User Image
                                                  When I say out loud
                                                  I want to get out of this
                                                  I wonder is there anything
                                                  I'm going to miss
                                                  I wonder how it's going to be
                                                  When you don't know me
                                                  How's it going to be
                                                  When you're sure I'm not there
                                                  ______________________________________________________________

Elena looked at Emma with a smile, “Thank you, but I move a lot faster without them and a few feet is ok,” She said. Her leg was still a bit weak, but it was healed mostly and Elena was happy about that. There was no cast on her leg, something that had been annoying and a constant reminder of what she had almost done. Now it was gone and she knew she needed to get on with her life, but for her it wasn’t the easiest thing to do. It had been a good while, but it was still the second thing on her mind, the first being her baby.

Picking up her book again she flipped to the page that she had stopped reading on when Emma came to the door and began again. The book was great, something to take her minds off of everything. She had never been one to just up and start a conversation and though she knew all the girls from school, she still wasn’t ready to just talk to all of them. She had a few friends back at school and she talked to a few people, but she preferred not having people close because then she didn’t have so many people that she disappointed.

Hearing Tori’s comment Elena just rolled her eyes. It wasn’t like she didn’t have the same parts, seeming them was a shock, but it didn’t give a reason for a comment like that. “Tori, was that really necessary?” Elena asked though she knew it may cause a problem. It really wasn’t her place to step in, but it was a habit at times. She didn’t like people making mean comments about others and that was a mean comment.

((short again sad Sorry))

How's it going to be
                                                  When there's no one there to talk to
                                                  Between you and me
                                                  Cause I don't care
                                                  How's it going to be, How's it going to be
                                                  Where we used to laugh
                                                  There's a shouting match
                                                  Sharp as a thumbnail scratch
                                                  A silence I can't ignore

3,825 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
User Image

┃┃__________________________________________

As Emma turned around to let Adele make short work of the clasp on her new bra, she spent time processing what Adele had set to her about to Tori a few moments ago. Emma had asked Adele to repeat herself about six times. Adele said that Victoria was staring at her breast for extended period of time. What the hell was the supposed to mean? Probably that Victoria had never seen breast of someone as dark of Emma before. But the more likely scenario was that Tori envied Emma's breast, she was probably a no-cup having shirt stuffer. Emma didn't have any proof of this but that was the story Emma was going with. While Emma knew that it wasn't uncommon for young women to lash out that which they themselves were, most people were hypocrites that way, it didn't enter Emma's mind in the reference to this Tori chick.

Mainly because, Victoria Rosen had the type of disposition that would set the LGBT community back forty years. Victoria put Emma in mind of that Lionel Train character on United States of Tara, except she was a homophobic b***h and not ramming LGBT rights down the world's gullet. There was a such thing as overdoing pride, but that wasn't Emma's issue, she just had a low tolerance for bitchiness in all honesty. Emma didn't have to do much to annoy that girl, she was grown and honestly didn't try. Emma was just herself, she didn't change for anyone's benefit unless it was first to her own. The school, and Tori, would just have to frown and bear her. To her pseudo-sister's comment she just smiled, and signed her theory after putting on lotion and in between putting on three pairs of socks, ”I'm flattered. Don't worry about it, she probably just doesn't have any...boobs I mean. I will bet you cash she's all padding.” Emma chuckled at the thought with her friend.

Of course she had heard what Tori had called her. Dyke. What the hell was that supposed to do. Dyke was an old-timely word for levy or dam. Historically it had nothing to do her sexuality, and the insult of it was wasted on her. That was one word that would never get under Emma's skin. ”Elena, but I don't take offense to being called a levee, but thank you just the same.” Emma raised her voice a bit, so that Tori would be able to hear her even if water was running inside of the bathroom, ”And for the record, God brought me into this world nude, so I think God would want us all, comfortable with the with the bodies we were gifted with, not ashamed of them!” Emma had clearly picked her words with tact to avoid a conflict, she just wanted the last few hours of this trip to be a peaceful one.

It was a few moments later she noticed that Feyja had entered the cabin and spoke to her. ”You for a walk too huh Feyja? Yes, good morning.” It was clear that Emma had more to say, but was interrupted by her own growling stomach. It usually didn't grumble so early in the day. Emma still believed it to be no later than nine in the am. She spoke loudly to the nearly full cabin and turning to Adele to sign a simplified version of her worlds as a courtesy, ”I didn't realize how hungry I was. Do you girls want to head on over to the guy's cabin, usually around this time all of the guys are decent and Sharif's eating breakfast. I know for a fact that he brought plenty of food with him, lamb meat and some vegan stuff with a funny name that taste to me like chicken..Satan or something like that, the guy can make a pretty fitting meal out that stuff, I know he doesn't mind feeding a crowd, if I am not only one of us whose hungry?” Emma looked around the room at reaction to the idea, checking first with Adele to see if she was up for a new food experience. When Emma felt she had a general consensus, she made quick work of dress and got up to head back but not before heading over to bathroom and addressing Tori, ”The lot of us are going over to see the guys about some food, will you meet us of over there or don't you want a plate?” Emma was fine with letting everyone else go ahead of her, but she wasn't comfortable leaving anyone behind. Even someone she didn't like as much as Victoria Rosen.

OOC: I am sorry for how long this took, I got distracted and again, mainly by eating and my very demanding puppy, but is up now. I will post for Sharif tomorrow, I had a change of plan in the last second of this post and I have re-work his a bit now.
User Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

lSave..... me. Save...... me. I think I'm breaking..... Am I going crazy? Should anyone help? I must be out of myl{mind} lCause I'm not alright. No, I'm not okay. And I'll never see the light.Til somebody saves me!lxxxxx
              xxxxxxxxxx

”I'm flattered. Don't worry about it, she probably just doesn't have any...boobs I mean. I will bet you cash she's all padding.” Emma had signed to her after putting on some lotion and socks. Adele smiled in return and signed back "You're on." and then decided to get ready for the day before she was forced to walk out of there with her pjs on. As Emma begun talking to Elena, Adele slipped away over to her luggage, pulling out the clothes she would wear that day. She glanced towards the bathroom and she knew it was preoccupied though she needed to get ready. Biting her lower lip for a moment, she decided what the hell with it. It wasn't like Tori could really affect her by yelling though of course if she got physical with Adele, she knew that Emma would be right behind her.

Before she went over to the bathroom, she watched Emma signing to her and talking to the other girls' about heading over to the boy's cabin for some breakfast. Adele didn't mind going, so she signed Emma that it was okay with her really quick and watched Emma go to the bathroom to probably tell Tori the plans. Em always seemed to be the better person and Adele respected her for it. Usually Adele would have mouthed the person off or throw her fist at them.

Once Emma was done letting Tori know, Adele got her things and went over to the bathroom.
              She saw Tori and brushed passed her and set her things by the sink where she would do most of her prepping. Adele washed her face, put her facial moisturizer on , brushed her teeth, then put her make up on.

When she was done putting her make up, she then begun to do her hair. Adele took her hair out of her hair tie and let it bounce upon her shoulder's. It needed a tad work so she got out her straightening iron, and hair brush. As the straightening iron started heating up she brushed her hair while her body begun to desire some alcohol. Damn it! I want some really bad.. She thought as she put her brush down for a moment and opened the bathroom door, peeking out at Emma. Emma had kept her from drinking the entire time and even hid the alcohol she had sneaked out of her house. Adele felt like she was drying up like a raisin without drinking her poison. Though her friend was keen on keeping her from getting her drink on and deep down, it annoyed her as hell and Em's knew it too. Adele did have some moments where she almost punched Emma , but did manage to get a bit crazy when Em confronted her on hiding her alcohol. Withdrawal...fun.

Adele then retreated back into the bathroom, closing the door again. She turned around, looking over at Tori every once in awhile. If Tori was going to yell at her , Adele wouldn't care. She wouldn't be able to hear anything the girl was saying. She wasn't good at lip reading at all as well. Also, if Adele felt a hand on her , she would hope Tori would know to back off. It was rude to grab a deaf person when they weren't facing the person, though not many hearing people seemed to understand that. Only Adele's friends got off easy whenever they accidentally grabbed her.

Her eyes went back to her tools and she picked up her straightening iron and started to curl her hair enough to make it look decent. When her hair was done, she slightly smiled and turned the iron off before she begun taking her clothes off. She did wonder if Tori would freak out like she was with Em's not long ago. This made her want to undress quicker, so she did. Soon, she was butt naked slowly getting her underwear on. Adele didn't dare look around her as she changed. Deep down, she felt Tori had a secret though on the other hand, Em could have been right about Tori just being jealous of how awesome her tits were. Adele wasn't really one to assume too much about someone for everyone had a reason on why they were the way they were. Though it didn't mean Adele didn't like teasing every now and then. Of course, whose to say while Adele was changing ,that Tori didn't leave and she was giggling inside her head for nothing.

{OOC;; . If I do need to add or change anything, let me know! P.S. # means she fingerspelled which means, she signed each letter out to make the word. .}

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser ImageXXX

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200
User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

Staying up late wasn't really Analise's thing, she was the one that always fell asleep first at sleepovers. At home behind close doors, she studied hard and went to bed at 10:30 every night. The only time she every stayed up late is if she was taken to some party. Truthfully she never stayed long, but she would convince people she was there; they were just to drunk to remember. Last night she had stayed up late with Adele and Emma, it seemed like things were going great. They had been distant for a while, and she knew it affect Adele. Analise knew she was going to hate the morning more than usual because she didn't fall asleep until early in the morning, she guessed around three in the morning. She had never been a morning person. For someone who bounced all over the place every other minute of the day, she was a grouch. Her mind was on the pile of homework sitting on her desk at home, the poor girl even dreamed about her homework. Throughout the whole weekend, it was in the back of her mind. When the group had gone, horse back riding was about the only time it wasn't some how there. She loved riding horses; she knew how to jump them and everything, and so she showed off a bit to the group.

Being a school nerd wasn't the only thing Analise worked hard at hiding from everyone. There was many times she wanted to make an anime or star wars quote during activities, but she had to bite her tongue. She had her friends over but her room was never shown, they had always questioned it but the amount of nerdy posters in there... It would allow the secret out, and she had spent so much energy in trying to hide it; she wasn't going to let it happen. Her parents, when they were home, always questioned why she wanted to hide her honors, her 90 average and her favourite movies. They couldn't really understand because her dad was home schooled until university and her mother was only home schooled for high school, then entered military college. They didn't understand the pressures Analise went through everyday.

Analise slept like a log through all the girls talking and movement. That was until she sneezed in her sleep, that she started to wake up. Her sneezes always annoyed her cause everyone would call it adorable. Internally, she would always roll her eyes and carry on with her hyper ness. The voices of some of the girls and Tori's loud obnoxious voice rang through her ears. She groaned, not happy with being woken up and turned onto her side and forgot she was on a small top bunk. Blankets and all she fell to the cold floor with a loud thump. “FUC-FUNKY SPARKLY UNICORNS THAT HURT!!” Groaning she curled up in a ball and hide under her blanket. “WHY! Does the floor have to be so cold, god damn the mornings.” She continued to grumble on from the floor. Randomly, she blurted out “ I miss my cello.” Analise could slightly hear a violin, which just made her miss her Cello. She learned how to play it because few people knew how to play one.

Analise sat up with the sheet half hanging over her head. Looking at Emma, she saw something about food and boys in her signing, so she assumed it was about going to eat over at the boys. Cross legged she sat there and looked over to see Adele changing. She let out a slight shriek and covered her head with the sheet. “ Not what I need to see in the morning.” She groaned grumpily. Just because it was the afternoon, it still meant she would wake up grumpy. After as few minutes of sitting there in silence, she got up and grabbed a handful of clothes and make up. She walked over to a corner where no one was and got changed into ripped jeans, her Drop Dead Sweater and combat boots. She walked back over to the bunk slowly and weakly climbed back on to the top. Laying there she grunted and sat up. Analise put on her Blood On The Dance Floor belt, then put on her, three favourite rings and her piano necklace. She won the necklace at a piano recital. Taking out her compact she began to put on a light gold shadow, to bring out her green eyes. Then proceeded to put on a nice Egyptian like liner that suited her eyes and tons of mascara to make her eye lashs look soft long and curled.

After putting everything away she flopped back onto the bed, closing her eyes. She just wanted more sleep, food, homework done and to watch star wars. Though the last two she couldn't do. Sighing unhappily she tried to shove her nerdy thoughts out of the way. All of it had to stay a secret.

Analise was about to fall asleep when she felt something tickle her hand. She opened her eyes and looked at the thing on her hand and she did a double take. At first, she froze when she realized it was a spider. She screamed so loud it could probably be heard outside. “HOLLLYYYY LLLLAMMMMMMAAAAASSSSSS!!” For the shortest girl out of all them, she jumped off the bunk and flew across the room to hide behind Emma. “Kill it, kill the evil thing, it is going to eat me.” This just made her grumpier than before. How could she not see that huge thing on the bed before? Analise stayed behind Emma.

OutOfCrayons: Middle picture is a link to outfit, sorry I took to long
goodbye graceful, i’m so gratefulxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
you helped to change my wicked ways xx xxxxxxxx
xxx when i was in my darkest daysxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AND I'M SO THANKFULxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
that you were able ⊱⊱ you were ablexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to save me from the burning flamesxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AND MAKE ME WHO I AM TODAY xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lyric format/coding were not made by me but another artist

Eloquent Lover

xxxxxxxxxxҬφɼι ȷą∂ℯ Ɍφϛℯηxxxxxxxxxx

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━I'm so sick, infected with, where I live
Let me live without this, empty bliss, selfishness!━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxx Guilt. Raw, unadulterated guilt ripped through Tori's chest as she listened to the thunk of the bathroom door. She knew that her words would have little to no effect on the other girl, but it didn't make her feel any better. Saying those sorts of things was bad enough, then Elena had to speak up and make things a thousand times worse. No, what she had said was not necessary. Not in the least. Well, it wouldn't have been had she not been trying to maintain this image. This bitchy, intolerant and rude image that was slowly poisoning Tori from the inside out. If she was this ugly on the inside, how long until it reached out and gripped her outward appearance? Surely ugly is as ugly does and it would catch up to her in one way or another. Still, if she wanted to continue living her life like a free person, then she wouldn't be changing for a little while longer. Just a little while...How much longer till her birthday and she knew she would be able to tell those closed minded fools exactly how she felt? Tori shook her head and pushed out the math as she heard Emma start replying Elena's rebuke.

xxxx The things that Emma said, had Tori covering her mouth to keep from laughing. Tori hadn't known that a dyke was what they called levees once upon a time, but leave it to Emma to bring that up. It was clever and her intelligence shone through her calm and immediate response. The dark haired girl looked at herself in the mirror and allowed one real smile to slip through. The expression was foreign to her and took her a moment to realize that the sadness that usually clouded her eyes was replaced by a light of amusement. Which only cracked the wall around her that much more when she heard Emma try to use religion against her. Oh, that was definitely something that Tori would have used against her own parents had they ever rebuked her to being naked around the house. After all, Adam and Eve had no conception of their nakedness until she was seduced to eat the forbidden fruit. So wouldn't stand to reason that God would indeed rather everyone be comfortable in their own skin? Tori's smile slowly faded from her lips and the light died. Everyone could be happy in their skin but her. Her parents, though misguided, were comfortable with their radical religious beliefs. Emma was comfortable with her sexuality and what it meant for her for the rest of her life. Hell, most everyone around Tori had made peace with who they were...Or at least the seemed like it. After this summer, the girl knew that one could never assume that someone was happy just because they put on a smile and moved forward.

xxxx Frowning to herself, Tori had missed most of the invitation to go and eat at the guys' cabin. She rolled her eyes, expecting not to receive and invitation, but was surprised when Emma knocked on the door and invited her. That girl was a better person than Tori could ever be. If someone went around constantly bashing her for how she was, then there was no way that she would stomach her pride long enough to invite said girl to get something to eat. Not like they were going one on one with each other, but they would still be within the same room. Nerves shot up and down her spine as she considered her options. What to do, what to do? 'If you don't go, they'll know they can get under your skin. If you do go...you have to try not to stare at Emma's breasts and you'll have to be cool, calm....Crap.' Tori flip flopped around on the subject within her own head and stared herself down in the mirror. She had yet to do any kind of freshening up and wrapped her hand around the handle of her brush. With a quick swipe she started the process of slowly untangling her hair. With her mind preoccupied, she didn't know how long it took for her to finally come to a decision. After all the years of pretending, she had to be good enough to trust that she wouldn't accidentally out herself in the short while that she would be dining with the others. Finally she shrugged her shoulders and set her brush down.

xxxx The bathroom door creaked as she opened it up, "Sure. I'm hungry." It was all she could think to give as a reply as she propped open the bathroom door and turned back to the sink and mirror. It was all she could do to sound collected instead of shaken. There were still feelings of lingering lust making her blood rush and her heart beat in an unnatural rhythm. Tori averted her eyes from Emma by plugging in her straightener and starting in on her hair. It was almost complete whenever Adele...was that her name?....came into the bathroom and started changing as well. Tori couldn't help the little grunt of disgust, but it wasn't like the other girl could hear her. She finished straightening her hair as fast as she could, keeping her eyes glued to her own reflection. The last thing she needed was another kick start to her libido.

xxxx Tori finished her hair in record time, all to get away from the predicament of girls changing everywhere. She heard a thunk as someone hit the ground and started to curse about the cold floor. There was something that she could openly agree with someone on. She shook her head and went to her bunk where she threw down her supplies, only to realize that she hadn't yet changed out of her pajamas while in the bathroom. Her eyes looked around the cabin at the other girls. They would ferret her out for the liar and hypocrite she was if she openly changed in front of them now. 'Damn.' Then she got the distraction she needed. The other girl in the cabin squealed and bolted around behind Emma, effectively making everyone think of the spider in her bed. Tori shook her head and peeled her shirt over the top of her head, quickly replacing it with a plain white t-shirt. She repeated the process with her pants, replacing pajama with jeans. Now she felt more human. With a flick of her wrist, she flipped hair over her shoulder before beginning to pack up.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━I'm so sick, I'm so sick!━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Demonic Phantom

User Image
ғᴇʏᴊᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴡᴏʟғ ᴠɪᴇɴsᴀ

sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ↦↤ᴇx-ᴘʀᴇᴘ↦↤ғᴇʏ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀
xxxxxxx¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xxThese wounds won't seem to heal
xxxxxThis pain is just too real
xxxxxxxxThere's just too much that time cannot erase

●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●

Feyja was just pulling a book from her bag when she heard Emma's stomach growl with a familiar request. Then at the girl's offer, she hesitated. She knew that socialization might be the better option for her right now to get out of her mind. Rather than using her book as an escape rout from the world before they had to go home. Still, she was a little more apt to hanging out with just the girls than go over to the boy's cabin with the girls. Not that she was saying anything would happen, they were the odd group of twelve so the likelihood was farther down than probably any other group of students. Feyja bit back a sigh and looked up to Emma, the reasoning taking about a minute. "Yeah I'll join." She said with another smile, albeit a slightly smaller, more nervous smile. She stood from her bed once more and set her book back down, glancing at the Complete Sherlock Holmes title splayed across the cover. She was just getting into the second half of A Study in Scarlet, but it could wait. Her stomach clenched again in agreement with Emma's. Food was the first priority right now.

Feyja looked over at where the bathroom door opened and out walked Tori. She nodded and smiled lightly in greeting. Even though they were both under the school title of 'prep' the two of them had never really hung out much, or talked even. So she didn't really know how to act around the dark haired girl. Her attention was then turned when Analise fell off her bed and climbed back on only to scream. Feyja swore she felt her ears bleeding from it even though she covered them with her hands. She turned to look at what could possibly have scared the girl so much. A spider. You have got to be kidding me... She thought with a sigh. As Analise hid behind Emma, the petite blonde girl stepped over to the top bunk. Okay, yeah that was a huge a** spider. She drew a deep breath and lifted her hands up to the arachnid. She used one to usher it onto the other before closing them over it. Fey shuddered at the feeling of it crawling around on her skin while she walked over to the door and managed to open it. "Go on." She muttered when she set the spider on the ground. Either it understood her or had had the idea before because it scuttled away fairly quickly. She turned around and walked back into the cabin.

"It's gone Analise. You can relax now." She said calmly when she closed the door again. Feyja had had enough experience with taking care of spiders because of her family. No one in her family could stand them besides her. And the reason she could was because of her aunt living on a farm, and living at that boarding school where they were everywhere. When they got to a certain size she got uneasy but wouldn't kill them unless they were smaller than a penny, or poisonous. Like a black widow. Which she had only had to deal with once in her life. Thank god for dictionaries. Those things squish like bricks. That spider though, Analise's spider, had just made her uncomfortable while holding it. Which was why Fey walked over to her bag and pulled out a small bottle of hand-sanitizer and rubbed a few drops over her hands. "So, breakfast then?" She asked, looking back at Emma

3,825 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

You would think that knowing where he would find his daughter would have given young man all of the closure that he needed. Of course, things in Sharif’s life were never that simply resolved. There was still this mountain of guilt to deal with. That he hadn’t yet figured out a suitable way to break the news to his family at this point was almost shameful. No it was definitely shameful. Only because…it didn’t make much sense for him to be so worried, he was eighteen when his daughter was made, a legal adult. He had more to worry about were charges that, thanks to Lillian’s lie, would never come. Still when he thought back to what his parents had gone through for his benefit, he couldn’t find the words. They had worked so hard for him, endured so much all for his benefit. He wasn’t fearful of disappointing anyone, but to further that suffering and burdened existence it wasn’t something he could live with himself if he did again.
                                                  His family had lost so much in move from New York to Nevada. His mother had gone from owner of a small but successful boutique as her own boss, to working in someone else’s because she couldn’t stand the thought of doing factory work. Sharif had no way of rating his father’s job satisfaction; he still had no idea what his father did. All he knew is that his father’s job had really good overtime pay. He felt that neither of his parents needed to be working this hard in their elder years. Again, all for his benefit, well his sister’s too, but the bulk of what they earned was going to the medical debt his more recent failure had spawned. There was no closure for him, because their struggle would only end when he was no longer their problem. Suicide he knew was a detested way to go. It meant you were forfeiting a proper funeral and burial. The things a parent never wanted to have to do to their own child, by killing himself he was saving his parents that burden as well. All he had to do now was find a way to be successful in his next attempt, and ensure that it was as far away from his family as possible so that they would not have to suffer anymore collateral damages. He couldn’t live with himself if he was the root of anymore losses for his family, but he was sure that he would have to live with himself much longer than a couple of months.

Maybe that was why Davik’s finally comment made him laugh, even though he was trying to avoid it because laughing still kind of hurt. Now Sharif didn’t claim to know Davik very well, he wasn’t sure anyone did, but nonetheless he felt appropriate to respond in the manner. That matter of fact tone that the both seemed to have mastered, ”Exactly, so I why would do a stupid thing like that, and more importantly why would I run the risk of miscalculating with poison for myself and facing a murder charge for your death when I live? I would think there are more certain ways to die in this world.”
                                                  He didn’t know why he’d added that last bit; he suddenly recalled Damian and regretted it. Damian had used one of the most certain death-makes in the world and still managed to be unsuccessful. That was cruel of Fate or Death or whatever made saw fit to let the Six all live. Sharif was starting to think that the failure came from everyone in the Pact trying to end it all at home. Wait, Elena hadn’t done that. She had been on the bridge, ready to jump, and someone took on themselves to help…blah! When Sharif tried again, he had to leave no room for outside intervention. This Gold Point place was a good place to be away from that, alas there were too many people here, and the school was leaving today.

He shook the wistful yearning for death from his thoughts and returned his attention to this “conversation” with Davik. And the subject of food, ”Unless you have an aversion to lamb, I don’t you’d find anything disagreeable about the food. How do you take you eggs in a basket? Scrambled or fried, inside the toast I mean? And what do you take on them by the way? I have half a mind to see if I can find a can of potatoes to make a more filling breakfast, I know mashing potatoes takes them out of the ‘breakfast food’ category but I with the antibiotics I am taking am forced to eat like a horse for all three meals. Heavy breakfasts like this are not normal for me, but they’re not happy unless I eat like this every morning. It is almost a punishment, I swear.” He couldn’t help being a little bitter about that, but it wasn’t that big of deal. He kept moving, grabbing another skillet, washing it and beginning to heat it. His toast and fried egg was as finished as it was going to get and placed it on a paper plate for himself, the meat of his meal was almost done, but not quite at the moment.

ooc
                                                  Sorry for how long this took. It’s a bit shorter than I am used to writing for Sharif, but I think it works. It doesn’t feel lame, it’s not lame right?

User Image User Image User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

Davik twirled the piece of hair around his finger again, amusing himself by imagining what it looked like. He imagined a thickness to match how it felt against his fingers, and a few hairs out of place because his always were. He even imagined the split ends. And then he realized that he couldn’t imagine the colour anymore. He knew it was blue, because his uncle obligingly took him to get it dyed every time his roots showed, but he didn’t remember what blue looked like. He knew that – if it still matched how he’d dyed it originally – it was a dark colour, not like the sky… but then, couldn’t the sky be dark blue too? Did it have to be either light blue or black? That he couldn’t answer his own question disturbed Davik more than he wanted to admit. He tried to picture other colours. Apples were red, tangerines were orange, grapes were purple… but he couldn’t picture those colours either. He wrapped the piece of hair around his fingers again and shivered. What if, one day, he couldn’t remember what colours were? He’d only been blind for six years. Assuming he lived to middle age, or older, would he be able to remember that he was missing something like colour?

Sherriff’s laughter broke him out of his thoughts. Davik shifted to face him. The tilt of his head, the quirk of his eyebrows, were calculated to look as though he’d just looked up at the other boy, though his eyes stared uselessly at something in the distance. The set of his jaw, the tightness at the corners of his lips, and the slow rise of one eyebrow all indicated, to the attentive watcher, just how little he appreciated being laughed at. But his expression morphed to some mixture of disgust and incredulity at Sherriff’s words. “You think I’m scared that you’d poison me? As if; it isn’t as though death is something to be frightened of.” He shook his head in disbelief. “God, who on earth would press charges on you for offing me? You’d get a bloody commendation, you would.” Davik had never tried to kill himself, but only because he didn’t care enough to put forth the effort. For now, living seemed to be his default state, and he was alright with that. Whatever took him the least effort.

Sherriff said that there were more certain ways to die and Davik nodded his agreement, as calmly as though they were discussing the weather. “Gunshot to the temple or back of the mouth,” he mused. “Body’s got its own survival mechanisms, but it can’t move fast enough to dodge the bullet from that range.” Sherriff changed the topic suddenly to food. Was he squeamish? He shouldn’t be. After all, he’d already tried it once and, from what Davik had heard, the way he’d tried hadn’t exactly been of the ‘quick and clean’ variety. Actually, that was sort of proven just by the fact that he was still here, making breakfast. Well, brunch. Very late brunch. Davik tuned him out for a while, bored of listening to what had seemed to be the beginning of a rant about breakfast food. He began listening again when the other boy’s voice took on a certain tone that hinted at the end of a speech and heard “
                          …it is almost like a punishment, I swear.” Davik made a vague humming noise in the back of his throat. “I eat anything,” he drawled, giving a simple answer to a long question. After a second’s pause, he allowed, “Except for chai tea. And that thing made of beating snake hearts. That’s just weird.” He reached up and twirled that lock of hair around his finger again. When would he forget what colour was?

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
User Image
I remember the look in your eyes,
When you were reaching out to me.
And I tried to help you.
But now I'm haunted,
By the hero that I couldn't be.

«º°¨°ºĐɑɱɩɑɳ Rɑɖke º°¨°º»

⇜-··.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.·-⇝

I know I shouldn't blame myself
For what I cannot control
It seems so impossible to ever let this go

⇜-·.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.·-⇝
█████████████████ ████████████ ████████ █████

Damian had mixed feelings about the field trip a while ago because he would have a good reason to be out of the house but would have to hang around others as well. There would be no escape from anyone that decided to annoy the hell out of him--it was bound to happen since people were idiots. Things have changed since then though. If it wasn't for Lillian, he would have gone insane already or wouldn't have bothered to come in the first place. It was a pain in the a** to room with a bunch of strangers: one being a girl. Well, he knew Sharif to a degree. Their relationship was interesting to say the least. It would have been crazy awkward if Lillian was the one that roomed with them--probably. After all, those two were exes for a reason yet still liked each other. Damian definitely noticed that a while back. It was surprising that they didn't realize it themselves; but it wasn't his problem. That kind of thing. He didn't need it. Being alone is what suited him best even if had been enjoying Lillian's company every so often.

The trip wasn't terribly bad; but he couldn't sleep at night with all the other people in the same room. It made him uncomfortable. Damian tried to get some shuteye the first night but had no luck. At some point he decided to take a run in order to make himself so exhausted that he would pass out as soon as he hit the sheets. The late night run turned out to be more interesting than he had imagined. He was just trying to get to sleep somehow; but he found a cave instead. Curiosity took the better of him and he decided to explore. That never happened though; because as soon as he sat just inside the entrance, in order to take a short break, sleep overcame him. It took a while for him to find his way back in the morning since everything looked different when the sun was shining. Of course he got in trouble; but he didn't care. After all, he found his place to sleep.

Damian was still in that cave sleeping the day away when someone waltzed in. He was completely oblivious until a pebble hit the ground with a thud. It wouldn't have been so bad if the stupid thing never echoed. Not to mention the fact that the bats got excited. Damian wasn't afraid of them and actually liked their random wing flaps. In an odd way, they were comforting to him. A noisy pebble plus the winged creatures being abnormally feisty was not pleasant however. Soon his eyes opened slowly as he stretched himself awake. That was around the time that Minwoo decided to actually enter the cave and switch on a flashlight. He pushed himself up to a sitting position before the light flashed by him for but a moment. Unfortunately it was long enough to make an incoherent noise escape his mouth. It was blinding as ******** annoying.

It wasn't long before he was standing. Damian was actually a good distance in the cave; but not too far from the entrance. That's why he spoke louder than needed; after all, the cave had a natural way of making someone's voice amplify. "Hey!" He called out just to realize his mistake; so he changed the level of his voice so it wouldn't be so grandiose. "Who dares to disturb my slumber?" He should be more worried about it being a psycho killer; but he was in a suicide pact. Why would he care? Well he did prefer to off himself. Plus, it's not like it would be good to worry about something that didn't appear to be dangerous. "Well. Speak. Or forever hold your peace." By this point he was quite a bit closer to the intruder and decided to turn his own light on: like he'd come without one. It was the nerdy Asian that he didn't know much about. Doesn't he fix computers and s**t? Ah, he could totally hack into the school files and change test scores. Right? Whatever. That's not important right now. "Oh it's you." That could have been said better. "What are you doing here?" Maybe it was a stupid question since he knew there was a mine in these caves. Plus, the guy could be merely exploring; but it was asked nonetheless.

█████████████████ ████████████ ████████ █████

So how long has this gone on, I don't see this ending.
        It's too late, we can't change what has now begun.
        We act like it's not right, why are we pretending?
        We've been wrong for so long. We've known this all along.

Memories consume, like opening the wound, I'm picking me apart again.
        I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream.
        When we all fall down, who will take the blame? What will it take?

I'm waiting for better days, these hard times won't go away. I still haven't found my way.
        Where there's nothing left to leave behind, I won't give you what's mine.
        My life is a warzone, torn between what's right and wrong.
        There's no way out, I'm gonna end up hurting someone.

3,825 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
User Image

┃┃__________________________________________

Emma liked to think of herself as a fairly tolerant person, who she was gave her very little choice in matter. Of course, she was allowed to have her own opinions on things people did, it was only human of her. Analise was her friend, like a baby sister of sorts, so most of the rather annoying childish things that she did...Emma half-expected. Like how Charlie, Emma usually called her that because Analise's unbridled energy reminded her of that kid from Willy Wonka, the classic version. It was an obscure connection, but that's how Emma's brain worked most of the time. Most people just thought Emma was prefer to addressed the youngest of her friends by an in-formalized surname. No one questioned why she didn't do this with Adele for obvious reasons, they had the same last name, at least as far as anyone here knew. (That coincidence had nothing to with hers and Adele's friendship, she had chosen that name before she'd even met Adele, but that never came up. No one ever asked about Emma's family or where she lived in the same way Emma never insisted on going further than the living room of the Charles residence.) Anyways, Emma was used to her baby sister's little quirks. The fake swearing, Emma thought it made Analise sound like a movie with a restricted rating editing for network television. It bordered on what most would call retarded, but Emma didn't like misusing that word. There was lot about the younger girl that Emma had learned over the course of their friendship to just grin and bare. So when she suddenly felt that guts of window that came with her friend bolting behind her, it was nothing new. But what she said afterward...

Maybe it was because she had a slight testy exchange with Tori? Maybe it was because in that moment her best friend was sounding too much like her parents? There no clear reason behind the amount of anger that came seemingly from nowhere to rush through her. Lectures from Emma were nothing new ether, but usually Emma didn't speak so dryly to Analise. It was not often Emma allowed her voice to have this kind of intimidating tone to it. It was certainly abnormal for Emma to do with when speaking barely above a freaking whisper. ”Is that really how you feel? Charlie would you be saying that if it been a ladybug on your hand?”

Of course Emma could answer her own question. The answer was no. No one would freak and scream for the murder of a ladybug or grasshopper. The answer would always be no, never, and why. Because those things were supposedly lucky or “harmless”. This was more of society's bullshit, something she thought she'd taught Analise to be above. ”The spider's evil because it's a little hairy, rough around the ends, and not equipped to win a beauty contest right? It's scares you so it should be dead? You know, our hair, it's unnaturally color scares some people. Adele's pierced face, hell who I'd rather love, makes lots of people scared. Are you telling me that means we should be crushed by something ten times our size and weight? I didn't think so. For s**t's sake Charlie, please think of yourself before say stupid s**t like that.”

Emma turned back around, when she noticed the door being closed. Apparently Feyja wasn't afraid of spiders, amazing her different people who ran in the same circles could be. Emma had no way of knowing if Tori was afraid of spiders but given her intolerance for anything different, she wouldn't put killing a spider pass that b***h. That wasn't a word Emma liked, but some people fit the word, Tori was one of those people. ”Thanks Feyja,” Emma moved away from Analise to go grab the remainder of things she had brought in with her, not wanting to leave anything out in a place she'd probably never be able to visit again. When her meager possessions were folded neatly and securely in her towel she made her business to catch Adele's attention and tell her that most of them were getting read to leave. Emma assumed that her friends would simply follow her out.

She was eager to get herself over where warm food would be. Thinking of warm food helped her forget at least for the brief moment she was running to the guy's cabin, how extra cold the wind seemed to be making it. ”Morning again Davik, hey Sharif. Tori, Analise, Elena, Fey and the other Fay are coming in a bit. Hope you don't mind being a short order cook this morning...kinda my idea so I don't mind helping, if you want?”

OOC: Finished, Sharif's will be up a a little bit. For logic's sake I think I need to post it before anyone else actually replies to what is happening here at least.

3,825 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Sharif wasn’t the nosey kind. He very much believed that people should keep to their own business. He had been on the other even of inaccurate insinuations for most of his life, so he wasn’t about to go there. It wasn’t as if he needed another reason to dislike himself, he couldn’t in good sense add hypocrite to the growing list. It was a curious statement though. He didn’t really know Davik well enough to refute it. He knew next to nothing of the blind Englishman, except that he was blind, English, and had deep blue hair. It wasn’t appropriate to speak the words that came into his mind. Lyrics from a song from a play he been dragged to see back a couple of years back, “Schadenfreude”…from Avenue Q. He didn’t know why, but he felt a need to remind Davik that he too provides a vital service to society, just not the one that puppets and the caricature of Gary Coleman were referring to. Sharif didn’t get any sort of unhappy vibe from the blind that he could draw from to feel better about himself. Of course, Sharif liked to think of himself of above such things. It wasn’t his place to inquire, so he didn’t bother with that statement at least. Instead he started the seitan to cooking in separate pan as he knew Emma didn’t eat red meat at all.

The second one though, got him to thinking about what he had been finding around the house sense he had been stuck there. It would seem that his parents were as adept at research has he was because to look at the download history of the living room desktop you would swear one of them were preparing dissertation. He had read an interesting article out of Canada that Davik’s comment about death by gun brought to his mind just now. ”There is an unfortunate case of the gun in the mouth method failing. This girl, manic-depressive, bipolar something, shot herself that way. Of course she pointed the gun to roof of her mouth so maybe that had something to do with it. She essentially broke her jaw and gave her a tracheotomy by bullet but survived. I couldn’t imagine a more miserable existence, would you agree? Doesn’t that seem a little selfish on the part of her parents to you?” Sharif questioned, genuinely wanting to know the other’s thoughts on the subject.

Maybe it was wrong him but he couldn’t help but feel his own parents were being more that a little selfish. They were forcing him to life a live at life that obviously didn’t want to. Worse in all of their efforts to protect him, they were only making him further imprisoned. They loved him he knew that but why couldn’t they just focus on the child they had who loved life and let him go to Hell in peace? What an oxymoron. Sharif was already resigned to that fact that where his choice to die on his own terms would lead him, but he’d rather suffer that than be the reason for his family’s struggles. It was almost noble a thing to do. So why didn’t they respect him for that? He was a legal adult at the time, why wasn’t it his decision to live or die? The whole situation made him quite upset, but in front of people outside of The Pact this wasn’t to be shared.

It occurred to him now as he flipped Davik’s egg basket, that he hadn’t said much of anything to the rest of the Pact. That really wasn’t that odd of the thing. They hadn’t spoken much before The Pact was made, but after these failures, he was concerned as its viability. He wasn’t sure why it mattered; he would still try again even if the other five didn’t. Maybe it was that supposed human desire to be a part of group? Not that he’d ever gravitated toward social functions before. Of course, there was not much of anything social about this group really. It didn’t make much sense when he thought about it. Honestly though what it all boiled down to was, the knowledge that there were others made the waiting for the next chance easier. He didn’t know how. He didn’t ask why. He just found some…peace in that knowledge.

His piece of sausage patty was finished now and only now did he realize how large the one he had made for himself actually was. A patty was rarely just shy of the width of the pan it is fried in. Asli must have seriously rushing and his mother must have been majorly distracted. Of course Asli was distracted. As he recalled that day in more pleasant terms, once Asli finished helping in the kitchen, she was free to go pack up for the sleepover one of her new friends was having. It wasn’t anything to big just Asli and the pair of twins she had befriended on her first day of school who now seemed to be at their house every few days. Not that Sharif was complaining, he was glad to his sister able to make friends outside of the online gaming community she frequented. He was proud of her even, it was honestly something he had never expected, but his sister was flourishing in the world that had completely destroyed him. That was another reason why he knew now was the time to go. His sister was a brilliant little person who could obviously look out for herself; she didn’t need the protection of a mostly useless older brother like him, because she knew better than to put herself into dangerous situations he felt. She wouldn’t be a target for types of things he had gone through around her age because she blended in so well, Deaf or not. He made a mental note to text message her when he finished eating to see how her outing had gone.
                                                  The brief moment few moments in his thoughts were long enough for the sausage to be rested.

He cut the abnormally large patty in half and careful placed it on the plate he had made for Davik. He had decided since the other hadn’t specified a preference to fry the egg in middle over medium to be on the side of health and safety. The center ring from the bread had been toasted and placed just to side of the toast egg combination, in such a way Sharif hoped would avoid flavor crossovers. He knew Davik didn’t care, but that was one thing that just so of really bugged him, so he tried to avoid it all times. Sharif was a**l like that. He reached into one of the drawers had retrieved a couple of plastic utensil sets in those little plastic baggies, handing one to Davik.

It was at this moment he noticed a very cold wind come into the room. Oh Emma was back. ”Welcome back Emma, sure there is no problem, there just wash up and get to scrambling these eggs if you don’t mind being sous chef.”

ooc
                                                  Sorry for how long this took. My whole idea changed between last night and six this morning when I woke up. I won’t delay post this much anymore.

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
User Image
♭ Lɪʟʟɪᴀɴ Aɴɴᴇ Aʀᴄʜᴇʀ♬
I can feel your sorrow you won't forgive me,but I know you'll be all right it tears me apart that you will never know but I have to let go
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

Lillian did not want to go back to the cabin. She wanted to stay out here and just play her music since she didn't feel very welcomed in the girls cabin. She had no idea why but there were too many mixed emotions that she felt in the cabin. It seemed that her maternal instincts no matter where she went wanted to kick in. It was hard for her and she didn't like answering questions about her personal life unless she absolutely had too. A sigh escaped her lips as she continued to play the song. Too many thoughts were crossing her mind and she could not grasp a single one.

Her violin felt light compared to the thoughts that were running through her head. She just wanted it all to stop. Closing her eyes tightly she got to the end of the song but decided to play another. Biting her lower lip she began to play Shadows . She felt it was somewhat appropriate for where she was. It was a fun song to play and she even had a little choreography to it. Pursing her lips together she let the background music play with her as she waited for her part to begin again. She looked around to see if there were any shadows of ghosts just for the fun of it. Since they were after all in a Ghost town. Her long curls bounced everywhere even in the hat.

After awhile her hat flew off and her hair went wild and free as she continued to play. The more Lillian played the louder it slowly got for whomever was by her to enjoy. That's all Lillian ever wanted was for people to enjoy her music and think of things that went with the music and nothing else. Her fingers tightened on her violin as she played before she stopped. She took a deep breath and was panting a little. She wasn't all that tired but dancing and playing the violin was a little hard. Sitting down on a rock she went to change her iPod from her background music to her regular music that she enjoyed listening too.

Closing her eyes she held her violin and bow in her hands. Her head bowed as she let the lyrics wash over her. Her mind was slowly becoming a blank canvass and that was what she wanted more than anything else right now. Since she was alone she could go deep within herself almost in a mediation to keep her thoughts straight. No one knew of the internal battles she went through every day. She wasn't perfect and she never claimed that she ever was. Her hair went into her face but she didn't care. When the bus came to pick up the twelve of them she would not be going. A car was coming to pick her up. She did not tell Damian this because he would be mad at her once more for leaving him but she did not have a choice in the matter. She had to go back to England.

A wince escaped her lips since she knew what he had been like when she felt for those two weeks. He was angry at her and told her that she should just stay there. While England was her home so was this place. She had to finish school and deal with everything else that seemed to go on her shoulders. She was getting tired and although she tried not to look it she was ready to break. She did too much for one person to handle but she kept a smile on her face. Taking a shuddery breath she opened her eyes and went to reach for her violin case. She gently placed it in there before bringing her knees up to her chest and hugging them close.

Shirtless OTP

25,015 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Winged 100
User Image
User Image
                                                  When I say out loud
                                                  I want to get out of this
                                                  I wonder is there anything
                                                  I'm going to miss
                                                  I wonder how it's going to be
                                                  When you don't know me
                                                  How's it going to be
                                                  When you're sure I'm not there

Elena wasn't sure what ti make of all of this. There were certainly too many emotions and feelings flying around the room right now that it was making her feel a bit uncomfortable. Sure she had her book and reading was great and all that, but that didn't mean she was immune to their teasing and talking; she did have ears, after all and could here perfectly well what was going on. She didn't want to get anymore in the middle of it than she was. She had already stuck her nose into the situation, and she merely gave Emma a smile in return. She turned her eyes back to her book, allowing the other girls to do what they wanted. It was hard for her to talk and be open with people, especially now after what had happened. It was something that would loom over her head like a dark cloud, something that would always be there and be seen only by her. It wasn't something she wanted to share with other people, so for the time being she would just keep reading.

Books were something that helped to ease the mind, and they were truly the only thing right now that seemed to help her relax. After all, the doctors did say for her to relax while she was out here on the school trip. This might not be what they had had in mind, but it would do for the time being. This particular book was about a world so unlike this one, where magic ruled and the order of a god replaced the old ones. This book was called The Blinding Knife and it was actually the second book in a series. She had torn through the first one, finding that she could not take her eyes off the pages. Still, she could picture the scenes in her mind as if they were real. This world was about Colors. Being able to use magic was called Drafting, where one called ones color to one's own skin and drafted the color out of light. Darkness was not a drafters friend, but even then a drafter was not helpless. Some people were able to draft more than one color at a time; drafting two meant you were a Bichrome, and three or more made you a Polychrome. This whole society was lead by one person called the High Lord Prism. The Prism was able to draft all of the seven colors and had no fear of breaking the halo. Breaking the Halo was a term for a drafter who drafted too much of their color and went insane, or became a wight.

It was really a fascinating story, and she was just getting to the good part-- The Prism just killed his brother. Such a scandal, if only the Prism hadn't been hiding his brother in secret all these years.

Elena heard someone mention food and her attention was pulled from her book. Now that someone mentioned it, she was a little hungry. And she was no longer eating for one. Elena sighed and placed her book mark in her book; she didn't want to lose her page. "Food sounds good," she said quietly with a small, awkward smile. She could do this. She could go to eat breakfast with everyone like it was normal. Even though deep inside she had a feeling that people were talking about her, but she banished that thought for the time being. It was too early to be thinking such things and besides... she needed to figure out why the Prism killed his brother after imprisoning him for sixteen years.

Elena held back a gasp as she watched one of the other girls fall to the floor and complain rather loudly about it being cold. And then about a spider. Spiders really were rather freaky, but Elena had no problem with them so long as they stayed away from her, and were small. The bigger ones always seemed scarier up close. After the few moments of drama were over and others seemed to be ready, Emma lead the way out of the room. Elena grabbed her book and headed outside with them, but she branched off. It was cool outside, but it felt nice after being inside the cabin all morning.

As she sucked in a deep breath, Elena could have sworn she could hear the sound of someone playing the violin. The dark haired girl had closed her eyes and was simply enjoying the sound drifting through the air. The girl opened her eyes and found her self walking-- and taking great care where she walked because of her leg-- until she found the source of the violin. Elena wasn't normally like this, but today would be the exception. Then when the girl was putting away her violin, making it clear that she was done, Elena clapped her hands together, "That was beautiful, what song was that?" she asked Lillian.

(Hope this is okay :3 I kind of got carried away when talking about The Blinding Knife for a moment there.)

How's it going to be
                                                  When there's no one there to talk to
                                                  Between you and me
                                                  Cause I don't care
                                                  How's it going to be, How's it going to be
                                                  Where we used to laugh
                                                  There's a shouting match
                                                  Sharp as a thumbnail scratch
                                                  A silence I can't ignore

Dedicated Loiterer

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Jung Minwoo MMMUser ImageMMM Techie
Standing at an old, abandoned mine with no one feeling calm

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

User Image
                                  What Minwoo hadn't expected, was to find someone else inside the cave. Wasn't it supposed to be abandoned - where there should be only bats, stones and silence? Minwoo arched his brow as the initial shocked from the unexpected voice settled down. He squinted his eyes in the dark, the flashlight providing little help in identifying the figure inside the cave. The brunette lightly scoffed when the person called out to him. 'Who the hell does he think he is?' Minwoo thought, not at all bothered about the seeming threats.

Minwoo took a few steps further into the cave, the torchlight caught onto the figure as he squinted again, before the said person spoke yet again. He blinked when the other seemed to recognize him, and took a few more steps, finally recognizing the person in the cave. Of course he does - who the hell else dresses up like that in this rodeo-like area? Not that Minwoo actually knew his name, but he sure knew him to be in those flashy cliques.

'Wait a minute,' Minwoo thought, doing a double-take when he realised that he did know the person's name. Damian, one of those people that got on the newspaper for all the wrong reasons. Minwoo stiffened, not expecting to meet any of them right when he said he needed a break from that drama, even though it did not directly involve him. Such irony.

He bit back a mean remark that was threatening to spill from his lips, deciding instead upon a slightly more tactful one. "Why, I believe that isn't any of your concern," Minwoo said, the obvious irritation laced in his words. He had always been known as the guy who does not bother to hold back, especially when he wasn't exactly fond of people from that circle.

The brunette took a deep breath, the musky scent rushed through his nose had made Minwoo grimace slightly, but also cleared his thoughts; Minwoo kept silent as he quickly assembled his thoughts and emotions. As much as he dislike them, he disliked the fact that he's being easily distracted and irked just by the their presence. He couldn't even imagine how he's going to be able to face Sharif without feeling awkward. Minwoo shook that though away inwardly - anyone who thought that they could go on as if nothing has happened, or that kind of awkwardness would just disappear is too naive.

Minwoo removed his light from the fellow schoolmate, deciding that he would ignore him, and vice-versa. He hadn't been known as a friendly person by any means, and doubted that the other would be. The cave's huge, he'd find something to do that wouldn't bother the other man. Without saying anymore, he shifted his backpack slightly as he made his way pass the other, paying no heed to the angry flutter above them.

OOC
                                  Hope this is fine! Sorry this took some time, was contemplating how Minwoo would react, and this is my best bet at the moment. :3

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

There was something on Sherriff’s mind. Davik hadn’t been good at reading people when he was young, but in the last few years he’d gotten very good indeed. It came, probably, from paranoia, or from his absolute determination to function as though he could see. He paid attention to every detail, now. There was no such thing as a tense or thick silence, he knew; when people said that, it was because they were feeling tense or thick themselves. Silence was silence, but what was missing verbally was often evident in other ways. The sizzle of whatever was cooking, and the scraping sounds made by the pan being jostled back and forth, told Davik that Sherriff was focusing on the cooking. Normally, in conversation, other actions got relegated to automatic, and were therefore slower. The speed of the sounds meant that the boy wasn’t about to say anything. But there were other little tells, too. Some people shifted their weight a lot while they thought, or made little noises they weren’t aware of. This kid was no different. He was thinking hard about something. After a moment, his patience ran out and he was left just feeling irritated that he’d put his book away for this.

You know,” he drawled, leaning back in his metal folding chair and twining his fingers behind his head, “I’m an unpleasant person. Which means I don’t give a whit if you say unpleasant things to me. Either speak up or I’m going back to my book.” Davik shrugged, which was a little awkward, and reached for his iPod. He waited another minute or so, and then Sherriff came out with a story about a girl who had lived through the bullet through her head. Davik snorted. “Hardly the gun’s fault, though, is it? She’s an idiot if she botched up something as simple as that.” He didn’t bother to point out the stupidity of the logic there. You couldn’t cut open your windpipe with a bullet pointed at the roof of your mouth unless the bullet bounced, and there wasn’t really anything to bounce off of. But whatever. It wasn’t his job to tell people how stupid they were being. Usually, he did it for free.

Then, Sherriff came out with a question which he probably thought would encourage a philosophical discussion. Davik gave him a scathing look in return but played along. “Of course it was selfish. No one really does anything entirely for someone else. Especially parents. Parents are the worst about it. It’s a pretty lie, but it’s still a lie.” Sherriff went back to thinking after that, and Davik turned his book back on in time to listen as Captain Carrot gave Vimes the report of what he’d found in the mine with Sally and Angua. He’d always liked the bit from Angua’s point of view: alone in the dark with her worst enemy, relying on her nose and nearly driven mad by the smells. Having a werewolf’s senses would, Davik thought, be quite handy – but he didn’t dwell on it for too long because, really, what good would that do anyone?

The sizzling and general noises of cookery stopped. A moment later, something landed on the counter near him. When Davik reached out, he found it was a plate. He prodded at the contents with his fingertips. Doubtless, some people would find his eating habits disgusting – putting his hands all over the food and then putting it in his mouth without even blinking – but they could sod off. It hadn’t done him any harm yet, except the time when he’d shoved his finger into a bowl of soup that had been very nearly boiling. His uncle had been mightily impressed with the creativity of his swearing that day. He’d been a bit more careful since then. Today, he found that, though hot, nothing was dangerously so. There was the egg-in-a-basket, and a circle which felt vaguely similar to cardboard which he assumed was the bread cut-out. There was also a huge, semi-circular lump of something he couldn’t identify through touch alone. From the smells in the air, it was most likely breakfast sausage. “Blimey. Fan of breakfast sausages, are we?” Davik poked at it a bit more, feeling for the shape of it. Once he’d finished the investigation, he gave his verdict. “Cheers, mate. Got a fork?” He held out his left hand and, when he felt something plastic, closed his hand with a brief nod. He took a moment to orient the plate and utensil and then stabbed at the sausage lump. If he’d caught the centre, the fork probably would have snapped under its weight. It was just as well he managed to get the edge. He ripped off what felt like a decent-sized bite and shoved it into his mouth. It wasn’t brilliant, actually, and it burned his mouth, but it was edible and Davik had never been one to complain about food.

The door swung open, admitting a cold gust of air and a gaggle of girls. The blind young man turned his attention to them automatically, though he didn’t turn his body or acknowledge them at all. How many? At least three, that much he could tell for sure, but he’d need a few minutes to get more accuracy than that. The one who’d been bunking in here greeted him and asked Sherriff (he’d been right, although she pronounced it strangely) if he minded cooking. He didn’t, as long as she didn’t mind helping out. Davik stood up and moved his metal folding chair as far toward the corner as it would go, then sat down and resumed eating without so much as a change in expression. He paused his book again, too, as Carrot finally wrapped up the report about the mine. If he thought for a second that it was going to stay quiet enough that he could actually hear it, he would have just popped in the other earbud and gone on his merry way. How many people had missed the bus? There was a veritable army of them! He wondered if any of them had any clue.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers