10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
|| be careful making wishes in the dark ||
▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀XX||XX▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀

ԍoddess σf τhe τhread// ZeroToHeroInNoTime
            ιnspiration// Howl's Moving Castle, XXXHolic, and Beastly.
            iteracy// Lazy Lit - Adv. Lit (500 word minimum)

σpen && ąccepting

User Image User Image

|| i'm a young lover's rage ||

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

ωelcome to Ingary, where just about anything can happen. The dowdy girl down the street might be the princess next week. The king might be dethroned to live his life as a frog. Your apple might turn into a peach and back again between bites. For, you see, Ingary is full of magic and with magic comes all sorts of possibilities and things to go different ways. Wrong ways.

ι would like to tell you that all young maidens find their prince and live happily ever after and that young boys grow up to be heros, but we wouldn't have much of a story if that were so. No, magic is tricky and so complex, hardly understood by anyone, even those who use it. Which brings us to our story.

σur tale begins with a curse. A single curse on a single young soul that forces them out of house and home. An attempt to break it was made, but curses are tricky things and are much harder to destroy than they are to cast. Unable to return home and having nowhere else to turn to, this single cursed soul turns to the one place left, the one place that everybody knows you only go to if you are seriously desperate. And even then, you're better off looking else where.

ιn a small alley on the outer edges of Market Chipping, there exists a small shop known simply as the Shop of Dreams. Unlike most stores that sell trinkets or services, the wares of this shop make most nervous. For this shop sells magic. It is said that the magician who owns the place will grant any wish, for a price. But it's usually the price that will come back and haunt you.

ιt is to this shop that our poor cursed soul turns to. If they claim they grant any wish, they surely can break a curse. And thus a contract is made and the magician sets the price for the granting of the wish: set me free. And thus the cursed soul steps into a shop where nothing is as it seems and all its residents are more than they first appear.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXԍeneralXX

Yes, I'm writing the rules in paragraph form. I'll try to keep them short and sweet as not to bore you, so stay with me! First off, please obey Gaia's ToS. Yes, it's very obvious but I feel I gotta mention it anyway. You're average roleplay rules will also apply here. No god modding, no auto hitting, etc etc. Please keep this PG-13 rated. Swear to your hearts content, but please skip ahead if you're charecters are heading towards the bedroom (you know what I mean). You should know all these by now! I, ZeroToHeroInNoTime, am Goddess of the this thread and therefore have the final say in everything. If I say no to something, please don't fight me on, just do what I say. Lucky for you, I'm not too picky and this shouldn't be a problem. Please feel free to come bother me questions and things like that. I love suggestions, so if you have an idea you would to incorporate, just send me a PM and we can chat about it!

XXXXXρostingX

If you didn't read in the first post, this is a lazy literate to adv literate rp. By that I mean about a 500 word or 3 fat paragraph minimum. And I do mean minimum, as in you're having an off day and that's all you can manage to put out. On average, I want to see about 700 words or 5 paragraphs on average. As you can see, I'm not the best coder in the world, but I do ask that you attempt to make your posts pretty. I require that you, at the bare minimum, provide the charecters name and photo in every post but feel free to pretty them up as much as you want. Please bold what the charecters are saying and italicize what they are think when you post as well. Keep ooc chatter to the OC thread.

XXXXXąpplyingXX

Yes! The part I know the lot of you have all probably skipped down to. To begin, please head towards the Layout Coding (LC) link at the top. In there, you will find the coding for reserves. Please fill them out and send it over to me titled with "cursed: character role". When I have accepted your reserve, you may begin working on your profile. If you derped around in the LC, you'll have noticed that there are other codes in there and I bet you can guess what they're for. Begin a thread, titled whatever you like, and use each of the links for posts in that thread. This will be you're profile. When you are done, please send a link for the profile to me title "all is not as it seems". When I have accepted that, you'll be all done and you can start roleplaying in the thread! You have three days after I accept the reserve to finish your profile.

XXXXXσtherXX

Stay with me now, we're not done yet! If I have any rules that I have forgotten, I will edit this post and put the new rules in this section and inform all of you in the OC as well. If you made it this far congrats and please add a little <3 in your reserve pms to me so that I know you read the rules. Relationships take time to grow and I want them to build durring the course of the rp. I'm not a grammer nazi (infact, my spelling is terrible), but please try to spell things correctly(spell check is a wonderful tool) and use proper grammer. Please try to post at least once every other day. I know I have a ridiculously busy schedule, so I understand if you have trouble getting on sometimes. If for some reason you can not post this often, please send me a pm letting me know the situation. Otherwise, I will open your role to somebody else. I will also open the role to somebody else if they don't meet the literacy requirements often enough.

As you can see, I've left a lot of the story very vague and this is on purpose. One, because I want you to have your own ideas and have left room for that. And two because I want it to be mysterious. So I'm going to say this; please do lots of plotting with each other! AND, when you do so, please don't reveal the nature of your plotter to another character, even me. For example; if the Magician and the Cursed are plotting together, I ask that the Cursed doesn't tell the Apprentice what they talked about. I can't enforce this, obviously, but I ask this because if secrets are to be revealed, I want it to happen inside the rp. It makes it much more exciting when something happens that you don't expect!

Finally, have fun!

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXthe ςHARACTERS X

▐▐ ►» the CURSED :: 01 → DOMINIK DANTE FAVERN
              User Image
            XXXXX TWENTY THREE || MALE || CHOWFAUN
            ▐|| RUSTICX▐|| DISTANT X▐|| MORALISTIC X ▐|| VIOLENT ALTER EGO
                Dominik is just your typical neighbourly blacksmith, an average citizen of Ingary. That is before everything went horribly wrong and he mistakenly broke the witch’s heart. Cursed, he couldn’t go back to his old life where he would be feared and hunted. His only choice was to leave an attempt to break the curse alone. But that was much easier said than done. In a last desperate attempt, Dominik had no choice but to turn the Shop of Dreams as his last resort for breaking this curse. But as he entered the Shop and worked for the price, he is beginning to wonder if maybe he had more to worry about than just the curse.

▐▐ ►» the MAGICIAN :: 02 → ALEXEI SELENE SAGE
              User Image
            XXXXX TWENTY TWO || FEMALE || ZEROTOHEROINNOTIME
            ▐|| MYSTERIOUS X▐|| VAIN X▐|| CONFIDENT X ▐|| IMPATIENT
                The Witch Sage is the owner of the Shop of Dreams, and that status alone is enough to make the best wary and the rest downright fearful. The shop itself has a reputation of catering the most desperate's whims and turning them against them; its not that far of leap to assume that owner of such a shop is worse. Rumors of the worst kind flitter about town; that a demon ate her heart, that she keeps the souls of customers locked away, that she eats the hearts of young men she fancies. It does not help that Alexei neither confirms or denies any of these rumors. But the price she sets for the Cursed's wish makes one wonder whether any of the rumors might be true. Or maybe she's got an even worse secret that's she's hiding deep within the Shop.

▐▐ ►» the APPRENTICE :: 03 → ELSYE CASSIOPIEA GREY
              User Image
            XXXXX NINETEEN || FEMALE || TITSANDWICH
            ▐|| WARM X▐|| SOFT SPOKEN X▐|| MOTHERLYX ▐|| BLUNT
                Magic is not the most common of occupations in apprentice in. Especially coming from a very simple tailoring family. But, Elsye proved from a young age to have a gift in magic, and so set out to find herself a master to learn the arts from. She traveled far and wide, searching for someone who would teach her. And she came across plenty - all turned her away. All for the same reason. Her lame leg, which she was born with. Almost out of hope, Elsye came across the Shop of Dreams, and so she has been ever since. Plenty ask her questions of her master and her home, but the apprentice has never spoken a word.

▐▐ ►» the DEMON :: 04 → FULL NAME
              User Image
            XXXXX AGE || GENDER || USERNAME
            ▐|| GOOD TRAIT X▐|| BAD TRAIT X▐|| GOOD TRAIT X ▐|| BAD TRAIT
                Short Blurb Here.

note;; I will open and create more spots should the story need it or if a person can come up with a character that could fit into the plot.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXιngaryXX

Ingary is a country situated in between three other countries who tend to like being at war with each other. Ingary doesn't usually get involved, however often they are asked to, simply because they are the only country that hasn't outlawed magic yet and thus whatever side they are on would automatically win. They are in a temperate climate with mountain at their northern and western border, a desert at the southern border, and the Haven Sea to their east. Other than their borders, most of the rest of the country his hills and plains, dotted with the occasional river or lake. The major cities are Kingsbury (the capital), Market Chipping, and PortHaven. While most of the country is good for farming, a large section of plains to the north is mostly uninhabited due to it's high winds and cold tempratures from being close to the mountains. This area is refered to as the Wastes and it's usually where those who are in hiding or have been banished go to. Most of the inhabitants of the Wastes are rogue witches and wizards. The kingdom is currently ruled by King Sullivan II and his heir, Princess Anne Marie.

XXXXXωitches ąnd ωizardsX

The term wizards and witches refers to people who work with magic, wizards being male and witches being their female counterpart and magician usually being a general term for all magic wielding people. They are regular people, who usually have a knack or talent for magic, who apprentice themselves and learn the magical trade. It's a rather odd job for nearly everbody comes to witches and wizards for something but they're often thought of with a tad bit of fear (it's too easy for them to cause a lot of chaos if one were to go bad). Depending on who you asked, it's either an entirely unrespectable job or one of the best, comparable to a doctor. The King of Ingary himself keeps a wizard on his council, the High Wizard Pendragon.

XXXXXąpprenticesXX

As in the rest of the world, most of the people of Ingary need a job to get by in life. Young people about to become adults with no fortune have two options: they inherit their parents business and learn a trade from them or they apprentice themselves to somebody. Apprentices usually start the apprenticeship at the age of fourteen, though some do go later, at which time they move out of their parents house to live with their master. They work and learn the trade until the master deems them having learned everything they could from them and thus masters themselves. This usually occurs around their early twenties, but some are made masters later. Once you are declared a master, you may take on an apprentice of your own, but most don't till they're much older. Witch and Wizard apprentices usually will help their masters with spells so that they can get practice working with them. Unlike other apprentices, however, they aren't declared masters once they have finished their apprenticeship, mostly because it is unlikely that they have worked with most spells in existance. They instead must take a course supplied by the royal court in order to be declared masters. Wizards and Witches must be masters to take on an apprentice.

XXXXXemonsXX

Demons is a crude word used by the people of Ingrary to describe the spirits of nature. There are many different kinds and they exist in many different places, but most don't see them on an everyday basis. The closest most people get is by seeing a 'meteor shower' which is the death of fire demons. It's common sense among Ingarians that you don't trust whatever a demon says, for they often lie and cheat. They are famous for making deals with people that go horribly wrong.

XXXXXмagicXX

While magic occurs everywhere in the world, Ingary is currently the only country that hasn't forbidden it. And though it's citizens are allowed to use, only about 10% of the population consists of witches and wizards. Despite popular belief, magic involves no foolish wand waving or anything of the sort. Actually, most people don't know exactly how magic works, considering witches and wizards guard their secrets jealously. However, to the casual observer, making spells seems to involve a lot mixing of ingredients, moving of objects, and writing symbols on things. Even then, it doesn't explain certain things like how a witch/wizard can look at an object and tell if it's bespelled or how they're able to perform magical battles. Cursing is technically outlawed in Ingary, but that hasn't stopped bad witches or wizards from doing it. Curses come in various shapes, forms, and degrees, but ask any witch or wizard and they'll all tell you the same thing: they are a pain to remove. Most except for the most talented don't even attempt to remove them, no matter how much they want to. It's simply to difficult and the cost too high.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXşettingXX

The Shop of Dreams is located in Market Chipping, which lies along the edge of the Waste. It's the smallest of the most populous cities and compared to Kingsbury and PortHaven, it's much less glamarous. No capital and it's castle nor any beautiful sea here. In fact, it's quite drab. However, it's a good place for trade comming from the north (though everybody will tell you not go through the Wastes since there's "nothing but witches and wizards out there" ) since Kingsbury is located farther south, in the middle of the country, and PortHaven is located south east, next to sea as it's name suggests. The Shop of Dreams is located on the edge of the city, next to the river that runs through the town.

As far as time period goes, it is comparable to the late eighteen hundreds, turn of the century. Machines are becoming more prominent, but women still tend wear long dresses and such (witches seem to be an exception to this though they aren't considered entirely respectable. Respectable, usually older, witches tend to go with fashion). Women are considered men's equals, however they still tend to take more delicate jobs such as working bakeries or hat shops. Most women aren't witches and the Ingarian army is still mostly made up of men.

Currently, it is near the end of fall and the begining of winter. The tempratures and the leaves on the few trees are begining to drop. It doesn't ever snow in Market Chipping, except in the mountains, but it gets cold enough to see your breath, the wind picks up even more, and they get a lot freezes.

XXXXXşhop of reamsXX

The Shop of Dreams is located on the outer edge of Market Chipping, closer to the north and the Wastes. It backs up against the river that runs through the town. The shop is small and has an upstairs, but there doesn't seem to be any visible way to get there except the window(there are no stairs inside or outside).

Inside the shop is is small and a bit dark. The windows are large, but there are only a few of them. A counter occupies the back part of the shop, but every other inch of wall space is covered with shelves filled with spell books, spells and other nick knacks and things, save one space that houses a large fireplace. The middle of the room is empty, but if you look at the ground you can see scuff marks where old spells were drawn in chalk, brushed away, then covered with a rug. The counter is mostly bare except for a stack of parchment which is used for taking orders and notes. There are more scratch marks in the counter wood from old spells as well.

There is also a door behind the counter that, at first glance, appears to be a broom cupboard. Despite this appearance, the Magician, Demon, and Apprentice all seem to be able to fit into this room and spend a great deal of time in there. When they emerge, they will often say that they have been to their bedroom or PortHaven or the library, though of course there is no possible way all those places could possibly fit in a broom cupboard.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

For something that I will think of later.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXяeserved X

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas