Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬xxxxxxx
                                                    /////////////////////////////////////////// IT ALL GOTxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxso///MUNDANE///with you
                                                    ////////////////////////I M B A C K A G A I N
                                                    SO TAKE ME BY THE HAND/////WE ' RE CLOSE TO THE EDGE/////SO TAKE ME BY THE HAND/////WE ' RE CLOSE TO THE EDGE
                                                    SO TAKE ME BY THE HAND/////WE ' RE CLOSE TO THE EDGE/////SO TAKE ME BY THE HAND/////WE ' RE CLOSE TO THE EDGE

HOLLAND ↴ ⇂ ⇂

xxxxxIn fact Rosie had been doing something other than changing. What else, he wasn't really sure for his eyes were still closed. And she didn't seem to want to elaborate farther than the few words. Rosie spun him towards the door where he finally opened his eyes. It was better to be safe than sorry that she was actually lying.

The girls went back to the main level and he followed closely behind, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his shorts. Rosie soon left them as soon as she had come. Willis let out a shy smile. He understood Tessa completely on the subject of food. It was great. But awesome when it came free. His family brought most of the food but technically, it was his parents who bought it. So the food would be awesome.

Tessa stopped at the bottom of the stairs and so Willis stopped as well. He couldn't exactly get out, what with the crowd and all. He could feel his nostrils flair slightly. His eyes flitted to Ronnie. He leaned down to get closer to Tessa, his small voice clearly showing his lack of intelligence in this field. “That was a joke, right?” To be honest, he had nothing against Ronnie. She seemed like a nice girl from the little he had to do with her. But.. She seemed like the type of person who would go all she wolf on anyone who dared mess with her. The thought was appealing though, it would be fun to play the joke. Willis lifted the opposite arm from Tessa and bent it as if it were robotic, he pushed it backwards a few times. It was the sign for Later, something he had learned from an old teacher who would sometimes sign while talking. Something they profusely apologized for as they had a daughter was Deaf themselves. He whispered the word the same time he made the motion and pushed past the crowd that so cluttered the hall.

Once outside, he immediately spotted the food table and coolers. He made a beeline for the coolers. He really needed some Dr. Pepper right now especially if he was going to chug as many as possible this night. His parents had a strict policy on bringing pop into the house unless it was for an event such as this. (A very bad thing in his opinion for it had been weeks since he had last gotten DP and it would most likely be weeks before he got it again.) Willis opened the cooler quickly and found beer. He closed it quickly and went to the next one. He pulled out a bottle and turned just in time to hear the boy mumble something about food.

“Are you... allergic or something?” He chuckled nervously. Who was this kid? Why wouldn't he be able to eat when the food was specifically for him? The cold sting of his pop was beginning to get painful and he quickly wrapped it with his shirt. It didn't really help but who cared—as long as he got his Dr. Pepper!
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  x
                  x
                  x
                  x
                  tab tab User Image
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
                  xxxxxxxxxxxstephanie grace holland

________________________" tab tab tab tab tab do you not think so far ahead ? remember what your heart is for________________________

________

"It isn't just about that," Stevie grumbled when her brother attempted to commiserate with her over being friendless in a new place. Stevie knew that really, she didn't realistically deserve to have a say in the matter, but it had hurt. Not being informed of the fact that their parents had been considering a move until the decision had been made was one of the things that had caused the eighteen-year-old's extreme reaction to relocating. It was cruel, forcing her to leave when she had but a year left of school. Had they allowed her, Stevie would have stayed behind and finished up there. Of course, when she had mentioned it, both her parents, over protective to a fault, were adamant that it was not an option. Stevie was, in her opinion, as grown up as she was ever going to be. She could have looked after herself. It was a thin line between being self-interested and self-conscious and sometimes, Stevie wasn't sure category she fell into. Perhaps it was both. She placed the bowl of chips she had been pillaging down onto the table next to the grill, with more force than she had intended, and wiped her salty hands on her dress. A graceful, girlie girl if ever there was one.

She had been mid mouthful when a familiar voice greeted her. She swallowed and clapped her hands together to get rid of the rest of the salt,. She hadn't seen Marc arrive and he had caught her off guard. "Hey," she responded with a smile, hoping that there weren't any bits of potato crisps caught between her teeth. Having had braces between the awkward ages of thirteen and sixteen had rendered her evermore anxious about her teeth. "Yep," she nodded at Marc's deduction that Taylor was her brother. Really, it wasn't that difficult a conclusion to draw; while Stephanie's hair was more obvious about it, they both had the ginger streak, along with pale olive skin. "This is one of them: Taylor James Holland," she confirmed, introducing her brother by his full name as Marc had done for himself. "Hey" Taylor replied as he shook Marc's hand in the sharp, 'bro' like manner so many boys his age did. Stevie gave Marc a proper once-over at this point - she probably wasn't subtle about it, but she was never good at being as such. Under his jacket, he was wearing the same top he had been when they met in the forest, which reminded her of something she had intended to talk to him about. She had forgotten about the odd development in the photographs and wanted to show them to him but she figured he should settle in first. "The rest of your family here yet?" She asked, snapping her eyes back to his, noting as she did so that she had not met any of them.

It was just as she finished her question that a second person joined the Holland siblings at the barbecue. Cosima was the other neighbor Stevie had taken a liking to, though from the way she barely acknowledged Marc, it seemed that her two new friends were not friends with one another. "Hey," Stevie replied, her face was gradually warming now from the scowl to a half-smile. "Yeah, I was wondering the same thing," she responded as Cosima mused about the party's stale atmosphere. "We could always start with some drinks," she said, nodding at one of the many ice-filled buckets. This one was which as piled high with beer, wine and pre-mixed drinks. Sure, none of them were 'of age' yet, but Stevie had never let that stop her before. Besides, it was a neighborhood barbecue, what did a few drinks matter? At least she was participating now. "If it gets really boring, we can always drag this into the forest," She said as she knelt down by the rather impressive bucket. "I'm sure between them Taylor and Marc can manage that," She said with a brow raised, passing random bottles up to Cosima to hand out. Rosie came bounding up to them just as the eldest Holland straightened up, opening a cider for herself as she did so.

"Have you met our sister, Rosalie?" She asked Marc and Cosima as the third redhead of the Holland siblings joined them. "It seems our parents had a fondness for girls names ending in 'ie'" She took a long sip from her bottle, waiting for someone else to say something. Rosie mentioned something about their old neighborhood not being very friendly "Speak for yourself," she said, slightly under her breath as she held the tip of the bottle against her lips.

tab tab tab ooc didn't quite know where to finish this. mojo said it was cool that i g-mode taylor a lil bit.
                                                tab tab tab ooc=)

Mind-boggling Belly-burster

User Image
User Image

Rosalie stood back and watched her brother flip the burgers. At the same time, she wondered where their parents were. She could see the other parents, but there were no signs of hers. They were probably upfront talking to the other neighbors. She would have gone to look for them, but it was best to leave the adults mingling with the adults and the kids mingling with the kids. She didn’t mind though. Becoming friends with a few of the neighborhood kids also meant she was going to meet their parents anyway. She didn’t always talk to them, but they were friendly enough.

She started to listen in on Taylor talk back and forth between Cosima and Stevie. Apparently Stevie was still complaining about the movie, despite them being here for three weeks. Rosie thought for sure her sister would be over it by now, but she wasn't. She understood why Stevie was upset about it, having to leave her friends behind. She couldn't blame her for being upset, but dragging on about it sort of bummed Rosie out.

Grabbing a plate, she was about to walk away before Stevie introduced her to Marc and Cosima. She knew them due to the fact she got along with their siblings. She didn't speak to them a lot, but they looked friendly. "Hi there, it's nice to meet you." She figured this would be a time to get to know them, but she was really hungry and she wanted to tell the others that majority of the food was ready. "I'm going to tell others that some of the food was ready, just in case anyone's hungry." She told them before waving bye and walking away.

She stopped to find Willis, Tessa, and even her friend Cassius. She smiled to them and said, "The food's ready in case anyone is hungry." She said before biting into her own burger. "It's so good." She said with a laugh. She looked over at Cas and smiled at him. "Hey Cas, it's great you could come."
User Image

OUTFIT: clickity || LOCATION: casa de holland || MOOD SONG: don't stop me now.

One thing to know about Griffin Everett (besides the fact that he was devilishly handsome) was that Griff was a master of deception. – THE, master, actually. He was notorious for his elaborate schemes and a slick-talker that got him out of detentions and most speeding tickets. Griff had always been a trickster since the day he could walk and talk. Ask anyone and they’d say the same. The young man had records, but his schemes were nothing risky or illegal – well, most of them. But, all done in the name of good times ! For example, like now. While his family prepared for the welcome party, Griffin prepared his beer. After a long afternoon of working with a can opener and a metal file, a pyramid of beer cans perfectly disguised as Cola cans sat in front of him. There was a lot of cutting involved and a sugar rush thanks to the soda cans he had to empty, but it was brilliant work and one of Griffin’s best tricks – because, what was a welcoming party without the welcoming beer?

Whoa, the welcoming party !, he exclaimed in thought, instantly remembering about the barbecue across the street. The new humans on the block had been living in Legend Street for nearly a month and despite that it was a little too late to be throwing a ‘welcome to the neighborhood’ fest, free food was still free food and that was all that mattered to Griffin. “God. I hope they’re not vegetarians.” The werewolf grumbled. He never understood how someone could live the life of a vegetarian and not eat any kind of meat. Vegetarian life sucked – No offense, Greyson. But, being a full-blooded carnivorous beast, Griffin needed meat, especially red meat. He wondered if there was going to be any steak kabobs at the barbecue.

“We’re going to be late and I don’t mean fashionably late either!”

Griffin snapped out of his musings when he heard his sister shout from downstairs. Oh, right. They were running late. – As always to almost every event ever. Ronnie swore like that wasn’t mainly her fault. The girl could live for days in her own bathroom. Speaking of his fashionista, eyes shot towards the mirror for a quick look of himself. A pair of faded denim jeans was the only piece of clothing he was able to hike on before working on his scheme. And honestly, Griffin believed that was all he needed. It was summer ! Hot weather meant less clothing and a perfectly good reason to put the chiseled chest + abdomen on display. Because when you look this good, why not show it off? However, his mom would strongly disapprove of that. Thus, a casual dress shirt and boat shoes were added to his attire.

“Is it just my nerves talking or do you also have a bad feeling about tonight?” He heard his sister say as soon as he bumped into her after entering the Holland home. With three families cluttered in one building, you’d think he would come across someone who wasn’t part of the Everett pack. “All I’m feeling is hungry. I smell burgers.” Griffin said after he took a whiff of air and had delighted grin curl on his face. He then bumped shoulders with her playfully, “Ease up. – Have a Coke.” A little smirk took over his grin when he offered Ronnie a can from the Cola box he held. Despite his attempt of reassurance, Griffin knew why she would have a bad feeling about tonight. This human home was unknowingly packed with witches, werewolves, and leeches. Of course something was bound to go down tonight. But that was what made the welcoming party rather .. exciting. What will happen tonight? he wondered.

An eyebrow arched when an arm hooked around his neck and pulled him back a bit. "If you don't make a scene, then we can go about this quietly, I may even let you live," There was Grey ! The werewolf was just about to go look for him too. What a time-saver. “Oh, god. Take whatever you want. You can even have my wife and children, just please, don’t kill me !” He played along until his best friend let him go. Turning around to face Greyson, Griff opened his mouth to speak again, but then closed it when he remembered that Ronnie was beside him too. The awkward tension between the former love birds was annoyingly difficult to ignore.

“Hi Greyson. It’s um, nice to see you here.”

"Likewise, Ronnie. You look great."

I wonder what's worse; a whole night with these two in the same room or being hit by a train.

I bet I could survive the train.

"'Ey, Arty." Griffin greeted once the youngest witch boy joined the little awkward circle. Now with both Kavanaghs in sight, he wondered where the rest were. -- Specifically, Cosima. His attention drifted from Ronnie and the Kav Bros, and Griff did a quick scan of the living room in search for her. But guessing since he turned away, he had missed the witch when she walked by. Ah well, he'll run into her later. Griff faced the Kav Bros again and he lifted his Cola box in offering, "D'you guys want a beer? -- I mean soda. Do you guys want soda?" He said, quickly changing his words as an adult passed by. “Shall we head out back?” He heard his sister say. "Sounds like a plan. C'mon." Griffin linked his arm around Ronnie's and walked with the Kav Bros.

While they headed out to the backyard, Griff leaned a little towards his sibling, "Are you alright?" He asked. As self-absorbed as he may seem, Griffin did listen and cared for his siblings, especially now when he knew Ronnie still had unresolved feelings for her ex.

User Image

ooc
                                    #ff4433 #8eacad #81A4BA || sorry for the incredibly late and probably poorly written reply.

lune--etoiles

MissButtercupBliss

AVK4T3

Supreme Ladykiller

User Image

YOU ARE WHERE YOU NEED TO BE _ JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH _ YOU ARE WHERE YOU NEED TO BE _ JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH _ YOU ARE WHERE YOU NEED TO BE _ JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH _

pae▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆

Three weeks. That's how long it had been since the Holland family had moved to Legend Street. When Gaby and Lucian had first looked at their home, before buying, Gaby had fallen in love with the street. There was just something about it that called to her. Ever since they moved in, she had been falling in love with it even more. She knew that one or two of her kids weren't particularly happy about the move, but she knew that if she gave them enough time, they'd be happy here just as she was. Of course, she wasn't going to push them about it. She had promised they'd discuss another move if eventually they decided they all hated it where. But Gaby knew that probably wouldn't happen, so she had nothing to worry about. So far, Gaby was ecstatic to be on Legend Street and she had a feeling she wouldn't be changing her mind any time soon. Granted, a few of her neighbors seemed a little quirky, but she was eager to get to know them. The kids seemed to be making friends with them easily enough. Although, Gaby knew that she didn't know every single facet of what was going on with her kids, but so far, all seemed well.

As soon as Gabrielle had woken in the morning, she'd had butterflies in her stomach. Today was the day of their housewarming with the neighborhood. Granted, it was a bit late considering the Holland's had been living in the neighborhood for a little while now, but better late than never. Gabrielle had quite a bit to do today and she knew she needed to start early. However, despite the butterflies fluttering around in her stomach, Mrs. Holland was more than excited to finally meet all her neighbors. It would be excited, considering some of them seemed fairly interest. After showering and fixing herself up properly for the day, Gabrielle pulled out the long, very long, list of things she had to do and took in a deep breath. All she could think about was how lucky she was to have a husband that would help her with this long list of things. Most of the list had to do with food, and between Gabrielle and her husband, that wasn't a problem. Food was something they had a great passion for, Gabrielle and Lucian both great at different kinds of food. Of course, Gabrielle absolutely had to have the neighborhood try her Spanish foods. It was a must for everyone Gabrielle met, but that wasn't going to be the only thing the Holland's would be serving. Besides, what was a barbecue without a million different foods? The first thing Gabrielle did was start on the mild decorating and setting things up outside. She had to make sure it was all perfect before she started her cooking.

Hours later, evening time finally arriving and the party just beginning, Gabrielle double checked herself in the mirror, doing a little turn and giving herself a crooked smile as she decided she looked perfect. A nod to herself in the mirror and Gaby turned to make her way downstairs. She had children to check on and neighbors to meet, and she couldn't be more excited. As she descended from the stairs, she could hear voices of people talking and a laughing with each other. A large, friendly smile spread across Gaby's face, her pearly whites shining in the light of the hose. She stopped at the glass door at the back of their house and watched everyone mingling for a moment. She spotted her children, a proud look in her eyes as she gazed on each one of them talking to others. She had brought them up properly, showering each one of them with love as only a mother can. Gaby took one more look at her children and then slide the glass door open and swaying gently through the crowd to greet and entertain. She wanted to be a hospitable hostess, one of the best. And that is exactly what she planned to be.

Every now and then she'd stop to greet someone, giving them a proper and friendly smile and introducing herself if she hadn't met them already. She spotted the ones she'd met already, smiling at them and giving a small wave before gliding to the next person. After a moment, Gaby looked around for her husband, hoping to spot his bright hair among the crowd. She knew he'd be close somewhere, he didn't hover far from her when there were lots of people around.

"Lucian! Luce!" Gaby called out, still searching for him. She was sure he was talking to a neighbor.

In the mean time, Gaby found Jace and Paulette Everett and approached them with a warm smile. "Good evening, guys! I'm so happy you could make it. Thank you for the compliment on our home. We work hard to maintain it." Gaby nodded a bit, having heard Jace's compliment as she's approached them. After a second or two of silence, Gaby pointed towards the food and drinks. "The food and drinks are all set up, please help yourselves. There's also alcohol for the adults, just in case anyone would like some. Make yourselves at home and don't be afraid to ask whatever comes to mind." Once again, Gaby gave a great big smile and threw a friendly wink to everyone. If they couldn't tell she was excited, then they were all most likely blind.

OOC: Crap first post, but I wanted to hop on in and get Gaby going!

Genius

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
User ImageUser Image

As a response of Veronica confiding in Griffin over her nerves about the barbeque, he offered her a Coke. She couldn’t help but raise her eyebrows at him. A Coke? How was a Coke supposed to help her get over her nerves? After all, it was just carbonated water.

It took her a few moments but she realized what he was playing at. The Coke that Griffin was offering her wasn’t Coke; it must have been some sort of alcoholic beverage that would have legitimately calmed her nerves. She took the one he offered her, opening it up and taking a sip to find out that it was beer. In all honesty, if Ronnie was going to have some sort of alcohol calm her nervousness, she would have preferred it to be vodka which would have surely done the trick. But seeing that they were at a family gathering, beer would have to do.

“Thanks for that.” She said, smiling to her brother. Even though some people thought that Griffin was reckless, self-obsessed and impudent, which was true, she knew that one of his deeming qualities was that he always looked out for her and the rest of her siblings. Although at times his way of doing so wasn’t considered to be very practical.

A slight blush had crept on Veronica’s face as Greyson had complimented her. Getting compliments from anybody made the girl feel confident and proud but getting a compliment from Grey was a whole different story. It made her feel happy, amazing even, like everything was right in the world even though it wasn’t.

She couldn’t help but break into a smile, a genuine smile unlike the small ones she had been giving the whole night. “Thank you, Grey.” The feelings of amazement soon vanished and had been replaced by bitterness and regret. All Ronnie wanted was to drop everything and have their relationship go back to normal and to be what it used to be. But it seemed more than unlikely that that would happen, she made a big mistake and it had been too late to fix it. No matter how much she would have wanted to try.

Her gaze shot over to her brother as he mistakenly called the “soda” beer. Trying her best not to laugh at him, in order to make his mistake not as noticeable to the adults, she sent him a telepathic message instead. ‘Smooth one, Griff.’ The ginger brother and sister linked arms before heading to the backyard where everything was actually taking place.

Veronica couldn’t help but watch as Greyson and Artemis teased one and other. Their relationship had reminded her of her own relationship with Raleigh. The two of them were extremely close and he often confided in her with whatever was bothering him. They often had their own telepathic conversations, which usually resulted in plenty of inside jokes. She had even become the only person to know about his bisexuality. Ultimately, it ended up with them creating more inside jokes about it, as well as checking out attractive boys and girls in public. Claiming one for each sibling. Where was he anyways? Surely he would have known that the party was today.

Abruptly, she snapped out of her thoughts once Griffin had asked her if she was all right. “Yeah of course, why wouldn’t I be?” She said, taking a big gulp of her beer. Ronnie was well aware that he would be able to see straight through her words but she could pretend, at least for a little bit that there was nothing bothering her rather then confronting the things that were.

OOC: short post crying
                                                      i'm from canada so calling the coke soda instead of pop feels so weird xD

Dedicated Conversationalist

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image

COSIMA KAVANAGH

• Standing next to the grill was not the best idea as heat was coming of the flames and making Cosima sweat slightly. The smell of the cooking meat was also slightly nauseating for her. It had nothing to do with Taylor’s cooking abilities she was sure he was a great chef and he seemed to be handling the grill well she just couldn’t stand the smell of cooking meat or raw meat. It was one quirk that she had developed through being a vegetarian she also disliked the smell of blood. Ignoring the slight sick sensation in her stomach she smiled at Taylor as he spoke to her, she couldn’t help but laugh at Taylor’s comment about showing Stevie how to have fun. Cosima replied to Taylor a grin on her face mirroring his. ”Well if there is one thing I can do Taylor, it’s bring the fun. Your sister didn’t know this when she decided to make me a friend but we will have Stevie smiling by the end of the night.” Cosima wasn’t sure how she was going to achieve this but it had now become her mission of the night and when she set her mind on something not much could be done to stop her.

Stevie made a suggestion of alcohol. Looking around slightly Cosima had a look out for either of her parents. Neither seemed to have arrived yet and she was willing to do anything to liven up the night. She had now promised Taylor to make her sister have fun and she wanted her friend to have a good time. She hadn’t known Stevie for very long but her experience in Legend Street didn’t seem to be going too well. She wondered what it would be like to move house and leave your friends behind. It wasn’t something that Cosima wanted to experience so she couldn’t blame the red head for being angry and frustrated. ”Sure I’m up for anything.” She replied taking the bottles that Stevie had offered. Cosima passed them out offering one to Marc slightly reluctantly. ”Dragging these out to the forest sounds like a brilliant idea, I love it out there. But I think we should wait until the adults” she inclined her head towards the small group of parents that were beginning to form ”Are either a bit more distracted or at least partially drunk. What do you say Taylor? Going to help me fulfil the mission you have bestowed on me?” She asked holding out a beer towards him and waiting for him to take it.

As she was holding the bottle out towards him another Holland joined the congregation. Stevie had introduced the girl as Rosalie. Cosima had seen her around but hadn’t really interacted with her much. ”Hi it’s nice to meet you.” soon after that the younger girl said something about food. Cosima wasn’t feeling particularly hungry and watched as she left to feed herself. Hearing Stevie’s comment about girls names ending in ie. Laughing slightly ”There good names, and at least they are relatively normal names. My parents went mad with the strange name baby book. I mean Cosima? Odd name although I think it suits me.” she said smiling slightly before taking a swig of her beer ”Mind you my Dad’s name is Thaddeus but I feel like I’m one of those celebrity babies with a really unique and slightly ridiculously extravagant name like Apple Blossom or something. If I have kids I’m naming them Lucy or John just to have some sort of normality in my life.” realising she was rambling slightly she let out a small laugh and looked around the garden searching for something else to talk about.

Looking around she noticed Veronica and her older brother Griffin leaving the house and entering the garden. Noticing the oldest Everett she felt herself blush slightly. Cosima smiled at him slightly, she wasn't sure if he had noticed as he seemed to in conversation with his sister. Ronnie looked slightly uncomfortable and Cosima found herself wondering why. Her and Ronnie weren't close since her and Grey had broken up but she didn't dislike the girl. Tearing her eyes away from the two siblings so they could have their private conversation she turned back to Stevie. ”Ok so the beer is helping a little.” she said raising the bottle towards Stevie in a toast kind of motion as way of thanks. ”Although there is still something missing.” she paused trying to think what was missing from the atmosphere. Undecided about what it was she shrugged her shoulders and continued making conversation. ”So what made you guys move to Legend Street anyway?” she asked directing her question at both Holland’s. She was curious about them and their life before entering the supernatural neighborhood.

OOC: not great again, sorry hope it's ok.

Desirable Genius

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

AXXwarmXXsmileXXisXXtheXXuniversalXXlanguageXXofXXkindness.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
AXXwarmXXsmileXXisXXtheXXuniversalXXlanguageXXofXXkindness.

User Image
                                    Although the invitation to a neighborhood welcoming party for the new family on the block was a tad late, it didn’t stop Isabelle from being excited about it. She had been up since around six thirty in the morning because she couldn’t sleep. And since she couldn’t sleep, she spent that time in the basement painting. She had created a few new arts in the hours she had spent in that room alone and put them to dry so she could go clean up and get to her daily routine of rituals and small spells. Moving about the house she put on a pot of water to make herself a cup of tea after she got out of her quick shower. Normally her showers lasted around thirty minutes after she had been painting for hours but since she didn’t have as much paint on herself as usual it didn’t take nearly as long to get all of it off. With her hair still damp, Isabelle glanced at the time. Only eleven forty five? She huffed a sigh as she wrapped her hair up in a towel and went down to make herself that cup of tea. She turned the hissing tea kettle off and pour some of the contents into a mug that held her favorite blend of herbs for tea. She took a strong sniff of her brew and smiled. With that she headed back upstairs to her bedroom where she found her husband still in bed. A slightly wicked smile curved her full lips as she tip toed over to the bed and poked him in the rear with her right big toe. “Sweetie…Thaaaaad…it’s time to get uuuuuup~” She cooed, trying to coax him from his deep slumber. After it didn’t work Isabelle pursed her lips slightly to the side and tilted her head as she watched him sleep. Thaddeus had always been a heavy sleeper, although when the kids were infants he got less sleep that Isabelle did. That was probably because she would wake him up every time she heard one of them crying. Pushing her thoughts aside, Izzy set the still hot mug of tea down on her bedside table and went to get dressed for the day. Taking her robe off she put it back on the hook that where it usually hung and opened her walk in closet.

She bit in her lower lip for a moment and let the flesh slide from her teeth before stepping in and picking out something simple. A cute blue dress that went down to her mid-thigh and a pair of white wedge heels. The heels she chose had a little strap across the ankle with a white bow attached to that. Along with the dress and heels, Izzy grabbed a white leather jacket to go with the outfit in case she got cold during the party. After dressing she went about putting on a little bit of natural make up, eye shadow that complimented her eyes and red lipstick that was made from fruit paste. Looking at her hands she frowned, her nails looked terrible. With a grimace, the tall Kavanagh mother took her wedding ring off and polished it with a solvent she had made then washed it and her hands before drying it and her hands and placing the ring back on its rightful finger. Her nails needed tending as well so she spent the next thirty minutes painting her nails the same shade of blue as the dress she was wearing. All the while, Thaddeus was still sleeping. It was a wonder all of the smells didn’t wake up or all of the noise she had been making. Looking back down to her nails she realized they would take awhile to dry, naturally, so she murmured a spell and blew on her fingertips. Lightly tapping each one afterwards to make sure it was completely dry. Satisfied, she smiled and moved back to the bed and shook Thaddeus gentle. “Thaddeus, dear, it’s time to get up.” She spoke softly but loud enough to rouse him. When he actually started to steer she smiled at him, sitting on the edge of the bed which really on resulted in big, strong arms being wrapped around her mid-section and trying to pull her onto the bed.

Isabelle laughed a squeak of surprise then lightly slapped his arm. “You need to get up. I’ll make you coffee.” She said giggling as she wiggled free from his arms and picked up her mug that now held cold tea. She grimaced then waved her hand clockwise over the rim of the mug and muttered a spell that heat the tea back up to the perfect temperature. Taking a sip of her tea she sighed a little sigh of satisfaction. She gave her husband one more stiff shake to make sure he didn’t fall back to sleep then left the room to make him some coffee. She could hear their children slowly start to rouse in their rooms and smiled because it meant all of them were willing enough to go without putting up a fight. That and she had noticed that some of her kids had already made friends with some of the Holland children. Although she was slightly worried about Greyson, lately he seemed off with his magic but due to their close relationship she decided to not pester him about it. If he happened to get himself into something he couldn’t handle she was sure her handsome oldest son would come to her. And seeing that Cosima and Grey were so close she knew that if Grey didn’t think he could come to her with something that was happening, Cos would come to her with it on his behalf. It was never an issue for Isabelle to trust her children as they all knew her punishment for misuse of their magic or forbidden use of their magic. Granted she never liked to be the ‘bad cop’ when it came to disciplining the kids most of the time it was her that dished out punishments. Although that was usually rare.

Her thoughts drifted again before she heard something hit the side of the house towards the kids’ rooms. Her automatic reaction was to be on the defense and find out what it was…so she did. Placing her mug down on the kitchen counter, Isabelle silently made her way up the stairs and down the hall following the sound and then a smell that she wasn’t exactly pleased with. She huffed a frustrated sigh and put her hands on her hips. Artemis had another girl over and was smoking again. ‘Hadn’t I already talked to him about that?’ She thought as she stared at the bedroom door of her youngest son. Unfortunately she was going to have to pull him aside today and talk about it again. For now she let it slide and headed back downstairs. She went about making Thaddeus some coffee and called for him to come downstairs. Since all of the kids were old enough to dress themselves she knew she didn’t have to go bedroom door to bedroom door waking them and telling them to get ready. She looked at the time again…five twenty six PM? Had she really taken that long to get ready? She brushed it off and continued about what she was doing. When Thaddeus came downstairs she handed him a mug of coffee that was already prepared the way he liked it and he was already ready to go. She smiled at that notion then started hearing the kids leave. Cosima, Greyson, and Artemis headed over to the Holland house already, that just left herself, Thaddeus, and Alyssa to arrive at the party. She called out for Alyssa so that the three of them could leave together. She looked out the window and saw Cosima, Greyson, and Artemis enter the Holland home after the door had been opened for them and noticed that it had already started getting dark outside.

At that moment she realized that the Crane’s and Everett’s were probably already at the Holland home and she was praying that nothing was happening that was too…extraordinary. With that she finished her tea and called out for Alyssa again. “Aly! Honey let’s go! Your brothers and sister are already at the Holland house, it’s just me and your father.” She called sweetly, then waiting for their youngest child before they all left. Upon arriving at the Holland residence she noticed that everybody was in the backyard, so instead of knocking on the front door, she went to the side of the house and announced her presence before entering the backyard. And noted everybody that was there and smiled sweetly, first being greeted by who she presumed to be the mother of the household. She smiled and offered a handshake. “Hi, I’m Isabelle Kavanagh, this is my husband Thaddeus and my youngest daughter Alyssa. Wow everything smells amazing here.” She said with an enthusiastic tone and smile. “I’m not sure if you’ve met all my children yet but…” She paused and found Greyson in a group of people which included Cosima as well as Artemis. Pointing to Greyson first she went down the line. “..that’s Greyson, my oldest, then Cosima and Artmeis.” She explained staying in polite conversation with one of the heads of this household. She noted that Amber, her closest friend here, was looking a bit uneasy. So in her usual way, she waved the blonde female over happily. “Amber! Hey sweetie! You look absolutely gorgeous.” She exclaimed, usually adoring what the vampire wore and how her hair was styled. "Have you two been introduced yet?" She asked, speaking to Gabrielle and Amber.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Eovoeoroomoionodootohoeoorouoloeoooofootohoroeoe.

o.o.c.~ Outfit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces