Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Poster

User Image

User Image

tab Ah, yes. The first day of summer. The twenty-first of June where the weather is promising and leaves of the trees begin to take their colorful bloom. Birds progressively start to wake earlier and indulge in the breeze of a nice wind blow. The sun soon illuminates brighter and brighter as the days go by, causing the weather to easily rise in heat. Mothers soon add sunscreen and sandals to their shopping lists. Fathers mow their front and back yards more frequently in sequence with other means of yard work. Children beg their parents to buy inflatable pools and hook up the sprinklers for their water-bound fun in the sun. Then of course, there are the teenagers and young adults who have just graduated not more than two or so weeks prior to the twenty first and who are already taking advantage of their freedom from schoolwork and lectures. Most often, most teenagers were sen sleeping in to later hours compared to what they were used to. What was once waking around the hours of seven or eight o'clock, now waking around ten or eleven o'clock. Such better hours of sleep to wake up at were often taken advantage of. Especially those who were night owls.

tab Tristian Anthony Pierce had already been awakened around the hours of nine o'clock by a single parent who desired the front yard to be mowed. A single mother who had lived through a divorce which had her fighting for the custody of Tristian and his sister. Tristian himself and his sister both siding with their mother. His father was a recovering alcoholic, but also a businessman who had little to no time to spend on his own wife and kids when it came to his travels and consistency with work. In no way shape or form was the divorce abusive, but it was a divorce which put his mothers income against his fathers in accordance to who could support their kids more. Interestingly enough, the age of eighteen was when a child was no longer dependent on their parents and could choose their own whereabouts to live. In the case between Tristian's mother and father, the court left the decision where to live in Tristian's hands due to him still being in school. Putting his mother who was the manager of a Starbucks in the downtown, busied area of the city against his father who was a wealthy businessman who was always away from home. The decision was clear cut and for Tristian who hardly knew his father, it was an easy choice. His sister, eighteen at the time, also went with their mother.

tab The only fallout of such a decision was no longer having a father in his life due to his father making certain that he wanted to cut indefinite ties with his kids and now ex-wife. The advantage however was a new found relationship between mother, daughter and son which strengthened them as a family and helped to truly keep Tristian's mind at ease. Sure, Tristian always had his own set of looming problems and personal choices he made that he was certain his mother or sister wouldn't approve of. But he was taught in the sense that 'you truly don't know how far you fall until you're flat out on your face at rock bottom. At that point, you truly go from a boy, to a man if you can pick yourself back up and fight off your personal demons to recover who you truly are'. One of his favorite mottos to live by and something that helped him when the times were rough. That, and his love for music. A god given gift to read, understand and write lyrics to his own music in his head while having taken voice training lessons and singing lessons abroad just to further his abilities. With a minor skill in guitars and the understanding of drumming, Tristian had a series of skills he could put to the test. But none as good as his voice.

tab Around the current time of day, Tristian had already mowed the front and back yard and had no need to rake due to the grass catching attachment equipped onto the lawnmower. All he simply had to do was finish mowing and empty the bag once or twice throughout the lawn duties. Other than that, the rest of his outside chores pertained to weed whacking, trimming the hedges, weeding the garden and flower bed, watering the plants and washing both his mother and his car. Simple tasks that took no longer than two or three hours at the max. Plus from years of having done it before, and the right gloves, equipment, tools and know how to complete it all, it was done fairly quick. Already showered up and changed into crisp, clean, comfortable clothes to start the day, Tristian felt a vibration buzz through his right jean pocket. His left hand held onto a Monster Energy can in the flavor of Absolute Zero, but the can was soon set down as he would need two hands to type a response. For anyone who might be awake, I'll be at the coffee cafe for quite some time. Come join me dweebs!. Ah-ha! One of his friends had already sent out a chain text to what looked like a group of other people.

tab The text itself letting everyone know where she would be. The 'she' in question would be the accomplished artist, outgoing, tatted up and always amusing female of the bunch, Juliet. Where as Tristian's major seemed to be in music with a minor in varied instruments, Juliet's was art. Her art was the kind of art that would be seen on a billboard or make the most accomplished graffiti artist blush. Like Tristian, she always had a journal around, mostly her sketchbook, and it was chalked full of artistry gold. Tristian's on the other hand, was front and back covered with individual songs and personal thoughts he put into writing. Sometimes a haiku here. Occasionally a poem there. But otherwise the journal he had on him was essentially years of his life wrote down through lyrics and words. Almost like an anthology of his life in music. No longer needed to do chores anytime soon due to his mother having left for work an hour ago, Tristian felt as if today was going to be a good day to relax and mellow out. If Juliet was inviting everyone out to the coffee shop to hangout, who was he to say no. Plus, with how beautiful it was outside today, who knows what fun the group could get into.

tab Been awake since nine. Orange juice and Monster is the only thing keeping me awake. Coffee sounds like a good bet. See you there soon. Sent. Now that he had pretty much made his RSVP known, Tristian felt it necessary to return to his bedroom and put the necessary things he needed in his pockets while grabbing his small messenger bag backpack. On the way there however, he felt another buzz in his hand which still held onto the phone seeing as he wasn't surprised if his text might get replied to, or someone else would text him for additional chat. This time, it was the equally entertaining, tree loving, peace sharing hippie of the group, Raquel. Her invite to find 'inner peace' was easily understood in his mind as possibly blazing up or catching a bowl. However, neither was truly in his interests. However, he could always go for a nice round of hookah. Responding to Raquel, he'd state just that in his own words. You know me. Weed and bongs aren't my thing. But I could go rounds with a hookah. Especially if there's a smoke shop around here. All the different flavors to choose from and replacing the water in the water jar with either Gatorade or energy drinks. Yum. Now, he could continue getting ready.

User Image

LOCATION | Bedroom (Pierce Household)
                                                        VEHICLE | 2013 Chevy Cruze LS
                                                        ATTIRE | Comfortable
                                                        WITH | No One
                                                        OOC | Gotta' love strong intro posts. Haha.

User Image

Bashful Gekko

*:User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJ U L I E T M A R I E H A R R I S O N
xxxxx B U T N O O N E x E V E R T E L L S Y O U x T H A T F O R E V E R F E E L S L I K E H O M Ex S I T T I N G A L L A L O N E xI N S I D E Y O U R H E A D

xxxx████████████ x ███████████ x ████████████

Juliet smiled as the phone buzzed sporadically on the table. The day was still young. There was a perfect amount of sun light and clouds. It was a bit hot but there was a nice breeze to counteract it thankfully. Juliet sipped some more on her tea before she pulled a cigarette out of her purse and lit up. She never did any drugs...Okay well maybe once or twice, but that was only at Raquel's house when she stayed the night. Anyways, tobacco was her small addiction. Big whoop. There was a higher chance of her not having any cancer related to it anyway. How many people do you actually know have holes in their necks from smoking anyway? None? Exactly. She would be fine.

With a flick of her cancer stick Juliet picked up her small phone and decided to see who actually texted her. "Lets see Ash...Raquel..Tristian..." She read aloud to herself. She stopped and smiled a bit at Tristians text back. She only recently developed a small crush on him around the middle of last year. The fact that they both shared a knack of the arts drove her wild. She had always admired anyone who could write, draw, or create music so easily. Looking at the texts she decided to text back in the order they fell.

To:Ash
                                                  Well for your info I am NOT the dweeb in this wacky group. Just get your people clothes on. You are coming to a COFFEE shop you know?!

Juliet giggled at her sass as she sent it to Ash.

To:Raquel
                                                  Well I hope you find your inner peace faster than I will ever find mine sister!

To:Tristian
                                                  Can't wait to see you! (: And nine o clock! Thats suicide for me. It's the first day of summer you know!

Juliet smiled and set her phone down, sending the messages and taking another drag. Juliet pulled out her sketch book to pass the time and began to sketch out the Wild flowers center piece that sat on the table.
                                                  ([ ooc:Now im jealous I didn't write more in my intro lol ])

User Image

Friendly Friend

5,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Arthur Marcus Danver

The Brainiac

Arthur sighed sitting at his desk. He's been up since six grading papers. He sighed and ran his hands through his brown hair. He knew he had to finish before this after noon and his earl grey tea wasn't keeping him awake. That is until his phone rang.

To:Juliet
I tutored you in math. The only reason you passed was me. Buy me a coffee and we'll call it even

He sent the text then got up and sighed. The boy was 5'4 and not atheltic at all. He had bad asthma so if he even looked at a sport wrong he started wheezing. He wasn't skinny but he had a six pack from working out. After getting undressed, he went to take a shower. After a four minute shower, he got out and got dressed He grabbed his phone and saw he had a new message from Raquel. She was the hippy of the group and she entertained him. She always had remidys from herbs. Being skeptical, Aruther researched and took two classes of herbotology at Yale last spring. She was right with them all.

To:Raquel
I'll have inner peace when kids can start handing there work in on time.
Not just any kids but college kids that have been accepted to Yale.

He sent the text, grabbed his bag and inhaler and walked out. It was time to head to the cafe. He hugged his dad and sister then got onto his scooter and drove off.

outfit

Dedicated Smoker

8,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timely Contributor 100
User Image

User Image

Carter Jasper Harmon
                                                The Party Girl
                                                |clothes|

Carter jumped out of the shower the second the water turned cold, she turned the knob to the off position and grabbed her towel off the ground before stepping out of the tub. She dried herself off thoroughly before slipping clothes on. Once dressed she wrapped her hair up in the towel to make sure the blue that may drip wouldn't get on her Dad's newly installed carpet. She quickly ran across the hall and back into her room, letting her fair fall messily in her face. She turned to her computer desk, surrounded by posters from, movies, video games, animes, and bands tacked onto her wall and her whole ceiling was covered in song lyrics, random ones from every song she loved or from songs which meant something more to her than just a melody with words. Carter grabbed her stash box from ontop of the desk. She sat down and packed a bowl, a little green lighter caught her eyes and she grabbed it, cornering the bowl to make the most out of it. Her bowl was a beautiful two foot clear purple, glass water bong. Her dad bought it for her the day before, when he saw she passed her junior year with no D's. He never approved of her "habits" but she did keep her grades up and managed to keep herself safe besides the numerous health risks drugs can have, so he really couldn't try to force her to stop. As far as he knew it was the drugs that helped her. Which was true, going to school high on a daily basis allowed Carter to focus more on the work. She smiled at the thought of her dad being proud of her. She kept the bong in her lap, as she took hit after hit until it was empty, which for her meant pack another. That one went as fast as the one before, It only took minute or two for the sweet bliss of marijuana to kick in, but once it did her hangover was gone right away, and she was back to her old self.

Carter blow dried her hair in the mirror lying on the floor, which was tasking but worth it to look her best, which she tried to daily. Once her hair was dried and naturally frizzy and wavy she busted out the flat iron setting it to the highest degree, the straightener warmed up instantly and she began fixing the odds and ends. Hair finally finished, Carter dragged her phone from the bed and onto her lap, not wanting to make too much movement until she had to actually step outside of the house. The screen said she had two unread messages, from Raquel and Juliet she opened them up, Juliets first and she nodded her head in silent agreement to the coffee shop idea, coffee sounded glorious at the moment and the thought caused her mouth to water, kind of like how it did whenever a drug was mentioned, mostly pot since it was a daily thing for her to smoke. However the other more "intense" drugs she had a habit of getting rather excited at the thought of as well though it was a less occurring event. Carter pushed the reply button and let her fingers glide across the keypad

To: Juliet
                                                Msg: "Sure thing love, i'll be on my way in a moment"

she pressed send and opened up the other message,
                                                To: Raquel
                                                Msg: "The Vibes are all good over here, you get the message Juliet sent out? If so i'll be seeing you shortly."

She pressed send one last time before closing the phone and continuing to work on her features, cat eyeliner, mascara, a small amount of foundation, and blush. Her daily routine, and then jumped up from her spot on the floor, slipping on her converse she got her purse and items together. Carter walked out of her room closing the door behind her and rushing down the stairs. Her dad sat in the Den reading the newspaper and having his own cup of coffee. "Hey bug, where ya goin'?" His thick southern accent made even rougher by the amount of cigarettes he smoked. Carter stood infront of him, her dad's a rather large man with a beard to match kind of like Willie from duck dynasty but more rock and roll. "Mornin Duck Commander, just headed out to meet up with the friends"Duck commander was due to the resemblance of him to the fellows on Duck Dynasty.""Well be careful, and have fun. Don't get too trashed" he joked. I rolled my eyes and gave him a big hug and moved the hat her wore to cover his bald spot and kissed it before walking out the side door and toward the direction of the coffee shop.

The amount of time it took Carter to get from her house to the Cafe was only five minutes so she made it in good time. She walked into the building and skimmed through the people til she spotted Juliets hair. Walking towards her friend who appeared to be into one of her sketches, she stood beside where she sat, "Miss me?" she joked and she slid into the seat across from her pal. It had only been a day since they saw each other but for some reason things didn't feel right without any of Carters friends around her. She ordered a cinnamon cappuccino, craving something sweet.

User Image

Summery Astronomer

The smell of stale alcohol and smoke was heavy in the air as Luis awoke.

He lay flat on his stomach, arms tangled in the bedsheets. Faint sunlight streamed
                                                through the blinds, and with a groan, he rolled to the other side of the mattress. The
                                                girl beside him was, of course, gone, her side of the bed cold. Luis had expected as
                                                much — if he was to be completely honest, he couldn't even remember her name.

With much effort, he rose to his feet, head still spinning. Fumbling, he reached for his
                                                wallet, flipping through the various bills to ensure that nothing was missing. The night
                                                had not only been a party, but a business venture of sorts, and in only a few hours, Luis
                                                made nearly enough to cover this month's rent. He would have to be more careful next
                                                time. He was lucky, he thought with a sigh of relief, that nothing had been stolen, and
                                                luckier still that the remainder of his stash was still hidden away behind a reinforced safe.

It was too bad, he laughed, that he had no plans to attend college. He would make a
                                                perfect business major (and hell if he didn't already have more experience in his field
                                                than any of those Ivy League ********).

Holding back a yawn, he rolled a blunt, inhaling and watching languidly as smoke curled
                                                out over his lips. His phone vibrated — twice, in rapid succession — but he ignored it, too focused on forming smoke rings. After a moment, however, he paused, a smile rising on
                                                his lips as he read through his messages.

will do, baby girl. i'll be there as soon as i'm human.
                                                To: Raquel
                                                getting enlightened as ******** over here tbh.

With a content sigh, Luis slid on a pair of jeans over last night's boxers. He still looked composed enough to go out — a quick meeting with a toothbrush and a little bit of cologne, and nobody would be able to tell that he rolled out of bed, hungover, a little less than ten minutes ago. Running a hand over his close-cropped hair to ensure that
                                                everything was in order, he grabbed his wallet and keys and closed the door softly behind him.

The interior of the apartment was in disarray — clothes and empty bottles alike lay
                                                strewn across the floor, while the ash tray on the counter overflowed with the remainders
                                                of one too many cigarettes. "Damn it, ma," Luis sighed, his words directed towards
                                                the woman currently curled up on the room's single couch. A lit cigarette still hung
                                                between two of her fingers, and with a troubled sigh, he put it out for her. He was used to
                                                his mother putting in late shifts — she had worked the same diner job since Luis was in
                                                elementary school, and was typically the first to volunteer herself for extra hours. Lately,
                                                however, her work seemed to run later and later, and often, he would find himself waiting
                                                until four or five in the morning for the telltale slam of the front door that would signal
                                                her arrival. He wanted nothing more than to help her, and could only pray that she would
                                                never ask where his extra money was coming from.

Luis rushed downstairs and to his car, and after brief moment of panic when the used
                                                Chevy failed to start, was on his way, arriving at the café before a single song could
                                                finish playing. Stepping onto the sidewalk, he stretched, finally letting out a loud yawn
                                                before joining Juliet and Carter. "How have my favorite girls been?" he asked, a
                                                teasing smile playing on his lips.

User Image

User Image Raquel Marie Nichols.
The hippie

Raquel was somewhat ecstatic that it was the first day of summer and she was already seeing a few of her friends. She knew that usually a few of them met up whenever there was a text. She was still walking along the street, about half way there at that moment. The sweet sounds of the ready set were filling her ears at that moment. She was the kind of girl who liked just about any type of music but if it was soothing or energetic then it was likely one of her favorites. She was pretty much dancing and bobbing along with the music as she walked along. To say she wasn't always in peace with herself and the things around her was a lie. The last time she remembered getting upset was at school when someone tried to pick a fight with her. She got in trouble that day because she just stared at the girl and then turned and just walked out of the school. Then she made her way outside and lit up a special cigarette right in the parking lot and smoked away her aggression. Needless to say the school didn't really appreciate her acting like that there. She had just shrugged as they called her parents, they were most likely doing worse than her when they called. Her mother currently helped the local well she called it herbalist store as she grew medical weed for the county, reason why Raquel always had so much. She had learned how to grow it herself and it was quite easy. Her father was a different kind of herbalist. He maintained their other garden in which he helped prepare food for them, he also helped her mother and was a writer for the paper. He focused on stories related to almost personal interests, it was never anything going on in the world but just like little fact stories and things people might just find interesting.

She adored her family very much, they pretty much made up her life other than her friends. She had no idea what she wanted to do with her life yet, that was still be decided. She was pretty sure that she would probably be 45 and still sitting on the floor having peace circles as they called them. She chewed lightly on her lip as she walked past an old schoolmate that she wasn't really that cool with. She could hear him say hey hippie but she just walked past. She didn't care for that kind of negativity when she had good people and warm coffee waiting for her. She could feel him moving closer and she started to jog away instead. She was not going to tolerate that for the day. It was summer for god sake so she should be even more at peace. She felt her phone buzzing and she checked it to see the texts that she had gotten. The first one was from Tristian about having hookah instead. She had a hookah as well, that was part of her family's night time meeting. Her mom always had to smoke something and find out about everyone's day. It was rather cute to her, she just loved a caring family. She had to smile at his text as she started to respond. If that was his inner peace then she could definitely accommodate that. She thought highly of him, he always seemed to be collected and she adored his music. The next text was from Juliet, she had smoked a few times with her but she wasn't as into weed as she was. She did love hanging out with her though as her creativity always held such positive vibes.

To: Tristian
Well the peace is good then. I have that at my place if you want that offer later tonight. ;D

Inner peace is always there. Even with you. You just shine it sometimes.... ;D

Sometimes she wondered if she was too odd, then she remembered that she was just herself which was truer than half the people in the world already. Coffee was now sounding even better as she was nearing her destination. She was guessing that quite a few of her friends would be showing up which made the perfect group. She heard a little mewing sound as she walked past an ally way and noticed a little orange and black kitten. It was so darling but didn't even appear to be older than two months. She walked over for a moment and bent down, the poor thing looked scared and hungry. She searched in her purse only finding an energy bar and frowned, that wouldn't be good for the kitten. She reached out gently and brushed her hand along the little thing carefully. It was so cute and so little. She felt her phone go off again but she left it along for just the second. She had to pet the kitten one more time before she left. Finally she knew she should go, she had people waiting for her. She checked her phone and saw the other texts before responding. One was from Arthur, definitely one of the smartest guys that she knew. She often tried to have intelligent conversations with him some which she succeeded with and some that left her uncertain but that was okay. She had told him so much about herbs, plant growing and other little nature related facts sense that was what she knew most about. His text made her laugh as she knew that would never happen. Even in college people never turned in anything on time, some people just used it as a party scene.

The next text was from Carter. The girl was a wild card and a party girl but she adored her. She was always someone she could rely on when she wanted to do something others might consider questionable. Besides sometimes smoking competitions were just fun. That was unless you were the one still awake at the end. Her saying the vibes were good though made her smile. She heard another little mew sound as she responded to both of their texts and looked behind her to see the kitten following her slowly. She smiled and stopped a moment to let it catch up. It walked to a few feet behind her and then stopped and sat down and looked up at her cutely with wide eyes. There was just something so endearing about a innocent animal. She couldn't help but pick it up then. She checked her phone again as she continued on walking. Responding to the last text she had which was from Luis. She was pretty content now, the kitten in her arms and herself walking along to see her friends. She would have to either leave the kitten outside or think of something. She ended up placing it in her purse with it still open. Couldn't see the kitten unless you tried and it seemed pretty content oddly enough. Maybe it was because it wasn't being left behind in the cold anymore. Finally she got to the coffee shop and entered looking for her friends. She saw all of them sitting there. "Hey there.... How is everyone". She stood there with a little smile on her face as she watched everyone.

To: Arthur
I may just have to have enough inner peace for us both then.

To: Carter
Keep the vibes rolling. See you soon ;D

To: Luis
Perfect. Nothing better to start a morning.

Ooc: I believe in a world of peace, and sensible shoes.

Oh my I just finished this right before having to get ready to leave for work. Yay for early morning posts. Hope its okay... I'm still half asleep.

Revered Poster

User Image

User Image

tab Emerging from his room with the scent of Acqua Di Gio spritzed against his neck and rubbed over his arms, Tristian also combed his fingers through his hair to nearly give his hair the same scent. His hair at the moment was combed back with it feeling as soft as always due to Tristian's constant brushing throughout the day. Not so much when he was out with his friends due to not wanting to appear obsessed with his hair. But he would brandish his comb once or twice while nearly giving off a 'Fonzie' like feel. While he was in the process of getting his dress shirt on and filling his pockets appropriately, his phone went off a few more times. Twice, to be honest. His guess was as easy as going as to say one text was from Raquel while the other was from Juliet. Those two were the ones who texted him most, it would appear, as his phone wasn't much for ringing off the hook. Texts to his phone were few and far between, but he tied that to the probability that people were probably busy all the time. With it being summer though, the busyness of people would most likely be minimal. Unless of course summer jobs came into play. Which of course in that case, it was more than understandable.

tab Walking over to his bed and sitting on the side of it, Tristian reached over to grab his phone which he tossed by the pillows minutes ago. Unlocking the phone and bringing up the inbox, he was quite right in the means of both text being from both ladies he assumed would text him. The first, he read was from Juliet. Can't wait to see you! (: And nine o clock! That's suicide for me. It's the first day of summer you know!. Tristian smirked. As much as nine o'clock was early for some people, he was used to waking up around then. Being a fan of having a full day to do whatever he wanted as opposed to a whole day due to sleeping in. The extension of more hours gave him time to drive around more, get chores done early, take his sister places if she needed, finish up writing lyrics or just overall playing around with instruments. Hitting the reply button, Tristian would start to tap his fingers against the surface of his cell phone screen to use the full keyboard due to the auto-rotate setting. Ain't no rest for the wicked. Money don't grow on trees! I wish it did. I wonder if I plant a dollar bill or a few quarters in the ground what might happen. I'm kidding, of course. Lol. Sent.

tab What better way to start the day than with a nice little joke hoping to get a smile or laugh from his friend reading it. Next, he'd glance at Raquel's text. Well the peace is good then. I have that at my place if you want that offer later tonight ;D Oh my. A winky face? Tristian raised an eyebrow as the smirk on his face reappeared. He had an inner debate between the real usage of the winky face, and the context of the text with the winky face accompanying it. Nevertheless, he still texted back while keeping his tiny confusion minimal. Count me in! Should we go out and buy new charcoal, or do you have enough for the plate? Also, what about flavors. Do you know of any good smoke shop around here? I've been reading about mixing a few flavors together to make a heavenly mixture. Thank god hookah is the healthy alternative. Gives me the peace of mind and clarity I need to write. My mother and sister would flip if I had one. Thus why our friendship is that much greater. Haha. Sent. Boom. Now, both sent messages were easily on their way to both ladies and now, he could start to get a move on. What the plans were today for everyone though, was a pop fly.

tab Honestly, Tristian was up for anything. He had a few bucks in his wallet that he could donate for munchies if the group were to have a collective hookah stint. Otherwise, Tristian was rather low on sleeping pills and Advil though. Thus, his mind was telling him that he'd have to take up a few more shifts at work to keep up the bank account. He did have a significant amount of money in his bank account already, but it was primarily spent on cell phone bills, helping his mother with groceries and gas for his car to get from here to there. Not to mention, he was responsible for windshield washer fluid, oil changes, tire changes, putting air in his tires, paying for license tags, excetra. He only had so much liberty with living with his mother. Not having to pay rent was a plus. But he still had to pay for everything else. His sister worked as a waitress with his mother, but Tristian wanted something more progressive when it came to a job that he could make a career out of. If his music and song writing fell through, at least he could strike for journalism or being a mechanic. Either way, Tristian was ready to spend his day the right way and soon began to make his way to the front door.

User Image

LOCATION | Bedroom (Pierce Household)
                                                        VEHICLE | 2013 Chevy Cruze LS
                                                        ATTIRE | Comfortable
                                                        WITH | No One
                                                        OOC | Sorry for the wait. Getting a cold/feeling a bit under the weather.

User Image

Gracious Hunter

User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⊰ A e r i c V a u g h n

Aeric was awoken by the sound of his cat scratching at the tent. He scratched his nose and sat up, knocking over an empty beer can in the process. What with the full moon and all, he decided to sleep in the garden and Skype call his British relatives from across the pond. Because of the time difference he'd been up until about 3 am but surprisingly wasn't feeling that tired. Aeric opened the tent flap and let his fluffy grey feline in, it's blue eyes closing as he curled up on the end of the sleeping bag. He ran a hand through his pale blue hair and got up, leaving the tent and walking barefoot into the house, dressed in his boxers and an old T-shirt. He'd sort out the tent later.
His family had a very large house with a high spiked fence so they could afford to leave things unattended. Thieves (in the form of boring classmates) in the past had failed spectacularly to break into his garden for a dare since his parents had been storing fireworks in the shed the previous autumn.
Walking into the open plan kitchen Aeric saw his dad making bacon sandwiches for breakfast in a gaudy 'God save the Queen' apron. The family was half English, his mum being from the US but had spent years living in the UK. She'd met his dad over there and had moved back to the US together twenty two years ago. The product of this was Aeric's slightly odd way of speaking as he had a slightly strange accent, not exactly an American accent or an English one. He also preferred to use English words over American ones unless he knew it would confuse people. The other reason he had retreated to the garden was that his parents had been having another argument about where Punk started. This had resulted, like it usually did with shouting and them shagging madly, and had escaped the house with his laptop in disgust.

Bypassing food for a minute, Aeric jogged up to his room and dressed, coming back down in ripped black jeans and a three quarter sleeved grey top. By this point his mum had come downstairs too dressed in black silk pyjamas, her curly red and orange hair all over the place.
"Morning mam, dad"
"Morning to you too, I see you slept in the tent again", his mum mused, as Alucard the cat wound his way around her ankles as she sat at the table.
"You'll pack the tent up when you get back?" His dad's words were more of a statement than a question.
"'Course I will, the others mentioned something about us meeting up today so I'll be out of your hair." His mum rolled her eyes and pushed Aeric's laptop into the centre of the table as she located her iPad. Both his parents were Web designers, fairly high up in their respective companies and we're spending a fair amount of their time this summer working from home.
Aeric found his high tops and his beloved, heavily graffitied skateboard by the front door and went to pick up his phone and bag from the tent. Walking back into the house he checked his messages before slotting his skateboard through the straps of his backpack.
Two messages, Juliet and Raquel. He smirked and sent his replies whilst fiddling with his piercings.
To Juliet: I'll be there Midnight Queen, speaking of night, did you see the moon last night?

To Raquel: I think you know that I'm not that big on peace ;D
Aeric grinned. Juliet was like the sister he never had as they were both artsy and had a real appreciation for the world which were some of the first things that helped to cement their friendship.
Picking up his bag carefully so that his skateboard wouldn't fall out, Aeric slipped on his bag and headed out the door. He placed his headphones around his neck and selected Def Leppard's' Pour Some Sugar On Me' from his playlist. The cafe wasn't far after all.

O O C And the last slot has been filled.

Timid Wolf

User Image
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

ASH EMMALINE WOLF

The Surfer

There was something surreal, Ash decided as she changed, about not having parents. There were days she still expected her mother to walk through the door, talking about some case she was working on. There were times she swore she heard her mother's voice, normally just as she was on the brink of sleep. But then it hit her that she'd forgotten what her mother's voice sounded like, and sometimes she couldn't even remember what the woman looked like. There was something surreal, Ash thought as she grabbed her car keys, about moving on with her life, about spending her weekends surfing or with her friends when her mother would never have another weekend. Now, she knew she should have been used to it, it would have been four years in April since her mother died... but some days she just couldn't seem to wrap her head around it. This had the making to be one of those days--but no, she just wasn't going to let it be. It was summer, and she wasn't going to be depressed. She absolutely refused. She was going to spend the day doing things she enjoyed, she was going to spend her summer doing things she enjoyed! Well, on days she wasn't working anyway--granted, she even liked her summer job. She was a lifeguard, and sure it wasn't always the most exciting job in the world, but it was definitely better than some of the other things she could have been doing.

So, shaking her head, the brunette walked out to her car and slipped inside. She could have walked to the cafe, but all her surf stuff was in her car and there was always a chance she'd hear about some great waves and want to get there faster. Sure, she wanted to be nicer to the environment, but she was a vegetarian, and she recycled, and her car was a hybrid! Her motorcycle, though? Not so much. But we don't talk about that. Sticking the key in the ignition, Ash headed off to the cafe where her friends would likely be gathering. It took under five minutes, and she parked, climbing out of her car and locking it as she walked inside. "Morning..." The surfer yawned, giving a wave before she ordered a coffee--some cream, and lots of sugar.

[Out Of Concertos: Click the first icon for song, fourth for outfit; sorry about the shortness, my hands are going numb]

User ImageCCXxXCCUser ImageCCXxXCCUser ImageCCXxXCCUser Image

Dedicated Smoker

8,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timely Contributor 100
User Image

User Image

Carter Jasper Harmon
                                                The Party Girl
                                                |clothes|

The coffee smelled of a pastry chef's kitchen, she watched as her friend doodled on the paper when she heard a little bell ring at the mark of the front door being opened, it was Luis. "Hey there sugar," she replied teasingly, "Just got over nursing my hangover, got to love reinforcements." she said with a wink, reinforcements meaning weed. It wasn't always the best idea to talk about smoking loudly. Half the time it didn't matter but the coffee shop was rather quiet compared to busy streets or grocery stores, even the mall. She stirred a spoon around in the cup watching the whipped cream she'd added on the top break up and fall inside, sometimes the little things could be very amusing. She took a gulp from the cup and followed with a refreshing 'ahhh' afterwards. Soon after another friend of hers walked into the shop, Raquel greeted the group with a friendly smile, "Hey there love, I'm pretty good for the moment, could use another pick me up though" she said craving a nicely rolled joint. As Carter thought about pot, she began to think about how the Summer was going to go. 'We need to make this Summer intense as hell! ' she thought to herself, as more thoughts swirled in her head about the Summer. Carter grabbed her purse and pulled out a Marlboro red 100 and lit it taking a small drag and breathing out with the same nice sensation the coffee gave her, smoking was frowned upon by so many people but to her it was a great stress reliever, not like it was worse than anything else she's tried before. She took another hit and exhaled contently, watching the smoke flow up into the air. She looked around at her friends and smiled then drank the last of her cappuccino. Ash walked in as Carter received another cup the group never took too long to gather, once plans were made they were carried out. Which works nicely because everyone got along so well, "Mornin" she replied casually, cigarette hanging at the edge of her lips.

User Image

Bashful Gekko

*:User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJ U L I E T M A R I E H A R R I S O N
xxxxx B U T N O O N E x E V E R T E L L S Y O U x T H A T F O R E V E R F E E L S L I K E H O M Ex S I T T I N G A L L A L O N E xI N S I D E Y O U R H E A D

xxxx████████████ x ███████████ x ████████████

Juliet puffed smoke from her lips as she kept her pencil glued to the page. It took her a couple seconds to realize her phone had gone off. Juliet would always get so caught up in her drawings that the real world didn't always catch her attention. Flicking her cigarette and setting her pencil down she picked up her phone. She looked down to see a rather frustrated like text from Arthur. He was always so caught up in his work that he never had much time to relax.

To:Arthur
                                                  Well no worries, I'll definitely buy you a coffee. You also need a chill pill, will be sure to slip one in that drink of yours. I'M KIDDING. love ya kid!

Sent. Hopefully he took that in a joking manner. It was hard to tell what his feelings and vibes were over text. Looking to the next she saw Carters name. She would've thought she would be the last one to wake up. She began to text her back but only looked up to see the green and blue haired girl walk in. She laughed a bit when she asked if she missed her. "Of course I missed my Carter Baby! It's been a day. Way too long!" She said while laughing. After controlling her small laugh she took a sip of tea. "Oooooo cinnamon cappuccino, sounds like a sweet dream. If only I enjoyed coffee." And that was true. She loved the sweet names of coffee drinks but never liked the actual taste. She was much more of a tea kind of girl.

Juliet felt her phone vibrate beneath her hand and looked to see who it was. Luis' name popped up on her screen. She never agreed with his career choice but she loved him nonetheless. Smiling she started tapping away at he screen.

To:Luis
                                                  Alright baby cakes, see you soon!

She smiled as she sent the text. Juliet looked down to her hand to see the growing ash on her cigarette and flicked it all off. She took one last long drag and dug the reminder of the stub into the provided ash tray, blowing out the cloud of smoke from her lungs. After a few minutes she looked over to see Luis. She smiled at his arrival. "Hey, it's been good. How's my handsome man friend been so far?" She said with a laugh. Looking down yet again she saw a text message from Raquel. She smiled and knew she of course had her inner peace. Peace and happiness was major for Raquel. She was of course more of the hippie of the group. This time she didn't text back. She waited until her good vibes entered the room, which they did very shortly after.

"Hey mellow cadet. How has your morning been so far?" She said with a smile. Shortly after her arrival did her phone buzz again, this time it was Tristian who replied with lyrics.

To:Tristian
                                                  Well you know I've got bills to pay, I've got mouths to feed and aint nothing in this world is for free. Really though, there isn't. I'd appreciate a free refill of my tea right about now lol

Juliet just smiled for a bit since her phone buzzed with a message from Aeric soon after. He was like her brother and she loved him to bits and pieces.

To:Aeric
                                                  HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING AT THE MOON. Aeric it was so pretty! I even fell asleep sketching the damn thing outside! We need to have a little camp out soon. I miss that kinda stuff. Oooooo maybe we can even have a bonfire!

Looking up she watched a groggy Ash walk in. "Awwww Ashy, come sit with me! We'll get you up and running in no time!" Juliet said with a pouty face as she scooted over and patted the seat next to hers.

([ ooc: ])

User Image

Friendly Friend

5,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Arthur Marcus Danver

The Brainiac

As he pulled up to the coffee shop he got the texts back from his two friend. Ignoring them, we went into the coffee shop and waved to his friends and went over. "Morning everyone." he said and sat down, eargerly waiting his coffee. His sat his bag down and tapped his foot. He was overly tired so he was a little hyper. "So that coffee?" he asked with a eager smile. His tea was a little strong this morning. "I need to stay awake. I have been up since six but i went to bed at one, there was a amazing full moon. I sat on my roof with my telescope and explored the galaxy." he smiled. "I had a thermus of tea but i forgot to make it non-caffeinated so i couldn't even sleeeeeep" he said and smiled, pushing up his glasses. As he looked around, he whipped out his book from his class. He was teaching college level trig. He had to write the lesson plan for today and he was already falling behind. "I wish i was a laid back college kid. It sounds nice. Half my students come in hung over." he said, rapidly tapping the pencil on the book

outfit

Timid Wolf

User Image
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

ASH EMMALINE WOLF

The Surfer

Once she'd retrieved her coffee, Ash chuckled quietly and settled next to Juliet. Holding onto her mug like it was a drug that was going to give her life, the brunette took a sip of her drink and decided that, yeah, this stuff was definitely addicting and she should probably stop drinking it. But that was never, ever, going to happen--not even if someone paid her. "Can we all agree that mornings suck?" She yawned again, dragging a hand through her hair, glancing over at Juliet who'd been drawing. "Ugh. You all suck. All of you, talented meanie faces. Making me jealous." Setting her coffee down, Ash crossed her arms over her chest and gave a playful pout.

Because she was mostly joking, she loved her friends, and yes they were all extraordinary, and she was eternally proud of them. But somehow she didn't think she measured up, and maybe it was because her mother had never once told her daughter that she was proud of her. A lot of the things Ash dealt with were 'leftover mommy issues', as she'd often call them, many of which would never be resolved because she'd never really have any closure. She'd never get to ask her mother why she was on her own so much, or why she never felt loved unless she was going above and beyond expectations. She'd never get to understand how a mother wouldn't tell her child that, yeah, she was good at the things she did. She'd never get to understand why what she did wasn't good enough, well, in her mother's eyes anyway. No, she'd never get that closure, but she put on a strong face and made jokes, and pretended she was confident in herself even though she viewed her friends as amazing, and viewed herself as... well, not.

After all, how could she even begin to compete with artists when art could move the soul, how could she measure up to someone who was so incredibly intelligent that they made their teachers jealous? And that wasn't even all of them! Her friends were amazing, and as far as Ash was concerned, she'd never be as good as them. Though, she hoped she'd done a good job of hiding that and none of them knew she was actually serious when she said she was jealous. Keeping her attention on the group, Ash pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin atop them, wrapping her arms around her legs as she did so.

[Out Of Concertos: Click the first icon for song, fourth for outfit; quick post before I head out for a while]

User ImageCCXxXCCUser ImageCCXxXCCUser ImageCCXxXCCUser Image

Gracious Hunter

User ImageUser Image
xxxxx⊰ A e r i c V a u g h n

Aeric sniffed the air as he walked into the coffee shop. Cigarette smoke and coffee. He only smoked in the evenings to relieve stress and would try anything once, but he was well aware of the risks of taking anything too frequently. He planned to live as long as possible and cared about safety as much as he did with taking risks. Aeric didn't mind what other people did though. He'd hate for his friends to develop unfortunate health problems in future but there'd be nothing he could say to stop them. It was their choice after all, so he never voiced much of an opinion beyond trying things in moderation. He walked over to the group's table and dumped his bag and skateboard into an empty spot.
"Mornin' guys and dolls. God I don't get how you guys can smoke in the mornings, but I've probably spent too much time in London, no smoking indoors unless it's your home and all that jazz." Aeric grinned as he ordered a huge Cappuccino-esque concoction that had become his staple coffee from this particular cafe; whipped cream and chocolate-cream over coffee with caramel shots in a huge cup. He carefully carried it over to his seat and took a long drink of his morning beverage before letting out a moan that pornstars would pay good money to learn. He looked up over half lidded eyes and mumbled "I bloody love coffee.." before spooning some of the cream into his mouth.

He turned to Juliet and grinned, having just received her text as he walked in. "In answer to your text, I was camping in the back garden, how could I not notice it? So I knew you'd spot it too. And a bonfire would be great in my garden you know, I have a big tent and another smaller ones. Or if the weather is good we could just bring sleeping bags." Aeric fished around in his bag for a second before pulling out a sketchbook, the one he had most of his paintings in and flipped to an entry of his garden, the tall, metal topped fence posts obscured by the darkness with the large tree to the left of the garden covered in white-gold fairy lights, illuminating the ground and the wild, forest-like leafy plants around the border of the garden. It was in watercolours as usual and he propped it up some distance away from their drinks to avoid the image getting spoiled.

Aeric turned to Ash and smirked. "Everyone has talents, but not all of them are artistic, sometimes they're also physical", here he inclined his head to Ash and pointed his thumb at himself "or mental," he inclined his head to Arthur as he said this."And some people are yet to figure out what they're good at although occasionally it isn't obvious. Although some of us thrive off being unusual and different, if you're not inclined that way then being a genuine person with a good heart matters just as much." He took another steady drink of coffee, licking the cream off like a cat and smiling at the others. Ash's remark had caught his ears as he came in and it reminded him of a conversation he had started with a young guy in the UK. It had actually been a one night stand the previous summer as Aeric didn't give a damn about gender and they had said how they felt incredibly un-special, with Aeric correcting this with the same piece of information. He'd taken Aeric's advice to heart and had both left the encounter with a smile. Guys, gals and whatever someone identified as could be attractive people and the teal haired youth had identified with this years ago. His options were always open.

O O C Shot post because I got a heat rash, which barley happens in Northern Europe and it's driving me mad... DX
User Image

User Image Raquel Marie Nichols.
The hippie

Raquel stood there for a moment after greeting her friends who had shown up so far. She had a rather huge smile big smile on her face at that moment. She just had a feeling that today was going to be amazing no matter what they did. She had weed in her bag anyway, that way she could keep herself mellow throughout the day. That and coffee or tea and she was going to be happy all day no matter what happened. Sure she loved to drink and party too but that wasn't as much her as just kicking back and having a good time with people. She was happy that the few who had turned out had come. It made the day seem almost fairy tale perfect to her at that moment. She was sure that today was going to be epic regardless of what they ended up getting into. It was such a diverse group of people that it was kind of funny. The first one out of the group that greeted her was carter which was good for her. Her comment brought a rather big smile to her face sense she had weed in her bag. "Hello dear, I have a solution for that. Would you like to roll you one". She had done a lot worse in this place before, so she was not scared to do anything there. She was now planning to roll them a nice joint or two for this lovely morning with her friends. She heard another voice and turned around to see Ash had entered, she gave her a tiny little wave. "Good morning".

She had a wide grin on her face still as she greeted her. She could feel her phone vibrating as she was greeting everyone who was already there. She would check it in a moment after she sat down. She felt it would be a bit rude to check it before actually greeting everyone properly. Next to greet her was Juliet. Her comment made her chuckle slightly, she knew it was very true. "Its been filled with peace, happiness, smoke and excitement, how about yours". She felt very at peace with the group that was there. There was nothing they could do or recommend them doing that she would not follow through with. The easiest way to accomplish something was to just live in peace with what was going on at that moment. It made life so much easier, at least in her opinion. She was about to take a seat when Arthur arrived, she gave him a warm smile. "Aww you could've invited me. I could've watched the moon, smoked, and discussed things with you". She kept that comment vague sense usually she would talk about anything when she was in that state. She decided to answer her texts back then.

To: Tristian
I have a bit of charcoal left. Hmm I have raspberry, mint, chocolate, dragons blood, and a kind I tried to self make... its honestly not that good lol It was some energy blend, one for lucid dreams, and mint.... it ended up tasting like energy drink mixed with dirt and peanut butter... I know a great place that's about two miles from my place... We could definitely go there later if you would like. I'm all for reading some writing later if you'd like. I love our friendship ;D

To: Aeric
Well I have enough peace for us both if you can share some rebellion and adventure sometime.

She probably needed to stop the winky faces but she just couldn't with him for some reason. Oh well, it was kind of nice to just have that kind of friendship with someone. She hoped he was going to be showing up for coffee soon. Aeric was a very interesting guy. She loved how free spirited he could be as well. He just tended to go about it in a different way than she did. She sat down at the table and sat at the edge so she could either move over for someone or she could get up in a moment if she needed a second. She was pulling out her stuff to roll a joint as she ordered herself a white chocolate raspberry mocha. That was one of her favorite things to drink. She heard what Ash was saying and just gave her a little grin. "Well dear we make our own lifes and destiny. God I would love to be able to have some of the athletic abilities that you have. But then I would have to give up some of my peace time... and then I forget about it again. I would rather just be in harmony with the world. Maybe a hike in the forest instead". She hoped that made sense but she wasn't really sure what she would think of it. She just hoped it cheered her up. Aeric had arrived and she gave him a warm smile as she was rolling the joint. "Camping sounds fun, did you have a good time". She'd probably sleep in the back yard that night just to be able to watch the stars now.

Raquel
Ooc: I believe in a world of peace, and sensible shoes.

((Sorry about the delay. Had a friends wedding and bar hopping twice this weekend >< ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff