Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
          x
          too lazy for formatting this post.

what's up, guys? i'm nicky, and i'm ugly and proud. need a distraction from the world at the
          moment, so i'm creating a new roleplay! this is just a quick interest check before i create the
          thread. i'm gonna explain a little about the plot, and hopefully you'll get the gist.

mapleway boarding school was constructed in the early 1800s and is located in baltimore, maryland.
            for over two hundred centuries, it has been the most internationally known boarding school for talented
            youth. this is because it has introduced many teenagers and children out into the booming industry of
            lack of better wording- all sorts of arts. at mapleway, instructors do their best to train young dancers,
            actors and actresses and - of course - musicians. once accepted, each student will live on campus
            and stay in co-ed dormitories for four years, with the occasional holiday break. students will need to
            buckle down and work hard to make it big. try not to break under the pressure.

so, yeah. i'll most likely add more to that, but that's good for now. moving on to some other
          things. the reserves will be short and to the point, but the profiles will be done in a test thread
          dedicated to your character(s)
          . all the information on that will be stated in the main thread. you
          are allowed two characters of opposite gender for now! don't be afraid to ask questions!

status:: full + OPEN xx words:: 500+ xx main thread:: here

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
          x
          the roles::
          actress - taken - female - empathetic vomiter
          actor - taken - male - stickypostIT
          artist - taken - female - so much nope
          dancer - taken - male - viva el pluto
          vocalist - taken - female - Bifflestick
          vocalist - taken - male - le dorc
          musician - taken - female - 3am desires
          musician - taken - male - AVK4T3

okay. so, i understand nobody really likes filling out forms, but it helps me. a lot. once the
          background check has been accepted, please fill out the detailed reserve within the next 72
          hours. the rest will be taken care of from the main thread. quick note - characters age must be
          between fifteen and eighteen. models or celebrities are okay. however, i am a tad bit picky with
          faceclaims, so i may ask you to change it. sorry ahead of time.

background check::

[size=15][color=white]xx[/color]check me out [i]![/i][/size]
          [size=10]preferred name: here
          availability: here
          samples: here

character name: here
          role: here
          faceclaim: here[/size]

detailed reserve::
          [list][list][img]http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y465/xxdropdeadlovely/Misc/55773cea-dbcc-443d-b3a3-926b7dbb9865_zps869295e3.jpg[/img]
          [size=5][color=white]x[/color][/size]
          [list][list][size=15][b]NAME[/b][/size] [size=10]first middle last (lowercase)[/size]
          [size=15][b]AGE[/b][/size] [size=10]fifteen-eighteen (lowercase and spelled out)[/size]
          [size=15][b]BIRTHDAY[/b][/size] [size=10]month and day (lowercase)[/size]

[size=15][b]+TRAITS[/b][/size] [size=10]five positive traits separated by commas (lowercase)[/size]
          [size=15][b]-TRAITS[/b][/size] [size=10]five negative traits separated by commas (lowercase)[/size]

[size=15][b]LIKES[/b][/size] [size=10]five or more likes separated by commas (lowercase)[/size]
          [size=15][b]DISLIKES[/b][/size] [size=10]five or more dislikes separated by commas (lowercase)[/size]
          [size=15][b]FEARS[/b][/size] [size=10]three fears separated by commas (lowercase)[/size]

[spoiler][size=10]a blurb consisting of only five sentences. nothing more, nothing less. write it in first-person, as if your character is being interviewed. show their personality! see, i just wrote five sentences![/size][/spoiler]
          [size=15][b]ROLE[/size][/b] [size=10]the adjective role (lowercase)[/size]
          [size=15][b]USERNAME[/size][/b] [size=10]type it out as an exact match[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
      x
          NAME alaska fei sanders
          AGE seventeen
          BIRTHDAY december twenty-fourth

+TRAITS imaginative, observant, supportive, docile, astute
          -TRAITS enigmatic, blunt, impulsive, cantankerous, detached

LIKES painting&sculpting, starry skies, collecting porcelain dolls, horror genre, vegetarian meals, night swimming
          DISLIKES damp towels, superstitions, biting flies, closed-mindedness, flirtatious guys, gossip
          FEARS commitment, death of family, walls being broken

I was born and raised, along with my older brother, in the Limburg province of the Netherlands, and as you've probably - hopefully - have guessed, I can speak both Dutch and English, though at times I can be a bit hard to understand. I took an interest in art as an escape when my mother was. . . diagnosed with lung cancer; that was seven years ago, but it feels like it was just yesterday. Two years after that, my parents and I moved here, to Baltimore, to be closer to hospitals that we knew would take care of Mom and Mapleway, where I will be staying to get further instructions and preparations for a future of art; my brother decided to stay behind since he had just married. I guess that, uh, sums everything up; my life hasn't been all the interesting, huh.

ROLE
          the mysterious artist
          USERNAME so much nope

User Image
      x
          NAME kyrre fenn larke
          AGE eighteen
          BIRTHDAY april first

+TRAITS intelligent, passionate, courageous, independent, honest
          -TRAITS reckless, wayward, stubborn, unreliable, unpredictable

LIKES fruit tea, sunsets, applause, writing, the ocean, thunderstorms, winter, tattoos
          DISLIKES coffee, ignorance, controlling people, rats, bacon, cockroaches, corny romance films
          FEARS going deaf, being trapped, not being remembered

they say that i am terminally late for just about everything and, well, i guess that's true - i am a truly terrible time keeper. it means that i also get called a diva, but really i just get distracted or get so focussed on something that i just forget that i have other things to do. i mean, writing your own songs is hard work, and then i have to make guitars tabs and it's just work, people need to get off my back sometimes. i guess i have a bit of a problem with authority - my father was super strict, and in fact beat my mother if anything went wrong, which is how we ended up here, i mean you didn't think this accent was american did you? irish all the way baby, and that's kyrre out!

ROLE the flighty vocalist
          USERNAME bifflestick

User Image
      x
          NAME maeve alessia wilson
          AGE seventeen
          BIRTHDAY june nineteenth

+TRAITS curious, witty, sarcastic, humorous, cautious
          -TRAITS temperamental, blunt, emotional, promiscuous, insecure

LIKES boys, girls, piano, folk music, trains, hot showers, slam poetry
          DISLIKES relationships, my family, dubstep, hypocrites, sea food, being told to calm down, myself
          FEARS not being accepted in society, public humiliation, waking up and forgetting how to play music

the people that I've met in foggy underground clubs have taught me a lot about myself like, for example, apparently I measure my self worth by the amount of people who want to sleep with me. and I also have a really ******** hilarious caustic, dark sense of humor. or at least that's what they say-- but my parents? "music will get you nowhere, maeve, I mean look at your older sister who is making a living the right way!" and, well, what do I have to say about it? ******** it all, is what I have to say.

ROLE the unsettled musician
          USERNAME 3am desires

User Image
      x
          NAME evelyn grace mcintyre
          AGE sixteen
          BIRTHDAY february twenty-first

+TRAITS clever, articulate, witty, rational, observant
          -TRAITS reserved, cynical, indecisive, insecure, self-indulgent

LIKES black tea, dogs, classical music, baking, horror movies, puns, cinnamon
          DISLIKES soda, obnoxious people, gossiping, diets, raisins, humid weather
          FEARS drowning, expulsion, small spaces

I grew up in a small town on the coast good old Massachusetts, with my normal little family of four. When I was thirteen, I walked in on my father and our next-door neighbor doing the dirty, and after that things were... considerably less easy; divorce soon followed and suddenly my entire life was ripped apart. The one constant I had was acting, so I decided to try to make a career out of it. My mother was fully supportive of me - as for my dad, I'd like to take his opinions and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. As you may be able to guess, I don't have the best relationship with him anymore - though you have to talk to a person to have a relationship, I suppose, so it might be a farce to even call it a relationship.

ROLE the guarded actress
          USERNAME empathetic vomiter

User Image
      x
          NAME jamie paul morris
          AGE eighteen
          BIRTHDAY march twenty - ninth

+TRAITS detail - orientated, forgiving, complaisant, trusting, secure
          -TRAITS self - absorbed, petulant, capricious, proud, forgetful

LIKES pizza rolls, bad reality tv, girls, sweatpants, music mashups
          DISLIKES being criticized publicly, library books, ballet tights, egg salad sandwiches, humidity
          FEARS not joining a great dance company, sharks and smelling bad

the thing they don't tell you about being a boy in ballet classes is you're basically one of three - maybe, if that - and they're all wearing thin leos with their asses hanging out. the thing they do tell you about being a boy in ballet classes is you're probably gay. but when you're five and your aunt's desperate for a nutcracker because moms are complaining that their little princesses can't be princes, you have no choice in the matter. so i've been borrowed at her studio ever since my debut, first just as a classmate and later as a dance instructor for the four year olds. as much as i complain about it, i really like ballet - not that i'd ever say it out loud.

ROLE the reluctant ballerina
          USERNAME viva la pluto

User Image
      x
          NAME thomas lee hollingshead
          AGE eighteen
          BIRTHDAY june twenty - second

+TRAITS charming, gregarious, keen, tenacious, dilligent
          -TRAITS unorganized, mischievous, impulsive, argumentative, scornful

LIKES mo-town, adidas, youtube covers(making and watching), bold women, the city
          DISLIKES being alone, tweens, heavy metal, the common cold, spiders
          FEARS nodes, falling to his death, struggling through his musical career

in middle school as an adolescent punk, when questioned about my future, i would have given some smart a** response like, "i don't have a future so i'll just be a teacher," or for laughs, "opera singer." quite honestly i didn't have a clue, i mean who know's what they want to do in middle school for crying out loud. i always had a love for all things music and singing and kept it to myself for the most part of my shower that is until my sister thought it'd be hilarious to record me during said shower. 20 thousand something odd views later and 'shower boy' was a hit, with little to no convincing I started posting videos of my own(outside of the shower) and well i don't like to toot my own horn but, *toot toot*. i'm just waiting for the day, but if you ask this adolescent punk again about his future, i'm just gonna sing 'i wanna be a billionaire so freakin bad.' it's the closest thing to the truth.

ROLE the bohemian melodist
          USERNAME le dorc

User Image
      x
          NAME ryder amadeus wolfe
          AGE seventeen
          BIRTHDAY september thirteenth

+TRAITS compassionate, urbane, jaunty, shrewd, driven
          -TRAITS private, insincere, sarcastic, perfectionistic, confrontational

LIKES sunrises, opera, swimming and diving, vanilla anything, cooking, nighttime
          DISLIKES caramel, spicy food, espresso-based beverages, disorganization, unkempt hands
          FEARS not being able to say goodbye, failure, clowns

I was born to two Juilliard graduates turned New York Philharmonic musicians who thought naming me after Mozart would be hilarious. By the age of 10, I already knew how to play the piano, drums, almost every guitar, violin, alto sax and cello; my parents really didn't waste any time in turning me into a music whiz-kid. My ghastly pubescent appearance didn't help my band-geek reputation so let's all be thankful that I am no longer "Rye-Bread the Pizza Face". Music comes natural to me, give me any instrument and I'll learn it in one sitting but my true loves are the piano and drums. When I'm inspired, I like to be in isolation and can go hours without sleeping or eating, but oh boy, if you interrupt me during this time, I will not be held responsible for what ever happens to you.

ROLE the dedicated musician
          USERNAME AVK4T3

User Image
      x
          NAME anthony victor emerson
          AGE eighteen
          BIRTHDAY november 8

+TRAITS ambitious, resourceful, charming, adventurous, outspoken
          -TRAITS arrogant, jealous, cynical, impulsive, manipulative

LIKES women, parties, extravagance, rainy days, chocolate
          DISLIKES sports, competition, sunny days, being told what to do, cats
          FEARS being alone, snakes, needles

i grew up witht the finer things in life, and as such i'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle. like most men my age, i'm obsessed with the opposite sex, but i am easily bored so i tend to love to play games. girl's, and people in general are so gullible, you have to admit it's fun to play with that. now some, scratch that, most people might call me an a*****e, but hey i just try to enjoy myself. i hate competition and i'm a very jealous person, i hate to see someone doing better than me.

ROLE the arrogant actor
          USERNAME stickypostIT

Liberal Genius

xxcheck me out !
preferred name: just my username or a shortened version if you want!!
availability: embarrassingly pretty much everyday (I'll notify you if otherwise though)
samples: here

character name: maeve alessia wilson
faceclaim: rachel hilbert

xxcheck me out !
          preferred name: viv
          availability: like, at least a good 12/24 ½ hrs of the days.
          samples: closest thing rn

character name: I CAN'T DECIDE JUST YET.
          face claim: can i be so bold as to say can i figure this out when i come back from work?
          i usually pick face claim + name, but if you accept me, you can say you don't like my
          face claim as many times as you want and i won't mind.

i just wanna reserve the dancer very badly because i kinda love the
          idea of a male in a ballet class.

i'm just a little like ugh, i'm so old compared to these little babies, but
          i like this so much.

Sparkly Ladykiller

3am desires
accepted, dearie! i'm online most of the day, everyday. NO SHAME.
ah, your fc~ i've never seen her before! i like.

also, i just added the role in the the background check,
so which role were you thinking of taking? c:
viva el pluto
accepted! don't feel rushed on the faceclaim or name.
i understand those problems. i'm pretty indecisive when it comes to faceclaims. ><;

it's incredibly interesting to have a male dancer amongst the group!
the role is yours! just get back to me on the other info when you can. c:

so much nope

YAAAAAAS.

i'll be back in like, 10 hours.
          /corporate slave life

Benjamin William's Significant Otter

Dapper Kitten

xxcheck me out !
preferred name: anything that isn't too insulting, though most people tend to just go with biffle.
availability: usually at least an hour or two every day, sometimes varies with my shifts at work but i am on at least every other day for a good couple of hours at least.
samples: test thread woop

character name: kyrre fenn larke
role: vocalist
faceclaim: mary ellen skye

Sparkly Ladykiller

Bifflestick
hello there, biffle! that's an adorable nickname. you're accepted!
just fill out the reserve and post it up whenever you can. c:

Benjamin William's Significant Otter

Dapper Kitten

so much nope

thank you! x3
          i shall go and fill it out now.

Liberal Genius

so much nope

the musician! thank you for accepting me!!

when I get home I'll fill the detailed reserve out heart

Sparkly Ladykiller

@EVERYONE
if you know of any hq gfx shops, please let me know!

Tipsy Streaker

xxcheck me out !
preferred name: em, empath, vomiter, idek man
availability: basically every night and all day on the weekends. living the high school life, yo.
samples: boop

character name: idk right now... INDECISION
role: the actress~
faceclaim: i'm not completely set on a face atm, but i'm leaning towards shelley hennig, if she's all right!

Sparkly Ladykiller

empathetic vomiter
asdlfahsdf accepted! your samples are great. @ A @

hm. would you mind changing the faceclaim please don't hate me?
she just doesn't appear fit for the fifteen-eighteen age range. x.x
you can decide her name whenever one comes to you!

Tipsy Streaker

so much nope

yay! thanks!
sure, it's no problem :3
i totally understand, i tend to be fairly picky myself.
how would you feel about hailee steinfeld?
or maybe freya mavor or madison mclaughlin?
or isabelle fuhrman?
idk, lemme know if i'm getting warmer (or if you prefer one over the others)
once i decide on a face, then i like to pick a name~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces