Welcome to Gaia! ::

Joining?

( +1 ) 0.72222222222222 72.2% [ 13 ]
golddd 0.27777777777778 27.8% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
1 2 >

Summery Astronomer

tab tab tab tab User Image
                                                  ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅

tab tab tab SOON IT WILL BE tab tab OVER AND BURIED tab tab WITH OUR PAST
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Summery Astronomer

▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅

• It's unknown, how Panem was first established, though we are aware that some sort of world changing event occurred in the past, forever reshaping the world, more specifically North America. Here, thirteen districts were created, each one specializing in its own particular industry. These districts are controlled by the President, who resides in a place called the Capitol. The Capitol is bathed in riches and luxury, easily taking the outcome of each districts hard labor to produce their sacred materials. Naturally, the selfish actions of the Capitol citizens enraged the districts, so it was no surprise when they were quick to rise up in a full scale rebellion. During this time, the Capitol sent out their own warriors, known as peacekeepers, to keep the rebellion in check. However, no peace would be had. Instead, the end of the rebellion came with the complete annihilation of district thirteen, leaving only twelve districts standing in the aftermath of a bloody rebellion. This period of time was known as the dark days.

In repentance for the rebellion, the Capitol decided to create the Hunger Games, an event where two children, a boy and a girl from each district, to be sent off to the Capitol to battle one another to the death. The tributes, as they were called, would be sent into an arena of the Capitol's making, and the event would be televised so that the districts could watch their own children fight for survival. As time went on, it became widely popular in the Capitol, and something that the citizens looked forward to each year. With time, the games only became more and more twisted with every year that passed. Gamemakers were always on the war path, trying to find the perfect chaos to unleash on the unlucky tributes forced to compete in the games.

A second rebellion was sparked when the infamous Katniss Everdeen volunteered to compete in the games in the place of her twelve year old sister. She was a force to be reckoned with after that, blazing down the avenue in her chariot on fire, and calling compassion to her and Peeta's tragic love story. She warmed the hearts of the Capitol while she was in the arena, mourning over the death of Rue, and reuniting with Peeta to win together. However, the death of Rue, and how it was handled sparked a full out rebellion in district eleven, which spread to a few other districts shortly after. Her stunt with Peeta Mellark and the nightlock berries were enough to get them both out of the games alive, but they quickly became the targets of President Snow's outrage. Both Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen never made it home. Instead of the typical victory interview, they were both forced onto the stage and given nightlock berries to consume. President Snow would not give them the chance to redeem themselves, or to even attempt calming down the districts in their victory tours. Haymitch Abernathy and Cinna were also publicly executed for consorting with rebels. Once the two beacons of hope died for all to see, those participating in the rebellion in their own districts were executed, and things were set back as how they were meant to be. Oppression and poverty for all.

The 3rd Quarter Quell did not consist of sending previous victors into the arena, instead it required that family of previous victors would be sent into the games. Primrose Everdeen was called that year, and she died in the arena. With all hopes of a rebellion snuffed out, as far as the Capitol knows, another reaping has come to pass and this year marks the 100th Annual Hunger Games. There will be double the tributes, with two of them being former victors (with the exception of district twelve who will have four new tributes). There's also the new arrival of President Pleione Whishart, who is even more wicked than President Snow, who tragically died peacefully in his bedchambers surrounded by loved ones from sudden illness. It was a sad day for the Capitol, and a happy one for the districts, though the woman who replaced him is ten times worse than he could ever be.

However, despite how cruel this woman was, she knew when to acknowledge when the districts were behaving. In honor of rebellion being smothered completely, the Capitol has decided to allow, from here on out, that two victors be victorious.

Summery Astronomer

• general
                                                                    Follow gaia terms of service. Don't know why I have to tell you this since you should already know what they are, but some people violate them so much I might as well remind you to go back and read them. There will be no sex scenes of any kind, and if you must stoop down to that then do a time skip. Also, no scenes with any sort of sexual abuse. It's just not right, folks, so please don't try to romanticize it. Thanks. If I see that you've disobeyed this, you're out. As far as gory, bloody violence goes, it's kind of expected with a roleplay with this, seeing as it's the hunger games and all. Please respect your fellow roleplayers, and be kind to one another. I will not tolerate someone with a bad attitude. We're here to have fun, am I right?

literacy
                                                                    First of all, I accept both first and third person writing. In fact, I usually write in first, but you're welcome to write however you'd like. As far as length goes, I do not want anyone to feel pressured to pump out 8+ paragraphs per post. However, I'd like to see a minimum of at least 200 words, or two chunky paragraphs. Apart from that, write however much you feel like writing. I expect you all to have proper grammar and the ability to form coherent sentences. I love details and being able to see your character develop and grow. I like to see that you can move the story forward without it being too choppy and sudden. Despite my leniency, I'll require samples when you send in your reserves so I can check out what you can do.

posting
                                                                    In terms of your layout fanciness, I only require a name and their picture, but make it look neat and uncluttered. It doesn't have to be anything super fancy, but I will never say no to a pretty layout. I love pretty graphics, but again, it's not required. I really don't want you guys to put off posting because you have a fancy layout in the works. Use a temporary layout if your graphic isn't ready by the time the roleplay opens just so you don't keep other people waiting on you. I don't want to see blinding colors, sparkly gifs, or blurry page stretchers. Don't clutter it up with little icons, and please use a font size of 10 or 11. When you post, I expect to see an area in your layout that shows your characters stats. HEALTH, HUNGER, THIRST, LOCATION, and INVENTORY are required to be somewhere in your layout, and I'll ask you to add them if I see that you've forgotten. Feel free to add anything else to that list such as who your character is with or what they're currently feeling. It's up to you on the extra stuff. I find that including these makes it much easier for everyone to keep track of one another. Don't forget to update your stats, and no cheating with them either. I'll be keeping a close eye on these. Chances are that I'll be writing in first. I expect at least 2-3 posts per week, and please let me know if you're going to disappear on us for a few days, or if you are dropping out of the roleplay. I will not be upset with you for dropping out at any point, just let me know so we're not left hanging.

characters
                                                                    Yay, this is my favorite section of the rules. All sexualities are allowed here, but let's try to keep it diverse and realistic. And speaking of diversity, I love seeing characters with different ethnic backgrounds. Please don't use anyone too overly famous as a face claim like Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, 1D Guys, Emily Rudd, Susan Coffey, Franscisco Lachowski and Kerti Pahk. They're so overused and I'm just sick of seeing them everywhere. If you're unsure of who is too popular, just ask and I'll let you know. Also, no scene/emo/goth pictures at all. I hate them and they make roleplays look tacky, and I don't think they really fit into the world of Panem. Also, give me some cool names! I swear, if I see a stupid generic name such as Sarah or Jack, I'll fly away forever, but in less extreme cases, I'll simply ask you to change it. The Hunger Games is famous for their original names, so don't be afraid to come up with something cool. I don't want any of our characters being descendants of characters in the book, so don't do that. You're allowed to have two characters, but they cannot all be the same gender. Doubling is PREFERRED. Also, no canon characters, or any characters that are related to the canons. For victors, I'd love some variety in ages. Don't be afraid to make a forty or even eighty year old former victor. That'd be awesome cx If you apply for a character from a career district, I will only be accepting those who are similar to the careers in the novels such as Cato, Clove, Enobaria, etc. We need some career antagonists.

deaths and fighting
                                                                    Characters will die. Be prepared for the possibility of it happening, and do not give me a hard time if that happens. This is the Hunger Games, and there is only one survivor, or in this case, two. Most of the characters will be dead by the end of the roleplay. The use of a number generator will be used for this. There will be systems and stats to keep up with, but rest assured, I am here to explain anything that might confuse you. I promise that everything you learn here will be easy and simple. Please, please, please don't be afraid to ask me questions when you don't understand something.

reserves and profiles
                                                                    Don't, don't, don't use stretchy, blurred pictures in your reserves, profiles, or in your post layouts. They drive me absolutely nuts. If you struggle with re-sizing and cropping, just let me know and I'll be happy to do it for you. High Quality Pictures Only! Also, if you'd like help on finding someone to use as a fc, I'd be happy to give a few suggestions. To reserve a character you must go to the applications thread and fill out the specified coding, and then you will post it right there. Don't post your reserve in the ooc, or do not send me a PM with your reserve. You may reserve more than one character at a time. Once I've accepted you, I'll let you know that you can generate items for your character. As for profiles, please fill them out and pm them to me within 48 hours. Once they're approved I'll have you post the profile in the profile thread, which is where you'll find the code.

Summery Astronomer

User Image

• former victors

User Image User Image User Image User Image
              User Image User Image User Image

SØREN DINESEN - victor of 85th games- twenty eight - male - district three - volunteer - vosien
                                  ADRINA DORIANNE - victor of 93rd games - twenty - female - district four - reaped - empathetic vomiter
                                  PHOENIX DEVEEN - victor of 89th games - twenty seven - male - district five - volunteer - only mildly insane
                                  NERRINE ALTO - victor of 99th games - nineteen - female - district five - reaped - lovey lovefruit
                                  AMARYLLIS DECKARD - victor of 92nd games - twenty five - female - district seven - reaped - Pumpkin Sprinkles
                                  ZVI YONAS - victor of 62nd games - fifty-five - male - district ten - reaped - wearegliding5683
                                  HYACINTH ACACIA - victor of 91st games - twenty four - female - district eleven - reaped - wearegliding5683

Summery Astronomer

User Image

• new tributes

User Image User Image
                User Image User Image User Image

SAPPHIRA META - new tribute - fourteen - female - district one - volunteer - weareliding5683
                                        RULA SPENCER - new tribute - sixteen - female - district four - volunteer - lovey lovefruit
                                        LEONIS CHANCE - new tribute - eighteen - male - district six - reaped - lovey lovefruit
                                        SAVANNAH ROVERIE - new tribute - twelve - female - district eight - reaped - only mildly insane
                                        NIRMALE PUTRI - new tribute - seventeen - female - district ten - reaped - vosien

Summery Astronomer

tab tab User Image

• CORNUCOPIA RULES
                                                            Each character will have the chance to generate for items they may or may not receive at the cornucopia. You might not even get anything depending on the number you generate. We'll be using the Random Number generator for this, 1-12. You will generate once and choose you items accordingly. Supplies will be crossed out as items are chosen. If you receive a result of taking two food items or two health items, pick two DIFFERENT items, not duplicates.

THE RESULTS
                                                            01. Take One Weapon and One Food Item
                                                            02. You Pick Any Two Items From Any Category!
                                                            03. Take One Health Item and One Food Item
                                                            04. Take One Backpack and Two Misc Items
                                                            05. Take One -10 Injury and One Backpack
                                                            06. Take Two Food Items and One Weapon
                                                            07. Take One Weapon and One Health Item
                                                            08. Take One Backpack and One Weapon
                                                            09. Take One Health Item and Two Food Items
                                                            10. Take One Weapon and Two Misc Items
                                                            11. Take One Backpack and One Health Item
                                                            12. Take One Backpack and One Food Item

FOOD ITEMS
                                                            Full Canteen (5 servings)
                                                            Empty Canteen (holds 5 servings)
                                                            Bag of Oranges (12) (6 servings)
                                                            Bag of Oranges (12) (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Beef Jerky (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Beef Jerky (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Rice Crackers (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Rice Crackers (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Dried Fruit (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Dried Fruit (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Granola Bars (6 servings)
                                                            Pouch of Granola Bars (6 servings)

HEALTH ITEMS
                                                            Antibiotic Cream (4 uses)
                                                            Antibiotic Cream (4 uses)
                                                            Burn Cream (4 uses)
                                                            Burn Cream (4 uses)
                                                            Bee Sting Cream (4 uses)
                                                            Bee Sting Cream (4 uses)
                                                            Healing Salve (3 uses)
                                                            Healing Salve (3 uses)
                                                            Poison Antidote (1)
                                                            Poison Antidote (1)

WEAPONS
                                                            Sling Shot
                                                            Pocketknife
                                                            Bladed Boomerang
                                                            Hunting Knife
                                                            Dagger
                                                            Throwing Knives (5)
                                                            Throwing Axes (2)
                                                            Blow Gun (6 darts)
                                                            Large Axe
                                                            Hatchet
                                                            Machete
                                                            Club
                                                            Sickle
                                                            Harpoon
                                                            Pitchfork
                                                            Pickaxe
                                                            Trident
                                                            Spear
                                                            Short Sword
                                                            Long Sword
                                                            Chained Mace
                                                            Crossbow (10 arrows)
                                                            Bow and Quiver (12 arrows)

MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
                                                            Rope
                                                            Rope
                                                            Coil of Wire
                                                            Coil of Wire
                                                            Fishing Net
                                                            Fishing Net
                                                            Fish Hook
                                                            Fish Hook
                                                            Sleeping Bag
                                                            Sleeping Bag
                                                            Thick Sweater
                                                            Thick Gloves
                                                            Thick Blanket
                                                            Matches (10)
                                                            Matches (10)
                                                            Lighter
                                                            Lighter

BACKPACKS
                                                            First Aid Kit (contains antibiotic cream (3 uses), burn cream (3 uses), and healing salve (2 uses))
                                                            First Aid Kit (contains antibiotic cream (3 uses), poison antidote (1), and burn cream (3 uses))
                                                            First Aid Kit (contains antibiotic cream (3 uses), bee sting cream (3 uses), and burn cream (3 uses))
                                                            First Aid Kit (contains antibiotic cream (3 uses), healing salve (2 uses), and burn cream (3))
                                                            Backpack (contains empty canteen (holds 5 servings), dagger, beef jerky (5 servings), thick blanket)
                                                            Backpack (contains empty canteen (holds 5 servings), pickaxe, antibiotic cream (3 uses), thick sweater)
                                                            Backpack (contains empty canteen (holds 5 servings), rice crackers (5 servings), rope, pocketknife)
                                                            Backpack (contains small axe, burn cream (3 uses), dried fruit (5 servings), thick sweater)
                                                            Backpack (contains full canteen (5 servings), lighter, beef jerky (5 servings), bee sting cream (3 uses))
                                                            Backpack (contains machete, healing salve (3 uses), thick blanket, fishing net)
                                                            Backpack (contains hunting knife, fishing hook, full canteen (5 servings), dried fruit (5 servings)
                                                            Backpack (contains poison antidote (1), granola bars (5), thick gloves, empty canteen (holds 5 servings))

RETURNING TO THE CORNUCOPIA
                                                            In order to travel back to the cornucopia, you will have to generate the numbers 1-7 to see if you are able to retrieve supplies. If you land on an even number then that means you are successful. If you land on an odd number, then you are not successful. You are allowed to do this once a day excluding day one and the day of the feast. Also, if you choose to attempt going back to the cornucopia, then you cannot go foraging for that day. If you have successfully traveled to the cornucopia to retrieve your supplies, you cannot generate to go back for two days, otherwise, the supplies will run out too quickly and it will be quite unrealistic for your character to always have access to something that's usually guarded by the careers. Even if the careers are dead, there will be traps waiting for them from the Gamemakers.

1. Unsuccessful
                                                            2. Success (- 10 health)
                                                            3. Unsuccessful
                                                            4. Success
                                                            5. Unsuccessful (-10 health)
                                                            6. Success (- 10 health)
                                                            7. Unsuccessful

Summery Astronomer

tab tab User Image

• ITEM VALUES
                                                            One Serving of Any Kind of Food :: 10 Hunger Points
                                                            One Serving of Water :: 10 Thirst Points
                                                            One Use of Antibiotic Cream :: 10 Health Points (only used for cuts, and scrapes)
                                                            One Use of Burn Cream :: 10 Health Points (only used for burn injuries)
                                                            One Use of Bee Sting Cream :: 10 Health Points (only used for trackerjacker stings)
                                                            One Use of Healing Salve :: 15 Health Points (used for burns, scrapes, or cuts)
                                                            One Use of Poison Antidote :: Cures being poisoned. You'll die within two days if you do not take this.
                                                            Fishing Hook :: Catches you 1 serving of fish (only if you've found a water source while foraging)
                                                            Fishing Net :: Catches you 3 servings of fish (only if you've found a water source while foraging)
                                                            Snare :: Catches you 2 servings of meat (can only be used once a day, need rope or wire)
                                                            Matches or Lighter :: allows you to cook food, increasing it to +15 hunger points, can also be used as a weapon

Each day that passes in the games, tributes will lose 20 hunger points, and 20 thirst points.
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                            FORAGING - TWICE A DAY
                                                            01. Fill Up Canteens
                                                            02. Find 2 Servings of Food
                                                            03. Find 2 Servings of Food
                                                            04. Find 2 uses of Burn Cream
                                                            05. Fill Up Canteens
                                                            06. Find 2 Uses of Antibiotic Cream
                                                            07. Find 2 Servings of Food
                                                            08. Find 2 Servings of Food
                                                            09. Fill Up Canteens
                                                            10. Find 2 uses of Bee Sting Cream
                                                            11. Find 2 Servings of Food
                                                            12. Choose One Item From Cornucopia in either Food, Health, or Misc Items.
                                                            13. You become poisoned. Find an antidote or you will die in two days.
                                                            14. Find 2 Servings of Healing Salve
                                                            15. Fill up Canteens
                                                            THE BATTLE SYSTEM
                                                            01 - 10% (critical +5%)
                                                            02 - 15%
                                                            03 - 10%
                                                            04 - 15%
                                                            05 - 20% (critical +5%)
                                                            06 - 15%
                                                            07 - 10%
                                                            08 - 15%
                                                            09 - 10% (critical +5%)
                                                            10 - 15%

OR YOU MAY FLEE

01. Fail to Flee
                                                            02. Successful Flee
                                                            03. Fail to Flee
                                                            04. Successful Flee
                                                            05. Fail to Flee
                                                            STEALING - ONE ITEM ONLY, EVERY TWO DAYS
                                                            01. Failure
                                                            02. Success
                                                            03. Failure
                                                            04. Success
                                                            05. Failure

Summery Astronomer

tab tab User Image

• THE ARENA

THE LANDSCAPE
                                                            This arena takes place on an island. It's not tropical in any way, though there are days that are hot enough to be considered as such. Across the island, there is a pine tree forest, as well as a small mountain range in the north end of the island. In the center of the island, there is a good sized lake. In the middle of the lake is a metal platform that contains the cornucopia supplies.

THE CORNUCOPIA
                                                            The cornucopia is found in the center of the lake. In it's hotter climate, tributes must swim to it, and in its colder climate, tributes must tread carefully over ice to reach the platform. There are weak places in the ice, and you just might fall through!

THE CLIMATE
                                                            Every two days, the temperature of the island reaches two very different points. When the tributes start out in the arena, there will be a blizzard with the lake completely frozen over. Temperatures will be very low and frigid. If you survive two days in this weather, you'll be greeted with what feels like a very harsh summer. The lake will have melted, and instead of freezing, you'll be sweating your balls off.

TRIBUTE OUTFIT
                                                            The tribute outfit consists of all black items. You'll have a pair of slim black pants that enable free movement, a simple black t-shirt that is neither thick or thin, a pair of black hiking boots that are durable through any weather, though I wouldn't recommend getting them wet. You also get a thick black parka with a fur lined hood. It's great for winter weather, but it's a terrible burden during the summer.

Summery Astronomer

tab tab User Image

• CURRENT EVENTS
                                                            Day :: One
                                                            Temperature :: 25 F
                                                            Time of Day :: Noon
                                                            Current Season :: Winter
                                                            Weather :: Blizzard, Cloudy, Frigid

CURRENT ALLIANCES
                                                            Phoenix ( D5 ), Nerrine ( D5 ), Zvi ( D10 )
                                                            Royal ( D4 ), Adrina ( D4 )

SOLITARY TRIBUTES

Summery Astronomer

tab tab User Image

• DAY ONE DEATHS there will be thirteen deaths - 12/14 taken
                                                            D1 Female Victor............... killed by Phoenix ( D5 )
                                                            D1 Male Tribute................. killed by Soren ( D3 )
                                                            D2 Male Victor................... killed by Zvi ( D10 )
                                                            D2 Female Victor............... killed by Rula ( D4 )
                                                            D3 Female Tribute............. killed by Sapphira ( D1 )
                                                            D6 Female Victor............... killed by Soren ( D3 )
                                                            D7 Female Tribute............. killed by Leonis ( D6 )
                                                            D8 Male Victor................... killed by Zvi ( D10 )
                                                            D8 Female Victor............... killed by Adrina ( D4 )
                                                            D11 Male Victor................. killed by Soren ( D3 )
                                                            D11 Male Tribute............... killed by Phoenix ( D5 )
                                                            D12 Female Tribute 1........ fell through the ice

DAY TWO DEATHS

DAY THREE DEATHS

LIVING NPC'S
                                                            D2 Male Tribute - D2 Female Tribute - D3 Female Victor - D3 Male Tribute - D4 Male Tribute - D5 Male Tribute - D5 Female Tribute - D6 Male Victor - D6 Female Tribute - D7 Male Victor - D7 Male Tribute - D8 Male Tribute - D9 Female Victor - D10 Female Victor - D9 Male Tribute - D9 Male Victor - D9 Female Tribute - D10 Male Tribute - D11 Female Victor - D12 Female Tribute 1 - D12 Female Tribute 2 - D12 Male Tribute 1 - D12 Male Tribute 2

Summery Astronomer

Summery Astronomer

Summery Astronomer

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out