Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nedyfay Darkchild
Lolita and Sphinx were fast asleep and would not wake up for a while, so they were completely defenceless against Cerebus' attack. The good thing was - they would not feel a thing if he got them. Kittybombs were strange like that.

But Nedyfay was awake - and also she was part animal. She had been standing on the side of the table, on her way to move the kittybombs to their beds, and when Cerebus lunged forward so did she. Landing softly on all fours she swept her pets under the couch and out of harm's way. Then she crouches down where they had been, fearing that if she moved out of the way to avoid him attack her he would attack the sleeping furballs. At least she could fight back - but when kittybombs slept, they would sleep until their fuse had been completely regrown at hell or high water and everything in between would not wake them.

If Cerebus did not understand who he was attacking, Nedy knew this was going to hurt.

::Nedy!! His whole body seemed to alert as he realized just what figure sat before him. It was as if a member of his pack was in danger and he had to react. Driven, purely to defend, his front claws were extending toward her but he immediately lowered them. Leaning his wieght onto his right shoulder so that he just barely missed nedy by a hairs breadth and slamming head first into the couch, the force of the impact arching his back and jerking his legs upward so that he now sat upside down in the couch, with his back on the lower portion of the seat and his legs dropping over the backrest, a look of almost dazed confusion on his face::
He barely missed her, but she stayed where she was until he landed on the cough. Rising slowly, her ears dropping and tail hanging between her legs to signalise she was no threat to him. This was without doubt a funny situation, if you had the right type of humour to see it.

"Are...are you okay?" she asks carefully, looking down at him. Under the couch they could hear the snoring of two unaware kittybombs.
::She was upside down? No he was upside down, turning the moment of instinct his thoughts were unclear, but now, the memories of what he had just done slowly faded back into his mind. He rolled himself over placing his feet firmly on the ground and straightening his clothes, if he could blush he would without a doubt be blushing right this moment as he was highly embarassed at his actions. Only turning to Mira, trying to hold back the embarassment on his face and voice.::

My...apologies. I didnt mean to umm...erm...I'm sorry Mira.
Another surprise - Cerebus was capable of both aplogising and blushing. Nedy caught herself rubbing the back of her neck and quickly let her arm fall down - she had been spending all too much time with the men in the arena.

"I reacted almost the same the first time I heard a kittybomb go to sleep - so no worries. They are strange little critters."

Her name again. Frowning, Nedy sat down on the armrest of the couch, seeing it was the closest thing. This was the sole reason she had brought him here in the first place, and although he had expressed something close to disgust at her lies she wanted him to understand why.

"Yes...Mira..."
Nedyfay Darkchild
Another surprise - Cerebus was capable of both aplogising and blushing. Nedy caught herself rubbing the back of her neck and quickly let her arm fall down - she had been spending all too much time with the men in the arena.

"I reacted almost the same the first time I heard a kittybomb go to sleep - so no worries. They are strange little critters."

Her name again. Frowning, Nedy sat down on the armrest of the couch, seeing it was the closest thing. This was the sole reason she had brought him here in the first place, and although he had expressed something close to disgust at her lies she wanted him to understand why.

"Yes...Mira..."

Yes...Kitty bombs...that will take some getting used too...

::Watching as she took the first initiative to sit, he himself at one seat cushion away from the arm rest, so not to invade her personal space but yet still show that he's giving her the attention. Most interesting she had said her own name perhaps now she was more confortable. And so he responded.::

Yes...Mira...I assume here your more comfortable with your own name...

::A hint of disdain still poured through in those last few words as if to still show his dislike at the idea hiding her name at all.::
"I am. It's just when I'm out I prefer to be called 'Nedy'."

She looks down at her hands and especially at the thin band of paler skin on the ring finger of her right hand, and also a scar that ran from the middle finger to the wrist on the same hand. Pretty memories.

Pushing it out of her mind she looks back up at Cerebus and speaks very slowly, as if she is thinking of what to say while she is actually saying it. Every now and then she stops, and halfway she walks over to the corner of the table where the pictures are and pics up and one of her daughter before putting it back and sitting down on the am-rest again.

"You said I have to face him - Chris, I mean. And I will, at some point, but I can't do it alone. He's a possessive man, and even though it has been eight years I'm afraid he'll be looking for me."
Nedyfay Darkchild
"I am. It's just when I'm out I prefer to be called 'Nedy'."

She looks down at her hands and especially at the thin band of paler skin on the ring finger of her right hand, and also a scar that ran from the middle finger to the wrist on the same hand. Pretty memories.

Pushing it out of her mind she looks back up at Cerebus and speaks very slowly, as if she is thinking of what to say while she is actually saying it. Every now and then she stops, and halfway she walks over to the corner of the table where the pictures are and pics up and one of her daughter before putting it back and sitting down on the am-rest again.

"You said I have to face him - Chris, I mean. And I will, at some point, but I can't do it alone. He's a possessive man, and even though it has been eight years I'm afraid he'll be looking for me."

::He listened, intently at that, her words showed honest truth but still she seemed to be holding onto her fear. Fear is indeed powerful, its a emotion that stays with one, just like love. Only love, or hate, can conquer it without contest. He knew her confessions of her emotions were difficult and so he didnt interupt, but when she finished, he spoke. Being sure to try and attain some sort of eye contact.::

And I promised you, I would assist you. I have lived a long time and I know much of...humans. The most disgusting of them seem to thrive off of fear...it makes them feel like much more than they are, like they have something over the rest of there sniveling servants... This "Chris" no doubt is the same. The very idea that you fear him gives him his desire. The very fact that would hide your own name...die your hair...shield your eyes...just to avoid him...it enthrals him...drives him...Mira I know its hard...but you cant keep hiding if you ever want to be free...you have to face him. Take away his source of fear...but you dont have to do it alone. I will help you...what was done to you is unforgiveable...but it will not go without punishment...I will not stand idley by I am here to help. No more harm will befall you on my watch...
She listens while Cerebus speaks, and no matter how much she wishes to believe him she knows he is wrong. It was not her fear for him that drove Chris - Nedy did not even know if he was after her - but the fact that she had been considered his property, something very dear to him that had been stolen...and he would want her back. She had tried to escape one time but had failed, and he had told her then that if she ever ran away he would hunt her down and make her wish she had stuck with him.

When he mentions her eyes her hands automatically go up, wondering how he had noticed. The small ring that all lenses showed? But that could mean they were just ordinary lenses. How had he know she wore coloured lenses? She had not told him, as far as she could remember.

"I hear what you're saying, Cerebus. But answer me...do you see me as a living creature, valuable and my own because of that I live?"
Nedyfay Darkchild
She listens while Cerebus speaks, and no matter how much she wishes to believe him she knows he is wrong. It was not her fear for him that drove Chris - Nedy did not even know if he was after her - but the fact that she had been considered his property, something very dear to him that had been stolen...and he would want her back. She had tried to escape one time but had failed, and he had told her then that if she ever ran away he would hunt her down and make her wish she had stuck with him.

When he mentions her eyes her hands automatically go up, wondering how he had noticed. The small ring that all lenses showed? But that could mean they were just ordinary lenses. How had he know she wore coloured lenses? She had not told him, as far as she could remember.

"I hear what you're saying, Cerebus. But answer me...do you see me as a living creature, valuable and my own because of that I live?"

::He could see the surprise in her manuerisms. And yet he himself was surprised by her question. Of course she was a living creature, an partly animal at that, she was independant. What else could she be? And his responce showed just that sentiment.::

Of course, you are as you were born. Alive and free. And yes Mira, I know. Are you really that surprised? Did you think that over my years I hadnt seen enough human and animal cornea to be able to see the thin plastic coloring over your eye...the texture is all wrong. Over produced, placid. I'm sure your real eyes are much more beautiful.
Compliments - damn them. A faint blush crept up Nedy's throat and cheeks, and on impulse she rises and walks into the bathroom, taking her lenses out and placing them in their rinsing conainer before coming back out and sitting down where she had sat thought most of the conversation. Her eyes were now a deep chocolate brown and her vision has gone slightly blury, but it could not be helped. The little trip to the bathroom had given her some time to think of how she would answer him.

"Chris saw me as his property, as a very dear thing he owned."

The blury vision annoyed her so she stretches out and gets a pair of dark rimmed glasses.
Nedyfay Darkchild
Compliments - damn them. A faint blush crept up Nedy's throat and cheeks, and on impulse she rises and walks into the bathroom, taking her lenses out and placing them in their rinsing conainer before coming back out and sitting down where she had sat thought most of the conversation. Her eyes were now a deep chocolate brown and her vision has gone slightly blury, but it could not be helped. The little trip to the bathroom had given her some time to think of how she would answer him.

"Chris saw me as his property, as a very dear thing he owned."

The blury vision annoyed her so she stretches out and gets a pair of dark rimmed glasses.

::He couldnt help it, he stared. Her eyes were astonishing. Brown by some was considered quite ordinary and plain, but to one whos's eyes lacked any definition at all, they were gorgeous. His blank white souless eyes stared directly into hers before she spoke the word just seemed to crawl from his mouth, as if it had to sneak away to get free, falling gently on the air.::

...beautiful...

::But he quickly caught himself, blinking away the stare. A thing of beauty was a thing to be admired but this wasnt the time for admiration, as Mira finished speaking he seemed confused. Possession? The idea of a human viewing another human as an item was inconcievable and so he spoke, somewhat nieve.::

Like a husband owns a wife, and a wife in turn owns her husband?
The only way she let of that she had heard the compliment and had noticed the stare was that her cheeks turned a delicate red instead of pink. But his question was naïve and yet it made Nedy grunt softly, as if it had hurt her.

"No. And not like I own Lolita and Sphinx either; taking care of them and making sure they are healthy and happy. No - it was more like the way you own the boots you're wearing."
Nedyfay Darkchild
The only way she let of that she had heard the compliment and had noticed the stare was that her cheeks turned a delicate red instead of pink. But his question was naïve and yet it made Nedy grunt softly, as if it had hurt her.

"No. And not like I own Lolita and Sphinx either; taking care of them and making sure they are healthy and happy. No - it was more like the way you own the boots you're wearing."

::He seemed confused. A life demoted down to the rank of a boot? Impossible, inconcievable, yet most of all...disgusting, pathetic. His face changed from one of confusion to one of pure and unfiltered disgust. This concept was the absolute most unbelievably disgusting thing he'd ever heard! Even in the animal kingdom, the absolute most ruthless of killers didnt demoralize there prey to objects before killing them. It was immoral and wrong on so many levels, that it enraged him, his hair seemed to start blowing in a wild wind. Strange due to the fact that body he and Mira were inside not outside and there was no wind. He was speechless he was so angry and disgusted that he knew not what to say. His fist balled as the rage filled him. Though not wild, this rage was focused, direct, aimed only at Chris wherever he might be. And yet despite his body language he stood completely silent, grinding his canine teeth in pure undescribable anger::
From confusion to disgust. And his hair was moving as if there was a wind coming from somewhere. Nedy thought it best not to say anything; she did not even know if her voice would stay strong if she did. Instead she glided down into the couch and pulled her knees up under her chin, hugging herself whole rocking back and forth gently.
Nedyfay Darkchild
From confusion to disgust. And his hair was moving as if there was a wind coming from somewhere. Nedy thought it best not to say anything; she did not even know if her voice would stay strong if she did. Instead she glided down into the couch and pulled her knees up under her chin, hugging herself whole rocking back and forth gently.

::He had to restrain himself, Nedy had shown on more than one occasion that she was afraid of him and he for a reason even he didnt yet fully understand the thought of her afraid, was...unpleasant to him. Beside even that he could do nothing. Anger against someone who wasnt there was worthless, he took in a deep breath and held it for a moment then slowly let it out, as he released it his hair fell gently, and still. And then he turned to the rocking Nedy. Speaking softly his gaze set away from her. ::

It was so long ago...I was involved in a fight with a neighboring pack...I went in alone, I wanted to show my pack how strong I truly was...soon after the fight began I lost a fang...and soon after, the fight...It was a disgrace...the first and last time I'd ever lost a fang...all because I didnt rely on my pack...I denied there help...

::Reaching into his right pocket he seemed to search around before pulling from it a black small metal link chain and at its end a white fang about two inches long. He held it in his palm, eyeing it as if held great significance. And then he spoke again, handing the necklace to Mira::

I want you to have this Mira...its a symbol...this far away for Aria my pack is gone...I'm alone with none accept Maximos...I wish for you to become a part of my pack...would you do me the honor?

::There was no ulterior motive, but she, a pup. Had hearned his respect greatly, and his friendship...he even called her by her true name. But being a part of his pack meant also that he would protect her, guard her. It was an oath, and one he planned to stand by.::

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff