Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,825 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
User Image

User Image

Sharif and his sister were probably the least affected by the school change in dress code. For Asli in her optimistic youth, the wearing the uniform was just like putting on another pair of pajamas in the morning. She was used to wearing the same basic things continuously. For Sharif it was a little different. His peers were in anguish over the loss of their self expression, while Sharif would kill for the opportunity. It wasn't a problem for him because he'd been “distance learning” for the last month and a half. His parents couldn't help themselves when trying to stress the difference between distance learning and home school. Big whoop, he went to school to take his test, but he took them during the prep periods, so he might have well been taking them in his empty home. The social aspect of school was gone and while he wasn't particularly a social butterfly, he missed having the option. He more than anything missed his “social clubs”, although there wasn't very much socializing done there on his part, he missed having somewhere to go. He missed being responsible for something bigger than his sister.

Asli could get along on her own. She'd been doing fine in the month and half he'd not been there to look out for her. He half expected her to come home as upset at least once during that time frame. Home-schooled kids were notorious for having a difficult time adjusting to the traditional schooling. He excepted his geeky little sister to be the same. He knew how cruel supposed peers could be, especially if you had a deficiency. Asli of course, was to proud of her oddness to be anything outside of confident. He loved that about his little sister, that was how he knew that when he left her she would be just fine. After all, only a confident Freshmen can walk out of the house accessorized as she'd been. Seriously, nothing about a standardized dress code makes neon orange and red stripped thigh-high socks okay. Of course, that was Asli for you, if she wasn't being different, she wasn't being herself. It seemed the only one having a trouble adjusting the schooling change was Sharif himself. But who could really blame him? He had gone from having everything to do to keep his mind off his problems to having nothing to do but think about his problem. Everyday since he'd gotten out the hospital had been his own personal Hell. His parents had gone out of their way to ensure there was always someone to come into their home and administer the medications he would need. It made it rather clear that they felt they couldn't trust him. They were right not trust him, but he felt more than a insulted that they would assume he'd try pills again. He was unlucky but he sure as hell wasn't stupid enough to try the same exit strategy twice. Exit strategy. Right now he wanted to do was to get out of the house for me than the half hour's walk it took to go to the school pick up his sister.

Asli could handle herself, and when need be, she could handle other people. Asli tried her best not be judge people, she was too weird to have the rights. Of course, she wasn't a fan of rudeness for rudeness sake. Asli was the kind of kid who, unless she was really excited, waited until people were done with their statements to join into conversations. It have very little to the fact that she needed almost completely undivided attention to have a fluid conversation and more to with the fact respect was a stressed core value in her family. So out of respect for Nadia, Damian, and Lillian's privacy, she was not reading anyone's lips as she waited to make herself known. There was nothing wrong with reading the expressions of person's brow. Lillian seemed somewhat dismayed, she wished that she knew why. She'd figure it out, for now though it seemed like her sister could use a hug, and she hadn't been able to spend real time with Lily since the English girl stopped dating her brother, she owed her good friend at least one tight squeeze. Asli was quiet enough to melt into the background of where she was and light enough on her feet to not cause much disturbance in crowd, but that wouldn't be a problem now, because she ended nearest to the older girl who would always be like sister to her by virtue of being her first female friend. ”Lilly, you're back! I was really worried....but...I think I just read it wrong.” Asli reached up to wrap her arms, covered by gloves in the same style and length as her socks. She wasn't didn't usually speak let alone so audibly around unfamiliar but surprising ease that was making friends in her own grade, had taken away that apprehension. She knew that her voice sounded funny to those that could hear it clearly, but as long as she spoke slower than she usually signed, she could be understood and that's all that she wanted. That didn't stop her from signing when she spoke, it felt strange not to do something with her hands, and it explained the obnoxious glove colors. ”Hello Damian....who is that?”

Sharif had come up on his tadem bike right as Nadia begun speaking to Lillian. Hearing his sister's voice outside of their home was strange enough to nearly knock Sharif out the zombie-like state of being that came from having nothing to do but get too much sleep. At the sight of him one could easily tell that his dressing had been rushed. It was clear that he'd at least tried to improve his appearance somewhat by washing his face very recently, his pores were still visibly open and his sweater was still stained with water in the general area of his collar. It was clear that he had not even been trying to match, he just threw on the first thing that wasn't pajamas. He might have thought that he was late or something. ”That's Nadia, and how did you get here this morning?” He questioned, knowing that he didn't sound like himself. Nor did he look or feel like himself. Forced insincere optimism did that to the now nineteen year old. He'd had another of those days that everyone but him wished to celebrate on the second of this month. If he was anything like himself, he was a shell. The complete lack of restful sleep and purpose in his life was palpable. He was worn down and at this point had no energy left to hide it here. Even at his worst, he'd never looked this bad.

Even Asli who knew her brother like the back of her hand, had to do a double take because up until now she hadn't realized just how much he had changed. Still studying him she signed back and answer to his ridiculous question gestured her own pink and purple bike, ”I rode my own bike, how else do you think? When my alarm went off you were sleeping...so I came to school a bit early.” Then she thought of the new stranger she had seen but never spoken to, and continued, ”Should I know her?”

He responded silently with his hands as he greeted people properly with his voice. ”It's good to see you again, Damian, and if all goes with I should see you on this field trip. Which reminds me, have you ears popped yet?” He was so desperate for interaction with people that he was able to set aside the his negative feelings toward his ex. Especially if that meant he could get away from his home for the next couple of days. On the subject of Nadia, Sharif had been telling his sister that the rocker chick could be a bit rude and that he knew that he was over confident about somethings, but this girl was boarding on entitled most times, and for no reason he could see. Maybe she thought people should regard her as some kind of celebrity because of her father, but this wasn't a major music town so...who really cared? He couldn't help rolling his eyes at the thought, ”I don't think it's any of your business who Damian talks to, lest you hold a title of which we are not aware?” The beginnings of the return of sarcasm to his speaking voice. He should thank Nadia, but that girl wasn't worth anymore of Sharif's very limited energy as of late. He returned to Damian a look to imply that he meant no offense to him.

Asli excused herself to unlock her bike, and Sharif excused himself for inadvertently taking Lillian by the hand. He really hadn't meant to touch her at all. They hadn't made skin contact of any kind, since...a long time ago. ”I'm sorry, I was just trying to get your attention. I need to ask you something...I want very much want to go to the park with you guys. I am not sure if you are going but I need to go. I haven't been out of the house for more than two hours since I got back home. Of course I have the trip slip but I can't get my mother to sign the thing. I need some help convince them that I would be fine. I know that I would, the air up there is really clean and fresh, I know we won't be backwoods camping, and for most part, I can identify things likely to cause a rash or other poisoning. My parents have no problem listening to you, so do you think, if you have time, you could help me...” He paused for a little while, ”I...know I shouldn't ask you for anything, but I could think of who else to ask”

ooc
                                                  Feels like good place to stop. Outfit updated.

User Image User Image User Image

Demonic Phantom

User Image
ғᴇʏᴊᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴡᴏʟғ ᴠɪᴇɴsᴀ

sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ↦↤ᴇx-ᴘʀᴇᴘ↦↤ғᴇʏ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀
xxxxxxx¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xxThese wounds won't seem to heal
xxxxxThis pain is just too real
xxxxxxxxThere's just too much that time cannot erase

●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●─●

When she had waken up that morning, Feyja had to put a little more effort than normal to actually get up. What she would have rather done was turn over and go back into her dream land. Where everything was okay, her parents were normal, and she could wear what she wanted to school. She didn't know what had been more of a drag from the changes that had happened at the school. The metal detectors were annoying and just a bad reminder. Sort of like a cloud that hung over the school as people passed by them in the entrance and just when walking in the halls. Then there was the school uniforms. Could they have been more lame. Sure they could have been more embarrassing, but it was like they wanted to sap them of everything that made them individuals. And they thought the kids were messed up now? Feyja had relished the fact of no uniforms when she had come to this school. It was bad enough she had to deal with it at her school before. Next she supposed they would take away the option to bring your lunch? Or make all meals oatmeal and water. If she wasn't classified mentally unstable now, she would be. It had certainly brightened her day when she had heard about the field trip to Great Basin. Her parents, however had been hesitant.

User Image
                              So it had been with a bit of reluctance that she had gotten out of her warm bed and making her start to the day. The argument with her parents the day before hovered in her mind as she washed up in the shower and put on very little makeup afterwards. She knew she shouldn't worry, considering she had managed to convince them that she wouldn't go anywhere alone unless Lizzie or a chaperon knew. Which had been much to her irritation considering what had to be said to get there. Even her brother had stepped in to point out that their parents were being totally ridiculous. Feyja was sure that had something to do with it. She made a mental note as she put on her school outfit, to thank him again when she got home. The only thing she was thankful for as far as the uniforms was the fact she could keep her backpack decorated. She didn't quite take advantage of the whole sock factor, considering she usually only wore normal white socks. Still she could appreciate it for those who did wear wacky socks. Her parents, however, she knew loved the new uniform rule. It made it so they were able to pay even less attention to her than they had assumed. Feyja knew it wasn't in those exact terms but it was pretty close. They knew she really only put a few key chains on her backpack so they assumed she would be fine at school.

After the drive to the school, and passing through the hanging clouds (metal detectors) Feyja could tell there was a little more buzz than lately around the school. Today was the first day of the field trip. Long-a** bus ride. Yippie. Well it was worth it if they were going to be away until Sunday. A break from her 'In training' parents, as she now knew them. Because of that Feyja would wait as late as possible to head back and pack what she had already prepared the night before. Keeping this in mind for the general portion of the day, the school day went by surprisingly quickly. Considering that the teachers knew about the field trip, they seemed to be a bit lighter on the homework load. Which was fine with Fey, she planned on dropping by Lizzie's after school to see what she was bringing or if there was anything Fey forgot. Plus she would rather be around her bet friend than her parents. Even if it meant she was doing homework while she was there.

On her way out of the school, or on her way to be out of the school, Feyja felt her phone vibrate in her backpack. She pulled it out to find a text from her mom. One of the only people that knew her new number. Fey was wanted to pick her brother up from school before she came back. Which would make it complicated to stay as far away from home as possible for the next couple hours. But she would make it work. Slipping the phone back into her backpack, she kept her eyes up. At the sight of Sharif, she found her steps going in his direction. She could see he was seeming a bit uncomfortable so she only felt half as awkward as she said "Sorry if I'm interrupting Sharif, Lilly." She started, only really talking to both of them. Then she looked at Sharif. "I just wanted to see how you were doing. And if you were going to be on the trip to the park? It would be nice if you could join us." She said with a kind smile. Since the riots six weeks ago she had been visiting and checking in with Sharif every now and then. They were both in the "Six" as it was called. Plus they had a few things in common, their pasts mainly.

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
User Image
♭ Lɪʟʟɪᴀɴ Aɴɴᴇ Aʀᴄʜᴇʀ♬
I can feel your sorrow you won't forgive me,but I know you'll be all right it tears me apart that you will never know but I have to let go
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

Lillian's eyes widened in shock as she bumped into Damian and she bowed her head and apologized before looking up at Daman. Looking up at him she gave the other artist a small smile before a frown touched her lips. His words hurt her. Not that she would let him see that. She did hope that he would be happy to see her back after being away from him for awhile. “Yes but I decided to come back early... Was that wrong of me?” She asked before looking over and seeing Nadia there. Her gaze went a little hard as she noticed that Nadia did not want to acknowledge her which was fine. The girl was a bad apple, not as bad as some could be but she wasn't very fond of the girl. She would put up with her, for now. Her eye brow rose as Nadia questioned her. “If you would rather not talk to me at all you don't have too.” She stated in a soft voice with a hard edge to it. “I'm hanging around him because he's helping me with something. Does it matter to you who I hang out with? Because it shouldn't.” Lillian didn't mean to be hard or rude but Nadia was getting on her nerves at this point. Nadia didn't have a claim on who she could hang out with and who she couldn't so she should butt out.

Feeling arms wrap around her person she looked over and saw Asli. Giving the younger girl a smile she hugged her back and ruffled her hair. “Thank you Asli. There was no need for you to be worried. I had some work back in London to do. I'm back now until December thirteenth.” She stated ignoring Nadia and everyone else by now. She had missed Asli and learning some sign language from the younger female she tried her best to sign what she was saying as well. She also spoke in a slow voice so that Asli could understand what she was saying better. She had spent a lot of time with Asli when her and Sharif were dating but she did wonder where the girls brother was. That's when she noticed Sharif coming and she went silent.

He looked like a mess to Lillian and she bit her cheek. Was he even trying anymore? Looking down at the ground she wondered if this was because of her? Hearing what Sharif said she looked up at him. Her eyes blinking in shock at his words. Well it didn't matter to her right now so instead she looked away from him. That's when she felt Sharif take a hold of her hand and she winced. They hadn't done that in a long time. She took her hand away from his fast and simply nodded to him. “That's okay Sharif. I'm sorry, I'm heading home soon. I just wanted to see everyone before Monday. The flight back home and the drive were tiring... Do you want me to talk to Mrs. Hakim? I can go right now and speak to her if you wish.” Her voice was light and soft and she got rid of the hard edge to it. “I need to talk to you any ways.” She was going to tell him today about the abortion. Whether he actually listened to her or not well that was up to him.

Another girl was coming up to them and she felt very nervous. It was weird for Lillian to feel nervous around crowds but this crowd well it just made her nervous. She gave a soft smile to Fey and shook her head. “It's alright Fey.” She stated looking away from Damian, Nadia and Sharif. Lillian was ready to bolt for it. Nice welcoming home party. Someone who hated her guts was here, someone she was slowly befriending was here, her ex and probably someone else who hated her was here. Yes she was ready to go home and go to bed and wait till Monday rolled around.

8,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
☠ Taуlоя Aйdяєщ Fоґґёsт ☠

User Image

I'm ᴛʜᴇ Jᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ.
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ᴡʜᴏ I ᴀᴍ.
Tʜᴇʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I'm ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ. Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɢᴇᴛs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ɢɪʀʟ.
I'm ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ɪᴛ.

It had been six weeks since the riot, six weeks since he really talked to anyone. He was seen around the school but he didn't talk to many people. Sure he spoke to Emma once in awhile but nothing too big. His father was still rarely home the same with his mother but it didn't bother him. He was around his siblings more and things weren't so bad. Maybe a little rocky but now he spent the majority of his time playing the sports that he loved and hated at the same time. He had to ask the coach if he could pick up his younger brother and sister and bring them here to watch him play. He made sure they had things to do when they were watching him but he needed them with him. Taylor wasn't one to leave his brother and sister alone at their ages. Who knew what they would do to their house.

Since being in the uniform Taylor wasn't as comfortable as he should be. The kaki's were comfortable enough but the colour was just blah to him. He would rather wear loose jeans and a t-shirt or something, even one of his sport uniforms since those were always comfortable. Now he couldn't because of the riot. The guys here needed to learn how to back off people at times. He knew it was because of the guys on his teams. Hopefully one day they'll wake up and realize that those kids they're picking on might do better than they are now. Bill Gates could be an example and there were probably a few others as well but he couldn't think of their names at the moment.

Since this morning Taylor felt overly tired. He had a lot to do with taking care of his siblings and making sure that he was getting his grades up along with everything else piled on top. His parents were loving and kind, not to say that they weren't but they just weren't as home as often as they should be. It was nothing against them that's just how he saw it. He wished he could see his parents more like when he was younger but that wasn't happening and he did not want his younger brother and sister to end up that way. They deserved to have their family around loving them and cherishing them.

He caught sight of Emma and watched as she came up to him as he was heading to his car. It was finally the weekend and he could sleep in Saturday and Sunday. He might even take a nap when he got home. Well after he picked up his brother and sister. Looking over at Emma he waved and gave her a small smile. Hearing her question that wasn't her question in the first place he nodded. “No, I'm not in a rush at the moment. Just getting the car ready to pick up my siblings.” He stated as he gave Emma another smile.

Dodger Blue ll Purple ll Steelblue ll Violet

In a relationship with WitchilyWayless

Hallowed Lover

15,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
User Image
I remember the look in your eyes,
When you were reaching out to me.
And I tried to help you.
But now I'm haunted,
By the hero that I couldn't be.

«º°¨°ºĐɑɱɩɑɳ Rɑɖke º°¨°º»

⇜-··.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.·-⇝

I know I shouldn't blame myself
For what I cannot control
It seems so impossible to ever let this go

⇜-·.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.·-⇝
█████████████████ ████████████ ████████ █████

Damian actually had mixed feelings about the field trip, not because he was nervous or anything since he actually welcomed the excuse to not be home, but because of the people. He'd have no real escape from many idiots and people he disliked, no way to resist hurting them if they messed with him. Out in the wild there wasn't really doors you could shut and walls, not really and you always had to go back to the group. No day to cool off. Ugh, but hey if it meant a legit reason to avoid being home then he'd take it. That and Lillian would be there and she would worry sick if she went and he didn't, that and she threatened to not go to the trip if he skipped out and he knew that couldn't happen. So either way he had to go for one reason or another, not that he minded much as long as people didn't get piss drunk by a campfire or thought it fun to mess with him. By now his shoulder was better although he could not do heavy lifting or move his arm higher than his head, but the stitches were nearly gone and the wound was closed and it would take more than a tug to open the wound. Or so he hoped and was told.

Hanging out with Lillian as they waited for the trip to get underway and students to arrive he asked about her feelings on the trip. It'd be quite a little change, it wouldn't mess with her modeling schedule? That and a few off handed questions such as what to do while there since he couldn't take his electric guitar with him (although he was able to bring his acoustic so that meant practice for the talent show). Did she have her violin with her? Amidst this easy and light hearted banter he turned when he saw someone approach. Green eyes spotted Nadia, a casual acquaintance of his, and like always he listened and watched silently before replying. To some this habit of his was unnerving but to him it was custom. Damian might not be the most social and know all about the weird things people did, the hints, which said if they were friend or foe but he COULD pick up tones and he wasn't too pleased by Nadia's. But she was a tough chick with a headstrong personality so he often let it slide even if one day it'd make his patience run dry. "Hey Nadi, surprised you got here early, last you told me you are not a morning person. Me? You know, world domination one stage at a time, the usual. How about you rockstar, anything new?"
he asked her, rather friendly in words although truthfully he would have loved silence to just catch up on some Z's. He had not really slept and anything other than questions and answers with little depth was a little beyond him until he got more caffine into him, which looking at his cup was running low....sigh, where was the coffee refills when you needed them?

When it came to what Nadia had to say to Lillian though he knew that the tone she often used, the dismissive one, was always directed at Lillian whenever the three of them were in a conversation. He couldn't wrap his mind around it, why was she okay with him but not Lillian, she was just as musically adept as he was...Whatever, perhaps a girl thing. Still he let it be known he wasn't a fan of such behaviors. "Nadi, no one is forcing you to play nice. Recall, I like people being honest to themselves and others rather than force something, even if it's a greeting. I've no clue why you and Lily don't really get along, not my scene, just let's keep this trip as painless as possible. Lily is a friend and we're working on a project together, so that's the story."
He added on to what Lillian said, he knew Lillian wasn't the type to get intimidated and she let it be known that she too did not like fake formalities. When Shariff arrived he gave the other a wave, just hoping the past drama with Lily and Shariff would be forgotten. "Hey Shariff, seems we're all nocturnal and having issues with waking up for this trip today eh? First thing I'm doing is taking a nap far away from the group in a tent someplace or something, seriously, can't get better than that. My ears, thankfully thanks to lots of gum, have already popped and are in good shape....doubt it'll last with so many idiots on this trip like the Prada-Chicks over there who won't stop their squeals and 'oh my gosh, no way' chatter. Seriously, too bad murder is outlawed." he said as, indeed, some of the more popular and cliche girls who spent too much time tanning and getting highlights gushed over stupid things and squealed every five seconds at something. How he needed patience to survive. Thankfully since the riot he was on pretty good terms with Shariff, Sean, Lillian, and on a casual friendship wih Nadia due to musical mutuality. A few others he kinda nodded in the halls, but they were few and only due to acquantance with the others, not that he minded.

So how long has this gone on, I don't see this ending.
        It's too late, we can't change what has now begun.
        We act like it's not right, why are we pretending?
        We've been wrong for so long. We've known this all along.

Memories consume, like opening the wound, I'm picking me apart again.
        I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream.
        When we all fall down, who will take the blame? What will it take?

I'm waiting for better days, these hard times won't go away. I still haven't found my way.
        Where there's nothing left to leave behind, I won't give you what's mine.
        My life is a warzone, torn between what's right and wrong.
        There's no way out, I'm gonna end up hurting someone.
User Image
Nadia Akiame Thompson: Rocker Chick
Music runs through my veins, and the beat runs my heart

Lillian was making a complete b***h out of herself. God, and she did that thing where she talked. Katherine glanced towards the other. As she waited for her to be done with it. Soon she said that Nadia didn't have to talk to her. Which made Nadi feel more than happy to oblige that idea. She didn't want to talk to her at all. Was just trying to be friendly. She sighed "It matters when its one of my friends Lill. Believe me, if you talked to ... Sharif or someone else I wouldn't bother you. So why don't you go and hang out with someone else?"

Nadia looked towards Lilian as Asli hugged Lilian as she stated about Lily being back. Was worried. Yada yada. Friend s**t. She saw the other arms wrapped around Lilian. And honestly this Asli chick sounded retarded. She soon heard the question to Damian. And well Nadia ignored the group of people for one reason. She just didn't care. She soon heard Sharif introduce her to the new chick. Nadia raised her hand as she said "Hello new person"

She was sure someone would let her know, who the hell the weird gloved girl was. But she wasn't holding her breathe. Her attention went towards the other. As Sharif looked like crap. As if he had rushed to get ready in the morning. She tilted her head as she asked "Sharif, did you just get up like five minutes ago? You look...kind of like crap"

Nadia did not like being talked like she wasn't goddamn there. And this glove-chick, seemed to do that. How very interesting. She heard the other ask if she should know her. Nadia admitted to Asli "No you shouldn't. And I'm right here, so don't talk around me okay?"

Sharif heard Sharif talk to his sister, none of it really that interesting. Blah blah blah. Nads found herself kind of zoning out. Because it wasn't about her or Damian and since they were not really her friends she didn't have to pretend to care. She heard him talk about Damian or about how it wasn't any of her...oh wait, he was talking to her? ******** now she had to try and pay attention. She listened. She shrugged "I don't think I give a s**t what you think. And its called being his friend so yeah it sort of is my business who he talks to. If it bothers you so much why don't you go bother someone else?"

Asli heard the other state that the other felt sorry or whatever. And she again kind of zoned out. Clean air. Camping. Nature. Nadia didn't like nature at all. But it would be nice to sort of hang out with Damian a bit more. She felt that she didn't get to hang out with him. She gave a nod "Well I'm looking forward to it...should be nice."

Nadia's attention went to Damian, the person she actually liked talking to. The brunette heard him discuss the surprise of her being there in the morning. She smiled as he talked, because she enjoyed his company. He was actually not annoying as the other people that populated this school. She chuckled as he said he was doing world domination. She smiled "Hello Damian. Well world domination is always a lot of fun. Well nothing really that new. Started taking up the guitar, figured if i like it in music i should learn more about it, you know? Do you still play it?"

Though at least Damian got her. That was what she liked. He got her and didn't mind that she was not a nice person. everyone else it felt like they were trying to force her to be a nice and swell person. She soon heard about how there was nobody forcing her to be nice. Nadia gave a nod as she decided "It is exhausting trying nice to people. I don't like her because it feels like she's trying to take you and in doing so I lose one of the few friends I got. I feel its underhanded and that pisses me off. And that's about the jist of it..."

She heard about how they were going to be keeping this trip as painless. And that Lily was a friend and all they were doing was a project. Which made her feel a little bit better but still she was quite upset about the situation still. She did like how he spoke about how there were morons on this trip. She loved it. See, this is why Damian and her were friends. Because she fel the exact same way. She laughed at the comment as she smiled "Every now and then I wonder if I can get away with just one murder...just one to be an example so the stupidity stops So what are we suppose to be doing on this field trip? Just....camp or is there activities or what?"

In a relationship with WitchilyWayless

Hallowed Lover

15,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • That One Hero 500
User Image
I remember the look in your eyes,
When you were reaching out to me.
And I tried to help you.
But now I'm haunted,
By the hero that I couldn't be.

«º°¨°ºĐɑɱɩɑɳ Rɑɖke º°¨°º»

⇜-··.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.·-⇝

I know I shouldn't blame myself
For what I cannot control
It seems so impossible to ever let this go

⇜-·.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.⋰:⋱.·-⇝

Again, Damian was just so confused as to the girl rivalry or drama. How Nadia was all on the passive-aggressive and Lillian was basically doing the finger-snap of "Look how much I give a sh*t". Ugh....even though he knew both girls he often wondered why they either were tight to the point of being "sisters~!" or unable to mingle without seriously maiming one another. He knew both girls were big girls able to take care of one another and he left them to their 'talk' although he added, rather softly as if he just could not be bothered to care, that everyone could hang out with whom they wished, when they wished. Lillian, again, was working on a project with him so they ended up spending lots of time together, that and the fact that they were friends. As for Nadia, he went to her sometimes when he found new music or she mentioned a new local gig or nearby show that was worth checking into. Now, if they both couldn't even be in the same space together while he was involved, then perhaps he'd just end up on his own. He was used to it and he let it be known. "If a conversation can't be kept with all of us here, then I'm out. I did not sign up for this trip to be part of some monkey-in-the-middle, or tug of war, character. So let's just keep things honest, real, and if I'm having a conversation with someone stop by to say hi, then when I'm done I'll search you out and we can have our own convo. Great, yes, okay so that's how we'll do this."
he said rapidly to drown out protests. Seriously, if both girls could not be together, then let him know his attention was required and when he finished the conversation with the person who stopped by first, he'd get to you. Not that difficult. That and texts, that way the school (and him) did not have to worry about body bags and 'mysterious murders' during the trip. He trusted Lillian full well and would not shun her or even blame this on her. Neither Nadia since he knew she was just a very prickly person who was used to being on her own, like him, so to be with others literally "cramped her style" to the point of making her try to get rid of the others. He'd seen it done before. Just to be fair to anyone who'd even attempt or care to talk to him, he said to Nadia, "I know you care and this is just how you are, but these are people who are also friends of mine and I have a say in this. I don't bug you about who you associate with, so please just let me be with who I am. If you dislike them, then when we are alone you can tell me why or what I can do to keep the drama minimal. If anything is wrong, I'll let you know but you don't need to get involved more than that, alright?" The way he said it was not blaming or even telling her to chill the heck out. It was just a sigh of sorts in which he told her he was going to hang out with who he wanted, like it or not, and she did not have to get involved or even care who he assosiated with. It was her drama, not his. BUT if she had valid reasons, then he'd listen. If she was worried about him and wondered if it was linked to one of those of this group, then he'd let her know and she may ask. But as for the rest: back off.

Letting that linger in the air for a moment he allowed the conversation shift to something less volatile. "Yeah? Well if you want to really get a good musical foundation then guitar and the piano are the way to go. Once you get those two, the rest are just a matter of technicality. Piano for scales and notation, for voice training. Guitar for voice accompaniment and expansion from Piano. I think you're on the right track though if you think that way, I could teach you some during the trip if you'd want. I brought my acoustic, so that should make the trip a bit more fun. But warning: I am NOT playing no freaking campfire sing along song or Kumbaya, or any of that. If I so much as hear the first chord and word, I'm out."
He said dead serious even though it was a silly little nothing. He just was sick of those songs and of the sense of being forced into the group singalong moment. It was so phoney to him that it sickened him. He would not lie and sit there when he would wish nothing more than to duct tape the person's mouth shut and use the guitar as fire wood. Perhaps it was all this that made him and Nadia able to hang out, they were headstrong and had a "I will kick your a*s if I feel like it. Watch it. I'm not gonna pull punches." They faced the world on with the finger high in the air and a "Bring it!" mentality. Daredevils and people who most would avoid and call troublesome. But he was more than that, as Lillian knew, but did Nadia?

It was a little while later before he finally heard Nadia's reason for disliking Lillian. It actually surprised him, especially because he did not believe that lately he'd been shunning others. If he had it was unknown to him. He understood what Nadia meant, even if he knew that Lillian was completely unable to be the type of individual described to him. Letting the words mill over his head a while he finally nodded in acknowledgement. "I am not the type to leave a friend for another. All of you are a friend to me, from Lillian to you, from Shariff to Sean. Even Shariff's sister and Feyja who I still need to speak to more. If you need me, let me know, if you want to talk, let me know. If not then how am I to fix or even understand what you're going through? Until now I did not understand what the trouble between you and Lily was, because to me it did not seem that way nor is it. I admit we hung out more than ever before and that meant less time for hanging out with you, but if you just texted me or anythign I would have made time. Made the effort to include you on more things. I just need to know or I can't do anything, got it?"
He asked, sincere and wanting Nadia to know that he got her now and why she'd been so prissy but he wasn't a mind reader. He didn't know what was irking her until told, so if anythign was up, she had to let him know. She was still his friend, but he also had others (albeit very few) and there would be times when he'd have to say no to one for another, but he'd make it up. Trust him.

Going to talk about murder and morons (there should be a song or book titled that, since it was just too true), he had to smile amused. Eyes twinkling. "That is why Papa Roach is on my playlist all the time. 'Getting Away With Murder' has been replayed so much on my iPod that I think it stopped counting the amount of replays by now. Lillian,-"
he said to include her into the conversation and with his eyes gazing at the others to know he was still with them and inviting them to jump in at any moment, "-recall how you mentioned something similar to all this before? Regarding how there needs to be an island where the idiots go to just isolate them, that way ignornace does not spread? This here should be the theme song for that." His eyes twinkling still and for a moment he looked like just any other teen with his friends. Not like one of the Pact members who always got in trouble, or made trouble. Or someone who had a Hell of a past and so many ghosts and skelentons in his closet. For a tiny moment in time he was just a guy.

So how long has this gone on, I don't see this ending.
        It's too late, we can't change what has now begun.
        We act like it's not right, why are we pretending?
        We've been wrong for so long. We've known this all along.

Memories consume, like opening the wound, I'm picking me apart again.
        I don't know what's worth fighting for, or why I have to scream.
        When we all fall down, who will take the blame? What will it take?

I'm waiting for better days, these hard times won't go away. I still haven't found my way.
        Where there's nothing left to leave behind, I won't give you what's mine.
        My life is a warzone, torn between what's right and wrong.
        There's no way out, I'm gonna end up hurting someone.

3,825 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
User Image

┃┃__________________________________________

Emma didn't usually try to analyze people. She was not a shrink and she wasn't one try and be. Of course, it didn't stop her from trying understand illogical things in people she called friends. Adele was a friend, a best friend, a sister. Yet she hadn't thought enough of Emma to tell that she wanted to her to live in world without her. Emma wasn't sure what that meant for their friendship. Emma wasn't sure if she even knew how to forgive Adele or if she could. Emma was not in place to try right now, but she wasn't going let her friend be ripped to shreds by her own hand. Real friends were considerate that way. Emma was having a hard time understanding why Nadia couldn't understand that. Emma was just as angry if not more, with Adele for this, but it was ******** stupid to try and make it worse. Emma knew that she couldn't be angry with Adele forever. She didn't live her former best friend's life. She had no idea what really went on when she wasn't visiting. Not that Emma visited Adele that often, keeping up her grades and finding time to work tended limit her outside of school socialization. Of course, Emma didn't raise herself to see everyone as some sort monster secretly. So Adele's parents, outside of being insanely shortsighted when they named her Adelaide, were good people in Emma's eyes. Sure they weren't considerate of their daughter's feelings on whatever the ******** they were going through, but no parent ever was. Scientific fact that was.

She tried to be a person of logic and understanding. If Emma allowed her life to run solely on emotion, she didn't wouldn't be in Fallon still. No. Emma legitimately missed her parents most days. At start of her wandering journey, she missed those two so much she contemplated going back to Reno almost every day. Of course, with each day that she found them not to be even trying to look for their daughter, she started to miss them less and less. They didn't care, or maybe they thought she'd just come back on her own like the prodigal son in that own story in the Bible her parents loved to quote so much. Of course, that would mean that her parents were accepting of their daughter with all of missteps and “faults”. That would mean they loved her by virtue of just being their child, and with all the “no child of mine” speeches they had given her when she basically came out to them years ago, it seemed to Emma that didn't want her to be their child. So if that was what Emma's parents wanted, she'd given them that some years ago. That's how Emma knew that deep down Adele's parents loved their little girl, they were trying to help their daughter even if they didn't know what the ******** they were doing. Parents didn't have to be perfect, they just had to try. Adele's parents tried, Nadia's parents tried, Emma's didn't bother. For that reason, no matter what any of their daughter's chose to do, Emma would always respect her sister's parents.

Emma would always have respect for people who took on that role when it wasn't exactly their place. Sure, Emma's perfect world eleven or twelve year old children would not ever been in a position to become parents. In Emma's perfect world, parenting would come with a handbook. In Emma's perfect work actual parents wouldn't burden their child with the task reserved for them just because that child happened to be born first. Not that was something Emma had to worry about, but that was only because she walked away from the twins when she walked away from her parents. They weren't old enough to remember the sister that left them with only two kisses on the forehead between them. Her spiteful parents probably told her siblings they didn't have a sister, but since no one in Emma's mind was inherently cruel, she couldn't rightly make such a claim. Emma didn't was an elder sibling but she didn't suffer from the plight of birth order in the way that Taylor did. Emma suffered daily in not being aware of their day to day lives and what her siblings were like, it hurt like hell not to be there to guide the pair of kids any way she could at their tender ages. What are they now, six or seven...I can't remember exactly...am I really that bad of a sister?

Emma couldn't have been, but on days like this when she saw friends and annoyances alike, enemy was too strong a word, with things to do with siblings, it was only natural that Emma felt left out. Inadequate by comparison somehow because she hadn't been willing to endure mental abuse to be in lives of her blood-bound siblings. She was stopping Taylor from having more time to spend with the siblings he could touch, for what? She had come to her fellow senior with a purpose she no longer remembered. His simple statement had gotten her to thinking how she had abandoned the little people who may have needed her. How Taylor had tried to do the same thing. The difference was in Emma's case the siblings had no chance of truly knowing their sister. Taylor's siblings, judging from the way they had been mentioned to her were old enough for their big brother to be their personal hero. That was why Taylor's recent on accept himself seemed to be illogical to Emma. It didn't seem like something the young man she was getting to know would consciously do. (It could have been adverse effect of a muscle relaxer or something. Medicine did crazy s**t to people sometimes.)

Of course, Taylor siblings weren't the only people who needed him. Sometimes, would be teammates needed him as well. ”I really don't know what to make of this and since you have been doing the sports thing for as long as I have lived here, I figured you'd be the one ask. I was added to the rooster for tennis Coach said to prepare for baseball season, but I had already made the soccer team in week two of school. Maybe I am paranoid but it seems to me like everyone, coaches included is not comfortable with me being around. I half a mind think it has nothing to with soccer, I know I am good and have potential to get better but...if I going to be on a team they needs to try and let me in right? I didn't have this issue with Cross-country team, I loved it but the schedule, once I seen it, was in conflict with my jobs...I don't have my third, I mean second one quite yet.” She paused to take a breathe and collect herself a bit, not sure why she'd even brought work up, ”I guess what I am saying is, is this like normal hazing s**t to do, or I am seriously right to think it's got something to do with...something else. I mean, okay I get that with my being gay it might have potential to a little uncomfortable for some people, I shower in the private handicapped stall with my back to the group the whole time to avoid this. I'm so confused, Coaches say all this s**t about of the team is family yet every time we are on the field as a time they treat me like I don't exist! I'm...I'm second string right forward at moment and Alyson, that's the girl I sub for gimped her knee pretty bad last month. I've been in the position since then, but they won't give me anything. That's not...what I mean, I don't need them to give me shots or anything stupid like that but their my teams and they aren't even trying to defend for me. I mean, I swear times it seems they won't even accept my passes....I do not understand this Taylor. I am not playing with any less drive or heart or whatever, so this really...it doesn't make sense at all.”

Emma didn't realize it while she talked but her voice had been steadily cracking as she spoke to her fellow sportsmen. Her body had racked itself with tension from anger or sadness it was impossible to tell. Emma tried to be a person of logic and understanding. She understood the reason for her teammates discomfort in locker room situation, people were entitled to their insecurities she knew. Of course, Emma knew Homophobia. She had dealt with it in almost every aspect of her life. As althete though, it didn't make sense. In a situation where the collective strength of diverse few is supposed to be focused on obtaining the win for the team, that personal biases could be placed before that. It was...illogical.

OOC: I am sorry for how long this took, I was uber out of it for these characters, my head is sliding back into place and I am in place for more consistency.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff