+1 1 100.0% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 77 78 79 > >>

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilly thanked him both for helping her up and holding the door open. Her knees felt week as she walked to her room with the man. He was attractive, helpful, and successful. Sweet and caring. She did her absolute best not showing that something was wrong. Nothing was wrong, but she felt as though she was going to collapse from the sheer joy she felt. "Please don't notice, please don't notice, please don't notice," she thought to herself.

As the two reached her apartment, she stuck her hand into her pocket and pulled out her keys and unlocked the door. She opened it and had Draven walk in first. After all, he was the guest. Her apartment was well kept for the most part. A few papers here and there, a glass on the side table from studying the night before. She hurridly picked up the papers and glass, putting the glass in the sink and neatly sitting them on the stand the glass had been on. "Sorry," she said to him, laughing, slightly embarrassed by the "mess" that she had led him into. "I ended up falling asleep in the chair while studying last night and didn't have time to clean up before I left this morning," she explained to him as she walked to the kitchen area.

"Please, make yourself comfortable, Draven. Would you like something to drink while I fix us some supper? I have milk, water, orange juice and... store brand cola," she said, laughing at herself. "Sorry that that's all I have." Lilly got out a glass for him and one for her, filling the one for her with cold tap water as she waited for his answer.

IpheionDatura's Other Half

Devoted Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Our life in this world -
to what shall I compare it?
Its like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.

Ariaon was content to allow Gabrielle amuse her daughters with his tie, though wondering if she should warn him if they got ahold of it. They either could ruin the expensive looking tie, or, choke him they could tighten it really tight. It wouldn't be that hard. Not with four grabby hands. She smiled gently as the girls never managed to get ahold of the tie and giggled at him. It was a nice sound. Relieving after the solemn day they had. They seemed so sad a bit ago but with people in the office they were back to being happy Twins. When he answered, Ariaon nodded. Filing a way a mental note to put it in the new Calendar so she did not forget. It would be awfully embarrassing to demand rent if he already paid.

She felt as if the air had been sucked from her lungs. "It is nothing Gabrielle. Honest!" She forced a bright happy smile for him. Her heart melting at the brief contact, it was an act of comfort and it just brought more tears to her eyes. She cursed at herself mentally. "Sometimes... Sometimes just the nicest gestures can make me cry. I'm not used to it is all. I mean, I have Lilly, and McNeely... Or, Draven has helped with the girls but..." Realizing she was rambling and making no sense she cleared her throat and smiled gently despite the tears. "I am strange. It is stupid to cry I know but.." Shrugs helplessly as the twins turned their attention to her face gently touching it.

You left impressions unforgettable
and when I view our moon
your image surfaces
and that love seems forever.

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Gabe laughed as the girls began to giggle. His laugh was deep but sweet and genuine. "I have to say, these two are adorable. Almost makes me want some of my own," he laughed. "At least then my mother would leave me alone," he said with a grin as he thought of his mother, scolding him for not having found a permanent woman yet. Someone to settle down with. Maybe she was right. There were occasions that being alone in his room was actually lonely for him. However, he also enjoyed being free of that kind of responsibility.

He frowned as Ariaon told him that nothing was wrong and sighed, just slightly. "If you say so," he said. "You don't need to be so afraid to ask for a bit of help, ya' know. I'm sure both Lillian and Draven would be more then willing to help with the kids. I'd be willing to help too, but I'm not sure you want me watching them," he said, laughing a bit at the thought of him being alone with two toddlers.

Devoted Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
User ImageXXXXXDraven walked beside Lilly, taking in the decor noting that it appeared Ariaon was changing it up a bit. The current theme was of the Arizona desert. The beautiful pictures. Now, it appeared to be of some kind of mountain. Slowly changing the pictures. Of course, if she'd accept help it would be done a lot quicker. However, Ariaon did not like to bother her tenants with what she called 'trivial' things. He sometimes wondered how she kept herself OUT of the hospital. Once at her door, his eyes watched her get her keys. It felt weird for a moment, he was thirty going into a college girls apartment. She was an adult, but somehow, that did not make it feel any better. His heart fluttered, feeling nervous.

XXXXX"This is a mess?" He asked, his eyes glancing around, at what she considered a 'mess.' "I'd hate to see it clean." Draven told her, the apartment was good sized even if it was smaller than his own. "You know, beds are good to sleep in too. It may feel cheated if you sleep out of it to much." His smile was teasing as he sat in a chair. His mind taking in her apartment. "Store brand cola. Please? Don't worry about it. I usually drink water but after the day I had. I deserve a little something else." He'd say stiffer if it was alcohol..

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Lillian laughed, relaxing a bit as Draven joked with her about the bed. "I know, I know. I apologize to it every time it happens," she joked back, pouring him a glass of cola before walking it over to him. "You're a doctor, so you were a college student once, and clearly got great grades, so I know you understand the late night study sessions," she said to him, grinning. "I'm sorry I don't have anything harder then this. I'm not huge on alcohol myself. I'll drink it now and again but I don't want anything to ruin my studies," she explained to him.

"If you want, I can go run out and get something real quick," she said to him as she walked back over to the kitchen area. "The store is right down the street and I wouldn't mind. I'm sure you wouldn't steal anything," she laughed as she opened the freezer, taking out some frozen chicken breasts. She opened the bag and put four on a plate and placed them in the microwave and pressed the defrost button before opening her cupboard and pulling out some Alfredo sauce and Fettuccine. "I should have asked this first, but is there anything that you're allergic too?"

Devoted Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Our life in this world -
Its like an echo

Ariaon flushed, and gave Gabrielle an incredulous look. "You? Children? No offense Gabrielle but you have to pick one girl and stick for that to happen," she teased proving she meant no offense with words.Though, resentment flickered through her blue eyes before they faded, looking at her blue eyed brown haired little girls. Eyes like her, brown hair like their father. However, he saw them once and then left after some... Painful confrontations. Forcing the bitterness away she smiled at him. His frown caused her to shift, noting that it was odd to actually be talking to him without it being about the apartment.

It was true, they all usually had come kind of close relationship, but she talked to Draven on the girls. Children psyche wasn't his forte but he still went through those classes. Lilly, well her and the girl hit it off. For extra money Lilly helped watched the twins and they hung around each other. Being only a few years the girls senior. However, her and Gabrielle hardly ever really talked TALKED. "Ah, I know, those two help," she admitted carefully trying to get her mind into a comfortable zone. This man was unattached, and no responsibilities. She was attached. Attached to two brown haired- blue eyed little girls that demanded her attention. That, and the building of course. "If you watched them, I believe your mother would end a very disappointed woman." Not true the twins were generally quiet. They stuck close to each other and hardly caused trouble. Ariaon let the smile slip from her face and let the frown that had been fighting so hard to show. "I just get overwhelmed. You are right. If I'm not careful this place will down hill among other things I worry about." She told him, the girls laying their heads on her shoulders still playing with the tie.

and when I view our moon
your image surfaces

Devoted Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
User ImageXXXXXDraven grabbed the glass with a thankful nod. "I had many many late night study sessions. Even at my age I study cases that puzzle me, and it ends up being a late night study sessions," like the one death he was currently dealing with. He would be going over the folder, studying the specifics. The medicine. The reports of what happened. "You don't have to apologize. I'm not big on alcohol. Every once in a while its nice. Being a doctor, I have to be careful of the consumption especially because sometimes I'm on call." He dreaded the days he was on call. The next few days were his day off. He requested it to be so.

XXXXX"No," he told her, shaking his head. There was no need for her to walk to the store to buy alcohol. He can drink at home should the want arrive. "That is to much work, and the fact of the matter is. I'm here to help you. Oh, as far as I'm aware, I'm allergic free." .

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Gabrielle laughed and shook his head. "I know this, so does my mother. She's on my case all the time about settling down with the right girl and having some kids. She want's grandkids, she says," he chuckled some more as he thought. He continued to watch as the two children tried their best to get a hold of his tie, smiling at them. They were quite adorable. "These two almost make me agree with her," he admitted, looking at Ariaon with a smile, his greyish eyes gleaming at her and the two children that she held. "I don't know that I'm father material, though," he confessed to her. "These two seem like so much work, no offense, and they're the good kind of kids," he chuckled. "I can't imagine what it would be like to have some screaming me-me's around."

He smiled at her, a warm, gentle smile. "I don't know how good I'd be with children, so I'll leave that to the girl," he said, grinning at the thought of Lilly and Draven together in her room. "Those two were kinda' cute together, though," he laughed, shaking his head some more. "I should have told him not to do anything I wouldn't do. Hehheh."

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Lillian smiled at him, holding back her glee. The truth is, she really didn't like being around alcohol, but she was willing to do just about anything for the doctor that sat in her room with her. "It wouldn't be any trouble at all, I promise," she told him. "But it's up to you," she said, turning back around as the microwave went off, pulling the plate of defrosted chicken out and placing it on the counter top. She had a hanging rack attached to the top of one of the cupboards that held her pots and pans so she grabbed two pots and placed them on the stove.

One of the pots she filled with water and replaced on the stove, turning the burner on and sprinkling salt into the water. The other one she poured the sauce into and turned on the lowest setting to begin warming. She went to her cupboard and pulled out the mini grill and plugged it in, placing the chicken breasts onto it to "grill." As she did all of this, she continued to talk to Draven.

"Being a doctor must be difficult," she said, back turned to him since she was in the process of fixing supper for the two of them. "What is it that you do, exactly? If you don't mind me asking." She continued preparing dinner for them, pulling out a bag of frozen broccoli and pulling down two more pots, one of which had holes in the bottom. She put water in the normal pot and placed it onto the stove, turning it on. She then poured the broccoli in the one with holes and placed it on top of the one with water in it and grabbed a cover and put it onto the top pot.

Devoted Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image

Our life in this world -
Its like an echo

Ariaon laughed quietly at him, imagining his mother lecturing the thirty year old about settling down and having kids of his own. Her heart skipping a beat at his comment about the twins. Her face flushed, as he continued to talk. "Well you don't become parent material right away," she told him, shifting the twins again to ease their weights on her arms. They were small, but they got heavy if held to long and it was certainly getting to that point. However, they were beginning to droop their heavy eyes but still trying valiantly trying to get the tie. Ariaon began to rock side to side to aide them to sleep. If they slept, she could put them on the couch and continue to work. "Of course they are a lot of work, but even after everything I don't regret them. Besides-" Ariaon giggled quietly "they're only a lot of work because they don't cooperate with the doctors. Though, one day they'll get to the me-me stage." Though, she could see the girls being heart-breakers. Getting very easily what they wanted. Her smile wavered. But not from the daddy they'll notice that they don't have soon.

However, as soon as he said that he should have told Draven not to do anything he wouldn't do her face turned scarlet. "Well, I do believe it is a good thing that you did not warn them Gabrielle. For, there is not much you wouldn't do therefore, they may not do anything at this moment." Her eyes were wide, her heart skipping beats. Shifting, she noted that the twins were asleep. She put them over on the couch she had in her office, covering them. Turning, walking to her new calendar and writing that Draven and Gabrielle had paid rent. "There. I used it." She smiled brightly, feeling breathless and uncertain.

and when I view our moon
your image surfaces

Devoted Gaian

9,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Gaian 50
User ImageXXXXXDraven just shook his head at the offer, again, if he wanted some he could wait until later. It was time to help her study, though it had been a few years since he was out of technically school. "I'm a trauma surgeon. It is difficult. There is always pressure, and then when you lose the patient, especially young ones, it is hard emotional. Not only that but taking the brunt of emotional outbursts after saying either we've done all we can, to I'm sorry we've lost him or.... However, there are times when its rewarding. Knowing you saved a persons life. The gratefulness that their families feel," his mind drifted again to the two cases he had early. Both died. It did not seem to make any sense whatsoever. Not to him. They should not have just died. .

XXXXX .

Shirtless Smoker

((OOC: I'm a wiiiddle behind... I would go back and read everything but I'm feeling pretty shitty and hungover right now... So if someone wouldn't mind giving me a little update? =P))

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
((OOC: Draven and Lilly are in Lilly's room. Lilly is in the process of making supper for them as a thank to Draven for being willing to help her with her homework. Araion and Gabreille are in the office talking. Araion just put the twins down as they fell asleep.))

"Just call me Gabe," he told Ariaon. "I feel like I'm being scolded every time someone calls me Gabrielle," he laughed., watching as the twins slowly became drowsy. "I suppose you're probably right. I'm feeling so fatherly right now," he joked. "But seriously. I would have no idea where to start," he told her as she laid the children down. "I guess it doesn't really matter. When the time comes I'll deal with it, right?" he said, smiling at her. "Though, I like the idea of a little mini-me, running around, singing Metallica," he laughed.

Gabe laughed at Araion's comment about Lilly and Draven. "I don't think he'd do anything either way," he told her. "He won't even go out to pick up chicks our age with me. I told him I'd be his wingman but eh, whatever. Guess he's got a thing for school girls," he said with a wink. He grinned as she wrote something down in the planner he had just given her. "Good," he said to her. "Now you can't give it back."

Friendly Gaian

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
(( Amber's walking down the hallway with Ariel, also. I'm not sure what to do with her. I don't want her going up in the room with everyone else because she doesn't have rent to pay and it'd be a little weird, haha. ))

Obsessive Hunter

12,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conversationalist 100

Lillian listened to Draven as she continued to prepare the dinner for them both. She turned to him as the noddles began to cook and gave him a soft, sad smile before going over to him, placing a hand on his left shoulder. "I can imagine," she said, a comforting tone to her voice after noticing he seemed slightly... distant. As if he was thinking about something in particular that had happened. She walked back over to the food that she was working on and continued to cook the food, unsure of what to say next. When she was sure that the food would be ok by itself for a while, she went back over near Draven and sat across from in on the couch, sipping her glass of water.

Her eyes lit up as she thought of something and placed the glass on the coffee table in front of her. "Hold on, I'll be right back," she told him, standing up and going into her bedroom. She returned just a few moments later with something in the palm of her hand. She took Draven's in her free and, palm upwards and pressed the object into the palm of his hand. It was a round stone with the word "HOPE" etched into it. The stone was smooth and it was clear that it was not one of the man made ones that you would find in a gift store. The word was etched crudely into the stone. Lilly smiled at Draven. "Whenever the day's events have you feeling less then worth it. Hold this and think of all the good you've brought into this world," she told him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff