Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

User Image
                                    User Imagearmadillo aria
                                      *WHO CARES ! ━━━━━━
                                    / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
                                               who    made    you    king    of    anything

██  ██  ██  ██  all my LIFE₀₂
                                    armadillo
                                               SO LET ME THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND TRY TO NOT WASTE ANYMORE OF MINE GET OUT OF HERE FAST I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BABE BUT I'M NOT DROWNING THERE'S NO ONE HERE TO SAVE
                                                         YOU SOUND SO INNOCENT ALL FULL OF GOOD INTENT YOU SWEAR YOU KNOW BEST BUT YOU EXPECT ME TO JUMP ON BOARD WITH YOU AND RIDE OFF INTO YOUR DELUSIONAL SUNSET I'M NOT THE ONE WHO'S LOST

i just HURT HIDE    
                                                  WAITING  FOR  SOMEONE  TO  TELL  ME  IT'S  MY  TURN

Dad got out the car, shooting August a glance, one that held a certain piercing indifference, before unloading his belongings out of the car and heading straight to the house, not bothering to offer any grand announcements of their arrival or anything. August watched as Dad fumbled with his keys, flipping through the other pieces of metal on a ring until he found the one that unlocked his childhood home, and August rolled his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest in a tell-tale sign of irritation. Dad had his own interests in mind recently, and his family didn't seem to be one of them. Whatever. As long as he wasn't raising his voice at Mum, August was fine with whatever that man was doing. It didn't concern him anyways. They had drifted so apart over the duration of the last year, and Dad's arguments with Mum only drove a deeper spike into his relationship with his son. Neither made any effort to fix their strained relationship, and August didn't that'd change, especially with what he just saw.

Upon opening the door, Dad set down his bag to pull his oldest daughter into a hug. Her fiery hair, in contrast to the Taylors' average browns and blondes, set her apart from all the other relatives like a beacon in the dark. It was easy to spot Chloe from far, especially now that her hair burned brightly against the winter's white snow. August shifted his weight from one leg to the other impatiently, obviously bothered by Dad's affection for his daughter. While theoretically he was supposed to love all his children equally, Dad really seemed to have a penchant for this two oldest kids, both of whom he reared with a woman August never met. "I'll meet you all inside," Dad declared after his embrace. He made a speedy exit, grabbing his bag and hobbling into the house as if he were desperately trying to escape being with his family. While August was hardly around him anymore, the shaky, unbalanced way Dad stumbled was noticeable, but August wouldn't give it another thought ; he never did. Why should he?

He loitered about outside for a few minutes, breathing in the frigid winter air, before retreating to the warmth inside the manor. Chatter echoed throughout the foyer, indicating that they weren't the first family to arrive. While a part of him felt obligated to go greet his cousins, August dipped, opting to follow Aaron up the stairs to their shared bedroom instead. The room was much smaller than he remembered, and, despite that they shared a room their entire life, August was not looking foward to sharing a room -- a closet, virtually -- with Aaron. Their two beds, standard sized twin beds, were nestled against opposite corners of the room with only space room to fit a nightstand in between them to spare. At least there was enough closet space for the two of them. Whatever. He'll just have to deal with it. August slid his suitcase underneath the bed and sat atop the mattress. "How're you feeling?" he offhandedly asked. They've talked a little about Aaron's apprehension towards the trip, but August, admittedly, didn't think much of the sunject since they last spoke -- he was a terrible older brother. "Are you planning to tell them or no?"

The Book Keepers
Aaron Lance Tayor
Twin Two Of Middle Son

User Image

Aaron was still the room he shared with his twin brother as he was in there. It look a lot smaller now then he remembered. They are older now so that was bound to happen as he thought to himself. He then put his suitcase under the other bed that his brother was not using as he then sat on the bed. There was no telling how this trip was going to go. He could already tell things are not going good between their parents. That was nothing new to Aaron seeing as he had to deal with it every day, night.

Then he looked as he heard his brother talk to him. "Right now just tired but getting there to where I don't like to be " he said. Then he heard him ask another question as he looked at his brother. "Well I was but not sure anymore seeing as they got their own problems" he said. "I could tell mom but dad not so sure seeing as you would of think he would notice but no" he said.

Then he thought to himself as he was still sitting on the bed. "I'll tell you one thing if they keep going i'm going to lose it" he said. Really he did feel like he was going to lose his mind. "At times I wish I was more like you to where you leave to get away from them yelling but don't because someones got to be here for our younger siblings" he said.

"Do you think I should at least tell mom?" he asked August. "This room looks a lot smaller doesn't it?" he said. "Sorry" he said. But he was glad he shared a room with his brother seeing as he was not sure he would with anyone one else. They shared a room since they were little. "Did mom ask us to play nice with our step siblings? he asked looking at his brother August.

datekou

Noob

User Image
                                    User Imagearmadillo aria
                                      *WHO CARES ! ━━━━━━
                                    / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

armadillo
                                               SO LET ME THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND TRY TO NOT WASTE ANYMORE OF MINE GET OUT OF HERE FAST I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BABE BUT I'M NOT DROWNING THERE'S NO ONE HERE TO SAVE
                                                         YOU SOUND SO INNOCENT ALL FULL OF GOOD INTENT YOU SWEAR YOU KNOW BEST BUT YOU EXPECT ME TO JUMP ON BOARD WITH YOU AND RIDE OFF INTO YOUR DELUSIONAL SUNSET I'M NOT THE ONE WHO'S LOST

i just HURT HIDE    

August leaned against the wall, eyes fixed on the ceiling. It was a habit of his, adverting his gaze from whoever he was talking with to the floor or the ceiling or anywhere that yielded the least possible chances for eye contact. He listened to Aaron talk, turning his brother's words around in his head. Mum wouldn't care, he thought. She was so loving that August felt it just wasn't in her nature to care about things like that. However, loving someone was different from accepting them as a whole. Mum could love Aaron and low-key be disappointed in him or something. August didn't know. He could test the theory himself by offering a confession of his nightly habits before Aaron said anything to her. If anything, though, August might just end up upset her. He wouldn't want to hear that his child was virtually whoring themselves off every night to stay away from the family.

The mentions of Dad made August scoff. "He's never at home. He doesn't know anything." To make a point, he began pulling off his winter jackets and coats until he was wearing a t-shirt, something he didn't dare to wear around his parents. "Accidentally walked around the house like this the other day, and he didn't notice," he said as he gingerly traced the galaxies of angry reds, blues, and purples that splattered down his neck and disappeared underneath the collar of his shirt. "You think he'd know what I've been up to, but he's so stressed or upset all the time that he literally doesn't care about anything but himself and his work." That wasn't true. Dad probably thought about Chloe and Elliot too, worried about their academics, health, and finances since they were so far from home. But other than that, Dad appeared to have a one-track mind.

The stress was really getting to Aaron, August could tell. He knew Aaron hated all the yelling at home and opted to stay at home rather than leave. He knew the reasons why too. He knew them all too well, but he didn't have the character like Aaron did. "I know," he sighed, shame and guilt twinging his cheeks an shade of hot red embarrassment. He really was a terrible older brother. "I just can't stay at home. I can't do it." Unlike his younger siblings, he had the luxury of running away from his problems despite that they haunted him just as much as it did them. "I'm horrible. They probably like me just as much as they like Elliot or Chloe," he bitterly laughed. There was no difference. All three of them were never at home. "I think ... you should tell her," he said after a moment of thought. "But maybe not like right away, just in case something happens between her and Dad." He sighed. "They need to stop fighting."

The Book Keepers
Aaron Lance Tayor
Twin Two Of Middle Son

User Image

Aaron was in the room with his brother as he was still on the bed. He was just sitting on it right now as he watched her his brother. Then he heard August talk about dad seeing as he always didn't like to talk about their dad. "Yep he knows nothing as far as I can see" he said. Aaron was always home seeing as he had to be there for his young siblings. Someone had to be so why not him seeing as he didn't go out much.

Then he heard his brother August talk some more as he looked over at him. "Yeah it's like we can do anything, it would not matter at all seeing as he so busy or yelling at mom" he said. He heard all the yelling, saying they are going to split up all the time seeing as he was always at home when they yelled at one another. Then he heard his brother talk some more.

He knows August felt bad about leaving Aaron alone to deal with the yelling that went on. All he could do was smile. "I know just glad one of us is able to get away if I could I would" he said. Then he hard his brother talking again as he was in their room. "No you are not you always come back If I need you " he said. Aaron told August about anything really seeing as August knows what wrong with Aaron. He thought to himself as he was on the bed. "No telling" he said.

"You think dad loves them more then use?' he asked. It was just a thought when it can to dad theses days it didn't matter that much seeing as it looked like he was in his own world. Then he heard August talking to him about telling mom. "Alright" he said. "Yeah I know better then to do that so i'll wait for the right time if they are not in don't talk to me right now mod" he said. "Yep but so far it looks like this get together is not working it just make it worse don't you think? he asked. "Seeing as there are more people here to watch the younger ones think I want to get out to have some fun later if it gets to loud around here" he said.

datekou

Greedy Genius

This is our decision to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

User Image

". . .I'm feelin' rough I'm feelin' raw I'm in the prime of my life . . ."

User Image

Elliott couldn't help but notice the way his sister flinched upon the unwarranted contact, her body almost instinctually ducking out of the touch and a crooked smile straining to form on her lips. She seemed visibly shaken by the action, which surprised him considering how often the two used to fight as children. Had he pulled a stunt like that eight years ago he probably would have been tackled by the young girl in one of her heated fits of revenge. Though, he supposed she might have grown out of such habits by now. After all, people did grow up. The two of them were admittedly not as close as they once had been, and the realization was only now hitting him that perhaps he didn't know his sister as well as he thought he did. The sentiment seemed disheartening to the blonde, a bitter feeling of guilt and remorse swelling up inside of him at the idea of missing out on the bulk of her growing up when he had been too indulged in his own world to care.

"Yeah, I...I wasn't going to..." Chloë uttered out suddenly, breaking Elliott from his train of thought and transporting him back to reality. He found himself sympathizing with the comment more than he would have liked to admit. "Didn't think I was going to see you here." she spoke again and Elliott raised his head to meet her gaze, a lazy smirk tugging at the corners of his lips as he let out a satirical laugh. "Well s**t, I didn't even think I'd see myself here." he mused with a lingering grin before shrugging his shoulders. "But yeah, no, I kinda just changed my mind at the last minute, y'know? Figured I had nothing better to do and it might be nice to get away a few days." he explained vaguely, though he knew deep down that had it not been for the mess he had gotten himself into back in Liverpool that he wouldn't have thought twice about showing up to the family function. But he figured that, for now, it might be in his best interest if he kept his selfish reasons for his arrival on the down-low.

"Can't tell you how glad I am to see you though. Thought I'd be trapped up here with Natalie and the others all on my own." he laughed, though he genuinely was relieved for his sister's presence. He didn't exactly get along with his step-family, or with the majority of his extended family for that matter. Had Chloë not shown up, he might have turned around earlier and not even bothered with it all. It seemed as though most everyone who had arrived was quick to either shoot off upstairs, or to linger on their own for a while in - what Elliott believed to be - hopes of going unnoticed for as long as possible. He wasn't sure of the living arrangements, if they had changed since his childhood days or not, but he recalled that in his younger years when his family would visit Elliott and Chloë would share a room. As they got a little older they were allowed separate rooms since their grandfather's home was so large. But even despite it's enormous size, during the holidays when the entire family of aunts and uncles and cousins and all came to visit, the space became less and less of an availability. "You need a hand with your bags?"

================================================================================================

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms.
I'll miss the comfort of my mother and the weight of the world.
I'll miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home.
Yeah I'll miss the boredom and the freedom and the time spent alone.

Noob

User Image
                                    User Imagearmadillo aria
                                      *WHO CARES ! ━━━━━━

armadillo

i just HURT HIDE    

"Sometimes I wish they'd just split already..."

It wasn't the best thing to say, and, no matter how much he wanted them to stop arguing, August wanted everyone to stay together. He actually liked his father quite a lot in his younger years. All the fighting wore away his patience and rubbed him in all the wrong ways. Everything just started happening at the worst of times, right at the start of high school. A new school, new people, new teachers, new anything made August apprehensive though he stubbornly denied it. He didn't like change. It made him anxious, worried him to no end. While he didn't particularly care what people thought of him, he always wanted to fit in, to not be that one weird kid no one hung out with or anything. He wanted everyone's attention, yet at the same time he didn't care. He worried over the littlest of things and often resulted to distractions to ease the tightness in his chest and the antagonizing voice in his head. The burn of alcohol and the sweet nothings whispered underneath sheets were enough to get him by, drowning away his insecurities. Things were just so much change, and he was being left behind.

But, he was the one that changed the most.

August frowned. "I'm terrible. You can't convince me otherwise." It was his responsibility to take care of his younger siblings -- Aaron included. "I'm supposed to be staying at home." Their talk was frustrating him, making him feel even more guilty than he usually did. "I don't know. Probably. What was it? 'Absence makes the heart grow fond' or some s**t like that? They're never around. We're always around. I don't know," August sighed before standing up and began reapplying all his layers of clothes. "I'm going downstairs. It's getting stuffy in here." While partially true, the statement was a quick end to the conversation. "If you're going out, let me know." With that, August left the room and headed down the main staircase where Elliot and Chloe were standing near the bottom. "Hey." He offered his greeting with a tiny smile for the sake of pleasantries. At least he could say he spoke to his half-siblings at least once over the duration of their trip. He didn't mean to linger about them, but he noticed one of his other cousins -- an unrecognizable face. While he knew he had a large family and extended family, August was fairly confident he could at least match a name to a face. The girl was vaguely familiar, but he had no memories of her whatsoever. she appeared around his age, maybe a bit older, so they must've played together or something as kids. August couldn't remember.

"Do you remember her?" he asked Elliot and Cloe, glancing at them before eyeing Valentina. Chances were that the didn't. The two of them were just as social with the extended family as August was: not at all.

Kill_Your_Heroes

The Book Keepers

Super Complicated

Arkendrai
Aaron Lance Tayor
Twin Two Of Middle Son

User Image

Aaron was in the room as he was on the bed. He then heard what his brother August said about them splitting up. It was not a bad idea if that made them stop this yelling. Then the family would not be together that, he didn't want that for his younger siblings. Dad was alright when they were younger so why do they have to start all this yelling now. Really he did't get it at all was this how all married couples are.

He was not sure anymore as he thought to himself. Then he heard his brother talk some more as he looked over at him. Aaron could see that their talk was getting to him as he saw his brother. "Alright" he said about telling him when he was going to leave to get out. Then like that he was done as he laid back on the bed. He was tired but he made his brother leave by talking about stuff like always.

"Nice going" he said to himself seeing as he was alone. He turned over as his was on the pillow as he was on the bed. Aaron was going to have to go say hi to some people seeing as they are family. But he didn't want too seeing as he was tired. So he went to sleep or tried too sleep. Then he woke back up after an hour or two but it may of been less sleep then that who knows as he sat up.

Then he walked out of the room as he walked the hall. He looked around as he made his way to the kitchen. He was a little hungry so way not look to see what was in the fridge. Once he got there he saw them. "Hi" he said to the three he saw in the kitchen. He was still kind of waking up but knows they are in the kitchen so he's not talking to himself.

Angelofluna

Ms Seven Sins

Greedy Genius

This is our decision to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

User Image

". . .I'm feelin' rough I'm feelin' raw I'm in the prime of my life . . ."

User Image

Elliott had just finished speaking and was awaiting his sister's response when his attention was suddenly stolen by a new voice carrying through the foyer. His blue gaze shifted toward the stairs at the familiar sound and to his surprise he found himself staring at his younger stepbrother, August, as he floated down the steps of their grandfather's home and made his way toward them with reluctant strides. Elliott returned the boy's half-hearted greeting with a quick "Hey yourself." before shifting his position slightly to better face the brunette. He was admittedly taken by the boy's sudden appearance, seeing how it was no secret that the Taylors brewed bad blood between step-siblings and the like. But Elliott wasn't here looking for a fight, he was here to avoid stress and tension as it was. He might as well make nice with his family for now - at least while he was stuck up here on holiday.

All that aside, there was a time some years ago when Elliott's relationship with August hadn't been all bad. There was a brief year or-so when the two of them had actually got along, when Elliott had temporarily filled the role of an older brother that he was meant to. Granted, he may not have been the best of role models at the time, but he had actually made the effort to take the apprehensive boy under his wing and show him the ropes of adolescent life. Of course, that all went down the drain when Elliott had began detaching himself from the family and falling into a pattern of worsening behaviour. His crumbling relationship with his father and his forever-sour bond with his stepmother lead him to stray from the home more and more until he was away more often than not. As soon as he finished highschool, Elliott applied to Universities far away in hopes of escaping, and eventually, he did. Unfortunately, that marked the end of his relationship with his parents and the majority of his siblings.

"Do you remember her?" the inquiry caught the blonde off guard, pulling him from his string of tangled thoughts and transporting him back to the present. His gaze carried toward the corner where a young girl stood with her eyes glued to the floor and her arms awkwardly crossed over her chest. Her long blonde hair did well to mask her face, but her overall demeanor itched with a vague familiarity. She was the daughter of his Aunt Charlotte, if he recalled correctly, but he was still racking his brain for a name to put to a face. "Valentine or something like that? Valentina?" he suggested with an unsure shrug, burying his hands into his pockets. "But I think she goes by a different name now. Dunno what is though" Elliott offered, sparing a quick glance to his stepbrother before returning his gaze to the enigmatic blonde in the corner. "Try calling out a name - see if she looks." he mused with a lazy smirk.

================================================================================================

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms.
I'll miss the comfort of my mother and the weight of the world.
I'll miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home.
Yeah I'll miss the boredom and the freedom and the time spent alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff