Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Interest Check

+1 1 100.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12 >

User Image

Perhaps it was the formal way in which she spoke or the regal nature that seemed to project from her, but something in this new vampire reminded him of his mistress. It served to relax him somewhat. After all, if his mistress was mannerly when she fed, then perhaps a lady vampire of similar bearing might be the same? But perhaps it was the blood that he had seen her covered in the night before that did not reassure him. In any case, she said nothing about her feeding. Which worried him. He hadn't meant to pause. Was she like the mistress and could read his mind? Or was it that obvious? It seemed that he might have made a grave misstep. His mistress was sure to be less than pleased if she found out.

She asked his name, which he wasn't expecting. He had been led to believe that he was beneath everyone else and that his role was to be as invisible as possible. Still, not wanting to displease her again, he spoke up. "Kristopher Oakes. However your ladyship chooses to address me, I will be just outside the doors." It was tempting to ask her about feeding again, if only because his mistress would be displeased to find out that she wasn't being taken care of properly. But he also didn't want to anger her. Deciding to hold his tongue for now, he bowed slightly and paused. Hesitantly, he asked, "And how would my lady prefer to be addressed?"

Living in a house of vampires was literally like being in a historic jumble. Different ages, different origins, different customs. Some, like his mistress, clung to her roots and customs while others seemed to evolve with the ages. It was almost impossible to navigate because the habits and customs that one of them expected from one, could offend the others. That all would have been confusing enough if he wasn't the primary food group within those walls.

The strangest part was, occasionally something new would come up that he found strange, he would mentally shake his head at the oddity but then suddenly realize that he couldn't remember how it was that he usually did things. Where was he from? How could he find one manner of greeting odd when he couldn't remember how he used to greet people before he came here. Usually that was about the time that Cassandra would wash through his mind again, drawing him deeper into the fog and making him forget about trying to remember.

At the moment though, it wasn't his mistress keeping his mind at bay. It was a pair of dark luminous eyes that held him captured.

Fanatical Lunatic

⊱J U L I E T T ExxxD E S R O S I E R S⊰

User Image

❝Why does time move slowly when I'm not with you? The sunrise... comes too soon.❞

His mistress had taught him well. In an unfamiliar place as the manor, Juliette was cautious of others, so she had been watchful of him since he first greeted her. She hadn’t thought it possible for a twenty-first century man to be bent to the will and service of a vampire, but she realized his mistress’s power far exceeded the greatness she had already assumed. The last time Juliette had spoken with such an affluent person was several decades ago at a party hosted by one of her father’s business associates. So much time had passed since then, and the young vampire wondered if the elegant composure once ingrained in her still existed. If fate was kind, then her breeding had survived.

As asked, he gave his name. His obedience was pleasing, as was his polite request for her name to be returned. He spoke with all the politeness and subservience she had grown to expect from those of lower status, but she felt as though time had washed away remnants of her past as status or class. She felt almost undeserving of such treatment, but as unhealthy as it may have been, it was comforting for something to remain unchanged.

A thought flashed through her mind moments before she replied—by giving her name, could she become someone else? The name she was given in life could be changed in that moment. The utterance of just one name, one tiny, insignificant word, Juliette DesRosiers could die and someone new could be born. One word. Her eyes flicked away for a fraction of a second before trailing back to meet his.

”…My name is Juliette DesRosiers.” she said. Changing her name wouldn’t change who she was, who she used to be, or what she had done. Perhaps she was a killer, but she was not a liar, not to herself or anyone else. Nothing good could come of excuses or vain wishes. She was Juliette, and that was all. That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet… And that which we call a vampire is nothing more than a monster hiding beneath a human masquerade. It is foolish to try and avoid the truth.She sighed internally to herself.

Juliette looked at Kristopher and tried to read his features. Similarly to her feelings, part of him seemed lost. Perhaps that was the effect on the fragile human mind of living amongst vampires that could kill him in an instant. Was it his personal strength that kept him from breaking, or was it his mistress’s magic that kept him from leaving? She couldn’t tell.

❝Be still, sad heart. Be still and cease repining.❞

{Location} Bedroom|| {Company} Oakes || {OoC} This is not my best... ||
User Image

Her name only further confirmed that she was from the 'Old World'. No doubt she and his mistress would get on well. Bowing slightly, "Lady DesRosiers, I will leave you then." he gestured to the black gown, undergarments and shoes laid out on the bench at the foot of the bed. His mistress was very observant and thorough, he was sure that the items would fit. The only thing that bothered him was that she still had not mentioned how she chose to feed. Fearing that asking again would be looked on as an act of impertinence, he simply left the room with a slight bow and waited in attention outside the door.

As he waited, he couldn't help but wonder if this vampire would be joining the household. Though she was hesitant to have him assist her, she seemed comfortable addressing him as a servant. Would she have servants of her own? Would he be expected to server her as well? There was some sort of mixed emotion threatening to rise up in him about that. Shutting his eyes, he shook his head, as if the rattle could ward off the fog that clouded his mind. Suddenly, like a damp dawn rolling in, the fog returned with a vengence and Kris stood still and silent with his head bent at the door.

Cassandra was on her way.

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200

Dmitri had risen and left the house almost as soon as the usn was far enough below the horizon not to harm him. He had a meeting with the town council, to approve his plans for the library. Well, that had been the idea, anyway. It had ended up being more like Dmitri talked about the plans while the female (and married) mayor had too many cocktails and tried to not-so-subtely hit on him. Dmitri supposed that he shouldn't have complained. He could have told the woman that the library was going to be built in a manner that would rival the headquarters of the Chinese People's Daily, a Chinese newspaper with an unfortunately shaped office building. She would green-lighted it anyway. Still, by the time that the meeting was over Dmitri couldn't believe that it had only been an hour. He felt like he had been dealing with the mayor and the council for years. Part of it, Dmitri supposed, was due to his eagerness to return home. Ari would be coming home late, as he always did on Wednesdays, and he hadn't gotten a chance to be introduced to their newest guest. What had the girl said her name was? Oh yes, Juliette. He had little doubt that Cassandra would take care of her. The lady of the house had far more of a fondness for her own kind than she did for humans, with Ari and her attendants being the obvious exepctions.

Dmitri frowned a little as he thought about Cassandra's attendants. New additions to the household always seemed to unsettled Kris and Violet. cassandra had her ways to soothe them, of course, but Dmitri had never thought much of that behavior. It seemed cruel to keep them so mindlessly besotted, unable to so much as think. As if they were drugged. Dmitri sighed as he left the lounge where the meeting was being held, making his way into the parking lot. Driving had been one of those skills that he would never have thought of in his mortal life, but really couldn't get along these days without. He slid into the driver's seat of a black car with heavily tinted windows, then sat for a bit. He and Cassandra had argued before about her attendants, and always they had to agree to disagree. It was better that way, to keep the family together. Dmitri pitied both Kris and Violet, but Ari came first and to protect and keep his son safe and happy, he needed the family...and Cassandra.

Dmitri drove home, hoping to arrive before Ari did (or at least before he had a chance to encounter Juliette). When he entered the house, it was obvious that Ari had beaten him home - he could sense the boy in the parlor, with Isabella. Ari was upset about something - his grades, no doubt. Dmitri would tend to him but first there was something else to handle. He smelled smoke. tobacco smoke, not the-house-is-burning-down smoke, but dangerous all the same. Who the hell was smoking in the house and around his son? Dmitri hung his coat on a coatstand near the door and headed off to find the culprit. Surprise, surprise. It was Zenithe. "I've told you before not to do that in the house," he growled.

Dmitri Is
With: Zen || Where: Hallway || Doing: Being annoyed || Wearing: Business
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

9,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Randomtextforarandom useIsabella Knight

User Image

Isabella watched Ari start to eat the chocolate bar that she’d given him. She remembered one of their past human guests that Isabella had grown quite close to say that chocolate always made her feel better when she was feeling down. This of course was a theory that she’d never been able to test fully but she hoped that it had made Ari feel a little better. She carried on watching him when he pulled out his notebook and started to so his work. She finished her bag of blood and moved in order to put it onto the table beside her when Ari started to sign and asked her if Dmitri was at home. Isabella shook her head. “I think he said he had a meeting to go to in town.”

The longer she watched him the more curious she became about the notebook. Isabella had never really been to school. She grew up in a time where there was no room for a girl in the classroom and once she had been turned Alexander had only taught her the things that he thought she should know. Isabella got up and slowly moved to sit next to Ari on the sofa. She took the schoolbook from him and started to look through it. There was a confused look on her face, it was almost like a foreign language to her, of course she recognised the numbers but she’d never seen any of the other stuff before. Isabella’s head looked up from the book and she looked at Ari. “He’s home.”

The look of confusion was replaced by a look of confusion when she saw Ari look at the letter poking out of his bag. He really didn’t seem happy. “Is everything okay?” She knew if he was struggling with his schoolwork she wouldn’t be able to help him unless it came to history but most of the people living in the house could help with that one.

User Image

Original Humorist

9,675 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
▇▇▇▇
Every morning...
▇▇▇▇
Every night...
▇▇▇▇
An eternity of death...
▇▇▇▇
Awaits us all...
▇▇
▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇★_★

Zenithe Durral

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

User Image
Clothing:
Nightly

Zenithe drew in the tobacco silently, before exhaling just as quietly, his nostrils billowing with the vapor of smoke. He was somewhat glad to enjoy the silence of being in one place without anyone else. Dmitri was gone, Cassandra undoubtedly handling the personal business of the guests, and Ari had gotten home from school. Things were looking rather well, their shadows moving about for him to read, feel, touch. He brought the paper stick to his lips once more, and drew from the heat, only to feel its own warmth breathe into his lungs, before being expelled once more. He was nearly done with the thing, its contents already reaching the filter, just as the door closed, and the father of the house rounded the corner. The smell of the smoke wasn't too untraceable, however the moment caught Zen off guard regardless. He didn't have enough reaction time to make himself invisible, only a split second of being incorporeal before the man's voice hit him. Zen sighed as he listened, jaw tightening as he clenched the burning ember within his palm, the shadow taking it and forcing it to a place outside of the manor. Within the exact moment of opening his hand again, to brush the leftover ash from his from it. Eyes looming to Dmitri as a flash of contemplation was prominent, the man obviously worrying about the humans of the house getting ill from his small habit. He wasn't addicted at all, considering the blood in his veins were still for centuries.

Zen stood up from the wall, only staring at Dmitri for a second longer, before making a few steps in his direction. With arms spread, he simply furrowed a brow. "Oh, so the father returns, and the first thing he sees is me. Shocker! You've told me not to do a lot of things before, especially since those humans came in. I can't ever do anything anymore... And why is this?" The faint accent rolling off of his tongue, the words coming from him now more than just that. He made sure to keep his own thoughts silent, before continuing. "Because apparently the man worries more about what I can't do, rather than what what his so called children do..." Zen exhaled, the piercing on his tongue clicking against his teeth as he words grew excited. His hands worked into loose fists, and overall demeanor changing to his normal dark shroud. He shook his head, taking a step back, a thought escaping his head from the lack of fortitude within the moment. "Just ******** some human and get it over with... He needs to get off of my back, that what he needs to do..." His icy eyes blankly staring at Dmitri, mind solid once again as his arms lowered in frustration. It was bad enough he couldn't hunt like the rest of them, but even the small vices weren't allowed anymore. Just like his old home, where there was more proverbial red tape that he could ever possibly break through.
User Image

[OoC: Wasn't sure if thought profanity made a difference. If it's unsavory then let me know so I can change it.]

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
User Image

CASSANDRA DIAE

WITH : Kris and Juliette
OOC :
WEARING: Regal Irritation

Leaving the youngest of the house well tended, Cassandra swept down the hall. Ari was with Isabella, she had swept through their minds enough to understand what was happening. Perhaps it was time to discuss with Dmitri again the possibility of home study. However, before she began all of that, she wanted to check in on their newest visitor. Her red gown was regal enough, even before the priceless diamonds that she had wrapped around her body. Something about the young vampire harkened back to Cassandra's younger days. With her skill in mental manipularion, she had some ability to psychically probe into the minds of others. With effort, she could have drawn the vampire's whole past from her mind, even things that she may have forgotten ever happened. But she didn't intend on going that route. She rather liked conversation and would enjoy to hear from the girl's own lips where she had come from and how she had come to be lost, bloodied, in the town last night.

Approaching the room where their guest was staying, she felt Kris working against her influence in his mind. Arching an eyebrow, she refreshed her influence in his mind. Turning the corner, his head was bent obediently and she smiled. Pleased. Until she swept through his mind to see how their guest was doing. It seemed that she had no been fed yet. Kris felt that she had sensed his hesitation to the idea. Growling at him in disgust, she flicked her wrist and he bowed lower, reaching out to knock, he opened the door and stepped in ahead of his mistress. His gaze remained on the ground.

"Lady Juliette, may I present the lady of Remington Manor, Marquise Cassandra Diae."

Stepping into the room, Cassandra's chin was high but her full lips were turned slightly up in a soft smile. Her bearing was regal, but also welcoming. Gently, her powers reached forth to soothe her guest's mind. "Lady Juliette DesRosiers. It is a pleasure to welcome you into my home. I came here hoping to ask you into the sitting room to discuss your situation. However, I see that your hunger has not been sated yet. I apologize if my attendant was not to your liking. I have another, a young woman, if you would prefer. And," she drew slowly as she turned, making her way to the side of the room to claim one of the over stuffed arm chairs, making it her throne as she sat tall, her arms out on the rests on either side. "some of the other residents have developed a sort of moral code," her tone leaving little doubt as to how she felt about such sentiment, "where they prefer to feed from bagged blood instead of from the vein. However you prefer, I should like to see you cared for before we go any further."

Kris had remained in the room, closing the door and standing quietly next to it. His head was bowed in total obedience as Cassandra's power was freshly spun in his mind.

Dangerous Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Citizen 200
Ari Is
With: Isabella || Where: The parlor || Doing: Worrying || Wearing: More school

Dmitri's frown sharpened into a glare as Zen spoke. It sounded as if he were trying to imply that Ari was just as much a trouble maker as he was. The very nerve! Dmitri barely supressed the urge to snarl at the shadow-bender for even making such an implication. Of all the manor's residents, Ari was the least likely to ever harm another. Even little Leland and sweet Anna had the potential to hurt another, if only because they acted out of instinct rather than logic. "I brought you here out of goodwill, Zenithe," he stated, voice shaking ever so slightly, "And every day since I have wondered if I made a mistake. I worry about what you do, because I do not trust you. Especially not around Ari." It was easy enough for him to probe the minds of others, but Zenithe's remained as solid wall to him for all but the briefest of moments. The fact that he could not puzzle out the male's intentions had Dmitri constantly on edge. Cassandra would never allow harm to come to Ari, and neither would the others, but still Dmitri worried. It was a heavy paranoia that had been instilled in him since the last time that he had lost someone he held dear. He had not been able to stop his little brother's life from slipping through his fingers. He would be damned if a single slip in vigilance caused him to lose his son as well.

The longer he stood there, the longer than he could feel his control on his temper slipping. Cassandra embraced her predatory nature but Dmitri fought tooth and nail against it. He wasn't going to let it win this time, no matter how furious he was. He turned and walked away, but not before catching the single thought that managed to slip through Zen's normally impenetrable mental walls. "You insolent little-!" No. No, no, no. Now was not the time. Walk away, just walk away. Dmitri carried on his path away from the shadow-bender, his footsteps heavy on the stairs as he made his way to his rooms. The door slammed hard behind him, hard enough to splinter the heavy wood of the doorjam. It was pitch black in his rooms but Dmitri didn't move to turn on any lights. He stood in the dark instead, trying to calm himself. It should not have been so easy for Zenithe to get under his skin, but he did, and Dmitri knew why. His words were...truer than Dmitri liked to admit. There was an intimacy that came from feeding directly from the vein, something he had been without for several years. Several hundred years.

He had thought about an arrangement like Cassandra had with her attendants, but couldn't bring himself to treat a living being as she did with Kris and Violet. It seemed wrong to him that she kept them so heavily dependent on her, unable to really do so much as think for themselves. They were more like slaves to her, possessions rather than companions. At least, that how it seemed. Even now he could hear her in Juliette's quarters, offering Violet up as if she she were offering the guest a glass of wine. Dmitri sighed and closed his eyes again.

======================================

The chocolate did indeed help Ari's mood a little bit, though it wouldn't have been enough to compltely cheer him even if it had been laced with pure happiness. The thought of disappointing his "parents" weighed too heavily on the human's scrawny shoulders. Cassandra would not have been too upset. She never liked the idea of him going to public school anyway. Dmitri, on the other hand...he would be disappointed, Ari just knew it. He nodded as Isabella explained that Dmitri had a meeting to go to in town. The new library, no doubt. Ari was proud that his father had been asked to design it, and the meeting meant that he could put off telling Dmitri and giving him the letter a little longer. He finished off the chocolate and tried to concentrate more on his homework. Isabella had moved to sit on the couch with him by that point, and she took the textbook from him. Ari smiled faintly as a look of confusion crossed the woman's face. At least he wasn't the only one that didn't quite understand it.

He heard the front door open and close, and familiar footsteps across the floor. Dmitri was home, but Ari didn't rise to great him just yet. He could hear his father talking to someone and he sounded angry. The more Ari listened, the angrier the voice became, until he heard Dmitri going in the stairs. His footfalls were heavy. He was angry with someone, probably Zenithe, since no one else seemed to be downstairs but himself and Isabella. "I'll talk to him later," Ari signed as he shifted uneasily on the couch. He didn't like it when Dmitri was upset like this, and there was a heavy air in the house. Almost as if this was just the beginning of things. Isabella's question of whether everything was okay or not was met with a shrug and an uncomfortable shifting of Ari's weight. He wasn't a liar. He never had been, even as a very small child.

Eventually he signed, "...not really." He reached down and plucked the letter from his backpack. It wasn't sealed; the flap of the envelope had just been tucked in so that it wouldn't open. Ari sighed as he fidgeted with the letter, waiting until it seemed that Dmitri had calmed down before going upstairs to give it to him.

Dmitri Is
With: No one || Where: His room || Doing: Attempting to calm down || Wearing: Business/url]

Fanatical Lunatic

User Image

❝Why does time move slowly when I'm not with you? The sunrise... comes too soon.❞

The faintest trace of a smile touched the vampire’s lips as she was addressed “Lady DesRosiers.” The courtesy title was, perhaps, extravagant when “Miss Juliette” was probably better suited to the modern day, but the girl hardly cared. Respect was far favorable to pity, and his formality was certainly appreciated. She would have to sing his praises when his mistress arrived, but for now Juliette nodded gently in acknowledgement as the human bowed and took his leave.

As the door shut, Juliette drew a deep breath. The challenge of looking presentable stood dauntingly before her, but despite her apparent weariness, she was not the least bit reluctant to face it. She was soon to meet the lady of the house, the gracious vampire that spared her an attendant’s service and a room beyond comforts. For such an important person, Juliette wanted to make a good impression. Gripping the bedside table, the girl ever so carefully began to lower her feet to meet the fine carpet covering the floor. She stood carefully with telekinetic assistance, and with that, she won the first battle of the night.

She dared a tender step towards the foot of the bed, only for her knees to buckle beneath her. By bed’s edge, Juliette caught herself with a sigh. Luckily, she hadn’t completely hit the floor, so she didn’t think she had made enough noise to concern anyone. That was the last thing she wanted. She was weaker than she had thought and would have to feed sooner than she would have liked. With a shake of her head, Juliette pulled herself up so as to sit atop the bed, and she began disrobing from there. As she slipped free from the nightdress, the black ensemble Kristopher had brought her drifted across the room and closer to the girl. Vectors multitasked all around her; some brushed her hair, others brought up the zipper of the dress, and others rearranged and made the bed. The extra work was taxing, but Juliette would not settle for a poor first impression.

The young vampire had waited hardly a moment before the lady of the house was introduced. A certain calmness licked at the shores of Juliette’s mind, and the sudden peace was welcomed. She dipped her head in respect. The marquise’s voice flowed like honey, and the girl couldn’t help but intently listen. But hunger was mentioned once more, and Juliette winced involuntarily. The hunters had given her meager drips of stored blood, just enough to keep her alive. Even in starvation she had found the bagged claret to be stagnant and difficult to swallow. The topic of feeding made her uncomfortable enough as it was, but to address her preferences… She wasn’t sure why it was so difficult.

”Lady Diae,”
she began softly, ”It is a pleasure to meet you, and I hope I have not proven to be too burdensome. Oakes has provided exceptional service, and I thank you profusely for your kindness.” Juliette prayed her discomfort wasn’t as evident as she feared it was. Her fingertips brushed her lips instinctively as she considered how to proceed to the topic of blood. It couldn’t be avoided any longer, for she was already growing faint and mildly dizzy. She opened her mouth as if to speak, but her words died long before they were ever spoken. The room, though flooded with darkness, suddenly seemed… too bright.

{Location} Bedroom|| {Company} Oakes, Cassandra || {OoC} I am not on a roll. ||
User Image

CASSANDRA DIAE

WITH : Kris and Juliette
OOC : My thought here is that Cassandra doesn't fully take control of Juliette's mind but is prodding and directing her because she knows that she needs to feed but is hesitant. Plus, she wants to make sure that in her voracious hunger, that she doesn't damage Kris too badly. So she is there to guide her and to stop her before it is too late. If you don't like this and want me to change any of it, just let me know. No problem.

Infinitely pleased, Cassasndra took an immediate liking to their newest guest. Juliette spoke and carried herself with great care and poise. Signs to her good character and breeding. However, Cassandra wondered at her reluctance to utilize the servant, for her care or her feeding. Even just at a gentle brush of the girl's mind, she picked up the terrible memory of hunters and imprisonment. Not even knowing the story, just the mere suggestion, was enough to stir a fury within Cassandra. She would have to know the details of this story. As always, she had to suppress the urge to dive into the mind of her companion to find the answers herself. She had found over the years that it was a lonely thing to not hear the tales and stories of others. Beyond that, living with Dmitri, she had withheld the majority of her power around her family, as a show of trust and respect. Though, sometimes it was tempting when Dmitri was being difficult.

Her guest was bestowing great praise upon Cassandra and her servant, but paused before continuing. Her slender fingers drew up to her lips and her words faltered. "Oh dear." Cassandra sighed to no one in particular. Standing, she shook her head in a mildly disapproving fashion, quite used to her motherly role. "This is what comes of not caring for yourself, my dear. But, perhaps you have forgotten how. You'll forgive me for guiding you, but I can't risk losing a well trained servant. My other attendant will be around to bring you to the sitting room when you are finished." And with that slightly cryptic message, the lady of the house inclined her head ever so slightly in farewell and moved to the door.

Kris stepped out wordlessly to open the door for his mistress. In passing, she reached out to touch his face gently, her eyes meeting his as wordless orders were given and she left. Kris closed the door, alone now with their hungry guest. Cassandra's influence was heavy in the room, prodding at Juliette. Inducing feelings of desire to disinhibit her and dulling her hunger so that she would not feed ravenously. Without hesitation, Kris moved to the bedside, bowing slightly his deep voice rumbled forth, "At your service, my lady." desire evident in his tone. Reaching down, he scooped the slender beauty up in his arms and turned to sit so that she was across his lap. His head craned to the side, thick muscles and tendons of his neck straining. One large hand run up her back to the back of her neck to gently guide her to his throat.

In the three years that he had been with Cassandra, even the man inside, hidden under Cassandra's influence, couldn't deny the pleasure that came from the vampire's bite. It was all-encompassing, head spinning madness that sent every muscle fiber taut with pleasure and desire for more. A terrifying ecstasy. As if the prospect was not fearsome enough, a creature feeding on his lifesblood, but that he always wanted more.He couldn't help but wonder how many people his mistress had killed as they shouted out and writhed in pleasure under her, wanting more and more until there was nothing left for them to give.

Even now, as the fog of Cassandra's power was thick in his mind, his heart beat faster, his body ached to feel release and he didn't know if it was the slave or the man beneath but he whispered low and full of need, "Please."

User Image

Fanatical Lunatic

User Image

The feelings of hominess and security instilled by the elder vampire drastically put the girl’s mind at ease. She wasn’t sure what had been making her so anxious or so reluctant to accept their kindnesses—that is to say, drink from the neck of the obedient man at the door—but her hesitance no longer seemed to matter. Juliette could feel herself already begin to slip, but Cassandra’s encouragement was welcomed. In this safe haven of Remington Manor, it was acceptable to drink from the vein; it was okay to accept what others were so graciously, graciously offering.

The marquise expressed her concerns for her attendant, and the girl nodded slowly. She wouldn’t have dreamed of succumbing to greed, but given her current state, Juliette could respect her apprehension. Especially after the previous night’s events, she knew firsthand the destructive nature of a starving vampire. With that, Cassandra exited as fluidly and elegantly as she had come. Kristopher approached her and helped to prepare them both for the bloodletting. His pulse rang out from beneath his skin, and Juliette could not have resisted if she wanted to. Their fate, for that moment, was decided when at last he said “please”.

There is perhaps nothing more intimate and animalistic as a vampire’s bite. There, so close to him, Juliette couldn’t help but be deeply flushed. It had never been so simple or so desirable to feed. He was a well-built man, and any woman would have been glad to court him—what madness plagued him to have twisted his mind into gladly offering his blood to a beast? Even with the finest training, she didn’t understand how he had so numbed himself to the fear of being fed upon. But that didn’t matter. Kristopher was not only willing, but eager. He seemed almost as needing of her as she was of him.

”Thank you, Oakes,”
Juliette whispered.

So gently did he bring her closer to his waiting throat. She brought one hand to the back of his neck and the other padded against his chest. The tip of her tongue traced a line along the skin of his neck with dove-like tenderness before her protruding fangs came forth and pierced the flesh. Beads of blood delicately surfaced, lighting the girl’s senses with a pleasurable glow. Timidly, Juliette sunk her fangs ever so slightly deeper, and the meager beads became a fragile stream of the hot nectar. As she drank, shivers danced fleetingly along her spine. She felt indescribably enchanted.

When at last she pulled her lips away from his throat, her eyes were mellow and bright. Juliette wasn’t sure that he could understand just how his sacrifice made her feel. Almost immediately, the dizzy faintness had dissolved. ”Have I hurt you?”
she asked quietly. She didn’t think Cassandra would have allowed her to drink enough to harm him, but she wanted to hear from him how he felt.

{Location} Bedroom|| {Company} Oakes || {OoC} ||
User Image

Cassandra had not made the experience quite the same as when she fed. Generally, her feedings were much more...intimate. Slaking her lust for flesh as well as blood. With Juliette, as the purpose was simply to nourish her blood starved body, it was a soft, sweet kind of desire that filled Kris's veins. Though, as her tongue grazed his skin, he couldn't help a soft groan from escaping his lips. She was so gentle with him. Her hesitancy a perfect mirror to her graceful, ladylike behavior. The first sting of her fangs made his breath catch in his throat. But as the vampire venom swam through his veins and set his body to a slow burn of desire, the breath escaped him in a shuddering moan.

His hands ached to explore the beauty that sat on his lap but Cassandra's will held them in place. She was clearly making sure that he didn't scare their guest. Something within him wanted to fight that restraint, to really touch the girl that sat in his lap nestled against him. But the fog held him tightly in check.

All too soon, her fangs slid out of his skin, her lips away from their soft touch on his neck and her body leaning back from his. Their faces were so close. Again, a deep urge to lean in and capture her lips with his own stirred within him. But still, his mistress was in his mind, keeping him from acting on these impulses. His hands slid down to gently support her back as she sat on his lap. A familiar roll of dizziness swept through his brain. But still, through the fog and the effects of the blood loss, he could hear her sweet voice. Her concern and worry, over a mere servant. Kris kept his eyes diverted from hers. Cassandra must have caught his thoughts about her earlier. Slowly, he shook his head. "Not at all, my lady. I'm only pleased that I could be of service to you."

A sharp rap came from the door before Violet opened it. Her dark hazel eyes swept over Kris and Violet sitting together and a strange look crossed her face. Bowing her head again, her voice was clear, if not in a slightly clipped tone. "If you are ready, my lady, our mistress awaits your company in the sitting room. Do you prefer to make your own way or," she stepped back and pushed an antique wheelchair forward, a beautiful lap blanket folded and laid over one arm, "I can assist you?" It had been a long time since they had a guest that required a chair and Cassandra did love her antiques. After Juliette had appeared the night before, she had her attendants get the chair out of storage and clean it well.

Kris awaited her response, prepared to either set her on her feet if she wanted to follow Violet to the sitting room by her own power or to carry her to the chair if she was still feeling the effects of her starvation. His head was swimming, but he felt his mistress prodding and feeding him psychic energy to make it through this last task so that their guest could be cared for.

Fanatical Lunatic

User Image

The ghosts of moans and heavy breaths lingered upon Juliette’s eardrums. The young vampire had spent many years alone and in pain, and never before had feeding been so mellow. She had never expected such a clean, romanticized reality to belong to her. The entirety of the situation was nearly perfect, but the girl found herself somewhat concerned. Wholly, it puzzled her as to how her bite had so pleasured the servant. Generally, wasn’t the idea of a monster drinking one’s blood, the very essence of life, to be… horrifying? Juliette was tempted to dwell on the thought a while longer, but she decided to brush the thought aside. After all, Kris had shaken his head and expressed his well-being. Perhaps she was being overly sensitive.

The door snapped open, revealing an attractive young woman. An unnameable expression crossed the young woman’s face, and Juliette only reddened. She was still draped across the man, his shirt collar was still askew, and minuscule drops of blood still clung to his wounds. The woman bowed her head and spoke, and then Juliette was able to put two and two together. This was the second attendant, the young woman Cassandra had offered in Kris’s stead. A wheelchair was presented to the girl, and her flustered expression softened at the sight of it. Juliette stood without as much as another word to Kristopher. Her attention was entirely stolen by the woman in the doorway and the pressing matters she presented.

Revitalized and strengthened by the man’s blood, Juliette was confident enough to step towards the doorway. It would be humiliating to stumble or fall, but was it not worse to be confined to a chair once more? She stood a bit straighter and addressed the woman with a polite, though rehearsed, smile. It was something her mother had insisted she learn to do. ”You’ve gone to great lengths for my sake and convenience—thank you. But if you would be so kind as to lead the way, I believe I can handle myself,”she said curtly. A certain edge had crept into her voice, though it wasn’t directed at the attendant. As lovely as the antique was, it made the girl want to grind her teeth. She wasn’t necessarily glad they had accounted for her handicap, for that was something she herself longed to forget, regardless of how irrational a desire. The wheelchair would be a last resort, and unless she was thrown to the floor by disability, she would walk. Juliette was too proud to accept otherwise.

The vampire took a few steps closer to the hazel-eyed woman, relaxed smile intact. Though her telekinetic braces stabilized her every movement, she was fortunate for the low-heeled shoes she had been brought. ”Lady Diae has been so gracious. I would hate to keep her waiting,"
she added softly. As she spoke, Juliette eyed the attendant carefully. What with her lively, olive skin and piercing gaze, she was very pretty and well suited to the elegant mistress to whom she belonged. Much like her male counterpart, the woman was attractive and could have lived a comfortable life outside the manor with nearly anyone of her choosing. How deeply, Juliette wondered, did their loyalty extend?

{Location} Bedroom|| {Company} Oakes, Female Attendant (Violet) || {OoC} ||
User Image

Violet managed to keep her face in the appropriate assemblage of blank expression, except that it was somewhat tight and strained. Moreso as the vampire approached her and spoke with her elegantly commanding tone. "Indeed, my lady." her sultry voice clipped, irritation lacing the edges of it. Turning, she walked down the hall, leading the way to where her mistress waited. Juliette had been placed in an empty wing to distance her from Ari and to accomodate her in one of their more luxurious suites, but Cassandra's wing of the manor was in the south end. Walking down hallways and turns, Violet walked efficiently, yet slow enough that their guest could appreciate the tapestries and paintings and antique relics if she so chose. The incidence and expense of these items growing as they approached the wing of the lady of the manor.

The halls were all lined with Persian rugs, hung with Tibetian tapestries, ceilings covered with Sicilian frescos and dotted with art from nearly every country and era for the last half a millennia. Cassandra was proud of her age, lineage and travels, her taste reflecting that. Pausing outside a set of dark mahogany double doors, Violet opened them both in and stepped aside, closing them once Juliette had entered and moving to stand just behind Cassandra.

The Marquise had been seated at a harp, softly strumming a tune as she waited. Finishing the last few notes, she stood and appraised her guest as she moved into the room. "An old hobby." she gestured to the harp as she moved into the center of the room, settling in a wide, opulantly carved and well stuffed chair and gesturing to Juliette to have a seat near her on the equally luxurious chaise. "It helps me think."

Indeed as she was guiding her guest through feeding and awaiting her arrival, she had brushed through the minds of the house's occupants and caught wind of the argument between Zen and Dmitri. While she felt tempted to step in, those two had been fighting for ages it seemed. They were going to have to make peace with each other or go their seperate ways. Zen's biting remark was not sitting well with Dmitri and she was not surprised. Though, the shadow bender had made an excellent point. Dmitri, like his hunger for blood the night before, was starved for carnal pleasure. A man can not live on bread alone, so the humans said. Nor could an immortal live on without pleasure.

Whether this was something that she should do something about, or speak to him about or just let it lie, she couldn't be sure. Dmitri was a good man. The best man that she had ever met, but he was complicated. Too much so for his own good. So she had sat at her harp and played a familiar tune while her mind turned over their situation. He had been growing increasingly irritated. She knew that he didn't approve of her attendants and she feared that this mood that he was in did not bode well for her. Part of her wondered if she should go to him now. But the other reasoned that time to cool off was best for now.

Once the lady had joined her, Cassandra smiled broadly and shook her head in playful disapproval. "That was too close, my dear. Never feel shame or hesitation to take that which you need. I trust that your feeding was to your satisfaction? If you should feel a bout of hunger again, do not hesitate to feed from Violet." The servant bristled behind her and Cassandra's eyes grew cold. Without turning around the fog descended hard and fast on Violet's mind, shutting down her disobedient thoughts. As the attendants head dropped submissively, Cassandra's expression relaxed. "Forgive me. Her rebellious and competitive nature makes it necessary to maintenance her obedience much more regularly. But now, she is totally docile and more than willing to be at your service."

Leaning forward, Cassandra's voice dipped into the soft, maternal tones that came so naturally to her these days. "Though I'm sure it might be painful, I would very much like to hear the story of what happened to you, my dear."

Though there was a lot going on within the walls of the house tonight, Cassandra needed to know what was brewing outside. And if it could be tracked down to their door.

User Image

CASSANDRA DIAE

WITH : Violet and Juliette
OOC :

Fanatical Lunatic

User Image

Such opulence… Countless fine things lined the halls leading to their destination. Juliette admired the pieces with soft eyes, their history coming to life around her. It seemed almost impossible to her, for such a large collection couldn’t have possibly been procured in even a lifetime—right. She had almost forgotten. While her exact age was unknown to the girl, Cassandra had surely spent many of her unending years travelling to exquisite places to have owned such extraordinary things. The marquise owned seemingly all the riches of history. In a sense, she owned the world, and her image could certainly attest to that.

As she followed the young woman, Juliette couldn’t help but detect a slight bitterness emanating from the girl. Though, she reasoned, what she was interpreting as bitterness could have simply been reluctance to subservience. She supposed she couldn’t exactly blame her for harboring distaste for the life of a servant. At last they reached a proud set of doors, and the woman pushed them open and flocked to her mistress’s side. Cassandra moved from the harp and to a throne of a chair, offering Juliette the seat beside her. She accepted with a nod and listened respectfully to the lady’s words. Shame and hesitation were mentioned, and Juliette looked away, brow furrowed. ”…Is it not detestable to draw blood from the throat of another?”
she posed quietly. She sighed and lowered her gaze, already regretting saying such a thing. ”I’ve been reckless… Your generosity is boundless, Lady Diae.”

Still, Juliette avoided the vampire’s motherly gaze. Cassandra wanted to her to recount her many misfortunes and painful years of captivity, and the girl knew she was obligated to comply. ”While the story they tell may be quite the opposite, words, in themselves, are painless,”
Juliette started firmly. ”Those people so obscenely, so disgustingly exploited every fiber of my being…!” Tears were threatening to fall as she raised her voice ever so slightly. Her arms crossed across her chest, and her shoulders lifted as though trying to comfort her. ”…They delighted themselves in cheap words as “research” and “sin”, but the things they did… were nothing short of torture.”

Shakily, Juliette went on to describe the years spent detained and alone, the vicious, sadistic cruelty, the pain, and wrenching hunger. As frustrating as it was to expose her weaknesses, she couldn’t seem to help herself. She felt as though she could trust the marquise, that she could speak without the wrath of judgment waiting to strike her across the face. It was a bittersweet comfort, and the words fell like gentle rain. When at last she could speak no more, she sat silently and stared into nothingness. The wind pecking at the manor’s exterior brought her back to reality. Her eyes widened, and gravely Juliette expressed a grim realization. ”Is it possible that… that I could have led them here…?” she said, voice quivering.

It was inevitable that a hunter society would discover the carnage the young vampire had desperately left behind. If they were able to trace her back to the manor… Juliette would never be able to forgive herself. The kind people living under the Remington roof would be forced to fight back or flee. Either way, it’d be the girl’s fault that they lost their home. Already, guilt clawed at her heart and fear settled over her. It was truly terrible; she didn’t want to accept the fact that she could be responsible for the destruction of a sanctuary.

{Location} Sitting Room|| {Company} Cassandra, Violet || {OoC} ||

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas