Johnny Depp as a 16-year-old. Both are ridiculous exaggerations, but you know what I mean. Oh, and if you use a model that is used in pretty much every roleplay in existence (Frieda Rose, Emma Watson, Alex Pettyfer, Ariana Grande, Logan Lerman etc) then I will probably not let you in the roleplay. Those people piss me the hell off. And if your character has a mermaid tail, please only show pictures of them from the waist up. We don't want to see human legs on a freaking centaur character, that makes no sense!

Please don't have cyber sex (I bet you didn't think I'd say that) under any circumstances. As much as we all want to see it, there are little children around. Also with swearing; I certainly don't mind, and if your character is that sort of person then go for it, just don't scare the little kiddies, please. There are just some words that are off-limits, if you know what I mean. Please withhold from Picnik as much as you can in this roleplay. Don't put words over the top of pictures, especially in 'overlay' mode. It doesn't look good, morons. It burns my eyes. I want a couple of pictures of your character in the posts, and a few borders or something, but please don't go over the top. Use colours that compliment each other, and leave the main text in black or grey. When naming your character, keep in mind that I will stab you if you call her Krystel Chastity Juliet Valentine. That is a bloody stupid name. The golden rules for this roleplay: stay active both IC and OOC, and be friendly. If you skipped down to here just know that I hate you, and I do not care at all what you call the PMs. Seriously. Who invented that stupid code anyway. That was not a trick. There is legit no set title. Is this concept really too hard for you people to grasp?

x
x
- { CHARACTERS }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ideas for characters:
                                                  geek ;; artist ;; slut ;; hippie ;; jock
                                                  princess ;; rich kid ;; virgin ;; etc
                                                  Spots left: Male 4/4, Female 0/4

Sons of Adam

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxFIRST MIDDLE LAST
                                                            The Role - rawr colored dino - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxHarry Edward Meyers
                                                            The Sweetheart - b a b u l i c i o u s x - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxWILLIAM MATTHEW PEARSON
                                                            The good hearted jock - skiTTdaTTle - Open/Reserved/Taken

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxFIRST MIDDLE LAST
                                                            The Role - Username - Open/Reserved/Taken

Daughters of Eve

User ImagexUser ImagexxDANIELLE CHRISTIE RITT
                                                            queen b***h - t r e n d ii e love -- 12- Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxPAYSON CAROLINE McCALISTER
                                                            The Rude Rich Kid - Elite Black-Malfoy - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxMELODY VIVIENNE SANTINO
                                                            The Corrupt Virgin - le dorc - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxCASSANDRA MARIE REYNOLDS
                                                            The Starry-eyed Artist - saki74 - Open/Reserved/Taken

x
x
- { CHARACTERS }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ideas for species':
                                                  faun ;; centar ;; werewolf ;; jinn ;; mermaid
                                                  nymph ;; star ;; fae ;; dryad
                                                  Spots left: Male 2/4, Female 0/4

Narnians

User ImagexUser ImagexxCAYLEE MAY TELMAR
                                                            The Loving Princess - rawr colored dino - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxEVANGELINE BETH WHITTAKER
                                                            The Untrusting Jinn - b a b u l i c i o u s x - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxSARAPHINA OILVIA GRACE
                                                            The Adventurous Blue Star - CloudedCuriousity - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxHARLOW LEE MADDEN
                                                            The Sarcastic Mermaid - Perfectly Obscure - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxANTHONY ZACHARIAH TELMAR
                                                            The King - xx Forever Rain - Open/Reserved/Taken
                                                            x

User ImagexUser ImagexxCAIDEN MAX TELMAR
                                                            The Sweet Prince - rawr colored dino - Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxGAVINJAMES ROSSDALE
                                                            The Mysterious Werewolf - --viridis electus unus- Open/Reserved/Taken

User ImagexUser ImagexxFIRST MIDDLE LAST
                                                            The Species - Username - Open/Reserved/Taken
x
- { CODES }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reserve

PM this reserve to me, it should be quick enough. Please, if it's written in capitals on the code, write it in capitals in the reserve.

[img]100x100 icon[/img][color=white]x[img]100x100 icon[/img]xx[/color][size=17]FIRST [color=colorone]MIDDLE[/color] LAST[/size]
                                                            The Adjective Role/Species - Username - Open/[b]Reserved[/b]/Taken
                                                            [url=sample thread]samples[/url]

Create a new topic in Barton OOC or Test Forum, and title it something creative to do with your character, not their name. Look at the SAMPLE PROFILE THREAD for references to how the coding should look and picture sizes. Follow my code exactly for each post, I like it. Once you are done at least the first post, you can PM me a link and/or post the link in the OOC thread. I will link the first icon in each reserve to the profile thread, that way everyone can access them easily. Feel free to update information in your character's profile as you wish, especially in the relationships post, as relationships develop throughout the roleplay. You can add more lines in anything, such as the relationships or personality. In a couple of the posts I've put the alphabet in special characters right at the top. If a detail says to use those characters, copy-paste each character in the correct case in to where those letters would go, get it? DO THE WHOLE PROFILE IN FIRST PERSON! You can begin posting in character after you've done at least the Introduction and Basics post, a few personality traits, and dot points for the biography. But you must have finished the profile by the time you write your second post.

Topic Post: Introduction
                                                            [size=4][color=white]A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z[/color][/size]
                                                            [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][img]500x200 image. No borders, no text.[/img]
                                                            [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=9][color=COLORONE]"[/color][color=COLORTWO]a quote or song lyric[/color][color=COLORONE]"[/color]
                                                            [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=30][color=COLORONE]First (in above characters)[/color] Middle (in above characters)[color=COLORONE]Last (in above characters)[/color][/size]
                                                            [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=13][color=COLORTWO][b]Username (in above characters)[/b][/color][/size]
                                                            [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=10][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gaian-neighborhood/uc/t.76648605/]♛ - back to { NARNIA }[/url][/size]

Post 2: Basics
                                                            [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=white][img]100x100 ICON ONE. Use this as icon one all through the thread.[/img]xxxx[img]100x100 ICON TWO. Use this as icon two all through the thread.[/img]xxxx[img]100x100 ICON THREE. Use this as icon three all through the thread.[/img][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=30][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO][u][color=white]x[color=COLORONE]this is me...[/color]xxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size][size=5]

[/size][size=10]My name is [color=COLORONE][b]First[/b][/color], but I prefer to be called [color=COLORONE][b]Nickname[/b][/color].
                                                            I am [color=COLORONE][b]age[/b][/color] years old, which began on [color=COLORONE][b]birthdate[/b][/color].
                                                            You probably know me as [color=COLORONE][b]The Role[/b][/color].
                                                            I stand at the height of [color=COLORONE][b]height in feet and inches[/b][/color], and weigh roughly [color=COLORONE][b]weight in pounds[/b][/color].
                                                            My eyes are a gorgeous [color=COLORONE][b]color (give us an adjective, not just ‘blue’.)[/b][/color], and my hair is a totally natural [color=COLORONE][b]color (give us an adjective, not just ‘blonde’.)[/b][/color].
                                                            I am a [color=COLORONE][b]girl/guy[/b][/color], and I like [color=COLORONE][b]girls/guys[/b][/color].
                                                            That would make me [color=COLORONE][b]sexuality[/b][/color].
                                                            I am a [color=COLORONE][b]species/race (if human, just say ‘human’, that’s fine)[/b][/color], hear me roar.
                                                            So that means [color=COLORONE][b]description of non-human traits/powers (if human, delete this whole line[/b][/color].[size=5]

[color=white]x[/color]

Post 3: Personality and Quirks
                                                            [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=white][img]ICON ONE[/img]xxxx[img]ICON TWO[/img]xxxx[img]ICON THREE[/img][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=30][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO][u][color=white]x[color=COLORONE]getting to know me...[/color]xxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORONE]personality trait[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences on the details of this personality trait and how your character expresses this trait. [/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO]personality trait[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences on the details of this personality trait and how your character expresses this trait.[/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORONE]personality trait[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences on the details of this personality trait and how your character expresses this trait.[/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO]personality trait[/color][/size]

[/size][size=30][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO][u][color=white]x[color=COLORONE]the individuality...[/color]xxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORONE]quirk[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences on the details of this quirk and what it means for your character. [/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO]quirk[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences on the details of this quirk and what it means for your character. [/size][size=5]

[color=white]x[/color]

Post 4: Biography
                                                            [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=4][color=white]a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z[/color][/size]
                                                            [color=white][img]ICON ONE.[/img]xxxx[img]ICON TWO.[/img]xxxx[img]ICON THREE.[/img][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=30][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO][u][color=white]x[color=COLORONE]dear diary / listen up, bitches! / something creative in above characters...[/color]xxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size][size=5]

[/size][size=10]This is where you write your character's entire biography. You don't have to start with a long paragraph about how their parents met, but if it is relevant, you may want to. I'm leaving this pretty much up to you. Don't you dare say your character was abandoned by her mother and abused by her father all through their childhood, she fell pregnant and had her father's baby and raised it like a sibling, but now she's going through high school with a smile on her face and just wants somebody to love her and hold her and tell her she's beautiful, because she is really insecure and recently started cutting and starving herself. What are the chances that six people out of eight have had tragic lives like this? Don't show me this or I will rip your head off! There are plenty of ways you can make a character's life story interesting that doesn't involve this. Oh also, please don't make your character an aspiring model that travels all over the world and gets tonnes of money and sh*t. That's so annoyingly cliche that it's boring. Ah, and just letting you know, you may be a Gaian nerd who has no life and has never had sex, but most teenagers in this world have, alright? Virgin characters can get tiresome, unless you really develop that trait, just a heads up. If your character is Narnian, these paragraphs may be a bit harder, but they'll be fun. Oh, and don't include the lead up to this roleplay, like signing up for the camp and stuff, that's just dumb. You can explain that in your first post if you really want to.[size=5]

[color=white]x[/color][/size]

Post 5: Relationships
                                                            [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=white][img]ICON ONE.[/img]xxxx[img]ICON TWO.[/img]xxxx[img]ICON THREE.[/img][/color]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=30][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO][u][color=white]x[color=COLORONE]the gang...[/color]xxxxxx[/color][/u][/color][/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORONE]Character's First and Last Name[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=9][color=white]xxxx[/color][strike]Nickname[/strike][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences about your character's relationship with this character; how they met, their attitude towards them, et cetera. [/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO]Character's First and Last Name[/color][/size]
                                                            [size=10]A few sentences about your character's relationship with this character; how they met, their attitude towards them, et cetera. [/size][size=5]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORONE]Character's First and Last Name[/color][/size]

[/size][size=15][color=white]x[/color][color=COLORTWO]Character's First and Last Name[/color][/size]

[color=white]x[/color]

Post 6: Your Posting Format

This post has no set format, you simply copy-paste your posting format, with the words text text text text text where there would be text, obviously. Make it clear what the colours for your character and other characters' dialogue are.
                                                            x
x
- { AND FINALLY... }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where are we?
                                                            Humans, at the end of your first post you should come up out of the water into Narnia. Narnians, you should see them.

Upcoming Events:
                                                            The Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve were lucky to arrive in Narnia on this day - the annual Narnian ball happens to be tonight! Humanoid beings only, all must appear in formal dress. Every woman must be escorted, though men can come alone if they must.

The Weather:
                                                            It is spring time in the beautiful land of Narnia. The sky is blue and dotted with fluffy white clouds, but in the distance there seem to be big dark clouds looming, ready to roll in and rain heavily later tonight. Look out!

x
x
- { RESERVED... }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Because, knowing me, I've probably forgotten something.
x
- { RESERVED... }xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x

x

x

x

x

x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff