Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image
                    User ImageUser Image
                                          • User Image
                                            xxxxOWNER sir poppycock
                                            xxxxGRAPHICS sir poppycock
                                            xxxxTHEME SONG exo : miracles in december
                                            xxxxCREDITS kdrama, tumblr, google, and da.
                                            xxxxLITERACY 4OO words +
                                            xxxxSTATUS open | full.
                                            x
                                            x
                                            User Image
                                            Welcome to the sir poppycock production, Miracles in December. This role-play was an idea i've had for months now and finally decided to put into motion. Based on Exo's song, Miracles in December, I decided to make a role-play similar to the theme of the song. In addition to, most of the inspiration for this role-play was not just taken from that song, but from other korean songs that I have listened too. Though Christmas will be prevalent in the thread, I based it around the winter time seeing that it is the most joyous time of the year. Well in my books. So, if your are interested, I wish you stay and read on. We're going to have some fun here and I hope that you will be apart of it. Again welcome and enjoy your time here.
                                            x
                                            x
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser Image
              User ImageUser Image
                    User ImageUser Image
                                          • It happens every year around this time. Lives are continuously ruined by fatal tragedies and people are left to mourn and cope with their losses. In the end, you move on or try to at least. Still holding that special person in your heart, you had only hoped and dreamed that they would come back to you.

It was five years ago when the snow blanketed Seoul. Leaving snowy white streets and dangling icicles, it had been a time most couldn't forget. Though the news said to stay indoors and keep warm, most did the opposite in hopes of enjoying this winter wonderland. With the poorly made snow mans parading the streets, the night was considered to be a joyous time. Nonetheless, that joyous moment was the undoing for some.

Announced through the news, radio and newspaper the next day, names of people you once knew were no longer here. Apparent accidents and others of natural causes were the reasons behind their demise. It was a time of grieving for some while the rest of the world went on with their life. Throwing your wishes into the sky, you only hoped that yours would be the ones answered. It seemed pointless, but you did this to put your mind at ease. However, you never thought they would have been granted.

Five years from that tragic night, you've found ways of moving on or at least ways you considered acceptable. Though your life wasn't what you expected it to be, it was plausible for the time. It is now the same day that marked the death of your loved one. Though you didn't acknowledge the clock which slowly stopped at 7:03 pm or the snow which began to fall, you knew something miraculous was happening.

Appearing at your door step, a letter was given to you in confirmation that your wish had been granted. However, you had two weeks to make it all count before the clock hit 7:03 pm once again. You didn't know what it meant but after that letter strange things have been happening which have left you to wonder if it was all real or just a dream. They became your MIRACLES IN DECEMBER.
              User ImageUser Image
                    User ImageUser Image
                                          • THE RETURNING
                                            You died December 24th at exactly 7:03 pm. Unaware of what was to come next, you were placed in a world different from your own. Filled with things that brought joy to your previous life, you were left to put what was given to good use. However, you were alone. Alone in a place that was familiar to you but at the same time foreign. Filled with exquisite beauty, you were left to your own device for what seemed like days. It was upon the fifth day that you were visited by Rafael. He was a simple stranger at first, but told you of your tragedy and what was to come. In the end, you were dead but given a second chance.

Some of you didn't realize the reason behind it, but that the heavens had given you another opportunity at life. A second chance at being alive. Still just like every miracle, they couldn't pardon you from the tragedy that was to come. You knew that going back would give you the chance of seeing your loved one once again, but still your time would be brief. Only given two weeks, you had to make your time there special before your time ran out. It would be upon your last day on Earth, you would die similarly or differently then you had died before.

In the end, your trip home would be short. You would take on the professions that your life before was leading to and you would be apart of the society that you departed from. It would have been as if you never left, but only your loved one would know the real truth.

Upon your arrival back to Earth, you all woke up as if everything was just a dream. Though you each have had a change of scenery it didn't change the fact that five years have passed. Five years older and now pursuing the professions that brought joy to you in your previous life, you have been camouflaged to fit in with your surroundings. Though it has tricked everyone else around you, it hasn't tricked your loved one.

THE LIVING
                                            You have received a letter only to be told that your wish had been granted, but not of your exact wish. Two weeks you were given to make everything count and you didn't even know where to start from. Though you were baffled by this letter, you didn't notice the strange things that began to happen around you. Pictures of you and your loved one started to appear and disappear, while everything else slowly started to change. You didn't notice this change but continue to go on with your life as if everything was the same, though it is not.
              User ImageUser Image
                    User ImageUser Image
                                          • GENERAL
                                            Anything pertaining to the gaia t.o.s should be followed. If you step out of line, you have (3) strikes and you're out. If sexual activities take place in the thread, time skip should be implemented. Since gaia bans such conduct do not take it to the pms. I don't deem kissing or hugging as disorderly just the scenes that may come after. Also, piracy is not welcomed here or anywhere else, so refrain from embezzling anything from this thread or other threads.

I want a minimum of 400 + words a post and a minimum of one post a week. Bear in mind that your post should have meaning to them. Also with your introduction, I am expecting interaction. Don't give us a 3000 word post and your character is just sitting by themselves. In addition to, I love pretty layouts, however simple layouts are also great, refrain from using any loud colors and small font in your layout. 10-11 is a suitable font size.

CHARACTER
                                            I'm not looking for sues, meaning no perfect characters are allowed here. Everyone has a flaw even if they don't know it. So avoid making all powerful and flawless characters. Note that I am not looking for young models, especially not ulzzangs. I will accept actors, actresses, singers, etc, but be sure they look the part. The age limit for this thread is 23-25, so give me just that. In addition to, avoid having traits that cancel out the other, meaning a guy can't be introvert and sociable at the same time. The roles are pre-made so make a character that suits that position.

APPLICATION
                                            The application layout can be found in the app thread, as well as the directions in applying for a role in the thread. In addition to, I am looking for high quality images. Do not give me any blurry or stretched images of your character, thank you.

EXTRA
                                            Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, meaning treat others with the concern and kindness you would like them to show you. I want this thread to be a place where all feel welcome and not left out. Do not make a mass skype group for this thread. I've had this happen before and it just never works out. This is where the ooc steps in. It is the only way for me to know you are still alive. If I don't hear from you within a (4) days time, I will send your first warning and if this continues then you are out. Further, I want you to enjoy yourself here in the thread and have fun doing so.
              User ImageUser Image
                    User ImageUser Image
                                          • HAVE THE RETURNING LOST ALL THEIR MEMORY ?
                                            No. They are fully aware of who they are and who their other half is. It is just that five years have passed and people have either moved on or found ways of coping. However, there are two characters that may not remember. First, Sugarplum, who suffered brain damage during her accident and second, Snowflake, who was blind and couldn't see but remembers the person's voice.

HOW DO WE GO ABOUT PLOTTING RELATIONSHIPS ?
                                            Seeing that the returning have been placed in the world as if they never left, you go about how you usually plot as if they never died. However, if any relationships does form after they died, they will immediately remember the relationship as if they never died. Example: Mistletoe and Sugarplum could have been best friends in college, so once Sugarplum returns she remember her relationship with Mistletoe even though the two never met before her death. Or Reindeer and Snowman could have been enemies before Reindeer died, but once Reindeer returns they are bros. In addition to, the Returning can be shipped with each other. For example, Peppermint and Sugarplum could be friends or something and have memories of the other, but they will know that the other died as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff