Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ xxx ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ xxx ▆▆▆ xx ▆▆▆▆▆▆

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwho sii|| slytherins, malcolm
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhere || slytherin common room / great hall

xxxI heard he got to try out for the team his second year because his parents had stripped the previous Slytherin keeper of his wand. I’m pretty sure that guy disappeared that same year too,” he could hear a little, blonde first year say.

"Well I heard that he used an Unforgivable Curse on a teacher when she gave him an A on his O.W.L.S. Heard he said ‘acceptable isn’t acceptable’ or something like that,” the first year’s friend said.

Simon sighed. Acceptable isn’t acceptable? That’s the best kids could come up with these days? And he couldn’t become keeper on his own either apparently. How stupid could you get? Honestly… like his parents would waste their time on a bunch of students? Please! They wouldn’t even let him use magic around them until he was out of Hogwarts. He was seventeen so he could use magic whenever he wanted without getting in trouble with his dad’s division but his dad wouldn’t allow it. As proud as he was of their magic, his father didn’t trust his son with even the simplest of spells. Perhaps this was because they found out Simon had a fling with a muggle girl in the beginning of the past summer? Simon wasn’t sure. All he knew was that before, he could apparate anywhere he wanted; after, his parents decided to have a ‘civilized’ (dominating) conversation with him about the new rule of no magic at home until he was out of Hogwarts.

Simon opened his eyes, uncrossed his arms, and sat up on the couch he had been laying across. The common room was dim and dank seeing as it was in the dungeons and underneath the lake. Still, it was quite nice and peaceful for where it was located. Well, most of the time. These first years must have thought he was asleep otherwise they would have made sure to be more careful about swapping rumors. Perhaps they would have distanced themselves a bit more as well so as to make sure they were out of earshot. Who knows, but they certainly jumped when he sat up. He could tell they were trying not to look at him. Simon glanced lazily in their direction and the students that had talked, and even a few of the lower years behind the two first years, scattered. So goes the lonely life of the son of power hungry people. Oh well, he liked being alone.

Standing and stretching, he went into the boys’ dormitory. He entered the room he shared with five other Slytherin seventh year guys. None of them were there and it was actually peaceful. Finally he thought to himself. Simon laid himself down on the bed and crossed his legs, put his arms behind his head, and sighed a relaxed sigh.

Someone rushed into the room. Simon’s eyes shot open. It was his thin, lanky friend Malcolm Reed that had made the ruckus but Malcolm looked like he regretted it almost immediately after seeing the look on Simon’s face.

Two seconds! I couldn’t even have two seconds to myself!” Simon said, frustrated.

Malcolm looked at his friend nervously. “Sorry! I just came to tell you that the cup ceremony thing is right now. We’ll get detention if we don’t get up there.

Simon pondered this thought for a moment. “How much detention?

Malcolm laughed and when he saw Simon wasn’t kidding his laughing died and he coughed, and then swallowed before answering. “I don’t know. I think the headmaster said like a month or something.” Again Simon pondered and Malcolm let out an exasperated, “Simon, I'm leaving without you!

The blonde haired boy rolled his eyes, “alright, alright.

Sitting up, Simon let out another huge sigh. He couldn’t be bothered to go to stupid events like this. He didn’t care who was the Slytherin champion, he didn’t care what house would win, he just… didn’t care. As long as it wasn’t him. The boy only put his name in because his parents nagged him to. Actually they threatened in their ‘civilized’ manner. That’s just how they worked; everything was business to them.

The Slytherin boys left through the entrance to the common room and made their way upstairs toward the Great Hall. They could hear a voice behind them, Professor Mayburry. She was hurrying the laggers into the place of meeting. The boys walked in and sat down at the Slytherin table, near the back of the Great Hall so they could make a run for it when the ceremony was over just as they did for the sorting this year. Everyone around him was in conversation with their friends but he and Malcolm silently observed. The first years from earlier seemed extremely thrilled to be there. Some fifth years were complaining about how they couldn’t put their name in the cup and how they would make a much better candidate than most of the Slytherins around them. When they caught him staring, they quieted and turned toward the front, embarrassed.

Finally the doors to the Great Hall closed and the last teacher was settled in her place. The headmaster rose from his throne-like chair and cleared his throat. “Welcome students,” his voice boomed. Immediately everyone fell silent. A lot of the people by Simon were squirming and squealing with excitement. They wanted to know who their champion would be.

As you already know, we are all gathered here to pick our champions.” There was cheering and he paused and waited a few moments before settling the students down by continuing. “But before we begin I have a few announcements.” Oh great! This was going to be a long night.

On and on the headmaster went with the procedures and warnings of the competition. He wasn’t positive but he was pretty sure he heard something about a ball. Simon had a feeling attendance to that would be required so he wasn’t looking forward to that. When the headmaster finally brought the conversation ‘round, back to the competitors, everyone cheered again. Simon closed his eyes, feeling a headache forming. The headmaster’s voice sort of droned in Simon’s head after a while. Blah blah blah… history of the competition and its champions and then finally, “now I shan’t keep you in suspense any longer. Let us get to the choosing of the champions. Deputy Headmistress Wallace, the cup, if you don’t mind.” A large, elegant goblet was brought out and the crowd oooo’d and ahhh’d and Simon just sat there waiting. He was hungry and tired and ready to just get this over with.

Taku Yuuhi's Significant Otter

Ruthless Combatant

User Image
                          ѕнє ℓινєѕ ιи α fαιяу тαℓє ѕσмєωнєяє тσσ fαя fσя υѕ тσ fιи∂
                          fσяgσттєи тнє тαѕтє αи∂ ѕмєℓℓ σf α ωσяℓ∂ тнαт ѕнє'ѕ ℓєfт вєнιи∂
                          ιт'ѕ αℓℓ αвσυт тнє єχρσѕυяє тнє ℓєиѕ ι тσℓ∂ нєя
                          тнє αиgℓєѕ ωєяє αℓℓ ωяσиg иσω ѕнє'ѕ яιρριиg ωιиgѕ σff σf вυттєяfℓιєѕ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

User Image
                                                      “I don’t care what you say, Gina McFares is the best Beater there is. No one from the bloody Chuddley Cannons can say they’re more talented than she is.”

“Gina McFares couldn’t beat her way out of a wet paper bag, Pen. Just admit the Chuddley Cannons are going to win this upcoming World Cup, and they’re gonna win by stomping all over your Holyhead Harpies.”

Penny gave her old friend Charlie a glare before she spoke once more. “I’ll beat you upside the head if you don’t hush up about your damn Chuddley Cannons.” she warned him. The group of surrounding Gryffindors roared out in laughter, genuinely amused by Penny’s words. She was by most accounts the life of Gryffindor even though she was one of the stranger students at Hogwarts. But most people in Gryffindor didn’t care about that; there was always such an energizing aura about the redhead that sparked life in any dead room and they loved it.

“Yeah, we’ll see about that, Penny.” Charlie chuckled.

Before much else could be said Penny caught sight of Professor Cresswell scurrying into the Great Hall looking frazzled. The professor cast a glance over to Penny (as it was difficult to not be able to find her wild mane in a sea of people) and cast her a hard look before she took her spot at the table with the other professors. It didn’t take long at all before the Headmaster himself stood from his grand chair and his rich voice boomed across the Great Hall.

Silence fell over the large room in a matter of a second or two, and even Penny cast her green eyes up to the man out of respect. He gave mention about picking the champions, and Penny couldn’t help but to cheer out with the rest of the crowd. She took a glance over to the Hufflepuff table and caught sight of her best friend Laney. She gave the dark-haired girl a grin and waved before she focused back on the Headmaster as silence fell upon the Great Hall again.

A few more announcements were made, mostly about the procedure, warnings, rules, and all that boring stuff. At the mention of a Yule Ball however, Penny felt her stomach drop. A ball? No, she didn’t do stuff like that. She didn’t even like wearing skirts and here she’d probably have to wear a gown? No thank you! Sure Penny was a girl, but she didn’t really act like it aside from her irrational fear of spiders. Penny acted more like ‘one of the guys’, and that was probably why she never really had a guy to call her own. Well, that and she never really had an interest in anyone.

All those thoughts were pushed away as there was the sudden roar of cheering and Penny realized that the Deputy Headmistress was bringing out the large goblet. Her eyes were fixated on the elegant piece, her mind racing a mile a minute. This was it! Who would be the four house champions? Would she be one? Oh she could only hope! But she didn’t want to go to the ball! But she could deal with it if it meant adventure, right? But what if it ended up being really lame? It couldn’t be lame! …Right?

“When I call your names, please make your way to the door to my left,” he motioned to where on the far wall there was a humble wooden door. “Where you will have your pictures taken for the Daily Prophet, and where you will also be given further instructions.” The Headmaster smiled over at the Gryffindor table as he took the final step toward the goblet. “And without further ado, I will announce the Gryffindor champion.” The aging man waved his hand over the top of the glowing goblet, and instantly a piece of parchment shot up, burning with a magical blue flame. The paper drifted down to the Headmaster and he caught it easily, unfolding the paper and turning it right-side-up so he could read the name properly.

Penelope held her breath, excitement and anticipation overtaking her. Any and all thoughts of extravagant Yule Balls, gowns, and other such things were gone. The only thing she could even think of was that little piece of parchment.

“Penelope Greengrass!”

The roar of excitement from Gryffindor was ear-splitting, but even that couldn’t snap Penny out of the stupor she was in. There were several people sitting near her that clapped her on the back in a congratulatory manner which in turn seemed to bring Penelope back to reality. Several people ushered her up and out of her seat, and finally the young woman complied.

She clambered off of the bench, her fellow Gryffindors reaching out to pat her on the back as she passed by them. With each step she took Penny seemed to recover, and by the time she reached the end of the table there was a large grin sitting on her pink lips. She was the Gryffindor champion! It was time for her to prove her worth! And her competitive side would get to show through outside of the walls of Quidditch!

The Headmaster shook Penny’s hand as she made her way to the door and began announcing the next house champion, but Penny wasn’t paying much mind. Instead her head was buzzing with this new event. She pushed open the wooden door on the far wall only to be met with a slew of Daily Prophet workers who all congratulated her profusely, ushered her into a chair, and told her to wait until the other champions were announced before they began their picture-taking. Penelope didn’t care; she didn’t care about anything at this point other than the joy she was feeling. So she sat there with a goofy grin on her face, waiting for her three competitors to join her.

User Image() L O C A T I O N The Great Hall; Adjacent room.

() C O M P A N Y Daily Prophet workers.

() O U T F I T Clicky.

Nyki Eve's Husband

Dapper Sex Symbol

User Image

ardrobe: - ₪ -XXXXXXXXXX ocation: The Great Hall, Concealed RoomXXXXXXXXXX ompany: Daily Prophet workers and Penny

═══════════════╡
his is your time.
Ӯour life's flashing before your eyes
nd soon enough
Ӯou will realize,
his is goodbye,
ut what if I gave you a chance?
Ӯou just have to sell your soul!
═══════════════════════════════════╡

XXXXXXXX Impatience twisted its way through the flame haired man's mind. It was far past time for the Headmaster to begin and yet there he was. Twiddling his pretty little thumbs. If a teachers last than punish them, not the mass. While he waited Jasper graced his class mates with glances and looks as he took in his surroundings. His usual group surrounded him as they chattered on about upcoming things in the year. He felt a pair of eyes on him as he turn to find the source. Erikka, hazel eyes locked onto his own blue green. A question sat in the air, silently held in place on the gaze. They sitting directly next to each other, but still a word wasn't spoken. He broke the silence in a voice hardly audible.

"What's wrong?" This was uncharacteristic of the girl, she normally chatted happily with her friends and classmates. Sometimes eve hollering across to the other tables. Yet here she was still as stone and silent as such as well.
"If you-"
"When I.""Get called by the name. You better defeat them all. You better not..." Her voice drifted off as she dropped her gaze to his chest.
"You are unnecessarily concerned. You know me and my skills. I do not foresee much challenge from the trials themselves. My other competitors however, can not be decided until I see them. Though I plan to pass them all."

A soft smile lifted her pale lips as she returned his gaze, There was something in those eyes, Jasper couldn't quite put a label on. But before he could pursue the voice of the headmaster caught his ears. He snapped to attention, all else forgotten as he watched every movement of the Headmaster and drank in every word he uttered. The headmaster rattled on and Jasper sat awaiting the calling of the names. Than as the cup was brought out, a flutter flitted over Jasper's skin. He felt himself calling to the cup, mentally caressing the beauty. This moment was the first in which he would take his steps to his destiny, that is written in the stars. The copper haired man knew he was meant for greatness. He would accept no other than greatness. It was why he pushed himself every waking moment to succeed, to surpass and to eternally remain victorious.

Jasper's eyes glowed with excitement as the first paper erupted from the cup, he stared in awe as if a devotee to a goddess. "Penelope Greengrass!" Recognition flashed as he knew the name. He was actually quite aware of every seventh years name. He had often looked up the girl in class and wondered exactly what went through the unpredictable students mind. Though that pretty much was the extent of their interactions. She baffled his logic and it has since annoyed him since the day they met. He watched the grinning girl make her way to the front and out the door.

'Pity to have to demolish you dear Penny. Though don't worry, I'm sure there are other things you can scoop up your shattered pride with. Perhaps your flying business.' That was something however, that Jasper despised and tried his best to steer clear of, flying. He preferred his feet firmly planted. After the mandatory flight class in First year he did all but snap his broom in half upon passing. The sensation of it all, made him sick to his stomach. If anything was to slow him down from his victory it would be something of that sort. Though he had other ways of working around the flying of broomsticks and their sickening feelings.

A flit-like sound caught the ears of the entranced man as a second piece of paper emerged from the cup. A tingle poked at his heart as he watched the paper be caught and unfolded.
"Now I announce the Ravenclaw Champion." Jasper resisted the urge to stand before called, as he knew it would be him already. The cup called to him and the tingle informed him of such. This was a necessary part of history, in his rise to fulfill his star written destiny. " Jasper Kole! " The earsplitting scream of Erikka echoed around his head. She jumped on him as the rest of his friend patted and cheered. She was so loud it made his brain rattle, it was as if maybe she didn't believe he would be called and is now surprised pleasantly.

A true smile spread across his face as he rose and detached Erikka from his chest. He took long confident strides to the Headmaster, relishing in his cheers and glory.
'This is a key moment in history. Take your pictures people.' He thought to himself, large smile still in place as he shook the hand of the Headmaster and gave a nod to the Teachers behind him. He entered the room as his smile tumbled from his lips. With that moment over it is now time to focus and determine his game strategies. As well as the strategies to overcoming Penny and the other Champions as they arrived. Upon entering the room his eyes were immediately drawn to the grinning Penny. A cool smile lifted his lips as he stepped towards her, brushing past the Daily Prophet working. It was clear where to go and he did not need assistance. He did however offer them small smiles and nods with the occasional thank you at their congratulations. He stood behind one of the chairs and cast a smile down to Penelope.

"Congratulations Penny. Best of luck to you." 'You'll need all there is in the world.' He finished with his thought. Jasper's gaze coasted around the room as he took in the workers around them between stealing glances at Penny. Devising a way to crack into that frazzled brain of hers. It had always stumped him before but know more. He would devise her weakness, exploit them and demolish her strengths. As cold as it may seem, He was not willing to just allow them to surpass him. They had a better chance of Resurrecting a certain Unnamed Wizard. Impatience was trickling through him again as they awaited the next Champion. His blue green gaze locked on the door like heat seeking missiles. Whomever walked through, would be in full view and ready to be dissected as well.

╞═══════════════════════════════════
his feelings amazing I know,
ut, be carefull.
Ӯou know not what you wish for.
ranted life again,
ut now you've cheated death.
here's no where to run,
hen you run from yourself!
╞═══════════════

User Image

ᶲᶜᶜ

Hygienic Lunatic

User Image

User Image
                                                          "You think is? I don't think it'll be that hard to make. I mean the great Harry created it in what? Their second year?" she asked, leaning back in her seat as the Headmaster was making his many announcements. Her attention span was that size of the head of a pin so until he started announcing that champions she wasn't going to pay any mind, it was the same ol' same ol' anyways. Dangerous, blah blah blah not for the weak of heart. "Eh, you're probably right. I have no idea where to get the goods for it anyways. I do have a friend who is pretty sneaky and might be able to get it for me though. Maybe.." she said more to herself than to April her friend.

April began shaking her and she felt her stomach churn still not feeling completely settled after that damn nasty trick of Laura's. She swallowed back a lump in her throat of disgust as she glared at her friend. "Jeeze, what?" she asked, rubbing her stomach under the table. "It's starting! Look!" April squealed pointing at the cup as it started to change colors. She stared at it, a bit of worry in her stomach. Was putting her name in their a mistake? What if she was chosen? What if she died! She shook her head and took in a steady breath. Once Penny's name was announced the great hall exploded in cheers, including herself. She clapped and stuff up ignoring the stares of her own table. "YAY PEN!" she screamed out over the crowd.

The room fell silent again once Penny was out of sight, we all stared upwards as the next name burst out of the cup, this was going to be the Ravenclaw's champion. And soon enough the name of Jasper was called, her eyes went directly to the smug boy he stood up and looked as if he was ready to accept his prize already, she rolled her eyes not impressed. Her eyes focused on his fiery red hair and his attractive face, she groaned under her breath. His smug expression just ruined his attractive features, really? That cocky. She shook her head and clamped a few times for him out of due respect for the house, not him.

Once he was out of sight the Headmaster announced the next house to have their champion was Hufflepuff. She felt that churning in her stomach again, this wasn't due to her illness, oh no, this was due to her worry, her excitement all rolling into a ball and attempting to come out of her mouth. She swallowed back again and cringed at the disgusting sour taste the erupted in her mouth, quickly chugging down a cup of pumpkin juice and watching her cup refill automatically. Her eyes bouncing from professor to professor as they too seemed excited and worried.

"Elaina McClair." it rang out like a boom however in pure shock she sat there, her mouth hung open as the great hall began to cheer again. She blinked and stared up at the headmaster as if still waiting to hear who was chosen. Three minutes had passed and the room was looking over at the Huffle table as no one had risen up yet. She blinked a few more times. Finally April shook her again. "Laney, Laney you're our champion! Gooo." she whispered, pointing up at the Headmaster who was no staring directly at Laney.

Laney shook her head and slowly stood up, again the room erupted in cheers, she finally snapped out of it but due to her embarrassment she ran up the few steps, quickly shook his hand as she eyed her and ran into the back room. Pressing her back against the hard wooden door and heaving in and out until her breath finally found her lungs again. She shook her head and glanced around the large room in aw. For her eyes to fall on Penny who she walked over and stared down at her best friend. "I froze out there." she murmured, mentally smacking herself before her eyes glanced over at the red haired boy. She attempted to flash him a kind smile before her attention was brought back to Penny.

"My Galleons are on you, Pen." she said with a smile before walking over and sitting down, still attempting to get her heart to slow down, her eyes now focused on the door to see who the Slytherin would be. "I'm Laney, by the way." she said, her eyes glancing over at Jasper with another attempt at a smile. Truth be told, she hated smug people so, it wasn't easy for her to pretend she liked him.

Once she felt her nerves calm she pushed herself out of the plush chair and wandered back over to Penny. "I just hope their aren't dragons involved. I can do anything but dragons..." she murmured to her friend while staring at the door, the wait was killing her.
                                                                OOC : N/A

User Image
                                  User Image

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ xxx ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ xxx ▆▆▆ xx ▆▆▆▆▆▆

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwho sii|| penny, jasper, laney, daily prophet workers, headmaster
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhere || great hall / room adjacent to great hall

xxxNames were called and honestly the boy didn’t care. Simon just wanted to head off to bed. The headmaster, as expected by Simon, started with Gryffindor. The cup changed colors and out of it came a piece of paper that drifted to the headmaster. “Penelope Greengrass!” the man exclaimed and the Gryffindor table burst into cheers. Simon knew the girl from quidditch, she was a beater for Gryffindor and a damn good one at that, she stood a chance at winning. Next they moved on to Ravenclaw and as the name was called out he yawned and put his head down on the table. When the cheering from the Ravenclaw table ceased, the headmaster called out the name of the Hufflepuff champion. Simon brought his head up. What was wrong with these people? Why put your name in and risk your neck for some glory? It was ridiculous. Idiots, he thought to himself. Simon then turned over to Malcolm. “What time is it?

Shut up! They are about to announce the Slytherin champion!

The goblet changed colors, shot out a piece of paper again and the headmaster took it in his hands. “And finally, our last champion tonight, from the Slytherin house…” The man unfolded the paper and the Slytherins were sitting at the edge of their seats. Actually, everyone was on the edge of their seats. The suspense was killing them all and Simon just wanted him to announce the damn name so they could just move on already. Seriously, it wasn’t that big a deal.

Your Slytherin champion is… Simon Duvall!” There was a roar from the Slytherin table. No one knew anything about Simon but they were sure as hell psyched to have the badass outcast fighting for them rather than someone like Raymond Foster, the smallest, weakest, mouthiest Slytherin seventh year to ever walk the halls of Hogwarts.

Simon’s and Malcolm’s jaws dropped. “What?!” they both exclaimed at the same time and Simon had a feeling Malcolm wasn’t looking forward to him being the champion. Perhaps Malcolm wanted to be the champion, himself. Simon really didn’t care. Simon? Simon Duvall? A champion? Yeah right! Did he do well in his classes; of course, didn’t everyone do well to some extent in at least some of their classes? Was Simon up for the pressures in competition including his competition? Of course he could handle all of that! Four people? No problem! The whole school feeling like they could talk to him? Not okay.

Malcolm swallowed, holding back the horror in his voice. “It’s you, you’re the champion… you better get up there.” Simon glared at Malcolm for calling him the champion. He wouldn’t ever get used to it. Simon struggled to his feet. He seemed to be stuck until the Slytherin sixth year next to him told him to ‘go.’ He followed orders for once. Some of the Slytherins around him even began patting him on the back, pushing him up to the front.

The headmaster gave him a smile and shook his hand before turning to the students and saying, “now please, enjoy your meal as we get your champions prepared.” Then the old man guided Simon to the door off to the side of the Great Hall.

It was dark in here compared to the candlelit Great Hall. When he walked into the room he caught the Hufflepuff girl saying something about dragons. Simon was not looking forward to this. Damn his pride, it was the only thing keeping him from attempting to pull out.

Smile!” a man from the Daily Prophet said, snapping his picture. Simon now held a blank expression on his face. He didn’t want to show his competitors the horror he felt on the inside. Why him anyway? He should have just let his parents complain or lied to them and told them he put his name in when he really didn’t. This was awful.

While the headmaster was talking to the people from the Daily Prophet, he turned toward the others. Time to meet the competition, he thought to himself. He turned and gave a quick sarcastic smile for the others before looking just bored, the normal look for him. There was another boy, what was his name? Oh he knew this! Jason? Jackson! No… wait… it wasn’t that. Simon could place who it was though, it was that kid that was always getting praises from the professors. Of course he knew Penelope, but the other girl he wasn’t too familiar with. The Slytherins were in a couple of classes with the Hufflepuffs so the two had definitely seen each other before… he just couldn’t place any name to her face.

Taku Yuuhi's Significant Otter

Ruthless Combatant

User Image
                          ѕнє ℓινєѕ ιи α fαιяу тαℓє ѕσмєωнєяє тσσ fαя fσя υѕ тσ fιи∂
                          fσяgσттєи тнє тαѕтє αи∂ ѕмєℓℓ σf α ωσяℓ∂ тнαт ѕнє'ѕ ℓєfт вєнιи∂
                          ιт'ѕ αℓℓ αвσυт тнє єχρσѕυяє тнє ℓєиѕ ι тσℓ∂ нєя
                          тнє αиgℓєѕ ωєяє αℓℓ ωяσиg иσω ѕнє'ѕ яιρριиg ωιиgѕ σff σf вυттєяfℓιєѕ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

User Image
                                                      Every second that passed felt like hours. The Daily Prophet employees were busy setting up their cameras, writing on their little notepads and stealing glances at her like she was a statue at a museum. It would have unnerved her a bit if she wasn’t so distracted by her own thoughts. Who would the other champions be? People she was friendly with? Or perhaps people she didn’t really know? Maybe a mix of both! Penelope wasn’t sure (as, well, how could she be?) but she was certainly keeping herself entertained with the different possibilities.

As if on cue there was a roar of applause from the Great Hall. Apparently Penny had been so lost in thought she hadn’t been listening for the calling of the next champion. Or perhaps it was that Penny wasn’t able to hear the announcement? Either was possible. But what Penny knew for certain was when she saw that next person walk through the door her heart gave an excited jolt. It wasn’t out of recognition or anything like that, but because that person walking through the door symbolized just how real this was. She was a champion. She would be competing against these people, and with any luck she would come out the victor. This was really happening!

Penelope’s mind quickly wandered back to the familiar face that had appeared from the Great Hall. Jasper wasn’t someone Penny particularly paid any amount of mind to. In fact she only knew him by name and, well, by his pompous attitude. She didn’t care for his arrogance, but she could respect his intelligence. For as snobbish as Jasper could be, he really did have the smarts to back it up. It was unfortunate that all that knowledge went straight to his head – literally. But alas, Penny never bothered to worry about such things. He never did anything to directly offend or harm her and until he did she would have no qualms with him.

Jasper tossed her a smile and wished her luck. Though it didn’t feel genuine, Penelope still returned the gesture. “Good luck to you as well.” she said pleasantly. Just because they were competing against one another, Penny saw no use in being rude or uncivil. No matter how competitive she was, manners were always first.

There was another sudden roar of applause from the Great Hall and Penny cursed under her breath. Why did she always miss it?! Was she just not hearing it or was she not paying enough attention to it? It was starting to frustrate her, and she could only hope that she’d be paying enough attention to hear (or at least try to hear) the last person being announced.

“Laney!” The moment the dark-haired girl walked through the door a splitting grin hit Penny’s lips. At the same time both joy and dread hit Penny. She was excited her friend would be able to share this experience with her, but at the same time she wasn’t sure how she felt about the possibilities of being beaten or beating her friend in the competition. She knew Laney wouldn’t mind either way, but Penelope was on the competitive side. She hated losing and despite her carefree nature she wasn’t quite sure how she’d feel about her dear friend possibly giving her a run for her money in such big events.

All of that was pushed away however as Laney admitted she froze up out there. Best Friend Penny replaced Competitive Penny in a heartbeat. “It’s understandable.” Penny told her. She watched as Laney looked to Jasper, almost forgetting the male was in the room. Her green eyes went over to Jasper for a moment before she looked back to Laney. She nearly scoffed at Laney’s next words. “It’s always the underdog who wins these things. I bet you’ll come out the victor, just wait.” A small smirk formed on Penny’s lips as she spoke. She wasn’t exactly kidding around either. Laney might not be the best student in class, but neither was Penny and they both stood good chances of winning. So what if the smartest kid in school was also going against them? Jasper had weaknesses too and though Penny wasn’t about to exploit them, she knew that he’d have to face those weaknesses at some point in the competition.

There was another cheer from the Great Hall and Penny couldn’t help but sigh. She’d missed this champion as well. This face was a strange mixture between friend and stranger. Simon. Penny knew him from Quidditch, and she found she had to respect him. He was one of the better players Hogwarts had to offer and yet he didn’t let it get to his head, at least not from what she saw. She didn’t quite consider him a friend since outside of the Quidditch pitch they had next to no interactions, but she thought he seemed to be halfway decent, at least for a Slytherin. She raised an arm to give Simon a small wave. “‘Lo, Simon.” Penny smiled.

Right after Simon came into the room the Headmaster followed. Penny’s heart gave a jump of excitement. The Daily Prophet people seemed to have their stuff together as they all turned to face the four champions, grins on their faces. The Headmaster also turned to them, a small smile on his lips.

“I’m sure you’re all starving, so we’ll make this quick. We’re going to take a few group pictures of you then you’ll be on your way back to dinner. So if you would, the ladies and gentlemen from the Daily Prophet will take over now.” And with that, the Headmaster was gone.

A middle-aged wizard didn’t hesitate to step forward. He gave them all a quick, professional smile before he cut down to business. “Firstly, congratulations to all of you. Now, ladies if you’d take a seat, gentlemen if you’d kindly stand behind them and we’ll start the photo shoot. With any luck it’ll be quick and painless, and you can be on your way in a few moments.”

Penny, who was the only one already sitting, turned her gaze over to the others. It was quiet for a moment before her stomach gave out a small but audible growl. Her green eyes widened fractionally before a sheepish smile formed on her lips. “Hah. Guess all this excitement made me hungrier than I thought I was. Bloody stomach.” she cursed her stomach before her eyes found Laney. She gave the other a smile as she patted the seat next to her. “Come on then, Laney. The tummy is saying it’s time to eat!” She picked out Laney because, well, she didn’t really know the boys well enough to try and tell them what to do. Last thing she wanted to do was make another enemy if she could help it.

User Image() L O C A T I O N The Great Hall; Adjacent room.

() C O M P A N Y Daily Prophet workers, Laney, Jasper, and Simon.

() O U T F I T Clicky.

Nyki Eve's Husband

Dapper Sex Symbol

User Image

ardrobe: - ₪ -XXXXXXXXXX ocation: The Great Hall, Concealed RoomXXXXXXXXXX ompany: Penny, Elaina, Simon, Headmaster, and Daily Prophet Workers

═══════════════╡
his is your time.
Ӯour life's flashing before your eyes
nd soon enough
Ӯou will realize,
his is goodbye,
ut what if I gave you a chance?
Ӯou just have to sell your soul!
═══════════════════════════════════╡

XXXXXXXX As sea eyes locked onto the dark haired girl who next entered, he resisted the urge to roll his eyes. It wasn't that the man had such a problem with her, he hardly knew her, he just had a problem with how falsely she attempted to be civil to others. Almost as if on cue the girl sent a half smile at Jasper. He simply nodded in return, If she wasn't going to act civil with these fake smiles why bother?If she wanted on screen enemies he could very well provide. With eyes like a hawk, he stared down the girl, twisting plots of how to bring her to her knees in his mind. Oh yes, the man was devious, and he like to plot every step of crushing those in his way. If he couldn't quite smash the crazy haired red head yet. He knew for a fact he could take down the lovely dark haired mistress of Hufflepuff.
"Lets see Elaina, what skeletons do you hold? Not so wonderful in all the dating world if I remember correctly. At least not that I've noticed, from seeing you around campus and in class. Want some on screen sizzle? Fine we'll see how you like this.'

The fire haired man let his eyes slide down her body, a bit obviously for the workers to notice. He could see that one at least definitively noticed, the ebony haired girl's eyes seemed to pop from her head as she tugged out a pad of paper and scribbled into it. Then like it never happened, He resumed his cool stand off-ish posture and returned his gaze to the door while still listening to the girl's chatter. When a key piece of information trickled into his ear he ever smiled ever so slightly in on a twitch of his lips in an upward fashion.
'Dragons hmm? Thank you beautiful. I'll exploit it sufficiently. ' This was almost to easy, if Elaina was going to simply give him everything perhaps she won't even be a problem in the least. She is a Hufflepuff of course, so there were definitively things he could assume. Yet these underdogs aren't always to be counted out. He was unaware yet of what this rich haired girl is capable of. She would require some careful watching. Which he was fully capable of himself. He made habits out of watching and mentally dissecting others. It was probably one of his favorites other than learning and winning.

At the sound of the cheer, he prepared himself for the Slytherin Champion to present them self like a lamb to the slaughter. When the blond man produced himself, he felt no real spell of excitement or joy or sadness or even anger at the one chosen. He knew the man as a stand off much like himself, and what the Slytherin he kept as friends said about the man. Though he didn't believe an ounce of the rumors. He knew the man wasn't to be counted out but weakness may be hard to dig up. He hid himself well, and it would definitively prove a challenge for him to tear the skeletons from this man's closet. Simon he believed the man's name to be, They may have had one interaction if any at all.

Jasper eyed the professor who followed him in and listen to the man before positioning himself behind Elaina. He stood tall with a confident smirk on his face for the photo. Though always scheming this man, he waited till the perfect moment. The moment just before he felt the shutters of the camera about to flash, he slid his hand up and onto Elaina's shoulder, almost daring her to make a scene. It was such a subtle motion, she may not even notice it with all the commotion and excitement. his touch was gentle and hardly there though to any seeing the paper in the morning, it would be noticeable. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the girl who saw him looking at Elaina in such a way earlier. He could almost imagine her face as she ripped the paper out again and scribble. What better drama is there than a secret relationship.

The papers would eat it up, and so would the public. Even better though, he highly doubted Elaina would make an obvious stop, bad publicity that is. Would want to seem enemies on screen. Behind the scenes she can cuss him all she pleases, he'll enjoy it. But out in public, in front of anyone, She would have to hush hush. Jasper didn't plan to be so obvious at first though, just subtle hints, invisible to those not looking for it.

After the flash his had was gone just as abruptly as it appeared, oh the man was good. He knew it as well, he knew his plans were foolproof and ingenious. Any hint of smirk or devious plots gone, he looked to the students around him. For the first time, he felt a small tinge in the pit of his stomach. It was a feeling he was unfamiliar with, something he couldn't even place a finger on it. He didn't waste much thought on the muddled emotion as his attention returned to those in front of him.

"I'm this will be a most interesting experience. Such competitors. I don't believe I said it earlier but Hello Elaina. He switched his eyes from the group to simply her, locking the gems before him in his gaze. Before switching them to the other male. "And Hello Simon. Its a pleasure to share this experience with you all." Having made his polite acknowledgements he turned his eyes to the Headmaster who spoke with a Prophet Worker. Jasper didn't see a point in being rude to them, as formal as his words may have seemed they were genuine. He was grateful to have such a colorful cast of competitors. He disliked easy wins and the boredom of them was unbearable.

╞═══════════════════════════════════
his feelings amazing I know,
ut, be carefull.
Ӯou know not what you wish for.
ranted life again,
ut now you've cheated death.
here's no where to run,
hen you run from yourself!
╞═══════════════

User Image

ᶲᶜᶜ

Hygienic Lunatic

User Image

User Image
                                                          She was glad to see Penny was excited to have her back there. A part of her had been worried, she'd seen how competitive Penny was and was sort of expecting her to shun her during this entire competition. But she wasn't, she had that friendly smile on her face when she entered and even hugged her. It made all those negative worried feelings dissipate. Elaina let out a sigh of relief and turned to glance around the large room again. Her eyes darting over to this Jasper character as he took was checking out the room, flashing her a curious stare as if he was thinking, it kind of took her off guard the way he was now staring at her, she shook her head and returned her attention to Penny. "Really? You think other people would of froze up too?" she asked, crossing one leg over the other as she sat and stared up at Penny.

"Silly, but the underdog isn't usually going against someone as amazing as you, Pen." she commented, smiling at her best friend sincerely. "But thank you. Knowing you believe I even stand a remote of a chance makes me feel a little better. I only put my name in that cup because I was being pressured by my house. Saying how tall I was, and quick.. you know, the normal stuff." Something she had kept to herself was that the Hufflepuff quidditch captain came to her last year, and this year wanting her as a chaser due to her extreme speed and being able to handle a broom with such ease it was as if it became a part of her. Not to mention her ability to think quickly and accurately under pressure. Of course she polity turned down the offer, she wasn't one to be in the spot light or be worried about causing the team to lose. To. Much. Pressure. She didn't even mention this to Penny because she knew Penny would of encouraged her to take it. Probably saying something about it making her less socially awkward. She had minor secrets, secrets that made her out to be a better competitor then people would assume. After all, she was just a Hufflepuff or so they said around the school.

Laney was about to speak again when she noticed a little woman gasp weakly and began to write something. Her eyes directly turned towards the source. It was Jasper gliding his eyes along her body, she felt disgusted all of a sudden, glancing at herself and putting her hands over her body as if to hide it from his eyes. As if he could see right through her, she didn't say anything however, she just turned her deep green eyes away from him, trying to avoid his eyes though impossible she decided if she just didn't acknowledge him she would be fine. She wasn't one to be rude, but something about the way he boasted around the school just annoyed her. She shook her head as the crowd boomed again, she stood up and waited for the Slytherin champion to enter through the doors.

Slow like her entrance she sighed with relief assuming they got held up by nerves too. So I'm not the only one... and than the door opened and entered Simon. She knew him, everyone knew him. Well, not knew him, but knew of him. He was the rumored murder, and such around the school. Stupid rumors too, not once did she ever believe he fried a chicken with his wand than fed it to the first years. She shook her head even remembering that rumor and how stupid it sounded.

Elaina sensed he wasn't pleased to be here, she cocked her head to the side to examine him however she was interrupted by someone from the Prophet about photos. And than a small grumble sound came from Penny who was already ready for this photo shoot to be over so she could clearly eat. As if on que Pen was calling her over. "Coming." she said sweetly as she pranced with her long legs over to Penny and took her assigned seat, smiling towards the camera. Her smile turned to terror as hands began to slide along her shoulders, she grit her teeth to hold the smile. I'm being groped. I can't do anything about it either, we're in front of the cameras. Oh this bloody gloat. Disgusting. she thought to herself, trying to keep her smile intact for the cameras, her eyes darting over to the handsey woman who was quickly writing something on her parchment, this worried her. Dear heavens how she hated being the center of attention.

The shoot was over quicker than she would of thought and the cameras and crew were exiting. She swallowed hard as she quickly stood up and turned around to face Jasper who was now greeting her and Simon. Her eyes narrowed disgustingly on his hands and she crossed her arms. Glancing around at the now empty room other then the four champions. "It isn't going to work, Jasper. You know what I am talking about, no need to call you out on it in front of everyone. Your ego might not be able to handle such things." she said, all the while her voice remaining sweet and friendly, only a hint of bitterness shining through in her words. She took a step back and gave a small bow to Simon and a genuine smile. "Hello Simon, we have dark arts together. Good luck to you." she said sweetly before tugging Penny out of the room towards their large dinner which was just set for them four in another room. "Pen, he is trying something funny. He was like massaging my shoulders. What should I do..." she asked in a mere whisper, taking a seat next to Penny as she watched her goblet fill up with pumpkin juice before chugging it down. She always did this when she was nervous.

She rethought about what she had said to him earlier. Having held it together until all the cameras and reporters had left. But it wasn't like her at all. Usually she just stayed calm, but something about this boy drove her mad. She wanted to do so many things to him but decided she'd leave that pranks to Pen since she was so good at them. Once her goblet refilled again she started to down that as well, it was obvious she was upset and yet, she was still calm, collected and positive. Glancing as the boys walked in, she took a large bite out of a roll to refrain herself from anything else she might regret saying to Jasper. Her deep green eyes staring over at Simon with a kind smile. "Are you alright?" she asked curiously, something about his posture made her feel as if he wished her wasn't here. But than why would he put his name in the goblet. She took another large bite of her bread and turned her attention to Penny who was clearly beaming due to all the excitement.

OOC : Finally! Sorry to keep you all waiting!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces