Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                                Zoey was about to reply to Jackson when she felt Ava run over and hug her legs. Reaching down, she patted the young girl's head affectionately and gave her a very kind smile. "Good morning, Ava." Zo said enthusiastically as she watched Ava struggle a little to remember something. She assumed it had to do with Ian considering Ava was scrunching her face in concentration at him. Ian raised an eyebrow and looped his arm around Zoey again as he waited patiently. Finally the little girl remembered whatever it had been and said good morning to Ian too. It was entirely amusing for Zoey to watch Ava in action. Ava was such an intelligent child and Jackson was doing so well with her. Before Jackson and Ava left, Jackson had invited her to go over after school and have a tea party with the two of them. Zoey never took such invitations lightly considering Jackson wasn't one to mess with letting just anyone around Ava. She would have to weasel her way from Ian's side later to go and see Ava for a bit.

It wasn't that Ian was that clingy or anything really. Their relationship was just starting and it was something new for the both of them. Ian and Zoey's 'relationship' before getting together had been all about sex and being 'just friends'. Zoey had never had a real relationship before then and had previously had a crush on Jackson. Of course Ian was going to be a little worried about his Little Red wandering. As much as she cared about Ian, she wasn't just going to stop being friends with Jackson and Ava though. Zoey was just as worried about Ian as he was about her though. Ian's last serious girlfriend was still in Devonshire falls and Zoey had seen her giving Ian the eye. There wasn't any apparent attraction going from Ian to her, but it was basically the same concept as him worrying about something happening between Zoey and Jackson. It was a little different though. Zoey was entirely over her little school-girl crush and Jackson was just a friend. Occasionally she would flirt with him, but that was only because she knew it wouldn't go anywhere and that was how she wanted it now. She would never flirt with him in front of Ava though. That was one thing she had promised herself she wouldn't do. Ava had been though enough crap and Zoey didn't want Ava to get too attached in case Jackson didn't want Zoey around at all anymore.

Mikhail had finally called them up to give them their things, which Zoey was grateful for. She was tired of standing and thinking about everything. Later she would go see Ava, go to the meeting, then spend the rest of her night with Ian. Taking Ian's wallet from his pocket then sticking her tongue out at him playfully, Zoey walked to the counter and paid for their items. With food and drink in hand now, the both left the store, the noise of playful banter between then drifting down the street.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Zo! No more." Ian finally managed in between deep breaths. Zoey busted up laughing as she finally stopped tickling the bottoms of Ian's feet. He was laying on the floor of his living room with Zoey sitting on his calves, facing away from him. "Say mercy." Zoey demanded as she trailed her index finger up and down the sole of his foot. He squirmed a little then sat up abruptly, wrapping his arms around Zoey's thin frame. His hands immediately went to her sides. "No, no, Red. You beg for mercy." Ian countered as he began to tighten his fingers in a tickling motion on her rib cage. Zoey squirmed and clamped her lips shut after taunting him by sticking out her tongue. Ian began to rapidly tickle her and Zoey was glad they had chosen to go to his house. After all, people at the inn wouldn't like hearing tons of loud laughing when it was beginning to get late. Leaning forward, Zoey was in a turtle formation as Ian tickled her restlessly. When people saw Ian from a distance, they normally didn't think playful or anything of the sort, but when you got close to him and became friends, that tough outter exterior crumbled like a good cake. Though all of her laughing and struggling, Zoey finally managed to sputter out a "Mercy and Ian complied shortly after. He didn't take his arms from around her though. Zoey leaned back against his bare chest and smiled contently. They would have to leave for the meeting soon, but it was always nice to get to spend some down time with Ian. She felt his fingers begin to move through her hair gently and, as an automatic response, her eyes blue eyes closed.

When they had first gotten back to Ian's apartment earlier, they had eaten their breakfast and then watched the news. Zoey hardly ever left town and had never really been anywhere besides Devonshire Falls and podunk Kansas so she regularly watched the news, even before going to work. Having never been to college, Zoey knew she wouldn't be doing anything too fancy work wise, so she settled for working at the inn when she arrived in Devonshire Falls. At first she had just been renting a room at the Wayfarer Inn with some money she had saved up over the years when she was with her parents, but after about two months worth of doing odd jobs and eating Ramen every night, Ian finally offered to give her a monthly rented room and a job there. As much as Zoey hated cleaning the rooms and dealing with the silent, designated "quiet hours", she wasn't going to be too picky about what she was doing. Plus, her rent was taken out of her pay and she had plenty to live off of after that. As a special bonus, she also got to have Ian around all the time.

Zoey had a thing for older men, as long as they were a couple years older than her, but she never really thought she would be with someone much older than her like Ian. As a matter of fact, she hadn't really come to Devonshire Falls with the thought of even being with anyone in a serious relationship. Sure, there was her crush on Jackson, but it had mainly been a "let's have one date or something and then hit the bedroom" type thing. Ian was Zoey's first and only serious relationship. Zoey had been with guys before, around three to be exact, but had never actually stuck around with them or stayed the night with them after getting what she wanted. Ian remembered the first night she had actually been with Ian and then ended up staying the night with him too.

Laying covered in sweat in the blue and gray bedding, Zoey felt Ian's chest heaving against her back. A smile crept onto her face and she rolled over. She placed her hand gently on Ian's cheek and planted a kiss on his lips. Not just a tiny peck but it wasn't something she would go as far as calling passionate either. "I need to get going. I'll be up in time for work tomorrow though. Don't worry. Zoey whispered before running her hand though his hair and giving him another kiss, not failing to bite his lower lip. Sitting up, Zoey made no attempt to cover her body as she turned to get up from the bed. A tug at her hair stopped her right as she had swung her legs over the edge of the bed. Plopping back down, Zoey turned her head to look behind her right as the television suddenly turned off and silence ensued. "Stay here," the words echoed through her head, taking Ian's tone of voice as their own. Zoey pressed her hands over her face and began to hum. Mid-hum, she stopped to say one thing though, ""Okay.". Suddenly the television noise was back and she stopped humming altogether. It wasn't a normal thing for people to let her, or want her really, to know what they were thinking or feeling. Ian had just let her do both, willingly. The wall of emotion that had hit her was something she wasn't familiar with though and made her curious.

That was how their actual relationship had started though. Pulling herself out of her reverie, Zoey turned her head and kissed Ian's cheek. "Put a shirt on, handsome. Time to go," she said sweetly before pulling herself from his arms slowly. Her hair was hanging around her shoulders now, but she pulled it over one shoulder after standing up. Putting her hand out, she 'helped' Ian up and after one more kiss, Ian went to the bedroom to get a shirt. Finally he came back, Zoey's umbrella in hand, and moved toward the door. Zoey grabbed both their wallets, slipped her shoes on, then took his free hand as they left the house together. With the ran hitting the umbrella, there was just enough noise for her to not hear anyone's thoughts. "What are you thinking about?" Ian asked her as he squeezed her hand. Zoey just shook her head and they continued walking that way. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk to him or anything, but once Zoey started thinking about things, there was really no stopping her until it finally would just go away by itself.

Shortly, they arrived at the town hall for the meeting and Zoey looked around. There were tons of people there, including a dog which Zoey found a little odd. Ian pointed out a place to sit relatively in the middle of the room and they moved there quickly. Sitting down, Zoey leaned into Ian as he put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close. "I grabbed your iPod just in case," Ian stated as he handed her her iPod. Taking the silver object in hand, Zoey kissed his cheek in thanks then began to look around to see who all was already there and to see if someone she wanted to talk to was around.

"" "" Thought

User Image User Image User Image User Image xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bashful Loiterer

User Image

User Image

“Eeuggh, damn it!” Finnegan heard his older sister Lucy curse before removing her phone from her ear. She muttered other obscenities about the person who had been on the other end. Who had happened to be her soon to be ex-husband. Finnegan knew better than to get in between his sister and Frank. Well most days, today however was not one of them. “You should watch the way you speak Luc, you don't want Davie picking up your bad language.” Finnegan said as stirred a pot on the stove in the kitchen of the restaurant his family owned called The Silver Plate. Lucy frowned at him and poked him in the shoulder. “What are you my dad now, last time I checked you were my little brother. Besides Davie's only eight months he is not picking up words just yet, and he is not here.” Finnegan did not bother to respond since he knew how stubborn his sisters were and how useless it was to say anything. Davie Lucy's son was currently with their mother, who was probably spoiling the baby. Lucy changed the topic and asked curiously. “What's all the food for?” Finnegan answered her still stirring his pot in which he was making sauce for macaroni. “There's a town meeting tonight, so I'm making food for it. People will probably be hungry, and not everyone likes baked goods.” Finnegan himself loved Mikhail baked goods. There had even been times when The Marlowes had asked if the bakery could make a cake or something for a dessert. Finnegan could bake, but he was much better at cooking. It was nice that the people in Devonshire Falls were not against helping their neighbors. Jonathan and Susan Marlowe taught all the children to cook, but their son was the best out of all of them. He was even a better cook than both of them. “So what are you making?” Lucy asked with her mouth slightly watering for the aroma of Finnegan's cooking. “Not much, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, broccoli, salad, lentil soup, turkey, and seitan for vegetarians.” Finnegan himself was a vegetarian, but he would cook meat. “That's not much?” Lucy said incredulously. Finnegan turned off the stove and rubbed the back of h is head sheepishly. “Well, I am feeding most of the town, so yeah I guess it is a lot of food.”

“Well next time I'm going to sample everything you make, I can't today though.” Finnegan gave her a puzzled look. “I thought everyone who lives in town had to go to the meeting.” Lucy answered him as she put her coat on. “Probably, but I don't live in town anymore, and I have a meeting in Indianapolis to get to.” The Marlowes had lived in Devonshire Falls since Finnegan was twelve, before that Yorkshire, England. His and his sisters accents were no longer as strong as their parents' own accents are. Clara was the first to get out of the restaurant and start her own business. The clothing store in town called The Cat's Meow that was next to Charlie Lake's salon. One day the two neighboring business owners decided to have lunch together, and his eldest sister and Charlie have been dating for the past two years. Lucy though was the first to actually leave the town. She wanted to be a hot shot lawyer working for this large firm. Where she met her soon to be ex-husband. Who had no powers, and was unaware that Lucy had any. Like most people that lived in the Wisconsin town The Marlowes were different. As in the Jonathan Marlowe could control wind, his wife Susan could cause explosions, their eldest Clara could make small object appear when she wanted them, Lucy controlled water, Their youngest Regina “Reggie” could read minds. For a long time Jonathan and Susan thought that their only son had no powers of his own. They found not that was not the case. Finnegan did have a gift immunity, and technically speaking while maybe not in the whole town, it was in a way more powerful than any of his family's. Telepaths can not read his mind for example, but he also could not be healed by those with the power to do so. His mother fixated on that fact much to his annoyance. Finnegan still had to remind her that everyday people are not healed with people with powers. Even Doctor Gene Berne had no powers of his own, and he was considered the best doctor in town. Finnegan was not stupid he knew that he was not invincible. He could still be effected by certain gifts indirectly. Like if someone were try to electrocute him by touching him nothing would happen. If they electrocuted something else and then he touched it he would get shocked.

“It was nice seeing you little bro.” Lucy said as she placed her arm around Finnegan in a half hug. She stood slightly on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to the side of his short brunet hair. Finnegan smiled at both the hug and the kiss. “I'm not little Luc.” He said in a lighthearted manner before turning around and engulfing her in hug. “Well, you may be taller taller than me, but I'm still one of your big sisters.” All the Marlowe siblings were close, but Lucy and Finnegan were the closest in age. So, they got along very well most days. Like all siblings they still had their squabbles. “It was nice seeing you and Davie too.” Finnegan said as he released his older sister from his grasp. “I hope that poor man's daughter is found..and is still alive. Maybe when things settle down you can come out visit, good bye.” ”So do I, I can't even imagine what he is going through.” Finnegan said somberly before his mood changed back into it usual lighthearted one. He nodded and gave Lucy a light smile. “I would like that, goodbye. It was nice to see you and it's nice to see you go.” Finnegan replied jokingly causing Lucy to stick her tongue out at him in a playful manner before she walked out the door. Once his sister had left to fetch her son from their mother Finnegan began cooking again. With having to feed a large number of mouths he had his work set out for him. By the time everything was cooked it was about time to head out. He made sure everything in catering serving dishes and was ready to transported to the town hall. He would load in the van his parents own for catering maybe with one or both of sisters' minus Lucy help later. His father usually helped, but he was currently in the hospital for a broken arm. Due to slipping on ice outside. His mother since she no longer had to watch Davie, would probably be at the hospital. Reggie was studying to be a nurse, so she was often at the hospital. Clara, though you never knew what she was going to do. Finnegan did not mind, it would not be the first time he had cooked, transported, and set up food by himself. Well, maybe it was the largest amount of food, but he was not going to think of that.

After once again checking that everything was in order he loaded the van, locked up the restaurant, and drove it to his apartment. He ran inside threw his grimy and greasy clothes due to cooking all day off, and jumped into the shower. It felt great to wash the day's work on his body, and he felt refreshed when he was done bathing. He got dressed quickly, and called Clara. “Hey, are you at the town hall.” Finnegan asked. “Yes, and I know what you're going to ask. Charlie and I set up the tables for the food. Right now where making sure no one commandeers them, hahaha. Well we let, Sweet Sunday have a table, but there still plenty of room. We'll help you unload once you get here.” Clara said in a loud voice over the din of the others talking in the background. He could very faintly hear Charlotte “Charlie” his eldest sister's girlfriend talking in the background. She was saying something about his cooking and Clara answer was hard to make out. “Charlie says she hopes you made plenty of food, that way she'll be set on leftovers for the week, hahaha.” Finnegan also laughed. “Tell her, maybe she'll get lucky, but if there isn't she can always stop by the restaurant. I'll see you guys in a bit.” Both he and sister said their goodbyes and hung by their cellphones. Finnegan put his winter gear back on and headed out the door. He was happy that it was done raining for the time being. He did hear that it might snow later in the night, but that did not bother him. Like most people who lived in Northern United States he was used to the cold and long winters. He got in the van and drove to the town hall. The local government building was not large enough to hold most the people that would be arriving for the meeting. Luckily it was connected to auditorium that Mayor Harker used during her speeches. Like the one that would be happening tonight. He arrived at the meeting place, and found his sister and Charlie outside. With three of them doing so they quickly had the van unpacked. Finnegan was carrying the last of it, the dish with the turkey in it when he heard panting. He turned around and looked down, and saw a bulldog. A very old looking dog that was giving him a expectant at look and licking its chops every once in a while. “Oh, hello there...are you lost?” Finnegan asked perfectly aware that the dog would or could not answer him. He made his way inside for the umpteenth time and looked back to see that the dog was following him. He smiled and shook his head. He placed the plate down on one of the tables, and happened to spot an attractive pairing looking under seats. Maybe they were looking for the dog. Finnegan with dog still following him as if he was magnet of some kind, made their way over to them. “Excuse me is he yours? He has been following me around due to food I was carrying.” He said using his thumb to point behind him at the dog. Finnegan gave Garrett and Daniel both whom he had never met a friendly smile. “I don't think we've met, I'm Finnegan Marlowe.”

OOC: Whoot I live! Aaron and Cade are next!

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
telekinesis + telepathy

Mi-Young was always quite cheerful. Despite being damp, embarrassing herself, and falling on her bum, nothing could really rain on the Korean girl’s parade. Sure there are days when she’d get lonely and she’d miss her oppa but everyone had days like that. She just happened to have them more frequently than some others may because she’s virtually by herself. Which is not as bad as it seems.
                                So far, today wasn’t one of those days. It’s dreary and wet outside but inside the music store, the space was filled with music and warmth. As of right now, she wasn’t lonely nor sad. Just content to be at her home-away-from-home.

Even though she had made a goof of herself in front of her boss and her cheeks were a bit flushed, Mimi didn’t really care. Heck, Matthias was a bit of a goof himself. That was part of the reason she enjoyed working at Treble & Clefton so much. The atmosphere was lively and fun, just like her personality so it was a nice fit. When Matthias helped her up, she smiled happily but the smile soon disappeared from her vibrant face as her eyes glowed pink. She could see what he was thinking.

As her boss’ memories flashed before her eyes, she trembled and tears streamed down her cheeks. So much death. So much sadness. So much pain. This wasn’t the first time Mi-Young had accidentally seen Matthias’ thoughts, in fact, this was probably one of many considering their close proximity working in the music store but she had never let on that she knew. In fact, she never wanted him to know she knew. It would only open old wounds and she wasn’t one for intentionally digging into someone’s past if they didn’t voluntarily offer the information.

Quickly pulling away from him, her eyes returned to normal and she quickly turned to wipe away her tears before plastering a smile back on her face and walking with him towards the counter. If it hadn’t been for the frap and the pastry, she probably wouldn’t have been able to smile so easily because the Asian girl was quite a transparent individual at times.
                                She giggled when he winked at her and listened attentively as he informed her there was nothing else to be done then winked again which only made her giggle more. Such a dangerously charming man he was. But before they got to goof off, her phone started to vibrate and she held the pastry in her mouth as she checked it. It was a text:

To: Ms. Park Mi-Young
                                SMS: Town meeting. Now.

When she finished reading the message, confusion registered on her face. Mi-Young quickly finished up the pastry, wiped her hands, and looked at her boss for answers. Why the sudden town meeting? Or maybe the mayor had informed them beforehand and it just slipped her mind? She was scatter-brained at times. ”Uhhhh…shall we go then?” she asked her boss tentatively not entirely sure about what to do and what to expect. Hopefully, the meeting isn’t for breaking bad news like when that poor girl disappeared.

User Image
                                ►►► Lace up your shoes...
                                Ay Oh Ay Oh Oh
                                Here's how we do... ◄◄◄

Run, baby run. Don't ever look back. ☜
                                They'll tear us apart - if you give them the chance.
                                Don't sell your , don't say we're not meant to be.
                                Run, baby run. Forever will be...You and me. ☼

Bashful Loiterer

User Image

It was a cold and wet morning in town of Devonshire Falls, Wisconsin. A small town where most of its citizens had an unique ability or two. Like all towns it had its up and downs, but mainly things stayed quite. Well they did until Maryanne the teenage daughter of the town's doctor disappeared. Sadly it was and is not the first time a young girl as disappeared. One had been younger sister of Shaun Seville, whose body was found a week after she went missing. The other was the daughter of Cronus Vasile. She has yet to be found, and as time passing the doubt that she ever will be grows stronger. Whether or not all missing children cases are linked is not known. Both incidents were before either the current town sheriff or his deputy was in office. The last sheriff Reynolds retired when his age and health would not let him keep up with his duties. He urged Mayor Harker and the town's people to elect Chase Micheals his new deputy to be sheriff. Everyone agreed and Chase won the election by a landslide. The sheriff spent a year going through several officers to find which one would be best to act as his deputy. None of them panned out. They were good cops, but did not have the qualities he need in someone who was not just his second in command, but his partner as well. That would all change when Aaron De Rossi moved to Devonshire Falls from Chicago. In all honesty Chase nor really anyone liked Aaron when he first arrived.

Sure his no nonsense attitude to the job was a breath of fresh air, but he could be a real stick in the mud. He never had any desire to go out with the rest of cops, or to even meet people outside the precinct. He just wanted to work, and only work. He would get out old case files particularly ones missing girls, and pour over every little detail in them. Chase was having reservations about even giving Aaron the promotion as first. When he found out what happen to the poor man he changed his mind. Aaron's family had been murdered by someone with the ability to hop bodies. Who that person was or is he still does not know. However he is determined to find out. The fact that Aaron was still working and functioning member of society impressed the sheriff. He was not sure if he could cope like Aaron was after having his young children and wife killed. He had even ventured to ask. “So, did you think about killing yourself...after...well you know?” Chase said out of the blue during his and Aaron turn to tag speeding cars and give out tickets to those who did. In all in was a pretty boring job since no one really sped in Devonshire Falls. Chase knew is question was not the most subtle or elegant, but he was not subtle kind of guy. Regardless if Aaron was offended or not he still answered. “Yes, I did. I even went as far as getting my gun and writing a note. Then something stopped me. Dieing won't bring back my family, and the b*****d who had killed them would still be free. So, I torn up the note and unloaded my gun, and got my life back on track...I will find out who killed my wife and children, even if it's the last thing I do.” Well after hearing that speech any doubts Sheriff Micheals had about making Aaron is deputy vanished.

“Maybe if he got laid he won't be such a tight a**.” Officer Ryan Reynolds muttered has he opened up one of the many file cabinets in the station. He was a traffic cop, and was the last person to file. He placed files in the cabinets incorrectly, such to the annoyance of both the sheriff and his deputy. It was Aaron who ordered the Ryan not only place the files in the cabinet he had messed up in the correct order but to reorganize all of them. Since apparently the officer did see the importance of being organized, and how it made solving cases easier. Despite being a small town Devonshire Falls Police Department did have its share case files the same as any of police department would have. The files though were mainly made of traffic violations and few robberies. So, in all Officer Reynolds' task would take him some time. He had said his earlier comment in a hushed voice certain that no one could hear him. Especially Deputy De Rossi. Fortunately Aaron had not heard his remark, unfortunately Sheriff Micheals had. “What was that Officer Reynolds? You weren't speaking ill of fellow cop and a high ranking officer were you?” The older man said as he poured himself a cup of coffee from the freshly brewed pot someone else had made. It was true that the station's coffee was not the best, but it was awful either. Chase did not much about the taste he just wanted the caffeine. He had been up for the past two days going over witness testimonies for Maryanne's case. The Sheriff looked like a wreck, but was too damn stubborn to do anything about it. Officer Reynolds stiffen as he heard the calm, but assertive voice of his superior. “N...n...nothing Sheriff!” He stammered out as he began going through the As. Chase took a sip of coffee before answering. “Good, I wouldn't want you to have to clean the drunk tank for the next month, or if I have to suspend you.” Chase threatened. Reynolds blanched, filing and cleaning was one thing, but the last thing he wanted was to be suspended from duty. He nodded furiously and renewed his task quietly with vigor. Certain that he had place the fear of god in the under ranking cop Chase smirked at himself and poured another mug. He was not a mean boss, but Reynolds needed someone to remind him of his place. He left the young cop to his filing and went to find Aaron.

Aaron like Chase looked haggard, but not as much as the sheriff. Mainly due to the fact that he had gotten three hours worth of sleep the night before. Not much, but when you have been up for days it was a breath of fresh air. He was sitting at his desk going over testimonies. How did a young girl just vanish in a town where everyone practically knew each other. Devonshire Falls although not tiny was not large town. So, there were many places of the kidnapper or kidnappers to keep Maryanne. They had no idea if she was taken by one or more people. That was if she was still town. So, far no body had shown up. That did not mean that one would not sadly. Due to the weather there were still places they had not been able to check yet. One of those being the lake near the town park. A shiver went up Aaron's back as the thought of dragging the lake and finding Maryanne's body crossed his mind. He hoped and prayed that the girl was still alive. He knew what it felt like to lose your children, and he did not wish such a fate on anyone. He kept on reading files until his mind started to wander to past events and of his own children. His wife and daughter were out having what his wife Jessica called a 'girl's day out.' Which was made up of clothing shopping, a hair cut for Emily, and if she was good a special gift. Which could range from candy to a toy. Not that Emily got a gift every time she was out regardless of her being good or not. Aaron impracticality was more likely to giving her and Luke her baby brother hugs and kisses. While Jessica loved her children her husband was more affectionate. Four year old Emily did not mind getting those hugs and kisses from her father. In fact she seemed to at times like them more than her mother's gifts. To put things simply she was daddy's girl and looked to him as her role model. Even going as far as to say that she wanted to be him one. It had happened during a visit from her grandmother before she had passed away later that same year. Emily's grandmother had asked Emily what she wanted to be when she grew up. Expecting the little girl to answer with the typical answers of ballerina, vet, movie star her grandmother was surprised and amused by answer given to her. “Daddy!” Emily said with vigor looking quite proud at her choice of careers. v“So, you want to be in the F.B.I?” Emily shook her head her curly brown hair bobbing side to side. “No, I want to be daddy...I can't even spell F.B.I.” Her grandmother just smile and kept her comments to herself. Emily's answer made no sense, but she was only four, and what four year old ever made sense. When she told her son in law this Aaron just laughed lightheartedly at the whole thing.

While Emily and her mother were out Aaron was home with Luke. It had been sometime since he had gotten time off and time alone with his son. His day so far had been made up of, tickling, kissing, picking his son up a spinning him circles. His small little one year old son seem to be delighted at all the games and attention being given to him that day. When Aaron went to change him for his nap he really had his father attention. By the time Luke's nap time rolled around both Aaron and Luke were ready to past out. His wife and daughter were still not home, and probably would not be for a couple of hours. He had changed and put Luke into his pajamas. They were both sitting on the floor and Aaron was reading a book by Doctor Seuss out loud. He finished the book and was about to get up when he heard giggling. He already knew that the source of the giggling was Luke. He was curious to find out what he was giggling at. It did take him long to find the source. Aaron smiled when saw what was causing his son such a joy. Above his head floated a collection of Luke's favorite toys. Some parents or people might have been shocked or frightened. Aaron and his wife were not what the rest of the world calls normal. He had the unique gift of being able to copy any psychical moment just by seeing it. Once was all it took before Aaron could do it. His wife was fast, really fast. Funny how no one at work seem to notice running rather than driving there. No one knew what made people like Aaron and his wife. Not that anyone was really looking for answer. After all no one wanted to a be a guinea pig for the government. Since both Aaron and wife had powers it was not a shock to him that Luke would as well. Emily probably did also, but just had not come into them yet. “That's very good little man, now help daddy put them away.” Aaron said still kneeling and giving a Luke a smile. Luke giggled happily and soon the toys were floating toward the toy box.

Sound and the smell of Chase coming into the office and placing a mug of coffee down in front on him, broke Aaron from his thoughts. That or his tired mind was playing tricks on him. He looked up from the file he had been going over, and saw that Chase really was there. The Sheriff gave him a weak smile and pointed to the mug. “I figured you needed that as badly has I did.” Aaron picked up the still steaming mug and blew on it before taking a sip. “Thanks, Chase.” The other man just nodded. “Any luck?” Chase said with a sigh. Aaron knew that Chase already knew the answer to his question. There was nothing wrong in hoping that it might change. “No.” Was Aaron's straight to the point answer. Chase sighed again. “I'm going to take a few cops with me and hand out fliers for the meeting tonight. I need you and who is left to cover the station. The meeting is at seven, you will need to be there. Just assign the usual night shift officers.” Chase said while grabbing his coat and putting it on. Aaron gave him a salute. “Got it boss, I'll see you at seven.” After The Sheriff had left Aaron resumed going through the files on his desk. By the time he was done it was late afternoon and his search had been fruitless. He rubbed a cramp out of his neck and got up to get another cup of coffee. So far that day coffee had been the only thing in his system. He probably should eat something, but the thought of food did not sound appealing. Reynolds had also left when his shift came to an end one hour earlier. Aaron knew that the traffic cop did not care for him much. Frankly he could not of cared less. The hours passed by and nothing of interest happened at the station. By the time the clock read 6:30 he head out of the station, leaving it to be managed by others. The station was very close to the town hall so it did not take him long to get there. He spotted Chase and pushed past people in the crowd to reach him. Mayor Harker and her assistant David Walters were there was well. The Mayor was giving out orders here and there, and Walters as usual was acting like a whipped puppy. “G...g...g...good evening Deputy.” The small bespectacled man greeted with his usual stammer. Aaron nodded his head in greeting. “Hello Walters.”

He then turned his attention to Chase. “Has everyone arrived?” Chase surveyed the crowd before answering. “I believe so, but others will past on anything I have to say.” After Chase had said this he began to feel woozy and stumbled forward. “You're not going to say anything Sheriff Micheals.” Mayor Meredith Harker said looking both concern and stern at the same time. “I'm fine Madame Mayor.” Chase said shaking his head to wake himself up. “No, you're not I can tell that it has been days since the last time you slept. Go home and asleep. If you start hallucinating from lack of sleep you will be useless in the search for the poor girl. Deputy De Rossi can take over.” The Mayor said in her most demanding and authoritarian voice. The Sheriff knew that it was useless to argued sigh and handed Aaron the speech that Walters had written for him. Even if he had wanted to fight the mayor's power of persuasion would of made it hopeless. He excused himself and left. Aaron went over the speech and committed what he could of it to memory. By the time 7 o'clock had rolled around the town hall was teeming with town folk. Aaron went up to a podium on the elevated area where he, Mayor, Harker, and Walters were standing. He surveyed the crowd and spotted Doctor Gene Berne and Maryanne's younger brother in the front row. A wave of pity made its way from Aaron to the good doctor. Whether or not Gene sensed it he did not know. He cleared his throat before speaking into the microphone. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen of our beloved town of Devonshire Falls of the state of Wisconsin.”

The hushed that filled the town hall after his greeting was almost frightening. Aaron cleared his throat once more and began again. “Sheriff Micheals was not able to deliver his speech tonight so I will be doing it for him. I know that everyone knows that Maryanne Berne was been missing for the past two weeks. The Sheriff's Station and The Mayor's people are doing what they can for her. We need volunteers for search parties. The lake will should be thawed enough to drag later in the week. I hope and pray to every power above that we do not find her in there. If anyone has any information even if it's just a feeling please share it with me or Sheriff Micheals. Any help we can get will help us find that poor girl.” Aaron said taking a deep breath before adding something that was not on the speech. “We will find the kidnapper or kidnappers, and when we do I will make them feel sorry for ever living in our town and destroying its peace.” Whether or not the others in town realized that only another town folk could of taken Maryanne Aaron did not know. His speech was concluded by Mayor Harker taking over. “Thank you Deputy De Rossi.” She said with a nod. “There is another reason why I called you all here tonight. I'm sure some of you have heard that a journalist from out of town is coming. I need everyone with gifts to keep them as low key as possible. We don't want this reporter writing a piece on our town and becoming guinea pigs for the government. Still I want you all to be help and courtesy. We may be different than some, but we still have manners in Devonshire Falls. Now that is all we need to say, please stay for refreshments provided by The Silver Plate and Sweet Sunday.”

User Image

Shy Saint

User Image

〉〉 GARRETT NOBEL SAIDYST 〈〈

❝every life hangs on a thread. its so delicate, and fragile.
so easily destroyed and taken away in the blink of an eye. ❞

lay your head down child...i won't let the boogeyman come
counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums

Garrett shrugged. Trust me; I could make walking for you way more difficult… He thought as he flashed her a quick smile, biting his bottom lip. It was always so difficult trying to be a ‘good boy. He wasn’t use to it, not as use to it as you’d think he’d been. As years passed, he buried a lot of those good traits, those normal ones. He didn’t really enjoy that, but it made living a little easier. Maybe it would be better to try like he was. Just every once in a great while. It wasn’t like he planned on keeping friends, just learning how to converse without seducing someone would be good. “Well, whatever it is, I honestly don’t think you’ll need to reverse it. You’ll just have to make sure you aren’t near me…” He muttered under his breath as a rush of difference scenarios came through his head.
                                If her touch did anything painful or deadly, he wouldn’t be hurt. Well, he would, but all he’d have to do it touch her and he’d be fine. The more he spoke to her, the less he wanted to know her. He was fascinated by her, and he was enjoying her company which was a horrible thing. Killing a stranger was nothing. It lost its traumatizing effect. Sure, he felt bad, but he never really thought about it. It was just another dead body that would be turned to ash or buried in a cemetery earlier then expected. He never had to face the family, he never suffered any loss, he never had to think about it. All his friends and family died so long ago that it never really bugged him. The only thing that bugged him was that he couldn’t die, at least not as easily a most people. Gaining new friends, people to care about, it was something he didn’t want. He didn’t want to care about others. He didn’t want to have to carry guilt if he killed someone he loved. After she accepted to help him, they began on their search. As she spoke of her power, he listened carefully. A frown crossed his face and he looked at the ground. Compared to him, she was a child, and she was going through the same thing he had when he first discovered his power. Only she got nothing from it, and she was taking a batter path then he did.
                                That was a good thing, there didn’t need to be people like him.
                                “You are always going to hurt someone.” He said as he looked up at her. “It’s not a matter of touching them or not, accidents happen, and most of the time it’s because you focus too hard on not letting it happen.” He said, his dark eyes focusing on her. “It will get easier though. Death becomes less of a thing to worry about; it’s more of the guilt you have to carry with it. Don’t worry though, the more your take the risk of using it, they better you get at controlling it.” Garrett took a deep breath and showed her his hands. “I learned, I just have a problem of keeping my hands to myself.” He said, a small twisted smile crossing his lips before he shook his head and closed his eyes. “Sorry…sometimes things just…slip.” He said before carrying on with looking for his dog.” He didn’t mean for any of it to come out harsh, or rude. But it was the truth. Soon she wouldn’t care about the death of those she killed. Anyone that a power that killed became numb to it as time passed. His eyes danced around the crowed, still searching for his dog. With his luck, the old monster was probably gone. He was an adorable dog and way more friendly then his master. Someone was bound to take him. Actually, it was kind of funny that no one had noticed that a dog was alright around, or maybe no one cared. He wouldn’t doubt it. There were a lot of people that were laid back, and normal…more normal that others anyway. When a male voice his Garrett’s ears, he turned his head to see a very attractive man. Yeah, there was no way he could behave now. Especially with eyes like that. They were a brown, but they were bright and full of hope. He gave out a weak smile before looking behind the man and at his bull dog. “ Yeah, that wrinkly goof would be mine.” He said before kneeling down on knee and whistling. The short stubbly legged dog came hopping over, and one he was close, Garrett placed the collar and leash back on the dog and stood up. “Thank you.’ He said. When the man introduced himself, Garrett gave a pleased grin. “I’m Garrett Saidyst, and this is Danielle Heart.” He said motioning over to the beautiful woman that helped him search.
                                Garrett then looked at the dog that was sitting at his feet. “And this is Jar Jar…” He trailed off as he heard the Deputy’s voice echo out of the speakers. Turning his head, he looked at the man, and almost glared. He wasn’t found of law enforcement. Maybe it was because most of the time they were looking for him because of murders. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. “They aren’t going to find her in time, and if they do, it won’t be the way they hope. “ Garrett muttered, watching as the mayor took the stage. As she spoke, he snickered and ran his fingers through his hair. “That is exactly what this town needs…”
                                Going to the town meeting was a bad idea. He hadn’t really liked being around people, and this just got in his nerves. He hated most people, and the mayor was no exception. In fact, there was something about her that he deeply loathed. Realizing he was still around Danielle and Finnegan, he sighed and rubbed his eyes. “Sorry…I’m not very good with....idiots…”
                                ooc; this is terrible and I apologize, but I was feeling really bad for keeping people waiting. I'm sorry ><

The boogeymen are coming!!

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User ImageUser Image
                                          As much as Matthias loved working at the store, there were instances that he was curious about his co-worker. It wasn't often that these things happened, but there were random instances where her mood changed. Matthias tried to ignore them -- not because he didnt care, but because she typically covered them as quickly as they had come, which meant she probably didn't want to talk about it. So he didn't. Matthias would respect her privacy. He was worried, yes, but he couldn't help if she didn't want to talk to him about what ever was bothering her. Matthias didn't often talk about things he didn't feel like sharing; much like his past. They were things he thought about on a daily basis, yes, but that didn't mean he wanted to tell the whole world what had happened to him. Matthias was a happy individual for the most part, and he wanted to keep it that way. He didn't want to be sad. But he couldn't help but miss Ana. She was....the creamer to his coffee; the Happily to his ever after. But now wasn't the time to think of that. No, he had other things to worry about.

Watching his friend carefully, he offered her a friendly smile. He wasn't sure how much he could help if he didnt understand what it was, but he'd try?
                                          He was, however, happy to see her bounce back rather quickly and he nibbled on his muffin. He was going to enjoy his time just chillin' with Mi-young, though that was interrupted by the sound of her cellphone. Which ended up cancelling their fun a bit. Right, the meeting. Matthias had seen flyer's for it around town when he went to pick up their things from the bakery and coffee shop.
                                          "Oh, yeah, sure," Matthias smiled, finishing off the last of his muffin and he picked up his coffee and walked to the front door, turning the 'open' sign off. "I'll just close up real quick," he wanted to make sure that everything was secure. Like he needed to be stolen from any time soon.
                                          Heading into the back, Matthias grabbed up his bag, locked the backdoor, and then walked out into the main room, shutting off all the main lights, along with the stereo.
                                          "Alrighty," grabbing up his coat, along with Mi-young's things from behind the counter, he handed them to her, and helped her with her coat before he walked over and opened the door for her. "After you, Mademoiselle," he waved his hand towards the door and followed her when she exited, turning and locking the main door behind him. Everything was in order, which meant it was time to go.

Matthias waited for her to grab her bike, before following down the sidewalk towards Town hall with her. "I really hope this is good news, not bad news," Matthias spoke lightly, looking to Mi-young. The last time they had had a town meeting was when Maryanne went missing. That was never the kind of thing you wanted to hear about, and Matthias prayed they found the little girl safe and sound.
                                          Walking into the hall, Matthias held the door open for Mi-young before finding himself a seat, his eyes wandering. He hadn't seen Shaun yet.
                                          Pulling out his phone, he tried to fix that.

To: Shaun
                                          Yo, you at the meeting yet?
                                          Just got here with Mi-young.
                                          Where r u, sexipantsmcgee?

Putting the phone back into his pocket, he waited to feel a vibration; a response would be there when he felt that. Until then, he leaned back in his seat, stretched his arms behind his head and crossed his legs down at his ankles, perfectly stretched out and content for the time being. That is until he spotted the tables of food.
                                          "Dude free munchies!" Matthias couldn't help his excitement. Food was good. Free food was sometimes even better -- depending on where it was from of course -- but it looked damn good to him. And it was free! Sounded wonderful to him.
                                          Smiling sheepishly at his loud outburst, he chuckled and sunk back into his seat. Yup. That was Matthias....
                                          Sitting through the announcement, Matthias blinked a bit, not very pleased with the fact that they hadn't found Maryanne yet, but better not to find her dead....it was solemnly quiet and Matthias could understand why. It was hard to hear such things. Matthias would have to volunteer to help look for her. He had the time.
                                          But of course the mention of free food has his attention again. Dude, hell yes! Free food! Best way to distract him from sad thoughts; food.
                                          #8c0000 || #3b3b3b
                                          Quote:
                                          Outfit Dani next xD
User Image

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
              xxxx DANIELLE ━ HEART !!
                  IF YOU WERE GONE IN ANOTHER LIFEX I DON'T BELIEVE I WOULD JUST SURVIVEX I CAN FEEL YOU NEXT TO MEX AND ESCAPE FROM THE WORLD I'M IN
                  OH IM AFRAID OF THE WORLD IM INX ONE DAY I WILL SEE HEAVENS REACHX ILL FIND THE ONE WHO LEFT ME SLEEPING X EVERY WAR WAS ANOTHER SEED
                  IF YOU WERE GONE IN ANOTHER LIFEX I DON'T BELIEVE I WOULD JUST SURVIVEX I CAN FEEL YOU NEXT TO MEX AND ESCAPE FROM THE WORLD I'M IN
                  OH IM AFRAID OF THE WORLD IM INX ONE DAY I WILL SEE HEAVENS REACHX ILL FIND THE ONE WHO LEFT ME SLEEPING X EVERY WAR WAS ANOTHER SEED
              xxx
                ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                    Dani smiled back at him, though it faltered a moment as she heard him speak. So, did he have a similar situation to herself? It would make sense by what he said, but she didn't question it for the time being. She just met the man, and men were sometimes a bit touchy on past subjects; thing's that bothered them. She found this out the hard way one day, and she was never going back down that route again. Or thats what she kept telling herself.
                    "Depends on what I have done," she responded. And with what he could do. Dani could do a lot, and that included changing people's DNA's. It was organic, on a molecular level. And she had tried it once. And it worked! Changed a girls DNA strand so that her hair grew out red instead of blond. It was the biggest thing she had ever done, but it was certainly a break through. It made her more aware of what she could do. She wouldn't be surprised if people's powers were part of their gene's, so she could change them, or reverse them, or what have you. But that would probably take a lot of effort. An effort that Dani wasn't sure she could even pull off yet.

Talking about her powers was...interesting. She often times didn't get the chance. Most of the time she kept it to herself, simply because it was going to A| scare someone, or B| turn her into someone's guinea pig. Both options Dani didn't want.
                    So, she was also surprised when she got the reaction from Garret that she did. Looking up to him, Dani blinked a bit. She wasn't exactly expecting that kind of reaction, but she stayed silent as she listened to him, looking at him. Speaking from experience, she was sure. Which only made her heart ache lightly for him; someone who understood far too well what her life was like, and possibly going to be like. As much as Dani enjoyed her powers sometimes, she was positive that not everyone did. You just learned to live with what you had, because that was all you could do in situations like that. Dani was learning to live with the negative affects of her abilities, as unhappy as they made her, healing was something she would want; forever. She wanted to be able to heal someone when it came down to it. It just sucked that she couldn't touch people. Probably not...ever. She wasn't sure if she'd ever get that kind of control. At least he had some control, though his comment made her curious. It took her a moment to full grasp it. Okay, so she felt like an idiot for even taking the five seconds it took for her brain to recognize what he meant and she smiled a bit, though a light pink in her cheeks. Dani hadn't....been active in any sense. Because of her abilities. So she wasn't really sure it could even happen, well without the person dying...

Looking up, however, Dani smiled softly to him and reached up with her gloved hand and placed it lightly on his cheek. It was...humbling to have someone understand the pain she was going through. But it meant he had to experience it too, and that was something Dani didn't like to think about. Danielle Heart was, in fact, a bleeding heart. She couldn't help it. Sometimes she was far too kind for her own good.
                    Moving her hand, she continued to smile at him. "It's fine," and with that, she continued to help Garret look for his dog. How could a dog just disappear like that? Could he teleport? Oh, that'd probably make her giggle.
                    Hearing another voice, Dani stood up properly, brushing some stray hair from her face and turning to see a friendly-faced stranger. A rather good looking stranger. 'Too many good looking men in this place,' she thought to herself, smiling back. Her eyes wandered to the dog and she smiled, looking to Garret for a moment before looking back. "Oh how wonderful!" she was glad to see Jar jar was united with Garret again. Dani loved animals, and she would be distressed if her's went missing.
                    "Thank you very much, Finnegan," Smiling as Garret introduced the three of them -- Jar jar included -- Dani held out her gloved hand to shake. It was only polite.

"Danielle Heart. Just got into town today," she explained with a smile, though the town meeting seemed to start shortly after that, so Dani paused a moment to listen. A young girl was missing...how unfortunate. Too bad she didn't have some kind of psychic ability to figure out where the girl was. She was pretty sure a lot of people were wishing the same thing right now. Though she couldn't imagine how the parents were handling the whole thing. Dani had a hard enough time know her brother took her 'death' so hard. Her father -- of course that a*****e wouldnt care -- hadn't, but her mother..Dani didn't want to think about her past right now. It was much too painful, and she was already still a bit sore from the talk with Garret. Yes, she was such a bleeding heart. Ug. She hated that saying too. Since she was actually...a heart, since that's her last name and all, and she could kill people via blood. It was far too fitting for her sometimes.
                    Listening to Garret's comments, Dani softened. She understood the first one. He was probably right, unfortunately. When people - children especially - went missing, they usually were looking for a body after the first 48 hours. It was unfortunate, but that was typically how it went. Though Dani could hold a bit more hope than that that the little girl would be found. Perhaps she could help out?

Hearing of the reporter, Dani frowned. "That is quite unfortunate," so people here used their powers in the open? Well, that would be good for her. And that also explained why Jackson was there; he could teleport. Or that's what she had learned before she 'died'. Of course Jackson would find a place where he felt like he belonged in a sense, even if he wasn't the...kindest person in the world. Jackson deserved a place where he felt at home. And she understood why this place was it.
                    Looking to Garret, Dani shook her head lightly. "That first comment was a bit more truthful than I'm sure a lot of people want to hear, but I understand," she smiled. "And I just got here, so I guess it's good to know who not to talk to, right?" she giggled. She didn't want to get caught up in something over her head. As much as she liked to see the best in people, Dani knew she couldn't be nice with everyone. And not everyone was going to be someone she wanted to know. However, Garret happened to be in the group of people she wanted to know better. And Finnegan was in there too. He seemed like a total sweetie. She loved the vibe he gave off. And Garret was someone who could understand her on a level most people could never. And that was always...special.

Quote:
                    outfit I won't lie. I'm beginning to ship Dani and Garret. Something fierce. I need to knock these feels off. xD

OH I AM WORN BY THE WAR IN ME X SOMEBODY FOUND ME HEREX SOMEBODY SAVED ME FROM THE WORLD YOU LEFT
SOMEBODY HELD MY BREATH X IF YOURE GONNA CRY MY TEARS X IF YOURE GOING TO LET ME SEE THE SUN YOU SET
OH I AM WORN BY THE WAR IN ME X SOMEBODY FOUND ME HEREX SOMEBODY SAVED ME FROM THE WORLD YOU LEFT
SOMEBODY HELD MY BREATH X IF YOURE GONNA CRY MY TEARS X IF YOURE GOING TO LET ME SEE THE SUN YOU SET

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OH I AM ━ LOST & FOUND !!

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
telekinesis + telepathy

Although Mi-Young was for lack of a better word, clueless at times. She could read people really well. Hard to not do so when one’s gift is being able to look into people’s private thoughts. Did she necessarily like her gift? Not really. She always felt uneasy about invading people’s privacy. But sometimes, she just couldn’t help it. It just happens. Like how it did a moment ago when she had physical contact with Matthias. Sure her powers were useful in certain situations but in this instance, she could’ve lived without seeing her Boss’ heartbreaking past.

Waiting for Matthias to close up, Mi-Young stood by the entrance patiently contemplating what it is the town meeting was for. Was it to discuss the poor missing girl? Or was it something else? Ever since Maryanne went missing, their small town hadn’t been the same since. Probably because in a gifted town, not many people would expect something like that to happen. Granted no one really knows what Mi-Young’s gift is precisely because sharing that you can read into people’s private thoughts probably wouldn’t sit well with them.

”Thanks Boss Man,” she said cheerfully as Matthias handed her her things and they headed out the door. Giggling as he referred to her as “mademoiselle,” she went ahead to fetch her bike from where she left it and walked along-side him to own hall. Chaining her bike outside, a look of worry registered on her face. She was always hesitant to enter places where a lot of people are. Especially places with a lot of concerned people. Biting her lower lip nervously, she took a seat beside Matthias and when their mayor spoke, a cascade of worried thoughts circled the room and made their way into her ears.
                                Shutting her now-pink eyes and covering her ears in an attempt to block out the nose entering her head, Mi-Young fought the urge to scream at everyone to silence their thoughts. Although the small hall was only filled with hushed whispers, in her head, everything was magnified as people worried about the missing Maryanne, while others were weary of the reporter, and a handful of people worried about the clothes they had left on the line.

Soon Mayor Harker announced that everyone should keep their gifts under wraps, and almost as if on cue, Mi-Young let out a silent cry that caused empty chairs in the back row to slide across the floor and slam against the opposite wall. Opening her eyes in shock as everyone’s thoughts silenced, she looked behind her at what she had done and fidgeted in her seat silently. Willing the chairs to go back to their places, she silently controlled them with her mind and when the task was complete, she stealthily exited town hall in embarrassment. ”Well…that went better than I expected…” she mumbled to herself as she stood by a tree, drawing circles in the grass with her foot, waiting to be scolded.

User Image
                                ►►► Lace up your shoes...
                                Ay Oh Ay Oh Oh
                                Here's how we do... ◄◄◄

Run, baby run. Don't ever look back. ☜
                                They'll tear us apart - if you give them the chance.
                                Don't sell your , don't say we're not meant to be.
                                Run, baby run. Forever will be...You and me. ☼

Blessed Streaker

User Image

User Image

Akira hoofed his way down the street towards the late night supermarket. If he didn't worry about running into people during the day he could actually shop there without the worries. Somehow the supermarket was always empty, aside from the few people who actually worked there and the few patrons they had. Surprisingly though they stayed open to this day, and never seemed to suffer in their life span. He should look into their business to see how they managed it. Thinking on it though Akira might have a hand in them being able to stay afloat. He wasn't the most frequent shopper in the world but when he did his monthly visit he usually spent a large amount of money. Maybe he should test it out by not buying anything from them for a month or two. Course if he did that he might starve before finding the results. How long could he survive without food anyway? The most he managed by accident was two days, but if he set up prior to the test and did only a few tasks during it he might be able to...wait no no, that could only lead badly as well. Probably best to leave that one in beta form.

Akira shook his head as he rolled up on the supermarket. Before stepping into the door he glanced around for a nearby people, hopefully everyone was still at that town meeting still. He looked over in the direction of the town hall for a moment, the lights still lit. Then he reached up to readjust his hood, making sure the shadows stuck to his face. Then he moved past the sliding doors, grabbed himself a cart, and went about his business. He already had his list memorized and formatted based on aisle location in his head, this would take only a few minutes, give or take a few depending on whether or not they had what he wanted.

He moved through the first aisle, grabbing the dry food items he needed, moved to the next for some personal items. More soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, then he stopped in front of the hair products. He lingered for a moment, his eyes tracing over every hair gel, dye, spray, mousse, styler, and whatever you could use in your hair. His eyes shifted upward, trying to get a look at his own, reaching up he pulled on one of the long bangs that covered his forehead. It had been a while since he cut it, throughout his day his hair usually went forgotten. Now it was back to brown, more chestnut, and down to his shoulders. Before he dyed it black just to do something different with it. Back when he was trapped in the story his parents were writing for him. It was suffocating, his left hand moved to grab a handful of his shirt and hoody, he could feel the pressure on his chest. Maybe he should do something with it now? New place, new him, it could be time for a new hair style. But that was about two years too late; still though.

He hummed lightly as he contemplated for a moment. Then he heard the sound of someone's sneakers squeaking along the linoleum flooring. He jolted back to reality, grabbed a pack of scissors from the rack, and rushed down the aisle before he could be spotted. After a few more minutes of hunting down his items Akira was finally finished shopping. Which was good, he was having his fill of being outside already; it was time to go back. He moved to the cash registers, which were empty except for a single employee, an older gentlemen whose name tag read, Scott. Scott was usually Akira's cashier when he made these trips, he liked Scott though. As much as you could like someone after spending only about 2-3 minutes with them without saying any words. That sounded like heaven to Akira actually, why couldn't everybody else be like that?

He watched the older man rung him up with his own brand of lightning speed, his total coming up to a less than staggering two hundred and forty five dollars. He actually spent less money than last time, maybe something was on sale? He should really keep some coupons, but considering how long it took him to come back here it'd probably be for naught. He reached into his pocket for his wallet, swiped his debit card and put in the pin like it was nothing. Given the way he paid for his expensive hobbies, that little grocery bill was like a pebble in a lake, barely nothing. Then he gathered up his bags, some going into the book bag he was wearing and the rest in hand. Then he made his way outside, back into the world.

It took him slightly longer to get home given his new carry on bags, but he made it to his stairs and up to his door. Unlocking it, then made his way to the kitchen after dead bolting the door back. Another safe trip out complete, sixty experience points, he snorted at his lame joke then put up his groceries. After that was done he settled down with a bottle of his favorite juice and walked through the house, some music playing over his stereo system. It was loud but low enough so no one knew it was coming from his house, he had to play empty house remember? Now that everything was done with he wonder what he should do now. He finished the game he'd been working on earlier, and didn't really have anything else in the pipeline. He could watch something, or just hop around the net for a while. Yeah he could, but he was feeling a bit antsy now, he wanted to move. Which was never a good sign.

Akira loved his time indoors, away from everything, but sometimes, very rarely sometimes he did have a desire to be outside. Not to interact with people, just be outside. He didn't have a problem with the world, just the people in it, if he had the world to himself then he'd be more than happy to leave. An empty world would help with the fact he had basically a hit out on him, "bring our son back alive, big reward, so we can play puppeteers again". He shook his head then stopped in the hallway, staring on the front door, taking small sips of his juice. Should he? He shouldn't, nothing good could come of it, but....but...damnit, what but? He ruffled his hair and growled lightly, shut up brain! After a few minutes of having an internal war with himself he finally gave in...to himself. Okay, he'll go outside to feel the stupid breeze and moonlight on his face for a little while, BUT, the catch was he had to stick to the roof. That way no one could spot him. It was a deal.

He pulled his hoody and shoes back on then moved to top floor of his place. Then he found the makeshift metal stairs he installed sometime before. He was making frequent trips to the roof before mostly for maintenance reasons so he installed these stairs to make the trips easier. He climbed up then opened the hatch to make his way outside. A strong breeze whipped his hair into his face, making him let out a quiet yelp of surprise. Stupid hair, stupid breeze; he closed the hatch behind him and made his way across the roof. He plopped down on the edge and stared out over the town, he could see almost everything, Devonshire was really small huh? He never really paid much attention to the actual town before, he spent barely anytime in it. He took another sip of his juice and looked up at the sky, mysterious blackness with specks of gas scattered about it. It really was something, he wondered if he'd still be alive when space station were finally created. Well if his plan for cryo-freeze or his new robot body formulated how he wanted then probably.

This was nice though, sitting there on the roof his home, along, in the dark, with the sky as his only company, good company, and a bottle of good juice, Akira was contented. Why would he need anything more?

Quote:
                                  Let's keep this alive.

User Image

Bashful Loiterer

User Image

User Image

After making sure that the girl had directions to the town hall Elliott headed there with Jeremiah. Although it had stopped raining the weather was anything, but pleasant. Elliott shivered and adjusted the gray blue scarf that had been given to him by Jeremiah. It had been a gift for his birthday last month. He crossed his arms and rubbed them to warm himself up. Even wearing his charcoal gray trench coat he still felt a little chilled. Jeremiah was similarly dress due to the weather, and neither one of them was wearing a hat. By the look on his face Elliott could tell that something was bothering Miah. It did not take long for him to find out what. "I had a visitor this morning," Jeremiah said and Elliott faced him to ensure Miah that he knew that he had his full attention. He knew that when Jeremiah said visitor that he was speaking about a spirit. "Not sure what to think about it honestly. I mean, I know they mess around in the kitchen, and move things, but I don't typically see them. And they don't often talk to me," Elliott knew that Miah dealt with the dead thanks to his gift. Whether it was fate or coincidence that both he and Jeremiah who had powers that dealt with the world of dead would become as close as they were he did not know. Elliott nodded still not speaking. "But this morning I had one manifest, and...she talked about Persephone," He saw Jeremiah look downcast as he placed his hands in his jacket pockets. "Made the radio blast in her room, and in the car next to me. Not sure if I believe it or not -- that Persephone wanted to leave me a message..." Elliott gave him a look of concern. “Maybe you should listen to what they have to say.” He paused before beginning again, he knew how hard the situation with his younger sister was for his boyfriend. Elliott had only met her a few times, but Persephone had always been nice during those times. When they had first began getting to know each other the fact that Jeremiah and Persephone were close made him jealous in a small way. His own older sister Nicole had been to put it frankly a b***h to him for most of life. Hers and his parents abuse only ended after he had moved out. To them he was a freak something that was not suppose to be. Eugene had made him realize that was not true, and Jeremiah had cemented that fact completely. Both of them had come from tragic pasts, but together they were working on having a wonderful future together. They paused for a moment on the sidewalk.“You have a gift, it is only natural to think that Perse would also have one. What that might be who knows, you could ask a telepath or we'll think of something else.” Elliott said in his ever practical manner before he took one of Jeremiah's hand out of his pocket.

“You know if something were to happen I would bring her back for you...you only need to ask.” Elliott said referring to his power of resurrection. Bringing things back to life was not easy on his body. People would be especially taxing. Since he had to use his own energy to bring them back. Or so he esteemed. The last time he brought something that was not a planet back to life it was a dog ten years ago. Unbeknownst to the owner of the dog of course. It was before he moved to Devonshire Falls. He was hard pressed for money so he answered an ad about watching someone's dog. Elliott had always like animals so he figured that he would give it a shot. The owner of the dog hired him and all was going well. That was until the dog a large Labrador got into something poisonous. What he had got into or where Elliott did not know. Only that the dog was dead, and owner was going to be back later that evening. Most people would apologize and pray to whatever god that the person did not kill them. Elliott on the other had did not have to worry about that. He just need to touch the dog, and all would be well. The dog quick rose up to his haunches and licked Elliott's face. Elliott was relieved and felt horrible at the same time. Like every muscle and bone in his body ached. He wanted to just go off and sleep it off. However he would have to pull a brave face and deal with it later. The owner finally came home a few hours later. He got paid and once he was home he let himself fall into bed. If a dog had been that hard on his body, a person would most likely be worst. Still Elliott did not care. If Jeremiah asked him to he would bring back Persephone in a heart beat. He would do anything for him. He would bring Miah back if anything were to happen to him. Even if that meant that he would be in bed for months to regain his energy. Elliott was still holding Jeremiah's hand when he said in an affectionate and resolute manner. “I'm always here for you, and I would do anything for you.” He then kissed the palm of Jeremiah's hand in a chaste manner. “Well, we shouldn't stand around here any longer. We don't want to catch a cold.” He was still holding Jeremiah's hand in his gloved one. Elliott smiled gently at Jeremiah and placed their hands in a pocket of his coat to keep Miah's warm. Soon they both heading toward the town hall.

The meeting did not feel too worthwhile. He still did not why Mayor Harker agreed to let some journalist come to town. There was nothing that could be done about it now. He and he was sure others did not fail to notice how tired the sheriff and his deputy looked. Deputy De Rossi's words struck a cord of anger in him. Not anger for the cop, but that someone in their beloved town was responsible. Someone he possibly knew and knew well. He felt a little sick at this notion and wanted to leave as soon as possible. Still he knew that he ought to practice common courtesy, and say hello to people who knew. Jeremiah would want to say hello to Jackson, Ava, and if she was there Wylie. Elliott did not mind. Jackson despite his prickly nature was an ok guy, Ava was a sweetheart, and Wylie was kind and very talented. He could make out her, Phil, Khail, and the girl who owned the art shop talking. Elliott smiled as he observed them. Mikhail was a talented baker and very nice young man. He made going to the bakery a pleasant experience along with the sweets made by him, Sarah, or any of the other employees. Phil as usual was ball of cheerful energy. At times it was a wonder to think how different she and Wylie were, but still they remained best friends. Maybe it was because Phil was one the first people of her own sex that did not judge Wylie's life style. Nor did she patronize her. The red haired Scot was currently placing a colorful woolen scarf she had knitted around Wylie's neck. He did not know much about the owner of the art shop, but she seemed nice enough. He would have to get to know her someday. After their shops were close together. He spotted others he knew like Rory, and Taylor. Victor was talking to Gene. Kell was by Jackson of course. Finnegan was talking to who he believed to Garrett S something, and an attractive woman he had never seen in town before. Perhaps she was new. It seemed like they were getting a lot of new comers lately. “Let's grab something to eat before it's all gone.” He said to Jeremiah after they had both said their hellos. The food provide by The Silver Plate was delicious as he suspect it would be. Finnegan was a wonder when it came to cooking. The desserts made by Mikhail were equally as tempting. Elliott was currently sitting in the back of the large room with Jeremiah eating a piece of tiramisu. He sat on the metal fold out hair at angle so he faced the younger man. “I'm going to close the shop up all day tomorrow. One of the perks of being the owner.” Elliott said with light chuckle. “We could visit your sister, and spend the rest of day in bed.” He said the later part of his last sentence in a lower tone.

OOC: This rp will never die!

Bashful Loiterer

User Image

Their time at the Sweet Sunday had passed quickly for Rory and Taylor. His dad had called him to inform him that he would not be joining them. Something that did not surprise him much. His father had been spending a lot of time over at The Bernes' house. He was after all very good friends with the doctor. Plus Victor was not above helping Gene with Noah the doctor's eight year old son. Who since Maryanne's disappearance has not spoken a word. Something that add the growing list of stress for Doctor Berne. He already had to with his missing teenaged daughter and the health of his patients. Persephone Lucio was one in particular. Rory had often over heard Gene telling his dad that he wish he could have the poor girl wake up. No one should have to spend their life asleep, and her older brother needed her. Rory could not of agreed more. He was hopeful that Jeremiah's sister would wake for his sake. Taylor asked him him if he would go grocery shopping with her. Rory said he would of course he would. If Taylor asked him to go to the moon with her he would. He greet and made small talk with Khail and the others in bakery. If there was no thing Rory was not that was shy. He could go up to a complete stranger and easily talk to them. Even if he was friendly with the rest of the town, he was closest with Taylor. Well his dad too, but he does not really count. He order a raspberry and white chocolate scone for himself, and a croissant for his dad. He dropped it off at home before he and Taylor went grocery shopping. An usually boring errand such as grocery shopping became another enjoyable time. Well any time he spent with Taylor was always enjoyable. Rory could not help the laugh that came out of his mouth from Taylor's fruit penises and the odd looks she was getting from other costumers. Not that either one of them cared. They were not harming anyone, there was no children in the store, and the town knew what Taylor was like.

After the grocery store they headed to Lazy Joe's Cafe so Rory could picked up his paycheck and get his new schedule. They order chai teas to go and headed off to the apartment Taylor shared with Athena. Who was probably out with Shaun and a few others at the moment. He helped Taylor unpacked the food she bought. With both of them doing it that task had taken a very short amount of time. They still had time to kill before the meeting later that night. They opted for watching a movie. It was some cheesy B-movie scifi from the fifties or sixties, and had them both laughing like idiots. Plus it felt nice having Taylor so close to his own body. He knew it was risky thinking of his best friend in that way, but Rory could not help it. He had fallen for her a long time ago, and while he was usually a very confident guy he was scare at the aspect of being rejected. He did not want lose having Taylor has a friend. So he did his best to keep his feelings to himself. Even if it was hard most days. Especially right when he could feel her body shaking from the laughter that was coming out of her. She looked so damn cute, and he would of kissed if he had the courage to do so. After the movie was over they went out for dinner. That had been nice and simple meal before it was time to head the meeting at the town hall. They walked down sidewalk holding each others hands. Taylor said in quite voice as they neared the large building that was the town hall. Taylor continued with a shiver.

Rory squeezed her hand lightly. [b“I know I can't even smell her when I shift.” He said referring to his power. When that power was changing into a dog you got some of the skill sets of a dog. He could also shift into other animals and people, but a dog was his default shift if you wanted to call it that. “You would think that if she was...dead that she would leave behind some kind of smell.” Rory said in small voice that was filled with pity for the Bernes. [b“I feel bad for all them, the doctor, the cops who are at their wits end trying to find her, and Noah. He still hasn't spoken. I think he saw what happened to Maryanne. His mind is too chaotic for anyone to read at the moment. Doing so would be too risky for both Noah and whoever did it.” He said in a sad voice before they entered town hall. The building filled up quickly. Deputy De Rossi gave the police department's statement rather than Sheriff Micheals. Rory hoped that the sheriff was getting was badly need sleep. The deputy need it too, by the looks of him. The mayor gave her little speech, and like that the meeting was over. The town folks stuck around talking to one another about both Maryanne and the journalist. [b“I wonder if that journalist has any idea what they getting themselves into.” Rory said before heading over to his dad with Taylor in tow.

OOC: Whoot!

User Image

Jazeraint's Queen

Smitten Loverboy

13,075 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
User ImageUser Image
                                          Matthias had never really asked Mi-young what her abilities were. Not like Matthias was all that willing to share his own. His were kind of frightening, if you didn't like giant white dragons with red eyes. Yeah, kinda frightening. Even Matthias was frightened the first time it happened. So he kept it to himself. But had he realized what was going to happen, he probably would of stood outside with Mi-young.
                                          Matthias was oblivious, like usual, and the only time he was brought to the attention that Mi-young was in trouble, was when the chairs moved.
                                          Jumping in his seat, he looked back at the set of chairs that had moved and the way Mi-young seemed to react to everything. They moved back quickly enough, and Mi-young was quickly out of her seat and out the door before Matthias could really get a grasp on what he wanted to ask, or how he would ask it. Mi-young was always so perky and cheerful. To see her in such distress bothered him. What could possibly be upsetting her so?

Standing, Matthias made his way down to the tables with food. Picking up some strawberry pastries, along with something chocolate, Matthias wandered outside to see where Mi-young went.
                                          Spotting her by a tree, Matthias made his way over there and smiled gently to her.
                                          "Hey, you okay?" He questioned her. "That was pretty impressive though," Matthias leaned against the tree and looked down at the pastries before he handed her the two strawberry ones he picked up for her. "I picked these up for you. Since I know you like them," he smiled. It was the best he could do really. He wasn't going to scold her. He didn't see why he should. Some people didn't have a complete hold on their abilities, and that was fine. Matthias hadn't exactly had the best grip on his abilities for a while after he realized he had any. Fire breathing happened from time to time. It was rather frightening to go from talking on the phone to realizing you're about to melt the darn thing, or light your hand on fire. Spit-fire was a term he knew all too well, except his was far more literal than the term was intended for.

"So, you wanna talk about it, or no?" Matthias understood if she didn't. He considered her a friend, yes, but it's not like Matti often got into detail about things with his friends either. He didn't like talking about his past. It made him upset. And his power never really came up. Sometimes it did. With Shaun it did. Or used to.
                                          Matti was friendly, yes, and he loved making friends. But still. He didn't need people worrying over his past. Or freak out every time he was quiet and stared off into space. He liked being calm sometimes, or just quiet. It allowed him to think. Sometimes thinking was bad, but w/e.
                                          He didn't want to be like attacked every time it happened. He was a big boy. He could handle himself, and all of these emotions. He managed to do it this far. Might as well continue."It's fine if you don't want to. I understand," Matti offered her a friendly smile before biting into his chocolate pastry.
                                          #8c0000 || #3b3b3b
                                          Quote:
                                          Outfit Holy jesus this took way too long to post. And it's s**t. I'm sorry. Gonna try and get back into the habit of posting here xD
User Image

Shy Saint

User Image

〉〉 GARRETT NOBEL SAIDYST 〈〈

❝every life hangs on a thread. its so delicate, and fragile.
so easily destroyed and taken away in the blink of an eye. ❞

lay your head down child...i won't let the boogeyman come
counting bodies like sheep...to the rhythm of the war drums

Light shinned through the curtains, leaving little rays of sunshine laying on the walls and floor. Small flakes of dust passed through them, giving it an old look to it. Garrett had himself placed at the edge of a woman’s bed. Behind him was the corpse of the woman he had slept with the night before. Sighing, Garrett felt sick to his stomach and yet there was satisfaction in his kill. He could feel the scratched she had left on his back begin to heal, as well as the bruises. His eyes were focused on the gowned as they tried to adjust to the scene. After the town meeting, Garrett had found himself unbelievable hungry. Thankfully he was able to fend it off while he was there speaking with the beautiful brunette Dani, and probably one of the most delicious men he had seen, Finn.

It was odd, and slightly frightening, especially since being social wasn’t his thing, but he wanted to see them again. There was something about Dani that Garrett couldn’t help but connect with. And Finn. God, he couldn’t put a finger on it, but there was something special about him, and Garrett knew it. It scared him though. He didn’t want to get close to them, either of them. He wasn’t sure if he could handle loosing people anyone. Especially people who could die at a normal old age, and were so fragile. With any luck, he wouldn’t see either of them again.

Standing up, Garrett got dressed, leaving the last four bottoms on his shirt undone. He ran a hand through his messy feathery hair, knowing that it probably looked messier than it normally did. Sighing, he took one last glance at the dead woman on the bed. She looked as if she was sleeping, but her eyes were wide open, fogged over, and cold. Her cause of death woul be of old age, even though she was only in her mid-twenties. Her lifeless gaze was pointed towards a picture that was lying on its back. Beneath a plate of glass and a silver floral frame was a picture of his victim and her fiancé. How tragic it was too loose a loved one. That cut that never really healed. It was something they would have to move on with.

Garrett felt no sympathy though. He didn’t care about how the man would feel when he walked in on his dead fiancé, he wouldn’t care about the tears the man would shed, or the pain he would feel. He himself dealt with all that to many times to count. He’d seen real tears, he’d seen false tears, and he had seen those who were to unset to even function. It all became the same though. He’d seen people move on with their life, fine someone new, even replace then with a pet. Grabbing his coat, he made his way through the small apartment.

There was nothing he needed from here, so he casually walked out the front door. A slightly amused smile stuck on his face. No one would know about the woman till he was gone, and he wasn’t too worried about being caught. Then again, there were some freaky people out there. Sooner or later someone would find him and end his curse. That was the day Garrett was praying for. Once he was out of the building, he moved over towards his beautiful slick black porsh and hopped in. It was time that he headed back to town and got himself something to eat, something normal anyways. Right now, he was full on life. The engine started silently, giving out a purr as he pulled out of his parking space and speed out of the small down, heading back to his home.

It took make two, three hours to get back home, and once there he parked his car and got out. There was no point in driving through town. In was a tightly knitted community and everything was practically right next to each other. Besides, he needed a walk. He felt tired, and maybe that wasn’t from the night he had. He was just tired in general, it never showed, but he didn’t want to do anything, and sometimes walking helped. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he glanced around at the people that were out on this bright day. Most people who spotted him gave him a curious look, others a more tempting look and he couldn’t help but return in.

After a few minutes a strong and most appetizing smell hit Garrett’s nose, causing his stomach to cramp up slightly. Closing his eyes, he took in the delicious smell before stroll towards it. The restaurant it was coming from came into view. The Silver Plate. The name sounded vaguely familiar, but he wasn’t sure from where. Maybe he had seen or heard of them place before? He didn’t care. All he cared about was if the food it served was as good as it smelled. Stepping inside, he looked around to see that the place was slightly empty a few people here and there, though it was still very early.

With quiet steps, he made his way to a table by a window and sat alone. Leaving his head back, he closed his eyes and waited for someone to come out to him, or something along those lines. He looked quiet un-presentable with his button up shirt half way open and messy hair, but he didn’t mind. He was too hungry to care. All he wanted right now was food, and maybe a good long nap.

OOC: Alright, I better get FinnxGarrett action over here!

Bashful Loiterer

User Image

User Image

Beep Beep Bee- went the sound of the alarm clock before a hand came out the covers and forcefully hit the snooze button for the second time. The owner of said hand glanced at the time and groaned in annoyance. The clock read 6:12am, he would have to get up. Although he was usually a pretty easy going guy most of the time, Finnegan was not a morning person. He would much rather be sleeping then having to get up and go into the restaurant. Why did his parents had to be so evil open so damn early, and his sisters had to have other jobs which was evil too. Why could they just let him sleep in one morning? He mentally complained as he felt himself drift off again. He quickly shot up and shook his head. No, he could not sleep now. He pushed his covers off his body and stumbled out of bed. His hair was sticking up at odd angles and he was wearing only a pair of boxer shorts and a white undershirt for his pajama. He stood up and stretched. Sighing when he heard his back crack. He left his bedroom and heading out into the hallway and into the bathroom. Fifteen minutes later he stepped out the shower and into a nicely steamed up bathroom. He dried himself off, and wrapped a towel around his waist. He was now feeling more awake thanks to incredible heat from the shower he had just taken. He went up to the bathroom mirror, and used his hand to clear some of the fog off it. He brushed his teeth, and shaved his face. Cringing slightly as he applied aftershave. Once he was done getting ready in the bathroom he left it. Once again he was back in his room. He sighed as he took in a rather large pile of dirty clothes. His apartment was a mess, but not a disaster by any means. He would however have to go either to the laundry mat or his parents to take care of the pile of clothes sometime in the next few days. No matter how much he hated doing laundry. Luckily he still had a nice selection of clean clothing. Although not that would matter. He was heading into work, and that meant his choices were limited.

He went to his closest and pulled out a pair of black slacks, a black button up shirt, and clean undergarments. He quickly got dressed, and adjusted his shirt collar. After doing that he glanced out the window and saw a world of pure white. It had snowed and heavily last night. Not that Finnegan was surprised. Devonshire Falls was in the North and it snowed up in the North. He would just have to make sure he dressed appropriately. He pulled on his socks, and grabbed his shoes. He would not put them on at this time. He would wear his boots that were standing by the door that led out of his apartment. When he was dressed he walked out of his bedroom. Now he just wanted coffee and something to eat. You would think that he would just eat breakfast at restaurant, but Finnegan had learned long ago that he did always have the time. Especially if he was the one opening or waiting first thing. He prepared the French press to brew a fresh pot of coffee, and made himself eggs and toast. He looked over at the clock on the stove. 7:0am. “s**t!” He cursed he was running a little behind. He ate his breakfast with gusto, and dropped the dishes in the sink he would do them when he got back. He re-brushed his teeth, put on his boots, coat, hat, gloves, grabbed his bag with a change of clothes and work shoes, and headed out the door. Snow crunched under his boots as Finnegan walked down the sidewalks of Devonshire Falls. It was cold outside, but still pleasant. The sun was beginning to show its rays which was helping keep the weather from being awful. As he walked to work his mind drifted to the night before. In all honesty the town meeting had been useless. Hell he could even tell that Deputy De Rossi felt the same way. It had a been two weeks and so far there was no news of Maryanne. A kidnappers usually wanted ransoms right? Whoever took Maryanne had demanded nothing so far.

He prayed that there as even a small amount of hope that Doctor Berne's daughter was still alive. They needed news and fast, or at least more man power for Devonshire Falls' police. He had seen how exhausted the deputy had looked. He was sure that it was the sheriff and deputy going from door to door interviewing people and looking for possible clues. At the mention of the word interview his mind then went to the other big happening in town, the journalist. He still wondered how whoever this so called journalist was managed to get the right to write a story. Why did Mayor Harker not just tell them not to come. Surely there must have been others who a had called and asked. She's always managed to stir them clear. Although at the same time it was nice for the mayor to have a little slap to her ego. He knew that she hated that he was probably the only one in town that did not vote for her, nor could she make him. Mayor Harker was a cheat, but it's hard not to have a cheat in office when they can make most of the town do whatever they want. He had wanted to laugh when the mayor mention keeping their gifts on the down low. While that would be easy for him, his power was not anything he could turn off. It was just part of who he was. However there those with more showy powers, plus what about the kids who had yet to learn how to use their. Devonshire Falls was probably the only town in America that had classes to teach students about their gifts and how to control them. There even some adults that took the classes.

As he neared the restaurant his once again wandered to the town meeting. Not about Maryanne, the mayor, or the journalist, but about the people he had met. Danielle and Garrett to be precise. Danielle or Dani as she told him she liked to be called, was a sweetheart. There was something familiar about her last name, but he could not place it. Maybe it would come to him later. He learned that she was new in town, and staying at the inn. He also noticed that pretty much her entire body was covered. He wondered if she had a power related to touch. He felt awful for her though. If she kept herself covered up like that it was not be anything pleasant. He really hopes that he bumps into her again. She seemed like a good person to befriend. His mind then went to the second party he had met the night before. Dear lord Garrett had to be one of the most attractive men Finnegan had ever seen. Not only had he been quite handsome, and a charmer, he was self aware. Which itself had been a turn on. Finnegan liked guys who could think for themselves and were not afraid of expressing their opinions. His bulldog Jar Jar had also been a cutie much like his master. In any other situation he would of asked for his number. It was not like he was some pimply teenager asking his first date out. He was thirty years old he had been around the block before. Although he has been sometime, and awfully long time. Still he had found himself too tongued tied to even asked. Hell he had been lucky that he could even make conversation with the other man last night. He pushed all thoughts of both Dani and Garrett out of his mind for the time when he came up to The Silver Plate. He unlocked the door, and walked back to the kitchen. He could hear the clamor of pots and pans as he took off his winter gear, and put on his shoes. He grabbed his apron and walked through back into the kitchen.

His mother and father were talking over a pot of soup his mother was stirring. His father's arm was still in a sling from having sprain it a few days ago. According to Doctor Berne it was good as good as rain in few more days. Still sprain arm or not his father Jonathan Marlowe still came into the restaurant, and made sure everything was sailing smoothly. “Damn it Jon I know how to make potato soup, stop hovering over me like a possessed moth.” His mother Susan Marlowe said raising the wooden spoon she had been stirring with in a gesture that said she would hit her husband if he did not stop. She spotted her son and her temperament quickly changed. “Finnegan sweetheart good morning.” His mother said with a pleasant smile on her face. She was no longer feeling annoyed which was a good thing since she could set off explosions when she was. His father also greeted him. “Thanks for coming.” He told him. Not that Finnegan had any choice, but still it was nice to be thanked. “I need to you to wait tables this morning, hopefully we'll get a few applicants for waiting staff jobs.” His mother said with a sigh. They really needed help. It was not bad when Regina still worked shifts, but now she was a fully fledged nurse. She had no time to help out, same with his other sisters. “We'll do the cooking for now, I will switched with you later in the day.” His mother told him as they both watched his father use his power to stir a pot.

“Yes ma'am.” He replied before heading out the kitchen. He tied on his apron around his waist and grabbed a pot of coffee. They had decaff too for those who wanted it. Though it seemed most people wanted to be caffeinated this early in the morning. He went around filling and refilling cups, and taking orders. He had just given his mother the last order when he heard the bell on the door chime. Another diner had just entered. He grabbed his notebook, pencil, and a freshly brew pot. He left the counter and headed to over to the new arrival. “Good morning would you like some-” He started to say stopping when he finally took in who it was. “Garrett, good morning!” Finnegan said feeling pleasantly surprised. He said with a smile as his eyes wandered across the other man's body. 'Oh my god.' Finnegan thought as he spotted those few undone top buttons of Garrett's shirt. He was sure that his face was nice shade of red by now. “W..w..would you like some coffee and to place an order?” He asked stuttering slightly He inwardly cursed at his lack of ability to be smoothed.

OOC: Whoot your wish has been granted Hatter. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces