Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

“Everyone has a love of their L I F E.”
      "Someone to hold, and a shoulder to cry on"
      "But, what if you rarely get to see them? What if you love is almost always thousands of miles away? What if you've spent months away from them, changed, and are now trying to be together again?"

an original Blubaby112 production
                  a lit to adv lit. roleplay
                  photo credit goes to photobucket
                  photo editing done byBlubaby112
                  inspired by the brave men and women fighting for our country and the families supporting them
                  related genres Romance, Military, drama

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image Şтσяч Ŧιмє:

When war breaks out, the proud members of our military stand at the ready to serve. But before they leave, they have lives, people that they are leaving behind. In their absence, the men and women who love the military members do their best to keep their lives, and their families together. It's not easy, far from it. Being away from the person you love, only able to talk to them by letter or on the phone a few times, it can get lonely.

Now the men and women are coming back from a now ending war. They are returning to the families they left behind, uncertain of what they will find. They all left together a year ago, and a lot changes in a year. Some are just meeting their children for the first time, others are coming home to silence from the loss of a child. Others are coming back to families just struggling to keep it together, and secrets that threaten to tear them all apart. Others are fortunate enough to come back to families that are okay, but they are struggling themselves. So these are their stories, ones that you are telling now that you have the keyboard.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image Ɍυℓєѕ:

As much as this may annoy some of you, these are going in paragraph form! So let's start with the basics shall we? Please follow Gaia's ToS, that's really just a given but you never know so I'm just going to state it here so no one can come at me later. Also, no cybering, it's gross and there are children here. Speaking of children, that leads me to my point about other characters. The characters I create are really just outlines, ones that you are welcome to expand upon... BUT I have been in RPs where there are a tons of pregnant girls. So here's my rule, there can only be TWO pregnant girls, and I mean that. The only way there can be three is if I allow that which would require a really convincing argument from you. And the pregnant girls are a first come first serve. But my other rule about that is that you had better do your homework about the pregnancy. No pregnancy waddle after a week or feeling the baby kick after three days. That doesn't happen and it won't here.

Sorry for the tangent, it just had to be said. On to some more rules! Swearing, just keep it to a minimum I beg. Again we have children here and I don't want to corrupt their innocence. I understand the occasional swear word but if you swear every other word I'll kick your butt out without a second thought. Also no flaming or spamming, it annoys me and I'll report it. Please also know that I am in charge here and if you don't like that you can leave. (But I think you'll like it, I'm pretty easy going.) Also if you have an drama ideas (because drama helps an RP out) let me know okay? I don't like having people go behind my back, so just send me a PM warning. Speaking of PM's, it's the rule I know you've all been waiting for, what to title the PM. Well, for reserves please use the name of your favorite animal. As for the Profiles, they don't exist! This is not an excuse to slack on creating these characters, rather a sign that I'm trusting you to make these characters great. General rule is that once I give you the word to start posting you have 36 hours, if I don't have it by then consider your reserve given up, unless you tell me it will take more than that amount of time (but it really shouldn't). I won't give you a warning about when time is up, I warned you here. Don't post until you are accept or I tell you, that's my rule.

On to my next rules! Literacy is a must here. At minimum I want two paragraphs, so what's a paragraph? At least 10 sentences, preferably spelled correctly and grammatically correct. To see if you can do this I want one sample of your RPing capabilities when you send in the Reserve. The only way you don't need to do that is if I know you or have RPed with you in the past. And I have a good memory so don't try to say that you have when you haven't, I'll know. Also no god modding, at all. I know people who do this and it drives me insane so don't do it! That's a three strike policy and I'll warn you before hand. Also don't post then leave, I'll get angry and you don't want to see me angry. If you are going away for a while just let me know or put it in the OOC thread. Speaking of the OOC thread, it is there for a reason, so you don't talk in OOC in the actual thread. Just remember that because I will watch for it and give you a warning if I see it happening to much. Please also note that these rules are subject to change.

Now the characters. Please make look at least the age I suggest, no fifty year olds playing a twenty four year old. Also, if you want more then one character they have to balance out in a 2:1 meaning for every two girls there must be one guy before you add another girl. This doesn't apply to guys though, you can play as many of those as you want. Your people must be real, and if you need ideas you can let me know, I have some suggestions. And please refrain from using Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, or Demi Lovato, they are overused and sort of annoy me.

Also, you need to write in THIRD person, not first or second, third. I really mean this, and I stick by this. Also, I repeat that I want at least semi correct grammar. Commas aren't huge, but when your posts don't flow it bothers me. I only give so many warnings about this before I'll throw you out. And for posting please make it pretty! Pictures, and colors are nice! With posts, make sure you at least skim all of the posts. You don't want to go somewhere and not know that people are in there. So read!

Another rule, I have a right to kick you out if you start to annoy me, and I have a right to reject your profile and delete your reservation if you annoy me. It takes a lot to annoy me so don't worry, this isn't really something you should worry about. Just know that I have the right to say no if I feel like you are starting to grate on my nerves. It takes a lot to get there, but once you hit that point I don't want to deal with you any more. But again this doesn't apply to any of you reading this (and if it does you know what you did and who you are).

One more rule!! Please make all posts pretty with pictures and words in colors. Please keep texts between 9-11 since below nine I can't read and above 11 looks bad for what I want to see. Also no neon colors I beg of you, my computer freaks out with neon (and so do I) so be careful with what colors you use.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #1

User Image User Image User Image

Girl: Sutton Rochelle Hawthorne, 24 (losthurtbroken)
Boy:
Son: Jensen Jace Hawthorne, 6 months

Their Story:

Sutton met Boy 1 in high school. He was the football playing jock and she was a cheerleader hiding the dangerous secret that she was anorexic. He took an immediate interest in her, and couldn't understand why she pushed him away for so long. It was he who discovered her anorexia by watching her at lunch with her friends everyday, and he who told her parents the truth. He was there when they staged an intervention for her, and for the first few weeks of her recovery she hated him. But once she recovered, she sought him out to thank him, and they've been together ever since. She tells anyone who asks that he saved her life, and when he decided to go into the Army she was supportive of him. For the first four years of his career, she went to college to become an elementary school teacher, getting a job on base after they got married. They have been married two years, and while he was away she gave birth to their first and currently only child, a baby boy named Jensen. She's been struggling with him gone though, and with the struggle to lose the baby weight, she's turned back to her anorexia to cope. She's doing her best to hide it from everyone (like her future sister in law Savannah, her best friend Girl 6), and she plans on hiding it from Boy 1 too.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #2

Girl: Savannah Artemis Locke, 23 (Blubaby112)
Boy: Arch Miles Ackles, 23 (losthurtbroken)
Daughter: Meredith Helen Locke, 7 (Blubaby112)

Their Story:

Savannah met Arch when she was a struggling single eighteen year old mother. She had given birth at sixteen to her little girl named Meredith, a little girl she was left to raise on her own after her "popular" boyfriend decided not to stick around to raise a girl he swore up and down wasn't his. She was holding her screaming two year old when Arch ran into her with his sister, Sutton, a former co-worker of hers, at the park. She liked him immediately for being able to calm Meredith down, but was sure he didn't even give her, a girl who hadn't gotten a chance to even put make up on that day, a second glance. Which was why she was shocked he recognized her a few weeks later when she was out with her older sister at a club to have a night out. Even more surprised when he asked her to dance. By the end of the night, he was promising her the moon, and she was wondering if he was serious. Three weeks later he proposed, and she said yes, mostly because something inside of her knew she'd never find anyone quite like him. Currently the couple is still engaged, as he wanted to wait until his deployment was over before giving her the dream wedding she wants, and the dream life she wants. He's coming back with a problem though, one that involves the need for some therapy. Seeing his friends die overseas has left him traumatized, and he doesn't want to scare Savannah by telling her because he loves her too much to scare her or her now seven year old daughter.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #3

Girl:
Boy:
Twin 1:
Twin 2:

Their Story:

Girl 3 met Boy 3 while she was working as a bartender to work her way through medical school. He swept her off her feet, and just days before he deployed her married her. They had a brief honeymoon then he deployed, leaving her on her own when she discovered she was carrying twins. The twins derailed her plans for medical school, and instead she had to settle for being a nurse on Labor and Delivery, rather than being an OBGYN like she dreamed. She gave birth six months ago, and has been struggling to work and raise two kids while beginning to hoard some resentment towards her husband. The life she has isn't the life she planned for herself, she never wanted to be a nurse, she'd gotten that degree just as a bachelor's degree. Sometimes she looks at her letter that accepted her to medical school and wishes she had never met her husband. Him? He's coming back with an alcohol addiction that nearly cost him his life a few times in the line of fire. He is happy to be back home, though whether or not he'll remain happy when he hears how his wife feels is a good question.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #4

Girl:
Boy:

Their Story:

Girl 4 met Boy 4 through a mutual friend at a party. He was smitten, though she was hesitant. She had grown up with four brothers all in the military, and her mother who had been a military wife. She was enlisting in the military, and had been at the party as a final hoorah before she went to enlist. He was persistent though, and by the time she was preparing to leave, they were living together. She has been deployed for a year and a half, and during that time she did something she regrets, she cheated on him with another soldier, and it wasn't a one time thing. Rather it was a six month affair that ended when the other soldier was killed in the line of duty. She was devastated, but could never bring herself to tell Boy 4, or even tell the family of the soldier that died. Instead she is living with a terrible secret, and the fact that she's coming back after the miscarriage of the child of the soldier she lost. She's a pile of secrets, though Boy 4 has secrets of his own. While Girl 4 was away, he lost his promising accounting job and has spent the last year and a half searching for a new job while gambling away the money he got with his old job and holding onto the ring for Girl 4, planning on proposing just as soon as he either hits the jackpot or finds a new dream job.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #5

Girl: Christine Pearl Blackwell, 25 (xcocochannel)
Boy:
Child 1: Emma Blackwell, 5
Child 2: Charles Blackwell, 4
Child that died: Timmy Blackwell, 3

Their Story:

Christine and Boy 5 have known each other, and been together the longest. They met when they were just kids at a park, their parents becoming friends and the kids beginning to play together. They grew up together, and in high school found themselves falling in love with one another. At eighteen she got pregnant with their first child, and to help support them he joined the military right after graduation. He was in basic training when their first child was born, and a year later she was pregnant again with their second child. Before he left, they had just added their third child. They seemed like the fairytale family until three days before Christmas when their youngest child wandered outside while her back was turned and ended up dying from hypothermia as she thought her child was still in their room napping. She began to blame him because he wasn't there, and starting drinking to take away the pain. He found out overseas and was devastated but couldn't return as they were in the middle of mission. He wishes he had been there, and feels guilt that he wasn't. Now he's coming back to the two children who are feeling neglected and a wife who is blaming in, and doesn't know how to handle it.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #6

Girl:
Boy:

Their Story:

Girl 6 and Boy 6 met when they were working together one summer at a pool. She was a lifeguard and he was a pool boy. They spent the summer trying to catch each others eye, but ended up going their separate ways before anything came of it. Three years later they ran into one another at that same pool while she was hanging with her friends, and he was spending a day with his family. He decided to get her number this time around, and they have been together ever since. While he was away, she was planning their perfect wedding, though her plans are changing now that he's coming back disabled. A shot took out his ability to feel from the waist down, and he's starting to feel bad coming back like this. She wanted a knight in shining armor, and he feels like a dud now. She promises she loves him anyway, but he doesn't know that he believes that.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Couple #7

Girl:
Boy:
Daughter 1:
Daughter 2:

Their Story:

Girl 7 and Boy 7 met during a cooking class they were taking. They ended up partners who traded laughs and phone numbers before going their separate ways. They kept in touch, and a few years later went out on a date. One date became six before they knew it, and then he proposed and she said yes. They married, and shortly after the marriage she decided to enlist, something she had thought about doing for a while. He begged her not to, but her stubborn streak came out and she did it anyway. After the birth of their first child, he begged her to retire but she refused, and after their second child she signed up for another tour. He had been left behind to raise their two children, something he struggled with immensely, because he had no idea how to raise two daughters when he had been raised in a family of boys. He relied a lot on Savannah for help, and developed feelings for her that he knows he shouldn't have. With his wife returning, he hopes to get more help, but she's coming back with PTSD, and that means his reliance on Savannah is only continuing while Girl 1's resentment towards Savannah is only beginning. Currently the person Girl 1 leans on the most is Girl 4, because they went through a lot together overseas.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Reserves

[img]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/pomme-frites/000000.jpg[/img]

Couple you belong to:

Characters full name:
Character's age:
Your username:

Details I need to know: (Kids names - if applicable, any details you think I should know)

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

The Calendar:

January February March April May June July August September October November December

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

The Clock:

6 AM 7 AM 8 AM 9 AM 10 AM 11 AM 12 AM 1 PM 2 PM 3 PM 4 PM 5 PM 6 PM 7 PM 8 PM 9 PM 10 PM 11 PM 12 PM

The Weather:

Cloudy Sunny Hazy Rainy Snowy Windy Dark

Cold Hot Humid Warm Cool

What's going on:

The soldiers just returned four days ago, and have been adjusting to life at home. Today at noon is a BBQ at the local park to celebrate everyone coming home. Everyone has been asked to bring something to share such as a dessert, soda, chips, or a side. There will be sprinklers for the kids to play in, and drinks for the adults, so be prepared to have some fun!

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

The Neighborhood:

The neighborhood is made up like a square, with a large park in the middle. Around the town are shops, schools, a mall, some restaurants, a bar, a hospital, a church, and a water park. Only a few miles away are some museums, a large amusement park, and a zoo. The town is considered kid friendly, and neighborhood patrol roams the neighborhood during the day to keep crime down.

Couples 1 & 2 live on one side of the square, with couples 3 & 4 across the square. Couples 5 & 6 are around the corners while Couple 7 lives in a house with a large yard and no neighbor to their left.

All the couples live in homes, some larger than others. The smallest homes are one bedroom, largest are five bedroom homes.

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

Reserved for whatever I forgot

Charitable Friend

8,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200