Welcome to Gaia! ::

interest check~

+1 1 100.0% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

a literate roleplay based on reality television
                                                                                with addiction, romance, and drama thrown in
                                                                                re-created with permission from beautifully untouched
                                                                                currently under construction & accepting
                                                                                graphics & layout done by seremela_tiwele
                                                                                ic || ooc

It's just medicine. It's just medicine. xxx
                                                                                You could still be, what you want to, What you said you were, when I met you. xxx
                                                                                You've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain. But it's disintegrating, from all the medicine. xxx

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs﹕ x

Dear Cast Member,

Welcome, cast members, to San Francisco, California. You all are from across the United States and you all are here for basically the same reason. You’ve all been in a relationship with someone who was/is addicted to something. Things were probably a walk in the park until their addictions came out to play. Some relationships being two years strong, ended two years weak as the one left the other. Addictions are a nasty little thing. No one ever said you had to be addicted to drugs, or alcohol. Oh no, there is many more addictions out there but they all seem to waste away people and relationships. Here in the mansion in San Francisco we have the seven exes. The ones that left their significant other due to their addiction or in some cases some that were left by their addicted exes. All cast members knew that their exes would be joining in the mansion. The dumpers have been in the mansion for a week and a half now and have learned about the others they’ve been living with. All our lovely addicts have been finishing up last minute counseling and treatment for them to go out and brave it in the real world. Most are flying into California and for those who live in California already are heading to the house. It’s up to them to live with the person they love or loved knowing that their addiction made them leave. It’s their first time seeing each other after their breakups. Emotions will most likely run high, and hopefully that’s the only thing high. As tempers flare, and love rekindles the ones with the addictions are going to have their own struggle of being out in the real world again with their used to be lover, hoping that they don’t relapse. The catch to all this? Once they relapse they are asked to leave the house and stay overnight in a hotel and the person they were with decides whether they should go back to rehab, not come back to the mansion at all or give them another chance to be sober and come back to the mansion.

- MTV™ Crew

You could still be, what you want to, What you said you were, when I met you. xxx
                                                                      You've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain. But it's disintegrating, from all the medicine. xxx

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ʀᴜʟᴇs ﹠ ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs﹕ x

GENERAL
                                                                      Obviously, following the Gaia ToS as well as these rules. Romance is going to happen. Time skip when clothes start coming off because those are the rules. Don't god-mod anything, be courteous to your fellow roleplayers in here, and don't start drama outside of the roleplay. I love some good drama in the storyline of roleplays. Outside of that? Not going to deal with it. Fighting is bound to happen - but don't auto-hit or do anything ridiculously stupid like miss every punch that's thrown at you. No one can actually do that. Unless you're like...Chuck Norris or something, but he's not here. Fight, swear, whatever. Just be decent about it.

LITERACY
                                                                      I'll try to keep these short and sweet. This is a literate - advanced literate roleplay and I shouldn't have to explain what that means. I want at least four to five good, decent paragraphs with something for everyone to work from. Your posts can be as long as you want, it doesn't really matter to me. But keep your posts at least four meaty paragraphs in length. If you can get at least 500 words out, that'd be awesome.

COMMITMENT
                                                                      This is a big one for me - I want everyone to post at least once a week. I understand that real life happens and you aren't always able to make a post every few days. Believe me, I totally get that. If something comes up, let me know. But if you can't handle making a commitment to at least posting once a week / staying active in the OOC thread, then do me a favour and don't even bother joining. I'm serious. I don't have a problem kicking people who aren't being active enough in the OOC and in the main thread. I hate to do it, but I will.

CHARACTERS
                                                                      One of my biggest pet peeves for roleplays is when characters don't feel like real people. So, with that in mind, make your characters realistic and not flat - flesh them out! With that said, make sure your characters act appropriately to their given addiction. If you don't know anything about playing a drug addict, then do your research or don't play one. Same goes for the rest of the addicted characters. Addiction, relapse, rehab - make it at least seem like you know what you're talking about. People have flaws and no one is perfect. Stay away from uber depressing back stories and s**t. Bad things happen to people, but don't make them be the most depressive person in the history of ever. You can make their personalities and histories be however you'd like, but stick to the character relationship histories when doing so. For face claims, use models. I'm not a big fan of celebrities, but so long as they aren't uber famous, then whatever. Can't find a face? Try Model Mayhem, Tumblr, Lookbook, etc. It's really not that hard to find a face claim, I promise you. Also, please make your characters look their age.

POSTING
                                                                      I like to see pretty posts and layouts in my roleplays. You don't have to do anything extremely fancy - a simple picture and a name will suffice. Try to throw some semblance of coding in there. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just make them not look boring. It shouldn't be super cluttered or anything... Use font sizes 10-11 because they're nice and neat. There are shops around Gaia that offer posting layouts if you can't make your own - that or I'm sure someone in here might be willing to help you out if you ask.

APPLYING
                                                                      The reserve form and profile code can be found in the OOC thread. I can accept / decline anyone for any reason. Don't get butt-hurt if I don't accept you. There could be a variety of reasons I do so. Do not PM me your reserve, but instead post it in the OOC. Quote me when you do so and include a link to your sample thread. If you don't, I'll just ignore your application. Profiles will be in their own individual test thread, I'll provide base guidelines for the posts within the thread, but for the most part, you can add whatever you'd like to the profile thread, so long as it includes the guidelines provided.

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇs﹕ x

ALCOHOL
                                                                      He's an alcoholic and became a very angry drunk over time.
                                                                      She was supporting his addiction - she was a partier anyway, but didn't drink as much as he did.
                                                                      They were together for two and a half years.
                                                                      After a physical altercation where they put hands on each other, she ended things with him.
                                                                      He has been six months sober.
                                                                      She is open || He is open

DRUGS
                                                                      She's been addicted to cocaine and pills since she was eighteen years old.
                                                                      He'd suspected she was doing drugs, but didn't think it was anything serious.
                                                                      They had been dating for three years.
                                                                      After an overdose that nearly killed her, he left her.
                                                                      She's been in and out of rehab, but has been clear for a year now after relapsing once.
                                                                      She is taken by THEWlND || He is taken by Seremela_Tiwele

GAMBLING
                                                                      He is so deep in debt, he won't ever be able to afford a wedding.
                                                                      She would use half of her paychecks to pay off whatever current debts he had.
                                                                      They were living together until he ended up with so much debt they started losing things in their apartment.
                                                                      She finally got sick of his habits and kicked him out, changing the locks on the doors.
                                                                      He is still working on paying off his debts, but he hasn't gambled in over a year.

SEX
                                                                      He is addicted to sex and has cheated on her over twenty times.
                                                                      She didn't think anything of him ever wanting to constantly have sex.
                                                                      They were together for three and a half years.
                                                                      He ended it because he didn't want to hurt her anymore by cheating.
                                                                      It's rumored that he got one of the girls pregnant - it's neither confirmed or denied.
                                                                      She is taken by elisa is so excite || He is open

SHOPPING
                                                                      She has more maxed-out credit cards than she knows what to do with.
                                                                      He was fed up with all the things she bought and having to pay off all of her credit card bills.
                                                                      They were together for a year and a half before he ended things.
                                                                      After having one of her credit cards declined during a trip, she stole one - she never told anyone.
                                                                      She's become a bit better at spending money and shopping all the time.

WORK
                                                                      He works for his father's law firm and is a massive workaholic.
                                                                      They had recently become engaged when his father promoted him.
                                                                      She became a trophy fiance, being there for office parties, but beyond that he was always in the office.
                                                                      They were together for four years.
                                                                      His father didn't like her and he didn't want to disappoint Daddy Dearest.
                                                                      She is taken by Seremela_Tiwele || He is open

INTERNET
                                                                      She lives for social media and has thousands of followers on twitter, instagram, and youtube.
                                                                      He supported her because it made her happy.
                                                                      She tended to flirt with quite a lot of people over the internet and he didn't like it.
                                                                      They were together for two and a half years.
                                                                      He got fed up and told her he'd leave if she didn't delete everything - she refused.

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs﹕ x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                        bailey ann morgan twenty-two the clumsy gamer firebrick
                                                                        dumped not addicted [ work ] Seremela_Tiwele

well, i was raised by my single mother and my grandmother. i grew up in a pretty loving environment, in a middle-class household in colorado. my mom worked really hard to make sure that my childhood was awesome, and it was, honestly. so, anyway, i grew up, met this really awesome guy in college, and fell in love hard and fast. there's no in-between or slacking in the amount of love i provide with someone i'm in a relationship with. it's all or nothing for me. too bad he couldn't feel the same way about it. i don't doubt that he loved me, just that he didn't love me as much as he probably should have. i'm getting ahead of myself, sorry. his father was a big-shot law firm guy, which was totally cool. except that he didn't like me because i wasn't "good enough" for his son. which was bullshit and it shouldn't have made a difference what-so-ever, but whatever. we dated regardless of his father's wishes and then he proposed and we were going to get married and it was wonderful, no lie. until he pretty much just stopped coming home altogether and spent all of his time at the law office. we were together for four years, he got a promotion, and suddenly i'm expected to sit around the house doing nothing all day for the rest of my life? no thank you. i'm not a trophy and i refuse to be. i was okay with it for a while - it made him happy and i got good at smiling and being friendly and not falling all over myself. but then he decided daddy's wishes were more important than either of our own happiness and he ended it. which is fine with me... our relationship stopped being a relationship. you can only deal with that for so long.

User Image
                                                                        francesca victoria marwick twenty-two the spitfire painter firebrick
                                                                        dumped addicted [ drugs ] THEWlND

most people in my situation try to blame someone else for their fall into drugs - their parents didn’t care, they didn’t even have parents, or maybe they were coping with mental illness, a traumatic experience. me? i don’t have anyone to blame. except myself, of course. my mother was a good woman, if not a bit naïve and, once she realised that i had a problem, unsure of what to do. my father lived in Scotland with my sister. yes, my parents were divorced, but that wasn’t why this started. i had seen divorce a hundred times over, and it made me sad, but it didn’t make me (only five years old at the time) desperate to find something, anything, to make myself feel numb. if anything, i would say i was at the wrong place at the wrong time. it started when i was fourteen, just a freshman wanting to fit in with the cool upperclassmen. it was november when i was offered my first cigarette, and despite how disgusting it was, how much i coughed and hacked, i smoked it. my friends and i passed the burning stick of cancer around, huddled up in a circle… it felt nice. In that moment, these people were my friends, i could have shared my deepest, most intimate secrets with them. but, i didn’t really have any. i wasn’t some pained artist, i was just a girl who wanted to let go for once. i was always the perfect grades, perfect attendance, perfect composure type of girl. for once, i didn’t want to be like that. so, i let my friends introduce me to new vices, and each time i’d find myself wanting more more more. that’s how it always is, that’s how the monster gets you, takes hold of you and keeps you in between its gaping maw. i was addicted to cigarettes by the time i was sixteen. by seventeen, i was skipping class to snort coke off of the girl’s bathroom counter. when i met him, i was a bit strung out, but he made me laugh. he had this smile that i couldn’t forget, and i couldn’t help but think “he’s not so bad,” he wasn’t like the other guys i knew. but i was scared of what he’d think about my addiction, about the things i’d done, so i kept it from him. i realize that was the exact opposite of what i should have done. i should have let him in, but i always held him at a certain distance. i loved him, i don’t want anyone to doubt that, but i lied. i lied so much, and when i took one too many pills and nearly died right in front of him, he still took care of me. that didn’t stop him from leaving me, and i can’t blame him. i was toxic, i wasn’t good for him. i still don’t think i’m good for him, but i’m better now. i just don’t know how long “better” will last.

User Image
                                                                        lynette hope garner twenty-three the ambitious photographer #547980
                                                                        dumped not addicted [ sex ] elisa is so excite

if you're looking for a sob story, i'm sorry but you've come to the wrong girl. i mean, i'm not saying my life isn't tragic, but i'm not saying my whole world came crashing down when everyone around me started dying. no, i mean in the sense that it had its ups and downs but nothing too serious. both my parents are still together, despite having some trouble in the past, and i was an only child up until my younger brother and sister were born. our parents always had to work since we were rather poor, so it was up to me to make sure my little brother and sister had everything they needed. as the oldest, i also had to take up a couple of menial jobs myself in order to take some stress off my parents, both of whom have two jobs. i made sure i did well in school and the same thing goes for my siblings. we're living better now, so that's good. life went rather well, especially when i met the love of my life. it's safe to say he was the first guy that showed any sort of interest in me. i wasn't into the whole dating scene back then until he came along. we started dating and everything was going great. then he started cheating on me. the first time i forgave him and the second time i was starting to lose my trust in him, but we remained together out of hope it will never happen again. boy was i wrong. he has slept with more girls than i can even count. i wanted to get him help since i was still holding onto that belief we could make it work. when it was obvious that was a lost cause, i was going to break things off. when i was about to, he breaks up with me instead. it hurt me that we couldn't make it work, but i moved on. right now i'm trying to start up my career as a professional photographer and i haven't dated a lot since then.

first middle last age (21-29) the adjective noun posting colour
                                                                        the dumper or the dumped? addicted or not? [ addiction here ] username

blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here.

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴄᴀsᴛ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀs﹕ x

harlow roiben crebain twenty-three the easy-going artist #79bd9a
                                                                        dumper not addicted [ drugs ] Seremela_Tiwele

let's see, where should i begin? i was raised by my aunt and her boyfriend while my parents lived and worked in guatemala as part of the peace corps. had a pretty good childhood, can't lie there, and i didn't mind being loaded off onto my aunt as her responsibility. i don't think she minded much, either...at least i hope she didn't. so, anyway, about why i'm here at this place, doing this thing. see, i started dating this girl who was into drugs and that kind of thing. i'll be honest, i was a bit naive and didn't exactly realize that was what she was doing until it was too late. she was good at keeping that stuff separate. i didn't think she did anything heavier or more serious than pot and stuff, you know? but damn was i wrong. i tried not to let it get to me, that she was on this stuff, you know? but...it's hard to have to watch someone you love and care about so much destroy themselves. i didn't realize how serious it was until three and a half years went by with her and she overdosed. i didn't know what to do or anything like that, so i did the only thing i could think of - call 911 and hope for the best. the best wasn't that great, of course. she nearly died that night. i'll be honest, i'm usually totally cool with people doing whatever they want. i'm not the type of person to tell someone what they can and can't do. but after that night - after the girl i loved nearly died from her addiction to shitty drugs, i couldn't take it anymore. i couldn't just stand idly by and watch her slowly kill herself over this addiction. so i left. what else could i do?

first middle last age (21-29) the adjective noun posting colour
                                                                        the dumper or the dumped? addicted or not? [ addiction here ] username

blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here. blurb goes here.

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ﹕ x

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

Dapper Fairy

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff