Obsessive Bibliophile

10,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

мaттнew von нolт ;; ѕcar

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

вooĸworм cнιc:: xxxxx xxx wнere yoυ can ғιnd мe::The Spill Coffee house xxx мy preѕenт coмpany:: Dev and Rika

----------------------------
                                          ι wanт тo вe ιn тнe energy, noт wιтн тнe eneмy

Matt had noticed Iaeisha White running around like a chicken with her head cut off but he had made the decision not to comment on her weird behaviour because he honestly didn’t care enough to say anything. Flipping the page in his book, he loved the way the crisp pages felt running through his finger as he let it go. It still had that new book smell as he had gone to the store to actually buy this particular novel not wanting to wait until it came in to the used bookstore for him to snatch up. The print on the pages was a dark black, and the pages were clean as white linens that had been freshly bleached. The whole experience of having a book in his hand to look through was something Matt thoroughly enjoyed. He was a bit of a bibliophile that way. Always had his nose in a book wandering in some far off place where he didn’t have to deal with the rest of the world. He honestly didn’t really like the rest of the world, sure he had friends, and those friends made an excellent shield against the real world. He had his best friend Jamie, and of course his portable mouth Erika. He called Rika that because she spent so much time speaking for him because he hated to talk. Granted she over did it sometimes but she’d learn to read his facial expressions to know when she’d crossed a line, and she was usually pretty good about back peddling. Actually they all were if there was one thing he could count on it was that unlike the Disney Club the villains had never hurt him. It sometimes made him wonder if they were really the bad guys, or just the misunderstood.

Sighing he marked his book with his bookmark and picked up his coffee, he’d spent enough time reading for pleasure he needed to switch back in to study mode after his break. Picking up his Ancient History text book he cracked it open and started reading about the Ancient Greeks, not that he needed to he’d been fascinated in Greek mythology for a small period in the fifth grade and he knew most of this stuff already. Taking out his high lighter he slowly began high lighting the important definitions he could almost guarantee his bat s**t crazy, in a good quirky way, history teacher was going to put on the test. Grabbing his black, with one sugar coffee up off the table next to him he sipped it quietly, pausing mid-sip when someone approached his table. Lifting his yellow-ish hazel eyes up to look at the female in front of him he swallowed what he had drank and set his coffee back down. If Dev was here he was certain more people were going to follow. Listening to her talk in absolute silence, which was common for him. Matt only talked when he absolutely needed to his eyes widened a fraction when she said something about a date and he began shaking his head, his pokerstraight, thanks to his hair straightener, black as night hair shifting slightly with the motion. But clearly Dev was paying no attention to him. She continued on about Steve giving him dating advice and Matthew gave a soft little snort, sort of like and as if. He knew better than to listen to Steve about anything. Plus Steve liked girls, and Matt, well even though he never talked about it, he definitely did not. In fact he was pretty sure if he ever saw a v****a he would probably faint.

Following Dev’s gaze up to Iaeisha again he shrugged his shoulders slightly, swallowing hard in order to find his voice he parted his lips and spoke softly, his voice was very quiet and very gentle you had to be paying attention of you’d miss it. “No idea. She’s been doing that all morning, and I’m not here on a date. Studying, school library’s locked. Don’t have keys.” It was incredibly true that Matt hated crowds but sometimes he’d rather face a crowd, than try and be at home. Especially when his Dad had gone on another bender the night before. Which he had, and Matt of course had the bruises to prove it which was why he was wearing jeans and a black hoodie when it was perfectly nice outside. His ribs ached every time he took too deep of a breath, and his arms stung and itched from the healing scabs where the razor blades he used to cope with the hell he was living in marred his skin. He’d made a few fresh ones the night before and they were particularly stingy and itchy at that moment. He was thankful he was inside because at least it was air conditioned. He’d probably be sweating to death if he was outside for too long and then his arms really would be itchier and stingier and he didn’t want that.

Glancing up when another female body joined him at the table, he gave a silent little sigh, obviously he was not going to be studying like he thought. Closing his text book he carefully slid it back into his over the shoulder bag. Setting his highlighter back in its specific little pen pocket and sealing the bag back up carefully making sure the weight was evenly distributed and it was put together nicely. Lifting a hand to wave at Erika to at least acknowledge the girls presence so she didn’t think he was being an absolute d**k. Though they all kind of new better, even if he didn’t say it he probably knew you were there. Shrugging a bit once more when Erika asked about what Iaeisha was doing, he noticed she now had another body over there to help her. Rolling his eyes as the girls started talking to each other, he looked down at his phone realizing he had a text from Jamie.

Opening up the message he read it over quietly and then clicked reply on his smart phone.

To: Jamie
                                          Also, I don’t drink
                                          So I would have been boring
                                          I have my coffee I kind of want one more though
                                          But a cigarette sounds nice
                                          Dev & Rika are here, gossiping
                                          Help?

Sticking the phone back in his hoodie pocket once the message was sent he looked back at the girls, and then started tracing his finger on the coffee table like he was drawing something with it because he obviously had very little to contribute to the conversation the girls were having. It was starting to feel stuffy inside and it was making him uncomfortable. Maybe he should go outside and have a smoke, he was becoming hyper aware of the amount of people inside the Spill and the number of people showing up. He’d wait until Jamie got here and then he’d go have a smoke with him.

a place ғor мy нead
                                          ----------------------------

User Image

Out Of Chopin::xxxxxxxx

Obsessive Bibliophile

10,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ιαєιѕнα ∂єѕтιиу ωнιтє :: тιαиα

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

User Image

User Image
                                                        ρєяfє¢т συтfιт:: xxxxx xxx ℓσ¢αтισи ιѕ кєу:: The Spill xxx ιи му ρяєѕєи¢є:: Illy

ℓισиѕ мαкє уσυ вяανє

The Spill was starting to get crowded because the Disney club had booked off the back part of the coffee house, for free, as a little meeting space to work on project stop rich peoples’ idea of progress, or project save the Day Care Center, depending on who you were talking to. Iaeisha’s stiletto heels clicked and clacked over the hard wood floor as she paced back and forth trying to decide where best to put her easel with the wide white paper note pad, which looked like it belonged to a giant. She wanted to be able to make notes of the idea that they came up with in a way everyone could see them. Or have someone else do the writing because she had her laptop set up in the far corner so she could take meeting minutes because that kind of thing was important. She had a large Bristol board poster set up that she’d designed over in the corner. It was for the Gala to give everyone an idea of what she thought the posters should look like. She’d worked really hard on the stupid thing she just hoped everyone else liked it. Looking down at her phone not seeing any new texts the female started chewing on her full lower lip in nervousness. What if no one showed up? What if this entire meeting turned out to be a total gong show? Maybe she should just cancel and do it all herself? No, she couldn’t do that Illy would kill her and so would the other Founder’s this mattered too. But it felt so disorganized and so disjointed. Dammit this was frustrating.

Picking up her forth vanilla caramel latte Iaeisha finished it off and set the venti sized cup down, her hands surprisingly steady for someone who had barely eaten, and then drank that much caffeine in a very short period of time. Crossing her arms over her chest she cocked out a hip, having no idea she was at this point being watched and photographed by Dev because of how harried she was acting and the fact that it was drawing attention. Staring at the wall, almost seeming to space out, when really she was anything but spaced because her mind was going a million miles a minute. Tapping her nails on her thigh she finally nodded her head and set the easel where she wanted it, in the perfect center point so everyone could see it clearly from all angels of the little meeting section. Lining up each of the markers top to end she took a step back and nodded her head smartly. Okay that part was done and it didn’t look terrible. Now to put up her charts. Flipping open her tri sides Bristol board that was basically a kind of game plan showing what the city was intending to do with the old block where the Day Care Center was she positioned it in its opened position on one of the tables tilting her head impatiently tapping one heeled foot because she wasn’t sure she liked the way it looked. “********, I can’t tell what looks bad or not, or if everything is perfect. Why the hell am I doing this by myself anyways?” It was obvious she was stressed because she had resumed pacing, and now she was talking to herself.

Spinning around when she heard a familiar voice her eyes immediately brightened at the sight of Ilyeona, knowing her best friend would be able to tell her if things were out of whack. “Illy! Oh my God thank you lord you finally showed up. I can’t decide where anything goes it all looks wonky and out of whack and it’s stressing me right out.” Puffing up her cheeks almost being slightly dramatic, because she was flustered and frazzled, slowly letting out a breath and smiling at her friend. “But now you’re here and you can tell me with you equally as marvelous and artistic eye whether anything is lopsided because I know you’re not going to over think it like I am. Did that sound insulting? Sorry if it did I just meant…never mind you know what I meant.” Iaeisha was talking fast even for her, the evidence she had way too much caffeine in her system starting to show. Spinning around on her heels she stared back at the boards. “So I put the easel-y thing there so that someone can write out the possible suggestions for fundraiser ideas there. Then I have the tri-sided board with all the s**t the city council is doing for “progress” bastards.” When Iaeisha said progress she definitely used air quotations because it was obvious she didn’t agree with the situation. She had gone to every town council meeting about the new building project, and spoke at several of them with the help of the Founders who had said up this little project against building another mall. But money had talked so now it was up to them to figure out how to make enough money between them to talk louder.

“I was also thinking we should totally do up a petition and have it at every event, and even maybe have some people take it door to door so we can take that to the Council. Because if there’s a petition presented they have to delay the tear down, and reconsider everything and bring it back before the town. We should do everything we can to delay this to give us more time to come up with the money. Because as long as they can’t get the funding or the say so they can’t touch our Day Care Centre or those poor people’s homes.” Tilting her head hoping Illy liked her ideas she kept staring at the wall thinking of where she wanted to put everything “I’m thinking about hanging the gala poster I made there. I printed off info notes for everyone who could possibly come to the meeting about the Gala. I got confirmation from the Elmhurst Lodge we can host it there, so we get the ball room, full catering. The works. They’re supplying everything, and I talked to the owner, he’s going to donate it instead of making us pay so we could probably drop the ticket prices just a bit to make it more accessible to people and give us more potential donors. I also made a thermometer thingy to show where we are and how much cash we need to raise, and it’s a lot….” Iaeisha trailed off, and this time actually did space out thinking back to the Day Care Centre, thinking about her friends, and the people on the block who might be losing everything because they could barely make ends meet because of the current economy. Her eyes stung a bit with tears and she blinked them back exhaling a bit and composing herself forcing a smile and glancing at Illy knowing she’d understand. “We can do this right? I’m not totally out of my mind?”

Iaeisha hated to admit it but she was really scared they weren’t going to make it. That they were going to try so hard for nothing. It was terrifying, but they had to do this, they couldn’t just let it go. If this happened and they did nothing to stop it, well they were no better than the rich people starting all this in the first place. Pulling out her phone she looked at it quietly, tapping her contacts and sliding down to Demi’s name selecting it and typing a hurried text before Illy could see it.

To: Demi
                                                        Message: Are you doing anything later?

Once the message was off she slid her phone back in her pocket and took a deep breath “Okay, let’s do this.”

gιαитѕ gινє уσυ fαιтн

User Image

Out Of Cookies::xxxxxxxx

User Image

Fuck! What time was it?

Groaning, Stephan rolled from his back on to his left side. His cheek rested on a fresh puddle of drool, or was that vomit? Hell did he care at that point. He simply wished to sleep off his headache. Not only was he drunk off his a** last night, but he had sobered up enough around five this morning to find himself in his bed, alone for that matter. A low cost to him, still it would've been nice to have some company. How could his plan not have worked? Sophie, a sweetheart, was all too easy. One drink in her and she was long gone. Her protector, Devyn was completely gullible and giddy halfway through the party, he would've had no difficulty getting either one to bed. Rika on the other hand took a bit of extra coaxing. Yet, here he was. Alone and miserably disappointed. He had a funny feeling Nizar spoiled his slumber party plans. Nizar was too much of a gentleman, in Steve's eye. Course, he had some tricks up his sleeve as well. Nizar could intake a breath and girls came flying at him like the ones in those Axe commercials. Impressive, yes. Annoying, indefinitely. Oh, if his pal turned the tables on Stephan and banged one of the girls, he and Steve were gonna have a long talk. Some would argue that Steven was a tad possessive or more or less selfish with most women. He was, that is certain. His excuse is that he doesn't really know who he could see himself with so until he figured it out, sharing was out of the question. Not that he had to point that out to anyone.

His ear twitched at the sound of the doorknob turning. Could his assumptions been wrong after all? Keeping his cool, Steven laid there, fighting the smirk toying with his mouth. He didn't want to spoil a possible surprise attack from the lips of one of the ladies or whatever they had in mind. Anything sounded good this morning. Perhaps help put his mind at ease. He needed something other than this pounding in his head. As the person in his room neared the bed, Steve had an inkling that this was in no way Rika or Devyn. No, they're the kind of girls who usually making some kind of noise. Can't go long without bringing some attention to themselves. So if this wasn't them, who was it? The half-asleep male slowly peeked an eye open and rolled over, hugging the pillow. Curses! He would wake up to Nizar. To humor his friend, Steven kept quiet, left his mouth hanging open and snored obnoxiously. Completely unaware that he was about to become the butt of a joke between friends.

Suddenly, Nizar started to shake which only aggravated Stephan. "Ugh, dude quit it!" Stephan whined, smacking his pal's hands away. Leave it to him to ruin a perfectly exhausting morning. So much for sleeping in. Pushing himself upward, Stephan yawned, rolling his eyes about the little Spanish number waiting on them. "Oh no, can't keep her majesty waiting or it's off with our heads, right?" he chuckled, ruffling his hair. "Hey, I do not!" Stephan disagreed about the stale booze comment. Taking a whiff of his white tee shirt, his nose cringed. Fine, he'd wash up. As Stephan climbed out of bed, he could not help noticing the jeans Nizar was sporting. Hey, wait a second. "Those my pants?" Stephan raised a brow, shaking his head as his friend left. Of course, he would take the one good pair of jeans he had.

After a good twenty minute shower, Stephan came into the kitchen, drying his damp hair with a towel. He chuckled at the other male's greeting then threw the towel at him. "Yeah, next time try getting a shot of my good side," he replied, referring to that damn picture his best friend sent out to the others. "Dev's probably ruined me all over that damn Twitter! Not to mention her stupid Vlog, not thanks to you," Stephan complained, jabbing his fork into the eggs. "So, I assume the girls kicked us out last night? I wasn't that smashed. I mean, I didn't like try to do anything this time, right?" he asked, needing some refresher as to what went on last night after every thing got heavy. The last thing he recalled was Devyn yelling at him in her crazy Spanish bitchiness before shutting her door in his face. "Nevermind, don't tell me. She'll just remind me when we head over there," he said, nearly massacring his omelet. He couldn't help it. He was starving! Swallowing his mouthful, Stephan wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before picking up the glass of whatever that stuff was. "You know.." he said before taking a big gulp. Hm, this drink was pretty good. "..call me delusional, but I swear I caught Erika kissing you before she left. You seein' her?" Stephan asked, almost threatening Nizar as he continued eating.

"Not that I care. Just thought it was...interesting.." he said, giving his friend on of those 'I'm on to you' stare downs as he shoveled in one last helping of his omelet before heading over to the sink. He was not going to admit that if his imagination wasn't toying with him and Rika was seeing his best friend with him knowing it, then his nightly engagements with her were meaningless. Yeah, he was kind of developing a bit of an attachment to her. He promised her that he wouldn't, but that wasn't the case now. Stephan rinsed off the plate and the utensils before putting it all in the dishwasher. He hadn't planned on helping Nizar with the kitchen, but considering the time limit they had before the others would be ragging on them for being late, Steve went to work. It wasn't long after the food was put away and the dishes were done that the two were walking down to Nizar's car. "At least we won't be blowing dough on overpriced coffee, hopefully anyway.." he laughed, climbing into the passenger seat once they got to the car.

Spill was luckily not too far away from Stephan's house, but boy was the parking lot jammed pack. What? Was their a coffee tax happening some time soon or something? "Of all the places to be dragged to, I'm starting to think J-man had the right idea to stay away," Stephan said as they headed up towards the building. Stephan started to enter the building when a certain bright-eyed brunette caught his attention. He's seen this kid before many times around the coffeehouse and a couple other places. He didn't understand why, but the guy just bugged him in the worst way. Why was it always the quiet ones that got him all riled up? Glancing at Nizar, Stephan had the urge to taunt Marcus for a little while when he hear a loud thump on the glass window nearby. Devyn was giving him that famous face of pure b***h. Oh? Defending the boy, are we? That's how it was going to be today, yeah right. "Save me a seat. I'll be there in a minute. " he nodded at Nizar then quietly snuck behind Marcus' table, whistling for the male's attention. "Bonjour, pretty boy. Mind if I join you?" he asked, pulling up the empty chair across from Marcus. "Where's your friends? Been dying to get a couple fights in before nightfall." Stephan wasn't kidding either. He wanted to hit something. He wouldn't dare leave a mark on this kid. Why that was, he didn't know. He just knew he needed to get this sudden unhealthy urge over and done with. [

Quote:
                                                ooc: God help me this is awful D;
                                                company: marcus
                                                attire: tba;

Omnipresent Cultist

User Image

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. TOCK. Time droned on, seemingly dragging its proverbial heels as Andy waited for sweet release. He had listened to the conversation the officer had completed with Iz, struggling to keep back his laughter at the other male's reactions. He knew Iz, knew that she would give the officer a hard time. As much as he enjoyed listening to Grabby huff and puff, the idea of sitting in the cell the rest of the deal lacked appeal, even if his best friend ended up locked in beside him. "You know, you could have told her my soaps were done, to speed her up. She knows how cranky I get when I have to listen to the news." Andy's nose wrinkled as his face twisted into an expression of disgust. The news offered nothing of interest to him. World drama, war, financial blah blah blah, none of that mattered to him. Why focus on all of that political crap when he could be out boarding? It's not like he needed to worry about the world at his age.

"Ok, can we at least turn this off? Maybe put on some cartoons or hell, I'll take the QVC. I'm sure there are some figurines I could buy to make my collection complete. But really, I'm going to go mad if you don't change the channel. Or worse, I might attempt to make a noose out of my shoelaces. I'll even be quiet if you change it, and I know that's the most tempting offer you've heard all day." Officer Grab hands smiled then, though it seemed more out of malice than happiness. Oh he was enjoying the misery and knew that Andy wouldn't risk his freedom by doing too much in retaliation. A groan reverberated within his throat as he squished his face against the bars. Another groan joined his as the drunk shifted in his sleep, mumbled, and settled back into his sleep. It must be nice. I prefer hot, shitty beer to the news. At least it could still get me drunk.

The sounds of moment perked Andy's hopes. His eyes slid towards the entrance, waiting to see the upset to the current balance. Two familiar faces appeared before the holding cell. A camera, which seemed focused on him, hovered near one of those faces as the other offered commentary. Andy rolled his eyes at the mention of his full name. "Come on Iz. With the name? I don't go around calling you miss Isabelle Crawford. You know how much I hate it." His hand reached through the bars, pawing at his friend. "Come on, release the animals. Everyone knows that we just want to be free, but all you humans do is gawk at us and take your pictures before going home." Andy grinned at the two outside of the cell before swiping at them again with his hand. "Iz, you wound me. I'm completely innocent here. But, on a completely unrelated note, did you know that it is frowned upon to tell an officer that your name is Mike Hunt when asked for identification? It is also not ok for you to laugh about it and casually slap them on the back over the joke." The grin grew wider as he attempted to put on his best innocent face. "And apparently "loitering" is a thing. Officer Grabby Hands over there didn't believe that I was scoping out locations for a movie. I was going to tell him it was porn, but I thought maybe that might get me in trouble."

A strange cross between a gurgle and a cough stemmed from the drunk, eliciting a bit of worry from Andy. Vomit could be funny, but the chance stood that some might find its way on him. "Alright. Everyone's had their fun, but it's time to let Andy out of his cage, yeah? You paid the money, right Iz? So he has to let me out?" Andy gestured towards the officer who reluctantly pushed himself from his desk and made his way to the cell.

"Pierce, refrain from coming back here for as long as possible because if it were up to me, and your father wasn't who he was, I'd send you off to prison rather than letting you sit in this cell."

Andy offered a mock salute, his lips quivering to keep his grin under wraps before scooting his companions out of the station, though he paused only long enough to wink in Martha's direction on the way out. Once immersed in the freedom that came in bright sunlight, bright greenery, and hot asphalt, Andy let out a laugh. "Sooooooooooooooooooooo, now that I'm free, what sort of shenanigans should we get up to? Or did you two already have plans?" A tingle of jealousy slid through the usually jovial male. He enjoyed Raz's company and liked the fellow pretty well, but Tink was his best friend. Was this some sort of punishment for getting locked up without her, or worse, did she actually like Raz. Not that he's not a good guy. Or that I care. Because I don't care. Iz can date or not date whoever she likes. Well except for Princess. If that ever happened again, I'd have to lock her up. His gaze shifted between the two, trying to discern if any feelings existed between the two before he forced himself to stop.

The infamous grin returned to Andy's lips as he put himself between his two friends, clasping his arms around their shoulders before pushing forward. Removing his arms, he positioned himself in front of them, turning his back to the parking lot. "But really, I feel like doing something fun. I've been cramped up for too long. I need something that doesn't have me sitting down in a chair somewhere, you know?" He bristled with energy. To keep from bursting, he shuffled from foot to foot as he looked over his two companions. Andy didn't do well with staying still for too long, especially after restraining himself verbally with the officer. He just needed to do something soon.

Location: Police parking lot // Company: Raz & Iz // OOC: I'll fix his layout soon

Beloved Genius

9,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
            xxxxxxxxTHE LITTLE MERMAIDxxxxPRINCESS ARIEL
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxтнє ιмρυℓѕινє ιηgєηυє

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

»»» єνιαη мαяιαн ωнιттαкєя

Tiny slivers of light trickled in from her white curtains, revealing some of the girl's bedroom. It was covered in everything that had to do with fairies, mermaids and stuffed animals. Facedown on her bed was Evian Whittaker, also known as "Whitty" by friends. Tightly she clutched her cellphone, while keeping arm outstretched. She didn't want to look at the screen, ut she couldn't part with the device. Underneath the locked screen, was an unfinished text message to her boyfriend. It was a rantastic message, she was sure would make her sound like a deranged psychopath. She didn't want to burden her boyfriend with her problems. If he decided to text and ask how her day was, she'd most likely lie and say "fine". If he asked her about her night, it technically wouldn't be a lie.

The beginning of her night was alright. She spent it recording another youtube cover. This time she sang, "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato, but before she was invited to kill time at a bar. Of course there were risks. Whitty was under-aged and her boyfriend was a cop. If he caught her, then there was no telling how disappointed he'd be. She didn't think it was because of the whole, "Anyone under twenty-one shouldn't be drinking" thing, but more so, because he would have to arrest his own girlfriend. According to her parents, something like that would make him dump her in a heartbeat. Then again, her parents also told her that if she didn't watch her eating habits, gaining too much weight would make him dump her as well. Whitty was sure her parents assumed that Pedro was looking for an excuse to get rid of her, not that they would care. Even with these fears, she got dressed, found her fake ID and headed out to the bar. Even though the guy who made her ID was noted as being "legit", she always felt so self-conscious whenever she was stopped at the door to see it or when the waitress had to re-examine it. Once again she passed and she sighed in relief when she was able to sit down by the other girl.

Whitty wasn't one for beer and often pulled ridiculous faces whenever she had to taste it. Fortunately she brought enough money for two Liquid Marijuanas, and some stranger bought her a Grateful Dead. She wasn't sure when her judgement slipped. Looking back on it, Whitty supposed she didn't eat enough to keep the alcohol from immediately rushing into her blood stream. She didn't know how it fully worked. All she knew was that her buzz, transformed into a typsy high before she was drunk off her a**. Iz and Andy were always fun drink with, although she was curious about the sort of thing that Erika was doing. She tried sending texts to the girls, but she was sure they didn't make an ounce of sense. She texted the girl things like:

toxxRika xoxo
                      OMGGGGGGGGGxx10:30pm

You know what's awesm? vodka gummiesxx10:45pm

Uhoh but what if the gummies
                      were those sugar free ones?
                      DEAAAATH
                      xx11:40pm

Drunken texts are always embarrassing the next day. Whitty wasn't the type to get hungover. No matter how drunk she had been, she never felt sick the next day. The only thing she regretted were her actions. Twenty-five percent of the belongings in her room were the result of her Kleptomania brought about by intoxication. Last night she stole a shot glass as well as some person's lighter. She originally wanted to return the lighter but it had the picture of a "fish" on the side, and she felt compelled to keep it. She already had seven other nifty looking lighters (not that she smoked), but she liked the designs.

Her cellphone chimed, so she shifted her hand to see who was contacting her. Her phone was labeled "Izzness" which meant Isabelle Crawford. She was asking how the Irish Flu was treating her as well as how the "nazis" took it. Whitty knew who Isabelle meant when said "Nazi". Her parents were unbarebly strict and disapproved of everything she did. It was mostly her mother, because her dad was often away. When she came tip-toeing in the house last night, her mom of course stayed up waiting for her. She immediately started asking a million questions at once. She even went as far as to ask if she was out with Pedro. Only she didn't call him Pedro. She either said, "That boy" or "That cop". Whitty's memory was a bit of a blur, so it was hard to be sure. All she knew was that whatever her mom said made her so angry that they broke out into some kind of argument before she stormed off to her room. There were days when she wished her parents would just kick her out, but they never did. They always said they didn't believe that Whitty was "ready" for the real world.

She quickly thumbed out a text and sent it.

toxxIzzness
                      No hangover but omg...my mother
                      I swear...she makes me want to break things
                      how's life on your end? How's Andy? Would
                      you believe it? I don't have his number anymore.

She still hadn't sent her text to Pedro. She wasnt sure what to write that didn't include a crying face. She buried her face once more in her pillow and groaned as she tried to think of what she should do. Finally she thumbed out a quick generic text message.

toxxBoyfriend <3
                      I love youuuuuuuu
                      <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
                      <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

It sucked. She sucked. Why couldn't she ever talk to him without coming off as a goof? A loud, yet muffled groan sounded from her pillow as she buried her face even further into it. She heard a knock on her bedroom door, shortly later it opened and she heard her younger sister say, "Mom wants you to run an errand for her." A part of Whitty wanted to yell she didn't want to, but instead she huffed and hopped off her bed. Her sister closed the door, leaving her with the privacy she needed. Showering would probably be best. It wasn't like Whitty smelled really bad, but she preferred to be ultimately fresh in case she happened to run into Pedro while she was out. She wondered what he was doing. Then again, Whitty often wondered what Pedro was doing. Half the time she wanted to pose as a criminal just to get his attention. 'That's...a little weird,' she soon determined. Where was Erika when she needed her?! She dug through her clothes trying to find the perfect outfit to wear, all the while, stepping in front of her mirror to inspect the hanger hung fabric in front of her frame.

Her eyes locked on her lack of thigh gap. "When I said I wanted to be a mermaid...this is not what I meant," she grimaced.

After retrieving the list of errands from her mother, she left her house and started walking down the sidewalk. Unfortunately Whitty didn't have a car and after last night's ordeal, her mother refused to let her bother hers. What Whitty wouldn't give to just move out and leave this town. It was hard to believe that there was an entire world outside of this shithole. She tugged out her cellphone and started looking at her event reminders, and it hit her, she completely missed Illy's beginner yoga class. Whitty wasn't much of a beginner, but after taking a break from it, she fell out of practice. By now the class was already over. Ok, so perhaps that was an issue about staying up drinking; she was prone to sleeping in. While her phone was out, she was tempted to text a few of her contacts, but didn't know if she should. A lot of the people she had in her phone were either old cast mates or customers from the icecream shop she worked at. There was always Alice, but their relationship was still in the fresh stages. She wouldn't be surprised if the other girl thought Whitty's self-conscious issues were a little over-bearing. Alice was the first person Whitty had opening admitted that there were days she wished could pick up a razor and slice the fat from her body. Maybe she would hold off from texting Alice for now? Instead she decided to just post a message on facebook.

User Image
                                        Evian Whitty
                                        just a few seconds ago

What's everyone up to? I feel so out of the loop!
                                        sad feeling left out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Location: Sidewalk • Attire: clickersCompany: No one • OoC: Introness. Tryna jump in

User Image

Beloved Genius

9,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Dr. Facilier

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image
Demitri Alexei Fauster
тнє ∂єαℓєя

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

There are deals you should never make in a dark alleyway. There are people you shouldn't be quick to trust. Demitri always loved a good card game. He loved the thrill of chance. There was an old run down apartment in the basement of a building that could only be accessed by going down an alley. After a few beers, a gentleman (although he was hardly one) invited Demitri back to his apartment. This apartment. The interior was rather shabby as expected. The furniture appeared to be several decades old. From the fabric, he would have dated the chairs to either the sixties or the seventies. The floors were stained with bodily fluids. He wanted to assume the gentleman had a pet of some sort, although he did not hear one scurrying around. "Weed fairy"; Demitri couldn't fight the urge to roll his eyes when he was called the "weed fairy". "I hear...I hear what you have is the good stuff..." the male stammered.

"True. I do research my merchandise," he answered.

"I don't have much," the guy began, as most of his customers do. Demitri had heard all of the stories. My morgage is due, I'm in between checks, can I have half the product for half the price? It was a pity that someone would even waste his time if they didn't have the money. A breath broke from his lips as he listed to the man stammer off his excuses and search around for the money he "apparently" misplaced. Demitri was sure he was going to attempt to rob him, it wouldn't have been the first time. Finally the question of, "How much" came up. A grin tugged onto the corner of his lips before he stated, "Well, everything does come with a price." He didn't bother to look over at the panicked man. He already knew he didn't have the right amount. He should have expected as much when he was brought to the home. "There are but two ways we can go about this. One, you could pay me in full. No discounts. You supply my money, I supply your product. The other, is well, if you beat me in a game of chance."

"Go on"

"I don't suppose you have any paper cups do you?" The guy was quick to scurry off and retrieve all the items he was requested to. He had to find four paper cups, tape, as well as the longest nail he could locate. Carefully he taped the nail inside of one of the cups, so the tip was pointed towards the base. Then he flipped over the four cups, and mixed them up. "Each of us will crush a cup until none remains. Whoever crushes the nail has to give the other what they desire. You wish for my product, while I want your money. Hm, are you feeling lucky?"

It wasn't long until Demitri left the shabby apartment, he felt a little richer, and he customer had the weed that he requested. Although he was surprised the gentleman didn't ask for pain killers instead. The rusty nail lodged in his hand...looked rather dreadful.

He walked back onto the sidewalk and soon heard his cellphone chime within his pocket. He drew out the device and saw it was from Iaeisha. He supposed it was a typical thing for girls to try and constantly get in contact with the boys whose beds they occupied. It would be a lie to say she was the only woman he was with, but there was no need to dampen her spirits. So as he walked down the sidewalk he held onto his cellphone as he tried to think up the right way to reply. Did he want her to melt now or later? That was often the question wasn't it? It certainly was the question last night.

toxxButtercup
                                              Depends. Are you involved?

Short and straight to the point. He slipped his cellphone in his pocket and continued walking, scoping out his surroundings for potential customers or even the ones he already had. He was bored. Boredom never settled well with him, because it pushed him to do irrational things. He tugged out his cellphone once again and sent another text Iaeisha's way.

toxxButtercup
                                              What are you up to right now?

He could only assume that it was a lot more entertaining than what he was doing at the exact moment. Then again, she was a founder, so he supposed she with her friends attempting to do "whatever it took to save the daycare". He still found it amusing that they wanted to save that old place. How much money was it going to take to keep it open anyway? As humorous and pointless as the situation was, he still felt intrigued to know the "why". He wanted to know why people did pointless things. However a question like this couldn't be asked to the average person. It wasn't the sort of thing that could be easily answered. No, it was a question that needed to be discovered. Unfortunately he couldn't remember where her little meeting was going to be held. There were countless, popular restaurants in town they could have selected. He suspected "The Spill" but he loathed that place. He hated how crowded it often was. Suddenly another idea came to mind, what if they weren't in a public place, but went to the old day care center? Part of him was curious if Steve heard anything about whatever the "founders" were planning to save the old building.

toxxSteve
                                              Have fun at that little party last night?
                                              Sorry I couldn't attend. A little tied up. Out of curiosity,
                                              do you know where Nizar stands on the whole
                                              "Day Care" thing?

Demitri walked to the old day care center, the building was obviously neglected. He couldn't say he had fond memories of the place. That's when he spotted a girl standing outside of the building. She had porcelain skin and almond colored hair. Who was she? He couldn't be certain, which was a pity because he prided himself on remembering everything. As a child he often made it his goal to remember and learn as many things as he possibly could. Her features were familiar. He knew he knew her from somewhere. Perhaps he could discover her Disney identity. "It really is a shame, isn't it?" he asked as he walked closer to Cecile, while looking at the building. He stopped so they were standing arm's distance apart. She liked Lion King didn't she? Now that he was closer to her, he believed he remembered that much. He simply couldn't remember which installment. Personally he only bothered watching the first because it was inspired from Hamlet. Demitri was a firm believer that sequels to Disney movies were unnecessary.

"Do you honestly believe that it is possible to save this place? It's practically crumbling to the ground," he mused. He wondered if she knew who he was. After graduating high school, he left town, only coming back to visit on holidays. Then again, how many English kids were in their town? Even after moving to the states at a young age, it was difficult for him to lose his accent (although he believed he could do a fairly interesting American one). "I wonder what would happen if someone were to enter," he added as he looked towards the door before looking back at her. Chances were she wouldn't know that someone had the nerve to label him "Dr. Facilier". He didn't even know anyone came up with the nicknames, it wasn't like he personally identified with the witch doctor. However it was because of this new identity he found inspiration to find his own "friends on the other side". "Are you curious?" he chuckled as he peered back up at the building. "We could even supply pictures of the interior for the meeting," there was a meeting right? Either way, he supposed even he was a little curious if seeing the inside would make him feel nostalgic.

〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓

Location: Old Day Care spaceAttire: Coming Soon spaceCompany: Cecilie/Kiara
                      spacespacespace» » » » OoC: Not my best intro, and better layout coming soon

Edited

User Image

Devoted Informer

User Image
I refuse to be compared
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’m telling you the truth
If we’re talking about my value, I’m a
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBillion dollar baby

User Image
Queen of the jungle ✧ Nala

It was beginning to be such a strain to wake up on days she didn't have any classes. Most days she really did want to sleep all day. Maybe even sleep for days on end if she could. If only her parents would allow it. Even out of the city. Even in a different country like they were, they never were late to give her a call in the mornings they knew she didn't have her classes. Always 8 am sharp, her phone rattling against her bedside table, making her jolt up in her bed and blinding try to grab for the device. Muscle memory took over to unlock her iPhone and punch in the pass-code before pressing it to her ear, mass of phone charms jingling along as she moved. "Aahh...I'm up, I'm uuuppp...." Her words bubbled out in pure exhaustion. The sharp tongued korean spitting out at her from over the line went almost unnoticed as Holly made an effort to pull the comforter off of her and slip out of her bed. It was like a machine routine of everything that came next - get up, grab running clothes, go to the bathroom, brush teeth, go downstairs to grab a glass of milk and last nights take out leftovers, brush teeth again, change out of pjs into running clothes, go to the front door to grab running shoes. All the while still half asleep and listening to her mother squawk at her over the line. All holly could do as she kept the phone pressed to her ear was nod to herself and give the occasional responses when she was prompted. 'Mhm', 'Yes Yes', 'No it's alright,' and 'Yeah' were all she could get into the conversation as she left the house. "Ummaaa... I'm going now ok. Have Daddy call me tomorrow, ok? Love you, alright, bye." Holly yawned into the phone before her mother could get the chance to cut her off again. Shoving the phone into her sweats pocket, she took off down her driveway and down to the sidewalk. Nothing like a run to wake up the body and mind. An hour at least, two hours at most. Three or more if she was daring enough. Not this day. Just the usual hour for today would suffice. A quick lap through her neighborhood and through part of the town was all she managed before dragging herself back home. A shower was desperately needed then.

The next few hours were dedicated to her homework as her hair dried. Literature, Psychology, Sociology. Quick pen scratches along the pages among pages of homework, occasionally reaching over to turn the page in a book. 'If you want to be a teacher one day, you have to get top grades and never slack out on your homework.' is what her father would always say. But it wasn't like she needed the reminder. Holly enjoyed the work most of the time. She'd do anything to reach any goal she set out to do. It wasn't an impossible thing. Hell, even all throughout high school the sisters and instructors of the catholic school thought she had what it took to teach. It was only natural for a lioness to take on a natural lead........Oh god that cheesey thought even made Holly stop for a moment to snort a laugh. That was so lame! Unbelievably lame!

Maybe a break was in order at this point. If she was making dumbass joked like that, Holly definitely needed a breather. Besides, she could finish her homework in no time that night. Her parents and siblings weren't in the house. There wasnt anyone there to really dictate what she could and couldn't do with herself. "...I'm an adult anyways! Who cares...?" Pouting her pink lips, a quick hop off of her bed and back into the bathroom and Holly changed into her clothes for the day, making sure to curl the ends of her long hair and applying a light layer of makeup. Holly even took a quick look into the sheer backing of her shirt, pleased with seeing the claw mark tattoo on her lower back. She tossed her keys and phone into her backpack and pushed her favorite lion king themed earrings in as she hopped down the stairs. The same earrings her parents bought her when they took her to broadway almost ten years ago for her birthday. The memory of breaking down into tears in front of the theater still made her embarrassed to this day.

Leaving her house to take a small stroll back into town, She peered to her phone for the time. There was a small window before she had to be at the Coffee house. A quick bite at the diner seemed the most appeasing in the moment. It was about that time for lunch anyways. Hopefully Ileyona wouldn't be coming by for anything as was the original plan. But as she glanced over the time, she saw the two messages blinking at her from her inbox. Must have put the phone on silent while on her run. Speaking of the devil there was Illy's name blinking at her. Rounding the corner to the diner, the little woman typed up a quick response to the message.

To: Illy
                                      Don't worry about it! ♡ ♡
                                      I'm not home rn anyways
                                      I'm going out to eat right now and I'll be over in a few!

Holly nudged the door open with her heel to be greeted by a waitress passing by the door. She returned the greeting with a beaming smile and wave as she B-lined strait the the bar seats. "Hey, hey! Can I get a tomato soup?" She waved down the attention of another waitress before peaking back down to her phone to see Iz's message. An excited grin pulled at her lips as her nails clicked against the screen.

To: Iz
                                      Fashion Emergency?! I'm all for a shopping trip!
                                      We should arrange to see what we can do tomorrow!
                                      HMU when you hear from the others!

The arrival of her food as she sent the message was a blessing. She made sure to bow her head in thanks to the waitress as she walked away, leaving Holly to pick up her spoon and sip up at tomato soup hesitantly in a taste test. If she was quick about eating. She could probably make it to the coffee shop with a few minutes to spare. But, maybe taking her time to eat for now would be for the best. Things wouldn't be TOO dire if Holly wasn't there exactly on time for once.

╔═══════════════════╗
                                      Where: Diner
                                      Wearing: ✘✘
                                      With: No one
                                      OoC: Aahhh I hope
                                      this is ok enough
                                      (*ノ~ノ)
                                      ╚═══════════════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

People who know a thing or two
                                      They all know it so ask themxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      Grab anyone and ask them
                                      Who is the bestxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Obsessive Bibliophile

10,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image
User Image
carтer cooper :: ĸrιѕтoғғ

locaтιon::The Diner xxx coмpany:: Holly

» «
                                                          don'т нold мe down

Carter ran the wash cloth over his skin leaving a trail of old spice body wash suds in the place of the dirt that had just previously been there. He’d been up since five o’clock in the morning, like he always was, and he had sworn to himself he was just going to the site to go check on his crews and make sure the houses they were building in a new subdivision that was going up on the other side of their town were going up okay and there were no problems. Carter never just went and checked on things, he wasn’t very good at it actually. So of course when he showed up in his truck with Titan in tow, the three year old boxer happy as could be running around the new house sniffing everything, and thankfully not peeing on anything since he knew better than that. Walking around the inside of the house he’d looked over a few things when the head of this particular crew had told him two of the guys had called in sick. They were lifting the roof today, and they were two guys short. Carter had immediately gone out to his truck grabbed Titan’s chain and hooked him up so he wouldn’t get in the way of the crane, or have anything fall on him, and grabbed his air nailer and his tool belt. Carter climbed up onto the walls, wearing his work boots, and his hard hat because they of course were in his truck. His shirt had come off since he knew it was going to get hot and it was a nice day anyways. Once the roof came up and was set down he started moving along the wood work nailing everything down. Walking around up on the roof despite the height never freaked Carter out. He loved being up here and more than that he loved the work. Even though they were two guys short, they had still managed to get the roof up and done in half the time they had expected.

So here he was washing off the dirt from his little side turn to his day, one that he had obviously been waiting for because he’d brought all his things to the site. Carter liked to work, and that was why as part of the silent auction for the Gala, Iaeisha had approached him and asked if he’d be willing to auction off the building of a deck, and some other small odd jobs that most people would hire him to do normally. Carter had said yes because he had enough cash kicking around to pay his guys for the work and not worry about going bankrupt. Getting out of the shower he tied a towel around his waist and looked down at the soft furry thing that was laying on the bathroom floor that was not his bath mat. “Ty, how the hell did you get the bathroom door open?” Carter didn’t lock his bathroom door because it was a) attached to his bedroom and b) the only people that lived here were his brother Rhys when he came home from Medical school and his Grandma who had her own tiny apartment in the basement. She never came up here and she sure as hell wouldn’t just go randomly opening Carter’s bathroom door.

Gently nudging his hundred and some odd pound dog out of the way he grabbed his deodorant and rolled it on combing his hair and putting a bit of mousse in it just to keep his bangs up and off his face. “C’mon meathead.” He wandered out to the bedroom and got dressed in his usual jeans, undershirt, and plaid shirt of some kind. Sticking his wallet and his truck keys in his jean pockets he glanced at the bed and his dog who was rolling all over it, making it look like Carter hadn’t actually made it that morning. “Really? Why do you need to roll all over every inch of my bed? Come on let’s go for a car ride.”

Heading outside Carter climbed up into his truck, a great big Ford F350 series with an extended cab and box, the thing was a beast on gas and massive in general, but it worked for him because no matter how muddy the worksite, or how bad it snowed, Carter could get anywhere in this thing. Titan had hopped in before him and was sitting in the passenger’s seat next to his owner. Looking over at the boxer Carter chuckled a bit and rubbed the dog’s big head “Buddy, what are you going to do if I ever get a boyfriend huh? He’s not sitting in the back so you can have that seat. Just saying.” Pulling out of his big drive way he turned around using the lawn, making sure not to hit his Gran’s flower bed as he headed down to the main road leading in to town. Carter had built his house on a fifty acre property outside of town. He hadn’t decided what he wanted to do with the rest of the fifty acres but he did have a small barn with a couple of horses that some of the local girls used to house their own animals. Instead of paying Carter for food and rent he just made sure they went and looked after all the animals every day and that was their way of paying him back. So far it worked, so he wasn’t going to complain.

Carter was starving so when he drove in to town the first place he went after checking the time to make sure he wasn’t going to be late for the meeting about the fundraiser’s for the daycare, was what most people would have called the local diner. There were lots of places to eat in town, but this particular place was a true blue been there for as long as anyone could remember, passed down through the family for the last fifty years type of diner. It had out lasted many of the local restaurants over the years and Carter was certain it was going to be there forever. Climbing out he held the door open for Titan and let him get out too. The owners of the place honestly didn’t care if Titan came in with him or not, in fact they had doggy treats behind the counter for the big mutt, and most of the waitresses loved him. If Carter had been straight he was pretty certain he’d have gotten married a long time ago, if only because women loved his dog. Well actually most people loved his dog, anything that was locally owned, Titan typically had a spot in, because at one time or another Carter probably did a favor for the owner’s whether it be fixing a leaky roof, mending a broken fence, or something along those lines, and if it was a small job he probably didn’t ask for money. If it was a big job and involved a crew he probably quoted the person just enough to pay his guys and buy the supplies and took nothing for himself. Carter had other ways of making money, he had developers that paid him, actual companies, he didn’t need to be taking it out of the local people’s pockets.

Wandering inside with his dog he sat down on a barstool next to a familiar female, and patted the stool next to him watching as Titan jumped up and sat down on it like a real person. In fact Carter was pretty sure his dog thought he was a human. Glancing over at the girl beside him he smiled a bit “Hey Holly what’s up? Also good to know I’m not the only one of us who didn’t immediately rush down to the Spill. I was at work this morning and I’m hungry and honestly coffee house sandwiches… do not appeal to me nor my stomach.” Titan made a peculiar Chewbacca-esq sounding noise in agreement and Carter lifted his eyebrow and chuckled. “Apparently Titan doesn’t like the organic vegetable dog biscuits they give him either.” Looking up when the waitress behind the counter waddled over, waddled because she was eight months pregnant and looked like she was about to pop any day now. “Hey Sue. You look radiant and glowing as always. How’s Junior?” Carter flashed the female in front of him a charming smile, which of course made Sue smile back at him. “Junior has been kicking up a storm and sitting on my bladder all darn day unfortunately Carter. Be thankful you won’t ever have to do this let me tell you. So what can I get for you honey?” “Can I get the cheddar and bacon burger on a pretzel bun, mayo on the side, sweet potato fries with the Cajun Aioli, French onion soup and a Caesar salad to start? Oh I’ll have a chocolate banana milkshake to drink and can you do me a favor and see if Frank will cook up a partial steak, no spices or anything weird on it for meat head?” “Sure thing honey I’ll get that going for you right now. As for you big boy how about a treat while you wait for your steak huh?” Sue reached under the counter and brought up a treat for Titan which he happily took very gently from her hand. “You’re such a good boy Titan yes you are such a gentle puppy.” When she was done gushing over the dog Carter shook his head with a chuckle and then glanced over at Holly “So, haven’t seen you around recently how are you?”

ι тнιnĸ мy вraceѕ are вreaĸιng, and ιт'ѕ мore тнan ι can тaĸe
                                                          » «

User Image

Out Of Cactus ::xxxxxxxx

User Image

YOUCANFLYDevyn JamesYOUCANFLY
                                                                                                KISS Wend ʏ Darli ng
                                                                                                LOSTGIRLFOREVER IS AN AWFULLY LONG TIME

Smirking at the dark-haired boy, Devyn was impressed that he even uttered a response. She was used to his mime games by now. When he spoke, she considered herself lucky that she had even caught it. It did surprise her at just how low his voice was. Tilting her head, Devyn snickered "Yeah? Interesting." Very interesting indeed. Something was going on here and she was determined to get to the bottom of whatever all of that was. Crossing her arms, her curious brown eyes averted away from Iaeisha resting on Matt as he corrected her. So, he's not on a date. Just looking for an outlet. Well, he sure knows how to pick 'em, don't he? "Matty, this isn't exactly a study hall. Besides, why are you studying in front of company? That's rude," she said, holding out her hand. "Surrender the books and help me figure out what she's up to," Devyn said, trying not to come off like his boss, but hey, they had work to do. Matt is a perfect candidate to spy. Nobody suspects the quiet ones which worked in her favor. Sure, Devyn could be in over her head about the Bristol board and what were those? Charts? What were they for? Ugh, the suspense was beginning to drive her crazy. She immediately dismissed taking Matt's books away and returned to her phone, unaware she had a few replies waiting on her.

Whoops.

Nizar was the first to return a response. Small price, my a**! she scorned at his remark about her previous headache. That boy hardly ever got ill from drinking. He's probably say the same thing about child birth for all she knew. Men. They sure think they are somethin'. His picture of Steve managed to get a giggle out of her. Oh, there's a sight she never thought [but hoped] she would see. How did girls find him attractive? No, he's not fugly. Stephan's got a nice, built body, charming smile and a very talented mouth. He's just...boring. Devyn wanted someone unexpected. Someone different than all these Abercrombie beach boys that surrounded her. A nice change is all she could ask for. Devyn humored Nizar a little in her reply along with rushing him to head over to their meeting spot. She doubted they'd stay long if the popularity didn't die down soon. Spill was never this busy. Not at all.

To: Nizar
                                                                                    From: Dev
                                                                                    Hey, you ain't no mister incredible so hush q:

Is that drool I see?
                                                                                    Ewwww lol
                                                                                    That's just nasty
                                                                                    Wake his a** up, hose him down and get to Spill!

Next message was from Rika, of course. Dev chuckled, rolling her eyes. Aspirin wasn't what she needed. A stomach pump was more like it. How was she sick after 'tossing her cookies' halfway into the party? It could be due to dehydration and not just the fact that she was hungry. The girl glanced over her shoulder, staring at the baked goods behind the glass case next to the registers. Her mouth watered, longing to taste that chocolate chip muffin in the middle. Slowly, she stood up from her seat, intending to stand in line when her phone chimed again. Erika was in her inbox again, joking about the picture Dev had sent. Another laugh escaped her, shaking her head at how silly Erika was sometimes. Like they would crash a birthday party in a coffeehouse. Technically, they already were. Might as well stay, right? Setting her phone on the table, Devyn glanced at Matty as she picked up her purse. "Matts, be a dear and keep an eye on my stuff. I'll only be a minute," Devyn said, getting up from the table only to be greeted by Erika. Dang she got there quick. Did she run all the way here?

"Oh stop," Devyn blushed, a little embarrassed but flattered by what a little concealer and cold cream could do. Erika should have expected her not to come out in public looking like a groggy zombie. She had a rep to protect after all. "Damn, girl, you look amazing! And that dress is beautiful, chicka. May have to borrow it one day," Dev winked, loving that the two were the same size in almost everything. Spared her from going overboard with her debit card during those 'nothing to wear' emergencies. She listened to Erika, shrugging at her question in regards to the main topic at the table. "Beats me. I'm gonna grab something before I faint. Back in a sec," she said, leaving the table and cut through the long line to the front of the register. The college student and the other three behind her hissed a threat for Dev to move, only to be ignored as she was greeted by the cashier. " 'Scuse me for one second," Dev smiled at the girl behind the register then whipped her head around at the rude people behind her. "Some much for chivalry. Let the diabetic girl die from low blood sugar! Oh but don't pity poor little me. I'm an organ donor so at least I'll get credit for doing a good deed," the brunette glared, turning back to the cashier. "One small iced chai latte and that chocolate muffin," she beamed, pulling a twenty from her back left pocket and slapped it on the counter.

Once she got her change, she gave her name to the cashier then walked back to her table."People are so rude! All I want is something to fill me up. Is that asking too much?" she complained, raising her voice at the end purposely. Nearby eavesdroppers scoffed at her comment, making her want to leap out of her chair and scream. Maybe tackle a couple people if she had to. Pursing her lips, Devyn glanced at Rika and Matt while she played with her phone. "Ugh! This Instagram app hates my phone, I swear!" Dev growled, smacking the side of her phone with her hand. Suddenly, a message popped up from Jamie. It's about freakin' time! Pulling up the text, Dev's eyes narrowed at the screen. For someone who bailed on her last night, telling her to drink up again was the last thing he should say. Oh, and top it off, Jamie was playing games with her and the others. Yes, she understood that Spill is somewhat lame, that she'd agree with. However, he was not going to blow them off again. Not if she had anything to say about it.

To: Jamie
                                                                                    Are you crazy, J?
                                                                                    I'm not touching that stuff now.
                                                                                    Maybe later if I recover fast enough.
                                                                                    Convince you, hm?
                                                                                    Bribe you is what you mean.
                                                                                    In that case, if you come now, you might have
                                                                                    a warm, comfortable bed to sleep in later
                                                                                    on like you could've last night >.>

Seconds after replying to Jamie, her dear friend Sophie had reached out. Dev was wondering how she was doing knowing the girl hardly ever drinks. She felt pretty bad for egging her on. Stephan was no help either. None of them were really now that she thought about it. It seemed, from what Dev could gather from Sophie's message was that last night's antics were kicking her butt. Poor thing. Now Dev felt guilty for putting her through all of that. However, it was easier to throw Steve under the bus. Speaking of Steve, here he comes! Dev nudged Rika, nodding out the window where both Steve and Nizar were heading up to the building as she finished up her reply to Sophie. "Well, Matty. You can finally have some guy time this morning. Sorry we bored you with our girlie nonsense," she smiled, apologetically. Then, just like that, Dev's gears shifted. What was Steve doing? She stood up from her chair, mumbling in Spanish as she walked around Rika and Matt to the large window behind Matt. "How many times must I tell him to leave the runt alone?" Dev asked no one in particular. She had seen that French boy around before and also knew his Dad worked there. A very sweet, older man he was. Neither appeared to be a threat to anyone. Besides, Steve was getting ahead of himself. He knew better. "Stephan! Get in here!" Dev snapped, banging her hands on the no longer clean window. "Dumbass.." Dev sighed as her name was call from the counter. "Save my seat," she said, tapping the back of Rika's head then skipped to the counter, collecting her order. On her way back, Dev managed to stop near Iaeisha and Illy, confused, yet curious as to what they were up to. "So, my friends and I couldn't help wondering what all the buzz is about? I mean, is this a school project or something? I must say it caught my interest. I was considering discussing it for my upcoming Vlog episode, though I do understand if this is a private set up." Did she? Psh, no way. She would interrogate them 'til she got answers.

To: Sophie
                                                                                    Told you to be careful around Steven.
                                                                                    He can be persistent about getting people to drink.
                                                                                    I know I kinda eased you into it too. Sorry about that.
                                                                                    I'm paying the price for that myself now,
                                                                                    but it's mostly because I'm freakin' hungry.
                                                                                    I'm with a few friends at Spill if you wanna catch up with us.
                                                                                    Might leave to find something more filling than a muffin and coffee.

Quote:
                                                location: inside Spill Coffee House
                                                company: Matt, Rika, Nizar?, Steven (outside), Ieaisha and Illy
                                                wearing: tada!

Obsessive Bibliophile

10,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

тaι yang jιang ;; мυlan

User Image
                                                          locaтιon::Outside the Spill xxx coмpany:: Marcus, Steve

ι can'т вe ѕтopped, no we won'т вe ѕнaĸen

Tai grabbed his opponent’s wrist and flipped him easily over his shoulder slamming him against the padded mats in the dojo. Smiling a bit he stepped back when ordered to by his instructor, holding a hand out to his partner with a smirk. “Alex come on now, you’re better than that. That was a weak grab at best ya?” smiling her hauled the other male up and straightened his clothes, the two bowed to each other to recognize their efforts before Tai headed to grab his stuff when they were dismissed. The underclassmen would clean the dojo, as the upperclassmen had done so first thing this morning before practice began. Heading home because he was sure he stank from his workout during his karate training, as well as teaching this morning to one of lower belts he needed it. Getting undressed he grabbed clothes for that afternoon, and then hopped in to the shower scrubbing down very quickly. He’d let time get away from him, he knew he had a meeting at the Spill this afternoon, his mother had encouraged him to go when she’d been talking to one of the other former Disney Club kid’s parents. She insisted this would be good for him to quit focusing so much on school, and only hanging out with his best friend Marcus. The two of them were too quiet she’d say constantly they needed to go out and do more with themselves.

Tai did do a lot of volunteer work as well, and he did attend school at the private university but his mother wasn’t above pointing out half the time he didn’t actually talk to anyone and instead he spent all his time with the animals. Getting out of the shower he quickly dressed in a pair of nice dress pants, a dress shirt and a tie. He forewent the blazer for the day because it was hot but he wanted to at least dress somewhat appropriately. Wandering downstairs to say goodbye to his mother he found her in the family room watching something on TV. Leaning over he gently kissed her cheek with a smile. “Hey Mom, I’m going to head out to that meeting things you wanted me to go to. I haven’t eaten yet but I promise I will buy something once I get to the Spill, okay?” The beautiful elegant blonde woman looked up with a soft smile and nodded her head returning the kiss to her adopted son’s cheek. “Okay just promise me you’ll eat. I put some more money in your account you were running too low. I keep telling you not to do that Tai. It bothers me when you have less than a thousand in your account.” Her lips were pursed and she was clearly upset with him. Tai’s parents both had very good paying jobs, and didn’t do very much with their money outside of spending it on their son’s education and making sure he had everything he needed. They had long since paid off their house and many of their other expenses and were now just putting most of their money away.

Softly kissing his mom’s forehead he gave her a little squeeze and his best you-know-you-love-me type of smile “I’m sorry Mama, it won’t happen again okay? I’ll make sure I tell you or dad if I’m running low.” Tai clearly didn’t think have less than a thousand in his account at all times was low, but he supposed his mom feared something happening to them and him not being able to have his immediate needs when their money got tied up in the court systems and they froze all the accounts. He understood that but it was ridiculous, he was just glad she never said anything in front of his friends. “Alright fine, but I mean it no more, I know you think I’m crazy but I have good reason. Also take the car. It’s supposed to rain later and I know, I know it’s not great for the environment, but it’s a hybrid and it’s not awful on gas. Your Dad and I bought it for you to drive when the weather wasn’t going to be good, and it’s going to Thunderstorm so please, be practical. I love you and try to have fun alright?” Smiling a bit Tai shook his head and nodded “Yes Ma’am. I’ll take the car and I will make an attempt at having fun.” Grabbing his keys out of the bowl by the garage door he opened the door to the three car garage and walked to his meteor blue Lexus GS hybrid with all the bells and whistles his parents could possibly buy him.

Starting his car he hit the button and waited for his garage door to raise looking up and seeing his mom standing in the door to make sure he actually took the car. Rolling his eyes at her he noticed the little smirk on her face and waved, before backing out carefully onto their turnaround driveway. Driving around the circular top half of the drive he headed down to the road and pulled out onto it easily, watching the garage door close in the rear view, his mom having hit the button to do so. Pulling his sunglasses out from the console he slipped them on and headed downtown.

Weaving in and out of traffic, listening to the quiet classical music on his stereo, he pulled in to one of the public parking lots downtown close enough to the spill he could walk over easily enough. Getting a ticket to stick on his dash, he laid it down, and then closed the doors locking up his car. Wandering up the street to the coffee shop he saw Marcus outside he was about to lift his hand to wave to him when he noticed who was sitting next to him. Stephan Salvatore. His lips drew in to a thin line, as he walked over trying to keep calm, usually incredibly laid back and fine with most things, but he was over protective of Marcus because he knew the boy couldn’t defend himself easily, and Steve was a bit of a bully at times. Stepping in front of Steve so he could clearly see him he glanced at Marcus and offered him a reassuring smile, before turning his dark eyes back to Steve from behind his sunglasses. Reaching up he slowly pushed the glasses on to his head, clearing his throat just to make sure he had Stephan’s full attention. It wasn’t exactly a secret that Tai was a nationally ranked Karate Champ, or that he held several black belts in various different forms of martial arts. It tended to make most people leave Marcus alone when he was around. “Hi Stephan, do we have a problem here? Or were you just out here complimenting Marcus on the very interesting book he’s reading. Because obviously you know Marcus, my friend, has very excellent tastes in literature.” Pausing for a moment he looked towards the café noticing some of the circle Stephan hung out with watching them through the window. “I think your friends are looking for you. You might want to go see what they want yes?” Tai sat down on Marcus’ other side calmly, his gaze still trained on Steve though just to make sure he didn’t try and do something unfortunate and stupid.

нearтѕ lιĸe a drυм, вeaтιng noт вreaĸιng

User Image Out Of Coca-cola::xxxxxxxx

Demonic Strawberry

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Aℓιcє мαу тєωєяѕ
Aℓιcє ιη ωση∂єяℓαη∂

Her grandfather was the local Drag queen hero, which meant he had loads of wigs. There was a box of old ratted up wigs in the garage that Alice stumbled onto when she was looking for something decent to wear in his old clothes. Now that box was in her room and she was putting the different wigs on her dog and sending snapchats to her friends Rebel and Trent, usually with lyrics to the Lana Del Rey playing on her spotify account. Kiss me hard before you go. Will you still love me when I'm no Longer young and beautiful??? The fact she had smoked a bowl made everything just a dozen times funnier than it should have been. Her dog, was a sport though, a large English Bulldog who was as sweet as a sugar cookie and names Beau II. Originally he was supposed to her mother's dog, but Beau ended up warming up to the younger blonde a bit more. And then there was Sassy Cat, who wasn't the sweetest thing ever. In fact, Sassy Cat didn't along with any other dogs other than Beau, and didn't care for most humans unless she was very used to them. At the moment, the cat was snuggled up next to Alice with large loud purrs pouring out of her body, and the dog shook his head so the long blonde wig dropped off the top of his head. ”Okay okay, no more fun.” she grinned, then scooped up her cat and went to lay on the bed and cuddled her a bit until she ran off ”So much love Sassy... so much....”. It didn't take long for Beau II to jump onto her bed and lay over her legs just as she was sitting up to grab her pipe. The dog snorted and his owner just shook her head at him, then filled the little bowl with green and lit up, taking a few hit before her phone rang. Look down, Alice cursed when she saw who was calling, and quickly moved to answer it, ”Hi Daddy~”

Alice felt gross... Not mentally or because she was high when her pops called her, but she had late night run the night before and hadn't showered or changed out of her work out clothes or anything. Her dad knew she smoked, so really it wasn't that big of a deal. He had called to check on her, and even said he was going to wire her monthly allowance into her account, which just about made Alice's morning. Now all she had to do was actually get up and get functioning for the real world. With a sigh, she got up off her bed and went to her shower and cleaned up. Afterward, she layed back down on her bed in nothing but her bra and panties and opened up the web browser on her computer and checked her email. A small smile tugged on her lips when she saw an email from this guy she was talking to. Well, really he wasn't just some guy, he was a soldier over seas she met on some dating site. He was handsome, and funny, and had good taste in music.. but best of all he didn't know who Alice was. Well, he knew her name, but it had been months and she still hadn't sent him any pictures of herself. Hell, they weren't dating or anything, just talking, so what did it matter? Plus, she liked that he treated her bit more like a person, than just Kaleb Tewers and Pennie Longoria-Tewers kid... ”I'm laying in the ocean singing your song, Ahhh~ Ahhh~~” She sang along with her music before typing out a responce to his email. Currently, they were arguing over what would have happened if Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia hadn't been related at all. Of course, Alice thought Han Solo was a total babe, but Soldier boy had other thoughts.

After that, she scrolled through her tumblr a bit, reblogging and favoring posts, as well as rolling her eyes at some of the Anon asks she got. She was publicly herself on her blog, and many people followed her, along with assholes who liked to ask stupid things. The Blonde was over it all, even made a point to remove the ask button from her layout, but people still managed to find a way to send her hateful things. She only ever responded to the nice things, or genuine questions she was okay with answering. A smirk came to her face when saw a certain sexy gif and pulled her phone to make a ten second long Video snap of it and sent it to Rebel and Trent, alone with the word 'Denimsexual' plastered underneath it and sent it the two before sending a second one, then got up to get dressed.

After tugging on her boots, she looked at her phone to see what time it was and sighed. She had lost track of time, no wonder she was so hungry. With her dark lipstick colored on her lip and her flower crown fasioned on her head, she took a pouty selfie snapchat and typed the words I want some ******** fries on it and sent it to everyone she was connected to on the app, then clicked out real texts on her phone.

To: Trent

Beau misses you, Sassy could
care less, and I'm out of tabs.
I'll trade you some pills for some?
Or do you wanna just smoke today?
PS I miss you too bebe sunshine <3 <3

To: Whitty

Uhhh, someone didn't text me
her meals yesterday. Is that a
good thing? Or did you just
forget? I'm getting supersized
Mcdonalds french fries today.
I beat my run time by ten
seconds last night, hell yes.

To: Trent

PSSS Soldier boy emailed me.
He's such a nerd, like wtf?
and My Dad gave me $$$
WOOOOO

To: Rebbie

What are you doing????
IT'S PAYDAY b***h!!

Alice stuck her phone on it's charger and waited for some kind of response from her friends. She didn't really want to go out alone because bad things usually happened when she did. Plus, it was apart of her deal with her Grandpa FrankenFlo and parents... No going out alone, ever, and there wasn't exactly a bodyguard service around here. Hell, she had make her poor Grandpa go with her run in the park last night! So poor Alice had to wait until someone came by to pick her up or agreed to meet her elsewhere.

References:: Beau II Sassy XXXXXXXXXXX Outfit:: Pizza XXXXXXXXXXX Status::In her room, waiting... XXXXXXXXXXX Mood:: "I just want some french fries..."

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Omnipresent Cultist

User Image

The scent of breakfast wafted through the kitchen, carried by the summer breeze filtering in through the open window. Bacon sizzled as River rooted within the refrigerator for eggs. Balancing four within his hand, the young male used his hips to close the door and headed back towards the oven. River gently placed the eggs in a bowl on the counter so that he could tend to his bacon. Moving the cooked meat to a napkin covered plate, he whistled as he carefully tended to the strips, nibbling on a piece to taste it's readiness. Fingers danced from the meat over to the eggs, expertly cracking them against the counter before dropping the innards the glass bowl they had rested in moments before. Two shakes of salt followed by three of pepper drifted into the yellow mixture. Next trickled a small stream of milk followed by a fork to the mixture, whisking it all together. River poured the liquid gold into the greasy pan, letting the eggs soak up the delicious taste as they cooked.

It wasn't long before River had assembled two plates, one for himself and one for mother. Mother's plate sat on a tray, nestled between a warm cup of coffee - two creams and a spoonful of sugar, just the way mother liked it- and a glass of store-bought orange juice. The boy's face lit with a smile as he took the tray between his hands and carried it down the hall towards the bedroom across the hall from his own. A gentle nudge of his hip brought the door creaking open, which brought the male to a halt. His eyes quickly scanned the woman nestled comfortably within a bundle of covers. Mother's face lacked the stress and worry that had plagued her features of late, all due to the possibility of the day care's closure-- a possibility that plagued her since she had worked at the center but been unable to afford take it over. Asleep, she looked absolutely peaceful, and he stole a moment to gaze upon his mother's face, feeling an immense flooding of love. It almost shamed him to wake her, to bring her to the waking world and back to the realities that filled it, but he was sure that she would appreciate his gesture. "Mother. Mother, I made you breakfast."

Once the pair completed their meal, the young male set to getting ready as his mother cleaned the mess. Since the daycare had shut down, Evangeline worked from home, tutoring children in piano. Despite his age, River still found himself jealous of the children that came to their home, taking his mother's attention from him, and he preferred to be out of the house whenever they came around. Plus he intended to infiltrate the Founder's meeting in hopes of assisting their group's plan or attempt to. River wasn't entirely sure that he held the confidence to actually enter the Spill and insert himself into the conversation. They were all older and friends whereas he was just an outsider to them, looking to give his mother a bit of happiness. That pushed into embarrassing, don't bring up territory, removing any real excuse he possessed. What excuse could he offer to those people? None really. I have nothing to give either.

"River. River, you look like you're going out." The boy jumped slightly at the woman's sudden appearance and accusation. Sheepishly, he turned to face his mother, an awkward smile leaving his teeth naked. Neither spoke while River's mother stared her son down, searching him visually, as though some clue to future mischief lay hidden upon him somewhere. Her features softened as a hand moved to push black locks from the boys face. "Just... be careful, River. Stay out of the street and away from troublemakers. And girls. They tend to lead to more trouble than you need, you hear?" River nodded as his mother's thumb brushed against his cheek.

"I'll be safe. I promise," he whispered as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling the only mother he had ever known into a tight hug.

Leaving the house always felt a little strange. The world continued moving despite his absence from it, which was fascinating and a little depressing. River allowed himself a moment to simply enjoy his surroundings and the day's gifts before taking stride down the sidewalk. His feet carried him swiftly but carefully along the path beside the road, though he knew not exactly where he wandered. The Spill was out of the question at the moment, for he lacked the courage to face the Founders and their meeting just yet.

River fingered the outline of the cellphone sitting within his pocket, wishing it would chime with some call of adventure. At times, he wondered precisely why he kept the device. Other than his mother, who was very important to him, his contact list was laughable. A minimal listing existed within the device, making it unlikely that it would alert him to something exciting. His mother would likely check in soon, just to ensure that he didn't end up splattered on the road, but if he wanted to hear from anyone else, it was likely that he needed to reach out first. I'd hate to bother anyone though...

With a sigh, River decided against sending any texts for the time being. He needed to relax, to build himself up so that he could attend the meeting. Mother needs me to be there. She needs the day care more than I need to hang out with people. A twinge of guilt flashed through him for even considering anything else. The emotion pushed his feet into moving again. Though he knew he would head towards the Spill, River still wasn't sure that he could actually make his way inside. But his movements carried on, bringing him closer to the coffee shop. He slowed as he neared the building, stopping completely when it finally came into his line of sight. River's nerves kept him from moving closer, keeping him across the street from the coffee shop. Outside, he watched a few people interacting, though it was the blurry figures inside that he cared about. From this distance, he couldn't make anyone out, so he wasn't sure if the meeting had started yet or not. He had only heard about the thing second hand, after all. Just a few minutes. I, ah, should let mother know I'm still alive...

River used the message as a distraction, removing himself from the whole situation. His fingers slowly slid across the screen, taking his time so that he didn't have to confront anyone. Just checking in to let you know that I'm alright. Is there anything that you need while I am out? I could stop by the store if you need me to. The finger circled the send button once, twice, three times before finally pressing send. Even with the message sent, River wasn't ready to go inside. Instead, he focused on the phone, telling himself that he needed to be ready for his mother's response, just in case she needed him.

Where: Across the street from the Spill // With: No one// Wearing: Mother's favorite // OOC: Better layout to come

Obsessive Bibliophile

10,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

User Image
                                                        drαpєd ín:: xxxxx xxx rєsídíng hєrє:: The Spill xxx With:: Me Myself and I

ι иєє∂ α яι∂є σя ∂ιє

Rebel sat at her vanity staring at her reflection, she’d only been up for a few hours, she had been up way too late last night binge watching Stranger Things on Netflix so she had been tired. She could hear her brother’s downstairs. They were home from their various respective colleges and though it was nice to have them home she wasn’t entirely appreciative of the sheer amount of noise they tended to make. Not rubbing her eyes due to the perfect eyeliner and fake lashes she had going on the pink haired female stretched as she let out a squeaky effeminate yawn. Shaking her head, she stood up and smoothed out the pink tank top she was wearing over her black shorts, she loved these shorts they were adorable and had little suspenders on them she let hang down. She was going for a relaxed casual look for the time being. Well except for her shoes. Sliding on a pair of black pumps the tiny female gained several inches in mere moments as the heels put her up to a more acceptable height. Tying her pink hair back in a ponytail she licked her lips that were currently painted a soft pink with a matte liquid lipstick. She didn’t really know what she was going to get up to but she definitely needed to get out of the house.

Grabbing her keys to her car and her purse the eighteen-year-old headed downstairs. Walking through the kitchen she paused when one of her brothers spoke to her. Glancing at Axel she cocked up one perfectly shaped eyebrow and tilted her head. “No, I don’t know where I’m going. Just out. I need some fresh air and I need coffee. Not the crap you three insist on making. Real. Coffee.” Glancing at her phone she pursed her lips when she saw a text message she hadn’t noticed before. Opening it she read it over scanning her eyes over the message. It was from one of the people she had gone to daycare with. Right. The day care was being torn down and they were trying to buy it out from under some developer. Pulling up Google she did a quick search for the development company and found absolutely nothing of interest at first. But then a name caught her eye and she froze. Ignoring her brother as he hounded her about the way she was dressed. She would normally shoot back some feminist comment about it being her body, and embracing her sexuality or something along those lines, but her focus was too pulled into her phone at the moment.

One delicately manicured finger clicked on the link to a related article and she frowned a little. Why hadn’t he told her he was in town? She didn’t own the boy but it would have been nice to know he was around. Especially with the majority of people she knew being away on vacation, or checking out their colleges and various other things. Rebel personally had no plans for any of that, and she had no modelling gigs right now. Even with her mom’s connections modelling when you weren’t overly tall was not easy. Letting out a soft sigh and she double tapped her iPhone’s home button and swiped away safari. Going into her contacts and starting to head to the garage still ignoring her brother. Sliding into her car as she typed away with one hand, preferring the tiny rose gold SE instead of the bigger 6, 6s and 7 series phones.

To: Dorian
                                                        Message: When were you going to tell me you were in town?

She sent the message and sat in the driver’s seat of her car and frowned a little. Why hadn’t he told her he was in town? She shook her head deciding she was reading into it too much she started her car and slid her rayban sunglasses onto her face. Hitting the garage door opener, she back her car out and then drove around their round about. Heading down her long driveway and onto the main drag. Rebel didn’t live directly in town, she was about ten minutes outside of it in a gated community for people with some celebrity status like her mother, and technically her father not that he was ever around. Maybe that was why she was feeling weird? Her Dad had come for a visit recently and he was gone again, on tour. Seeing him sometimes threw her off, as much as she understood her parents divorce she always wondered why her and her brother’s weren’t a good enough reason for her dad to settle down a bit.

Reaching over she turned up her radio, Closer by the Chainsmokers was playing. Singing along to the song quietly she passed a car on the way into town. Once she got out onto the main strip she parked her car and slid out of the vehicle grabbing her coach purse and taking it with her. Jaywalking across the street she headed into the spill. Already seeing some of the founders getting set up for their meeting she sighed a bit and shook her head. She was still on the fence about this whole thing. She didn’t know if she actually wanted to get involved. Smiling at the Barista she ordered herself a skinny vanilla latte and a fruit explosion muffin. Glancing at her phone she bit the inside of her cheek and pulled up Dorian’s contact again.

To: Dorian
                                                        Message: I’m at the Spill getting coffee
                                                        Do you have time to catch up?
                                                        Attached: Directions

Paying for her food and coffee with her credit card, she never carried cash and she couldn’t be bothered to find her debit card, she stepped out of line and went to go sit down. They would bring her coffee and muffin to her. Pulling her phone out again she opened her solitaire app and started playing a game to amuse herself. She didn’t have much else to do.

туρє σf gυу тσиιgнт

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

Out Of Cookies::Lemme know if I have to change things

Devoted Informer

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
User Image

User Image
The words on the pages seemed to dance in his mind as he scanned the pages. Long fingers delicately turning each page as the soft music played in his ears. Just as he liked it to be. Fresh air, alone time to his book and his fantastical imagination, and no stress of having to deal with anyone. How peaceful. This particular book was A Wrinkle in Time. Honestly it had taken most of the morning for Marcus to find it in the bookstore. It had been many years since, but he remembered his father telling him the once that it had been his mother's favorite book. Such an old thing, Marcus almost resorted to having to sneak the family's only credit card to order it online on a trip to the library. Thankfully he didn't have to resort to that. He would have just gotten in trouble for wasting his time with more books instead of 'friends' and socializing out of the few people he did speak with. It was almost irritating that he couldn't just do as he wanted and spend everyday reading. It wasn't like he was exceptionally talented or smart (save from getting perfect grades only to appease his father). Let alone popular at all. Marcus was too shy to come up on most people's radars. That along side how short he was. 5'8" wasn't really the ideal height in guys. Nor did it ever give off a vibe of 'stay away from me or else'. It was like an invitation to just come after him and rough him up. Marcus didn't even think he was too good looking, which really was debatable. He wasn't bad looking in any sense of the word, but he always felt he was just really plain. Painfully plain. Thankfully it wasn't as if he was actively looking for anyone to woo. God no, that was off limits.

He should have been able to feel the bad energy coming from a mile away. As the album he was listening came to an end and he began to reach for his phone when he paused and became rigid. Someone was behind him. Someone bigger than him. Bad news. The whistle made him pull his headphones out slowly, before the voice reached his ears. It would have made him jolt if he wasn't staring hard at his book on the table. Stephan Salvatore. Marcus could just feel his heart drop n his chest. Did he say bad news? He meant terrible news. The 'pretty boy' comment made Marcus wrinkle his nose before his eyes dared to dart up to the older man. It was probably obvious he was trying to keep a neutral face rather than giving him a nervous expression. He couldn't even find his voice to answer his questions. He definitely did not want to deal with Stephan, but showing resistance would probably result in something worse. They were in public though. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad with that many witnesses. Would it?

"Um....I don't..know...." finally words managed to make their way out to answer his second question about his friends. Honestly Marc wouldn't know where the people he did speak with would be at this time. "Home....probably......" he shrugged as the feeble words fell from his lips, mentally cursing the faint accent that feel on the words. It could not be any more obvious how uncomfortable Marcus was in front of the other. With his hands clenched in his lap, he was struggling with keeping himself from beginning to shake. All the worry was beginning to build. What if Stephan didn't like that answer? What if he was going to take it out on him? What if someone did come by and there actually was a fight? All of these thoughts made Marcus bite at his lip as his gaze turned downwards to his book on the table again. Even sent up a silent prayer than somehow the words on the page that were now beginning to look muddled and swirling all around the page would somehow suck him into the world of the book.

It was as if there was an answer to his prayer in a completely different form. At first, Marcus thought the second person approaching was going to be one of Stephan's friends. Another force to up the stress level of course. Why not, right? Wasn't like god hadn't been cruel enough to Marcus his whole life. And yet the voice that spoke up contradicted Marc's fears. His head almost shot up and turned to look towards Tai as he spoke to Stephan. Another shorter guy, Tai and Marcus were the same height, but the other was much more intimidating than Marcus could ever hope to be. Which made him thankful whenever he'd make an appearance . The smile he gave him made Marc release the breath he didn't know he was holding. As embarrassing as it may have been to need someone to come to your rescue, he really just did not care in the moment. His gaze was honed in on Tai as he sat down beside him and honestly he just didn't want to look away from his friend. In his eyes, Tai was practically glowing. A true god sent at a time like this.

He dared to turn his gaze back to Stephan hesitantly, even with his hands still shaking in his lap. It really was ridiculous to be so cowardly like this. Marcus tried to clear the lump forming in his throat and pushed his hand through his hair, before motioning weakly to the inside of the cafe. "H-He's right......" the words were quick as he tried to steady his heart rate from exploding through the roof, "They um.....s-seem like....they need you in there....." How daring of him to speak up like that. Hopefully Stephan would leave them though. If he didn't and things began to press on as it did, Marcus probably would have began to tear up , as embarrassing as it is. Nothing even happening and he was already so worked up from just having the guy in front of him. It was pathetic and laughable. But he still tried to keep his ground and keep his blue eyes on him as long as he could to get the point across.

User Image

[[ Where:: Outside Spill Coffee House ll With:: Tai & Stephan ll Listening to:: Nothing ll Anxiety level: ▇ ▉ █ ]]

sn ɟo ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp sǝʎ
˙sn ɟo ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl ƃuıɥʇou s,ǝH
˙sn ɟo ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ʎɹǝΛ
˙ppo ɹǝɥʇɐɹ s,ǝɥ pıɐɹɟɐ ɯ,I 'ǝpɐɔɐɟ ɹıɐɟ ʇɐɥʇ puıɥǝq ʇnq

Obsessive Bibliophile

10,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image
User Image
                                                      The soft breeze blowing through the park ruffled Ronnie’s bright red hair a little bit, as she took a deep breath inhaling the scents of early summer. Fresh cut grass, new flowers in bloom, and as she closed her eyes she could hear various dogs barking, hear kids over at the park laughing and playing with each other. All the sounds and smells brought a smile to her face, as well as the warm rays of sun hitting her face. Yes she was home, and yes she was scared as all hell that she had to face Leo and see people she hadn’t seen in over two years but she could do this. She belonged here, and she had to admit she had kind of missed this place. Stretching her arms up over her head she let out a slow breath and then inhaled through her nose, practicing her yoga breathing to help center herself. After the car accident she had PTSD from the trauma and the resulting effects of it. So she had gotten in to yoga and hot yoga when she was living with her aunt. She had learned a lot about how to reign in her emotions and just over all calm herself when she was feeling frazzled. It was so nice out she didn’t see why she couldn’t take advantage of some of those skills now.

Rolling her neck a bit she breathed out again and smiled, as the tension left her body and she felt more relaxed and settled. She thought in her mind of all the good reasons she had come home, and all of her good memories. Hearing the children laughing in the distance helped drive that home as she remembered very clearly all the years she had spent running around this park with her friends, playing tag under the watchful eyes of their mothers. Smiling a little at the memory she opened her eyes and glanced around taking in the sights around her. She was sitting under a willow tree that was so familiar to her, she hadn’t even realized exactly where she had gravitated. She used to climb this tree all the time as a kid. She could still hear her mom in her head. ”Veronica get down from before you break something.” “Aw but mooooooom I want to climb to the top! I bet I could see the whole town from there!” Smiling a bit wider at the memory she picked up her bagel and polished it off. Getting up and stretching her legs out with a yawn, deciding she wanted to walk around for a bit.

She hadn’t seen Raz and had absolutely no idea he had gone by and taken her picture, so she was clueless to the fact that anyone had recognized her, or even knew she was back in town. Pushing off the bench Ronnie’s feet hit the dirt and she started walking away from the willow tree. Heading deeper in to the park. She walked past the skate park briefly stopping to watch the guys rolling over their own personal concrete jungle. It amazed her how those boys moved and how each of their different body parts and muscles came in to play as they rolled up and down the ramps, ground down the rails, even when they bailed out how they landed was almost like a part of a dance. Pulling out her phone she went to camera and snapped a couple shots of a few of the tricks smiling a bit. She wished she had thought to bring her camera out with her because there would have made some amazing action shots. Or better yet having her sketch book would have been handy too. Oh well she’d have to come back later with one or both those things.

Heading over to the playground she reached up and grasped the metal chains of one of the available swings on the swing set. Putting her foot on the seat she pushed off the ground and using her whole body began swinging herself back and forth. Smiling a bit as she watched several small kids running around the play set, weaving in and out of it plastic, wood and metal spaces. Hiding from each other laughing and giggling as they played a cross between hide and seek and tag. Every so often they would all start to run away from the person who was it filled with shrieks of laughter. The sight and sound was enough to make her happy. Glancing over she saw a little girl staring up at her from her swing, smiling at the adorable little thing, she grabbed the chains and pulled herself up lifting her legs and then carefully lowering herself on to the seat. “Hi! What’s your name sweetie?” The little girl blinked like she was surprised an adult was talking to her. She bit her lip and smiled shyly at Ronnie before speaking. “It’s Olivia.” “Well that’s a pretty name. My names Ronnie. It’s nice to meet you Olivia.” Holding her hand out she smiled when the little girl put her dainty little hand in Ronnie’s slightly larger one. They shook hands and the little girl giggled a bit. “I really like your hair. It’s so pretty!” Ronnie smiled a bit and looked up at her bright red wave like curls, blowing her long side swept bangs off her face. “Thank you, I like your hair too. It looks very pretty.” “Thank you! My Mommy braided my hair this morning. She said I looked like a ragamuffin so she had to fix it.” Ronnie laughed softly “My mom used to say that about me all the time too. I think it’s a mom thing.” Winking at the little girl she looked up when she heard the girl’s mother calling her. “I gotta go! Bye Miss Ronnie!” Olivia hopped down off the swing and then took off after her mother, stopping short to turn around and wave at the redheaded girl she had just been talking to. Ronnie lifted her hand and waved back, watching as Olivia took her mom’s hand and walked off.

Pushing herself off the swing Ronnie headed for the road, walking down the sidewalk, sipping her hot chocolate she ran her fingers along the chain link fence lightly, a small smile on her face. So maybe being home wasn’t so bad. It was nice living in a town like this. Not too big but not too small, people around here didn’t worry about their daughters or sons being kidnapped by every stranger that talked to them. You didn’t necessarily know all your neighbors, but there was still a strong sense of community. Yeah being home was a good thing. She’d missed it while she’d been gone, yes being home was hard but looking at it now, she was happy she came back. Now she just had to not be late for that meeting at the Spill.

Just as she was about to take off and jog downtown a car pulled up next to her rather abruptly and she squeaked a bit taking a step back from it, until a teenage boy half climbed out the passenger’s side window waving at her frantically. “Hey Ronnie!! Want a Ride?” Ronnie paused and stared at this teenage boy a little confused as to how the hell he knew her name but then he followed it up with “It’s me Max!” Ronnie’s eyes immediately widened and a goofy grin crossed her face. She was a few years older than him, but she definitely remembered him. “Max! Oh my gosh! Hi!! Yes please!” Opening the back door of the car she climbed into the car and smiled at the woman driving the car. “Hi I’m Ronnie! I used to go to day care with Max when we were little. Max! I haven’t seen you in forever!” She almost climbed over the seat to hug the other boy grinning a bit. “Speaking of the day care!!! Did you hear?! They’re thinking about tearing it down!!! A bunch of people are meeting at the Spill this afternoon to see if there’s any way we can raise enough money to stop it, or do something. Are you going!?”

Company:: Max Location:: In the car with Max and Katherine Thoughts:: Okay, maybe I am glad to be home Mood:: Excited, happier, nostalgic Outfit:: Day 1 Song:: Choose your battles - Katy Perry

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces