+1 ^.^ 0.86046511627907 86.0% [ 74 ]
-1 o.o? 0.13953488372093 14.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Quiet Composer~
Draikyn Daringen Dante

What I am wearing: [Checking] [Me Out?] [Yes. I have a piercing]

He had sensed her disappointment when he had pulled away from her. She had obviously wanted to give him her answer to his question, but he had felt that the moment was gone. He had wanted to give her a moment that she could cherish forever, that they both could, and it was stolen away from them by the witch that had so drastically changed their lives. He would do his best to recreate a moment, and hopefully... well... it could wait until then.

A wolf caught his attention, and his brow furrowed, confused and worried as it approached Aralyn. He tensed automatically when it wrestled her to the ground, but with Carlie in his arms, he could do little. Not that she needed it. She was back to her vampiric self, and could probably easily overtake him, so why not the wolf?

But then she said the name that made his heart grow cold. Ryu? Seriously? Was the dog really...?

Pangs of jealousy shot through him, and he shifted uneasily, watching the wolf dog bounce around his fiance for a moment until she crossed her arms over her chest, crying perv. He blinked, turning scarlet himself as he noticed what had happened in the attack. Her top was in shatters, clearly exposing her breasts to the world. He averted his eyes out of shyness, frustrated that he wasn't exactly wearing something he could easily hand over. Maybe she had a top in the jeep back at the waterfall....?

Carlie squirmed down out of his arms just a few moments later, pulling off her jacket and giving it to his fiance while he stood there in shock. He smiled softly, shaking his head, suddenly at a loss for what to do. He felt fairly worthless in this situation, yet again. As he was in almost all of these situations with supernatural forces.

He ran his hand down his face with a sigh, his hand brushing over the small stream of blood that had slipped out of his lips when he had been feeding. He froze, pulling his hand away and staring at the liquid on his palm. Shivering, he curled his hand into a small fist, desperately trying to not think about it. "Yes. Let's get going...?" he said, jerking his head towards the waterfall so they could retrieve the cars and head home. It must be almost time for the party, right? Besides... the faster he could take care of this...

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul

<<OOC: >>

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Silent Son~
Akocha Strigori

What I'm Wearing: It matters not.

His face fell as she spoke, effectively catching up on some of the most major of business that had happened during his almost six month long trip to Brazil. Mother... Father... dead and gone. For months now, apparently, and he had never been told. Had never heard a word. Though, as she pointed out, he couldn't really have expected much news. That wasn't something one told another by email, and Akocha even rarely did that, so engrossed in his work. But that typical. It was the nature of his assignment. Tell no one. Or the consequences could be dire and hurt someone dearly.

Is that what had happened?

Ciaran in charge... Ciaran didn't know about what he had spent so many years searching for. Was he supposed to tell him now? Tarnish his Father's already sullied name? Oh if only there was a note or something that told him what to do next.... But where could it be to keep it from prying eyes?

And marrying a human family they had met maybe once. If they were lucky. Humans.

With shaking hands, he turned and grabbed a pair of mugs from the cabinet, pouring a coffee for himself and then offering the second to his sister. Even though he had just had two cups of it on his way home, Akocha needed the caffeine. This was a nightmare. "So the girl wasn't lying then" he relayed mentally, leaning against the counter rather heavily, his expression sad and disjointed as Willow spoke to a new boy who had suddenly appeared in the kitchen. Akocha ignored him largely, drinking his coffee with his hands as he thought. The girl hadn't lied. And he had fired her.

Silent laughs overtook him as he clutched his stomach, trying to regain himself as the quaking gasps ripped through him. He struggled to regain his composure before telling his sister what had happened in the hall. He had fired her! One of siblings fiancees. He had fired her!

Why was that so funny?

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. ~Vince Lombardi

Beloved Friend

Marriage can be either love or pain
User Image

Yet when arranged it can be one in the same

Marion Dante

Studying the man which stood before him Marion was caught off guard when he felt the nudge against him. He was in one of his dazes and felt bad that he hadn't actually caught site of his sister. However he could feel the pain in his bruised rib as she nudged into him. Not wanting to wince and show violet he was in pain he simply smiled at her and nodded. "Hey sis been awhile tried to write everyone from overseas but never got a response." He said as he shrugged his shoulders as if to say he was sorry. "So how have things been here." His voice carried a caring yet cautious tone as he looked between his sister and the man which stood before him.

He almost wondered if his sister was to be married to the man but figured she would bring that up when she was ready. For now he stood next to violet, put his arm around her, and gave her a tiny hug. "Missed you and I think you have grown a little since the last time I saw you." He gave a playful laugh before looking back towards the man. Marion was probably a little more protective of violet because of her premature birth and the problems she had because of it. However he always encouraged her and didn't use that against her by any means.

heart Wearing : Blue button down shirt, Black pair of jeans, black and blue etnies
heart With: Jay and violet
Seamus

User ImageSeamus was just finishing off the salad, with a small portion of raisins on the side so she could get some sugar that wouldn't complete charge her system and crash later, when Damian returned, apologising to him, "Next time, just pause to think things through, if it walks like a person, talks like a person, and looks like a person, they're a person." he stated, meaning that not being human didn't make him incapable of being humane.

Finishing the salad as Damian went to talk to Willow he made his way up the stairs, entering the room just as Kamryn excused herself. "Here you go Lili, one Mediterranean salad followed by a portion of California raisins." he said, gently placing the tray on her lap, "Would you like me to prop up the pillows while you eat?" he asked softly, he wanted her to be comfortable after all. He decided to talk to her about Damian's behaviour when she was had her strength back. For now, he stayed with her, but out of courtesy, he took the chair from his desk and though he turned it to face the bed, he didn't draw it closer. He wanted to show her that he had no intention of harming her.

Strigori

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Younger Twin~
Jayden Elias Strigori

What I'm wearing: [Playing up the Eyes][Bracelet]

He supressed a groan, but could not stop his hands from tightening on the clean clothes he carried. Another Dante. Geesh. Just how many of them were there? Though, if everyone in his family was paired off, then it would make sense for the Dantes to have a rather large family themselves. Still. Couldn't they have at least done the courtesy of all arriving together instead of in trickles as they had been?

Violet spoke up before he had a chance to respond to her brother, summoning his attention and effectively calling him out on not greeting her first. Jayden sighed, shaking his head inwardly. She was going to be an interesting one, if they ever made it to the altar. An altar he dreaded for more than one reason, and with good reason.

"Jayden Strigori" he said quietly, offering his name at the insistence of the other when he turned to him. "Nice to meet you too" He supposed. Might as well at least get to know this guy to some extent right? Since he was going to be related to the guy in some way or another. Besides. If Amelia was here, she would be pressing him into trying to be social with this man. Expand his horizons and all that nonsense. "You're awfully late to the party. You were overseas? Doing what, if I can ask?" he asked, though a piece of his tone expressed his disinterest in the subject.

All art is but imitation of nature. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

<<OOC: Tsuki's present, waiting in Amelia's car >>

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Vampire Child~
Tsukiko "Tsuki" Strigori

What I'm wearing: [It's my birthday!] [Cute Shoes to match!]

They had finished their shopping rather quickly after they started in on the games. It was easy for her to pick those, because there were very few gender specific board games, and she rather enjoyed playing them. The cart was more than full when they worked their way to the checkout counter. She stood aside, busying herself with a catalog as the long process of checking out started. She didn't miss the look that was given by the woman qho seemed baffled by his rather large purpose, but did not say anything in reponse, just offering a smile and a tentative giggle at Ciaran's comment. Yes, making the news had its perks, but it also had its faults.

She helped put things onto the pallet to the best of her ability (she seemed to just be getting in the way, but she still tried), and looked up at her brother when they finished. Something else she wanted to do? "No..." she said, shaking her head after a pause. "I think I'm all shopped out. And we've got some wrapping to do. Let's go home?"

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. ~Tom Stoppard

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Ex-Hunter Vampire Fledging~
Dapon Oscurarsi

What I'm Wearing: [My norm]

Missed. He figured she would duck, but had hoped that this tactic would scare her into leaving. He stumbled past her and spun, poised to make another attack.

The knife she threw, however, took him off guard.

The silver blade pierced his leg, driving deep into the flesh there. He yelled in pain, but grit his teeth. Geesh. The silver really did burn. He groaned, but glared at her. Like he was going to let that stop him?! He saw the chain, and yanked his leg back to rip it from her hands before jumping forward with the branch once more. "An injury like this? Ain't going to keep me down" he growled, stepping foward and seizng her shoulder fiercely. "For that, and the gunshot, I will make you pay. You will die. Slowly"

The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur~Vince Lombardi

<<OOC: -coughs- do what you will? >>
Sulina
Ciaran

User Image

User Image

Ciaran smiled as she spoke, "I suppose I have been hogging the birthday girl, the others are probably wondering what's taking so long." he remarked, "Home it is then."

After telling the clerk they would send someone to pick up the toys and games he smiled to his youngest sister, mentally, he reached Avalon, "We're making our way back, we'll be about half an hour." he told her, they had gone a ways out of town after all, plenty of time to sort out any finishing touches.

User Image

Strigori

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Ice Princess~
Liliana "Lili" Dante

What I'm Wearing: [One of Seamus' old T-shirts and a pair of boxer shorts]

Seamus had returned just moments after Kamryn had stepped out to, as she put it, freshen up, bringing with him a tray of what could only be food meant for her. She shifted uneasily, and allowed him to help her sit up and shove pillows behind her to keep her there. She looked at the tray, and had to admit that it looked delicious, though it was only laid for one. She sighed, recognizing exactly why it was set like that. He was a vampire. He didn't eat this stuff... She shivered involuntarily from both the thought and the chill that ran up her. He wouldn't ever have to eat with her. His reluctance and excuses to avoid doing so with her now made sense.

"Thank you... for this..." she said quietly, smiling at him as he settled into a chair just across the way. "And for earlier... You've saved my life... twice now, I suppose...."

She weakly tried to make herself eat, but mostly ended up pushing the food around the plate. She couldn't get that picture out of her head. He carried her from across the hall, when she was mostly naked. Sure. She was used to strutting her stuff in skimpy costumes when she went around on the ice, and he knew he would see it eventually, but this was different. Enough of her color had returned to bring a tiny blush across her cheeks as she avoided looking at him to bring it up. "So... you... carried me here... earlier. Got quite an eyefull, huh?"

Without strength and courage it's really hard to perform at the highest levels of international figure skating, because you're alone on the ice and you only have seven minutes over two nights to prove yourself. ~Scott Hamilton

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Vampire Child~
Tsukiko "Tsuki" Strigori

What I'm wearing: [It's my birthday!] [Cute Shoes to match!]

She giggled, reaching up and taking his hand. He was hogging her, hmm? Well, he kinda was, but she rather enjoyed it. She didn't get to spend enough time with him anymore, and he was one of the few that had stayed at home and had been there every year. "I don't think they're too worried. After all, they know I'm with you, right? Besides, they would have contacted us somehow" Mentally, calle phone... someone would have said something if they were worried, right? Still...

She glanced back at the toys before they walked out. They had cought quite a few, huh? "We're going to need to rent a truck or something, I think. To go deliver them" she said with a laugh. With the ones she was going to add to the pile later on, there would definately not be enough to take them to the kids. But she was excited about that. Making another kid's Christmas would be fun. "I think we should deliver them late on Christmas Eve? And then they can open them on Christmas morning?" she said with a smile.

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. ~Tom Stoppard

Seamus

User ImageSeamus listened, "You're welcome, I feel partially responsible for it all, I mean, your family is here because of ours." he said, "Not being human doesn't mean I don't have morals Lili. Think about it, those two have something in common with Daniel, they both throw people aside when they get what they want. I'm not like that, I see people as such, human, vampire, witch, we are all people." he said.

When she made the remark, he rubbed the back of his neck. "I only registered it enough to think that I should wrap you up. I took a bathrobe off the rail and wrapped you in it before taking you here." he said, looking around and spotting the robe in question, there was some blood on it from her arms. He nodded towards it, "In short, it was more of a brief flick and thinking that you'd get worse like this. To be honest, the fact that you're light probably stuck with me more than what you were wearing. You have a lovely figure, I know that from attending your practices, but in situations like that, you get tunnel vision. Your mind only on a goal, and everything else is of no consequence, I was in that state, and my goal was saving you."

Strigori

Dapper Streaker

User Image
~Aralyn Strigori~

Aralyn gratefully reached out and snatched Carlie's jacket, putting it on and zipping it up over her exposed chest. She smiled sheepishly at Carlie before shooting another quick glare at the dog... er... Ryu... Whatever. "Thanks, Carlie."

She nodded to Draikyn when he suggested that they head back home. She frowned slightly as she saw his expression towards Ryu-dog. She didn't expect that he woud be happy about the return of Ryu, but she had thought that they had at least had a sort of truce between them when they were on the run from Katalina. She had even thought that they might've started to become friends. She looked back over at the wolf-dog that housed Ryu, her emotions and thoughts were like a tornado. All jumbled about and confused.

"Are you gonna come with us?" She asked Ryu softly. His golden eyes turned away, ears drooping almost bashfully. Yet again, his telepathy reached all three of their minds. Almost as if he were conversing with them normally. "Well, I've got nowhere else to go. I can't exactly hop on my motorcycle and move back into my apartment." Ryu looked back up at Aralyn, shuffling his paws a bit. "If you don't mind, that is...

User ImageAralyn smiled warmly, and stepped forward. She squatted down to be face-level with Ryu. Upon a closer inspection, the dog had burs and a few mats stuck in his fur. He'd definately need a good grooming. She reached up and patted his head, scritching behind his ear. "You know you're always welcome at the Strigori manor. Besides, you need a bath. You smell like wet dog." She said, wrinkling her nose in disgust. Ryu growled, which made her laugh as she stood up. "Alright, guys. Let's get the hell outta here."

Beloved Friend

Marriage can be either love or pain
User Image

Yet when arranged it can be one in the same

Marion Dante

With his arm still around his sister he looked to the man as he introduced himself finally. Jayden huh, he thought to himself putting the name with the face somewhere in his mind for future reference. Looking at the man with his emerald eyes he studied him for a second with a warming, yet unemotional smile. "Well it is nice to meet you as well." His voice carried the same tone as jayden's, as if he were mocking the man for his lack of interest. Marion could tell jayden's next question didn't really carry any curiousity. It was what he thought the mans way of trying hard to make the best of the situation. For that he had to give him a little bit of credit.

"I was studying abroad China, France, Ireland, and the last stop was Scotland." He said to the point and very matter of fact about things. "It's where I heard the news of my parents departure from this world, and thus this engagement as well." He said as he looked back towards his sister for a moment feeling a little guilty but still halfway wanting to ditch this idea and hightail it. He sighed for a moment before looking back towards jayden. This time his voice was more sincere and softened. "Yeah I know i'm late but I was procrastinating everything happening so fast, kind of a lot to wrap the head around you know." He said as he was now talking to both of them. Explaining it to jayden while offering some sense of apology to violet.

heart Wearing : Blue button down shirt, Black pair of jeans, black and blue etnies
heart With: Jay and violet

(( OOC))
Carlie

User Image

User Image

Carlie looked at Draikyn, whispering in his ear, "Cheer up, let's face it, if he's stuck in that body, he'll no doubt be treated like a pet." offering a smile as she backed away. It was a point, and that was before you took into account that Aralyn didn't return Ryu's feelings, nor was she into the idea of dating a dog. Carlie had no doubt that her heart was firmly with Draikyn.

Hearing Aralyn tell Ryu he stank, she chuckled, "I have to agree, fortunately I know an amazing natural concoction that will both condition out the matting and treat you for fleas." she remarked. "Hopefully we can get that done so you can look pristine before Tsuki's birthday party." she remarked. The ingredients were quite common, they were no doubt in the house.

The snag was getting there and fast.

User Image

Salvatore

Wearing

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
~The Quiet Composer~
Draikyn Daringen Dante

What I am wearing: [Checking] [Me Out?] [Yes. I have a piercing]

Carlie leaned into him as he heard the conversation happening behind him (oh goody, Ryu was coming home with them too? Not that that was unexpected), encouraging him to brush it off and not think too much on it. After all, Ryu did inhabit the body of the dog, and would likely be treated as a pet more than anything else. Draikyn couldn't deny this, but he still couldn't stop the pain and jealousy of the look he saw on Aralyn's face when she realized it was Ryu, come back to visit, come back to stay.

Draikyn respected Ryu, but was always weary of his feelings. He knew how the man felt about his fiancee. It was obvious, and Aralyn didn't return his feelings, but Draikyn had always tried to tread lightly around the man when he was around them. He hated it when Mya started dangling her new boytoy around in front of him. It wasn't a feeling he wished on anyone else. But now there was plain and simple evidence of his and Aralyn's relationship resting directly on the ring finger of Aralyn's left hand. It wouldn't take a scientist to figure out what it meant, and who it was from. And it was probably not going to be overlooked.

Besides. That was not the only thing on his mind at the moment. His hand tightened reflexively, and he had to start all over, trying to keep the thought aside. Blood. Hers, yes, which actually made it worse, had drained a thin river down his chin, which he had inadvertantly wiped away just a few moments before. That was were a good portion of the tension he currently exuded was coming from.

He didn't say anything, but kept his eyes carefully away, A small smile grew on his face when Aralyn told him that he was in desperate need of a bath. Don't know why, but the thought amused him. "A bath would probably be a good thing there," he chuckled, shaking his head and starting to lead the way out of the deep, dark cavern. "Given any thought as to where he would stay? I mean, I'm assuming that he would remain in the manor with us, but where? There isn't a hidden room full of equipment that would be more suited for him now, would there?" Like a dog bowl? He wasn't trying to be rude. Just genuinely curious. "And introducing him to your family?"

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas