Welcome to Gaia! ::

OPEN
THIS POST WILL BE PRETTIED UP ONCE I HAVE TIME

THE 100 HAVE MADE IT TO THE SURFACE, BUT NOT WITHOUT CASUALTIES.
              3 PEOPLE ARE GONE AFTER THEY THOUGHT TAKING THEIR HARNESSES
              OFF WAS A GOOD IDEA. A NUMBER OF PEOPLE ARE LEFT INJURED DUE
              TO THE 3 FLYING AROUND WHILE IMPACTING THE EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE.

THEY SHOULDN'T BE FOOLING AROUND AND SOCIALIZING. ONE GROUP
              NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REACH MT. WEATHER. AND THE OTHER
              NEEDS TO START SETTING UP CAMP BEFORE NIGHT FALL.

ITS SEPTEMBER 21. THE SKY IS CLEAR WITH NOT A RAIN CLOUD IN SIGHT.
              ITS 2:00PM SO THEY NEED TO GET TO WORK. .

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

tab tab tab tab
                        TELL THE SWINE, WE WILL MAKE IT OUT ALIVE
                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab S I N G xT O x M E xA B O U T x T H E x E N D x O Fx T H E xW O R L D tab E N D xO F x T H E S E x H A M M E R S x A N D x N E E D L E S x F O R x Y O U
                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ARISE AND BE ALL THAT YOU DREAMED!
                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab >xA R I S E xA N Dx B E xA L Lx T H A Tx Y O U xD R E A M E D

User Image
                                                                  For the first time in a hundred years, humanity has managed to set foot back on Earth - and the first thing I do the moment the doors hiss open is stagger out, and fall into the nearest bush.

It scrapes at my skin and ribs but I don't care. I roll myself out, getting onto my kneels, and lean over it. It feels like with each pulse of my heart the entire world throbs and spins with it. My legs feel like jelly. My head hurts. Ears ringing. My eyes water and each time I blink I can't stop the tears from dropping into the soil.

Blood runs over my hand. Lines of red working its way around my wrists, drops mixing in with deep brown and green and grey. All of the sudden there's a noise; something low and pitiful and for a second I rip my eyes from the ground. The green ground that sloped downward into a cluster of bushes and then further down, toward something else - maybe a river? - and flat grey rocks and wood. The sky wide and blue (has anyone ever seen a blue that beautiful before?). Sunlight streaming in from the treetops above, gold and thin, warm on the back of my head and neck and sore back. I can hear what I've only heard on recordings and in class; birds. Birds actually singing.

I didn't even know birds still existed until now.

This was what people saw. Before the wars, before the bombings and before the fact that humanity was shuttled off into space. Space, with it's constant blackness and silence. The Ark caught in anti-gravity.

This was what people saw.

This is where humanity belongs.

On Earth. Here. Right where I'm kneeling, on this soil. This is where we belong.

Pain rushes up my skull, spreading through my face, and all of the sudden it's like my brain remembers that hey, you goddamned idiot, you're still bleeding!

I groan, carefully pinching my nose - this time the pain firing through my head so sharp I could practically see bolts of white across my vision.

"[******** me and all the damned constellations.
                                                                  "

All it takes is three assholes out to ruin it for everybody else. Unbuckling their harnesses as we left the Ark. I don't know when it happened or how it happened, but one of them hit me in the face. BOOM - no mercy, no warning; just full on knee. I know that much. l I saw was red and white and I think I shoved them back. I can't really remember. I just knew that there was blood running from my nose and I bent forward, trying to stop the flow of it -- before something else hit me upside the head. Maybe it was a foot or a shoe or an elbow or something.

Nobody enters the damn gravitational pull of another planet easily -- it's not like switching from anti-gravity to gravity in some playroom when you're a kid. How stupid do you have to be to take off your harness while you're in the middle of space? For ******** sake, they strapped us in for a reason - you would think that they'd be smart enough to realize that.

Anger bubbles in the pit of my stomach and I take in deep, slow breaths -- in, and out; in, and out -- waiting for the pressure at the back of my skull to ease up. Somewhere in the background, I can hear voices; people talking, about what - I can't really tell.

I can't stop the bleeding. My head won't stop ringing.

the hundred post summary
                                                                  just trying to hang something up here on the thread since it's taking a while. :'U
                                                                  Anyone want to help this guy and his head/nose injury, go on and do it if you wanna. c:

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
User Image

zadie quentin

────────────

THE PRIVILEGED THIEF

I had thought that there might be some dramatic hush as we entered the atmosphere of Earth- the old world, the abandoned world. Instead, there was just a lot of screaming and inventive cursing as the idiots who decided to unbuckle themselves got taken for what was probably the ride of their lives. But there's quiet now, when the doors hiss their way open. I see golden light and I don't even care that I'm sore and aching and that I'm pretty sure my harness almost came loose as we landed- I wriggle out of it and stumble towards the light like I'm drunk. Unless I'm dead, Earth is just outside. Maybe the air is toxic, maybe the sunlight will burn me to a crisp, but who cares? I... may be slightly hysterical right now. If we die, we die, right? Staying inside won't save me. I trip, steady myself, and step out.

The air is cooler and crisper than I expected. I suck in a shaky breath, then another one, then another and my knees shake as I wobble there, standing in what has to be grass that seems so green it's blinding. My eyes hurt, and I don't dare even look up at the sky, in case I go blind. But it's blue- I can tell that much, not the endless, velvet black of space. The grass is long, not neat and kept looking, like in all the pictures I ever saw. And it's loud. Everything rustles and shakes and there's chirping in the distance and the rush of something that sounds almost like a generator, but I know it's not- because of a breeze, I realize, as it prickles my skin. Breeze. Natural air flow, not artificial. I'm still staring at the ground, and I shield my eyes as I look around. Bright. Moving. Noisy. Colorful. Trees and grass and bushes and dirt. Mostly green and brown, some shades of other vibrant colors in wildflowers and even what has to be a bird as it flies by in my peripheral vision. And deep red. Oh. Blood. But not mine- I'm lucky, like I used to be when I was little, before I got caught; lucky little Zadie Quentin, with her councilman daddy and her silver tongue- I'm not bleeding. I'm bruised and shaken and sort of feel like I'm about to be sick everywhere, but it's not my blood.

It's his. Bush boy. I dunno if I recognize him from the Ark or not, and who even cares now, though I know that'll probably be all anyone cares about, who did what to who. Hopefully I can manage to convince anyone who tries anything with me that I was actually locked up for a violent murder, instead of just stealing stuff. Maybe I should act crazed and unstable. But then I might just get put down like a dog. I don't know them, any of them, not really. Who knows what anyone will do. But bush boy is bleeding everywhere and I cringe, not so much out of sympathy but because that's a lot of blood for a nose bleed. He looks somewhat out of it. "Hey," I say, not really yelling, but definitely louder than I intended. "That looks bad. You should probably hold it closed." I know I'm stating the obvious, but I'm hardly a doctor, and the last thing I need is someone else's blood all over me within mere minutes of setting foot on Earth. "I dunno if there's a medical kit back in there... maybe someone knows about that s**t." Come on. At least one person here has to have been locked up for like, botched surgery or human experimentation, right? We should have at least one mad doctor, by my reckoning. I glance around. My eyes still hurt like hell, and I want to sit down, but at the same time, feel like I should keep standing, present a strong front from the beginning. I may be stuck with a bunch of low lives, but I'm not going to be that prissy b***h everyone will hate.

THE ONLY LOVE I'VE EVER KNOWN

─────────────

the only soul I ever saved

Yoh 3 G G Bert's Husband

Anxious Bunny

User Image

User Image
                                            It was funny, really, that a lieutenant came to speak with me before they sent us all off. The Council must have known it would have taken convincing, and even as a prisoner, I guess I’m still of use. Who else in the prison block had medical training? Who else, given the chance to be free, would insist on seeing their floatation date instead? I was bored in that cell and had accepted my death to come, but Earth made me curious enough. … I suppose the real reason though, and I doubt I’ll admit it, is that I fear for those sent to the ground. We’re all of bunch of children-- even myself, though matured-- and children without authority, especially in a large number, is and will never be a good idea.

Example: three unharnessed idiots.

I’ll admit, I probably could have made more of an effort to get them back in their seats. With others scolding them and warning them of exactly what would happen I figured it would be a waste of breath. And on an expedition like this, maybe we don’t need… well, I’m going to call it natural selection at work.

Luckily enough, when gravity took over I was not hit by the bodies, though I did take note that a few were. My first priority when we landed was to take at least one medical kit. My second priority was to make it outside.

When the door opened and we were greeted by air so crisp and fresh I nearly choked. It was… so incredibly impossible to describe, but glorious in every way. The sky was bright and blue, the trees and grass were a shade a green I’d never seen before. Stepping on land was surreal in every way. I found it hard to believe it was my boot on the ground or that this entire thing wasn’t some elaborate simulation we had all been subjected to.

I take in a deep breath, close my eyes and let the sunlight warm what bits of skin it can reach. Only a pained groan distracts me, and my hand tightens on the medkit reflexibly. Still, I stay for a moment longer. Their injury can wait for just a moment.

Someone asks about a medical kit and I take that as my cue, swinging around to face the direction I heard the groan come from. There’s blood all over his face but he doesn’t seem to be in immediate danger. I nod as I move by the girl speaking with him. “Put your hand down,” I say, and I take a closer look at his nose. It’s still in place, just bruised. Possibly a fracture, but nothing that won’t heal easily. At least, that’s what I can tell at first glance. I’m not sure this boy knows what I know, so sticking my hands in his face and up his nose doesn’t sound like a fun idea.

Then again, he looks disoriented, so I try to gesture him to sit. “Sit here and let me look closer. One of the bodies hit you?” It wasn’t really a question; I knew the answer and so did everyone else. Asking was just a trick a nurse taught me. Distracting your patient makes things easier at times, she told me.

“You’re fine,” I say after further inspection. “Your nose isn’t broken, just banged up. The bleeding will stop soon but you’ll have to hold something to it.” There had to be rags or loose cloth somewhere. “If you’re dizzy or in too much pain you need to stay seated. If not, go ahead and get up.” He should get up. Being injured before the adventure even starts won’t make him look very good. And I’m not mentioning that I have painkillers on me. We shouldn’t use them unless absolutely necessary. I’m finished with him, so I turn back to the girl. “Are you alright?”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff