neverhere
Staring at the sink of
blood and crushed veneer
In the morning I'll be with you, but it will be a different kind
Cut out all the ropes and let me
fall
Come on skinny love what happened here?

User Image

It wasn't unusual for Winter to wake during the night, she was already up and reading as the storm raged outside. She would try and get some sleep after this chapter...not that she ever got a chance to finish it once the lights went out. A heavy sigh and a roll of the eyes as she placed her book down on the bedside table and went to try and get some sleep again, when noise in the hallway made her sit up and listen. It sounded like Kailee...followed by Hazinyul and then Davik. Slowly, Winter got out of bed and pulled a cardigan around herself as she headed over to the bedroom door and stepped out into the hallway.

So, it seemed as though the power were out. Rolling her eyes at Hazin's suggestion she looked across at Davik, suddenly understanding a little more why he was always so cranky. When you were used to being able to see things, having that ability suddenly be removed was highly frustrating. Winter had never liked the dark, never liked not being able to see what was going on around her and here she was in the thickest dark there ever was, lit up occasionally only by the flashes of lightning. She didn't like thunderstorms either. Winter was a bit of a pansy when it came to things like that. "I don't like this." she muttered darkly, turning to head back to her room, only to see a small figure move behind the door, just out of sight. Not now...not now...

Kai's voice floated up faintly, causing Winter to pause and turn. She could hear banging, as though her friend were throwing all her weight against the door. A deep frown settled itself on the female's brow as she turned and headed downstairs. "Kai?" she called out. Why did the manor feel so strange?! So wrong. She felt as though someone were watching her as she rushed down the stairs to help her friend, when she suddenly came face to face with Jonathan. His appearance in front of her was so sudden that the female stumbled back and squealed slightly, her hands shooting up to cover her mouth. "Oh, Jon! You scared me!" she giggled, composing herself and going to move past him. But something wasn't right...his eyes weren't right, he was somewhere else..."Jon?" she frowned looking up at him as a flash illuminated the room, revealing a small child run from the hallway, just for a second, but it was perfectly clear to Winter. "Jon. We have to help Kai, the basement door's stuck." she motioned for him to follow, but stopped as a shiver ran down her spine and she turned to look at her friend again, feeling rather uneasy.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson
xxxxI swear to God we've been down this road before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe guilt's no good, and it only shames us more...

Michael
xxxxAnd the truths that we all try to hide,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxare so much clearer when its not our lives...

Endere
xxxxxxxxxOur promising lives, are full of empty promises...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTemptation's falling and calling you home again

User ImageGreyson awoke with a start. Had he really fallen asleep in that awful position on this awful bed? Okay, it wasn't awful...but he still had a crick in his neck from sleeping in such an odd position. He rubbed at the back of his neck, pondering the fact that it was unusually dark in the room. Night time, right. But as he grabbed the light switch and flicked it a few times, deductive reasoning led him to believe the power was out.

He sighed heavily, hung his head, and got up. It seemed that the others had come to this conclusion as well, and he could hear voices from the hallway. He arrived just in time for mentions of Marco Polo and Davik being snide about how he didn't notice the power being out. What a nuisance. Grey did grin at the fact, though, crossing his arms and trying to get a sense of who was where, and trying not to fall down the stairs as he navigated the upper floor.

His endeavors proved pretty fruitless, and he ended up smacking into a rather small, warm body. "Oi!" Grey stumbled, and grabbed whoever it was he had stumbled into. Judging by the height, it was probably Hazin. Yeah. Definitely Hazinyul. Grey recoiled, shoving his hands nervously into his pockets. "Sorry Hazin," he laughed anxiously, reaching and finally finding a wall. Wall was good. Wall was solid. Wall didn't think he was weird. The wall wasn't something he could and scar for the rest of her life. He shuddered a little.

The manor felt horrible. Like it was closing in on him and taking everything good in his life away. Grey wrapped his arms around himself, tugging at his sweatshirt. He paused, ducking down and trying to find where the edge of the stairs were. He could hear voices from downstairs. Sounded like Winter...and someone else. Though the other voice was slightly off. Odd. Grey dropped down to a sitting position and started going, on his butt, down the stairs, much like a child would. It kept him from falling and hurting himself.

He reached the bottom step with some effort, and met Jonathan and Winter there. The sound of pounding from downstairs stopped him for a minute, but he spoke to his friends first. "Oi...I see you two made it down the stairs." Screaming from downstairs. Grey grew rigid as he talked. "I'm gonna try to find a flashlight and go take care of that." He murmured. Was it just him that heard it? No. There was no way. It took him a few moments to realize it was just Kailee calling from the basement. Stupid girl.

Grey left the two of them, moving onward to the kitchen, where he started rummaging through the drawers, trying to produce a flashlight. After a few minutes, and some frustration, he came up with nothing but a cut on his finger from the knife drawer. Grey murmured to himself, annoyed, but returned to what he was doing, deciding to just try and get the basement door open before Kailee busted it down. Grey slipped out of the kitchen, edging along the wall, finding himself at the door that led outdoors, and inched towards the basement. Something was wrong. It was just too creepy. The manor was filled with the noises of thunder, the door being slammed against, his friends talking...and something else.

"Oi! I'm gonna get you out. Hold on." Grey tried his hand at the door, finding it quite stuck. Jesus, how hard had she shut this thing? Maybe this was why they weren't allowed in the basement. Why had she decided that going in the basement was such a good idea, anyways? But she kept smashing against the door. At least, he thought she was. The door kept vibrating. She kept yelling. Why was she yelling? She didn't sound right. Her words were wrong. They didn't fit what a frightened Kai in a basement would say. Grey froze up, his hands locked on the doorknob. Her voice morphed.

No. There was no way she was here. Her cries grew frantic, and her words were absolutely wrong.

"Let me go!"

No. No way. Grey felt sick to his stomach, his hands shaking as he tried to yank the door open. "Stop fighting it!" He responded to the voice, unable to handle that she had followed him. He fought with the door for a few moments, until he wasn't able to take her pleading anymore. Telling him to stop. Begging him to let her go. That wasn't Kailee in the basement. No. It was that girl. She was going to tell the world. She was going to tell his friends he was a monster. Greyson recoiled from the door, disappearing into the library. The darkness surrounded him for a few moments, before lightning lit up the entire manor again for a few seconds. The smell of perfume came to him. Was she following him? Grey ducked down under a desk, his eyes dilated with fear.
I'm sorry, if we've let you down....

Won't you believe in this lie with us all?

Dapper Dabbler

User Image.:~If [S E E I N G] is believing then I don't believe in [you]~:.

People were shouting downstairs. Davik frowned as he listened to them. Winter shouted at Jon, Kailee shouted… something, but she was too far away for him to hear. Grey seemed to be freaking out about something. Hazinyul was headed down the stairs with the dog in tow, if the footsteps and jingling tags were any indication. Davik hesitated at the top of the flight. He didn’t like chaos. People were running around, calling to each other.

Davik!

What?” Davik snapped, and then hesitated. Who had actually spoken? It wasn’t a female voice, but neither was it Jon’s or Grey’s. He scowled. “Who’s playing silly buggers, then?

Davik, just – just come here, yeah? Just calm down!” The blind man bit his lip. That wasn’t an American accent. It was Estuary, just like his… in fact, exactly like his. And he recognized the voice, now, too. “It’s not worth it, okay? It’s just not. Come here – calm down – be careful with that thing!” His left hand had curled into a fist, with his index finger half-extended and crooked as if to pull…. He was shaking. His right hand reached out for the wall and found the corner of the stairs instead. If he just stepped forward… One careless step and he wouldn’t have to listen to this – what was even happening? It wasn’t as though the darkness was playing tricks with his mind. His left hand convulsed, almost spasmodically, and his racing heart stopped short as he heard the gunshot. Boneless, the young man collapsed where he stood, barely avoiding a tumble down the stairs. He lay still for a while, his eyes wide and staring uselessly into the darkness. It felt like hours before his limbs were controlled enough to stand. Even then, he was shaking so badly that it would probably be a miracle if he managed to get down the stairs. One hand clung to the railing; the other had found the opposite wall. He hadn’t double braced himself in years. He was looking for the stairs, too, being careful that his foot was entirely on the tread before putting any weight forward.

At the bottom of the stairs, Davik called, “Cwn Annwn, come.” He struggled to hide the shaking in his voice. Luckily, Cwn Annwn obeyed him the first time. Much as he hated to be dependent on her, or even to be near her in any way, he was too shaky on his own feet to do anything. For once, he knew that he needed the dog. He fumbled for her harness and held on so tightly that his fingertips went cold. God, he hadn’t thought about that in… weeks. Things had been going well. And now he was hearing things, which had never happened before… He shivered again and was glad that the lights were out. He hadn’t felt so… so messed up in years. “Find Kai, Annwn.” At the very least, he would make himself bloody useful. Doing something would help him forget again. Come to think of it, some booze wouldn’t go amiss either. Lots of booze.

You can whine until your mouth dries up
You can hang your head and wonder why
You can die or you can stand upright
And never go down again.

.:~Davik [A R I A N -- Byw ]~:.xxxxxxx
User Imagexxxxxx

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
      Look at me behind the scenes.
        Look at how I pull the strings.
          Look at how they follow me:
            Control the heart, control the king.

User Image

Hazinyul yelped as someone ran into her. The touch surprised her, but what really startled her was that they were wearing the same cologne Troy always wore. Just thinking his name, she felt her heart break all over again. She was an idiot for letting him go like she had - no, not letting him go, but convincing him to go... which was even worse Grey immediately apologized and backed away. The small girl reached out automatically to try and find him again, but he wasn't anywhere within her reach. When she spoke, it was more smoothly than she had expected it would be. "
        No, it's my fault. I shouldn't be standing right in the way." He made for the stairs and Hazinyul followed him a moment later. Davik's dog came along, too, and Hazinyul reached out to touch her furry back. She had never liked the dark. Darkness made her feel very small - even smaller than she really was - and very alone. People were shouting downstairs, so she headed that way, her hands outstretched in front of her and her chin tipped back slightly as if that would help anything.

"
        Winter? Jon?" she asked uncertainly, hoping one of them would speak up so that she at least knew if she was going toward them or away from them. She hoped, just a little, that it would be Jon who spoke up... Hazin knew that Winter didn't like her, although she had never been sure why. Hazinyul made a point to be likable, and she had looked up to Winter since her freshman year, when they'd met. She always seemed so... composed, so certain that she could be herself. The small Hungarian girl had never had that luxury; she knew that the world was full of danger, and anyone who wasn't her friend could easily be the one to kill her. Right now, when she was already nervous and trying not to be scared, that was a complication she wasn't certain she could deal with.

"
        Where did Grey and Kai go?" she asked next, hearing Davik behind her calling for his dog. This time, she allowed a tiny quaver into her voice, as if her fear were beginning to eat away at her confidence... It was, but that only ever made her that much more manipulative. It was making it that much harder to resist manipulating her friends.

User Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Shipwrecked by a sea so stormy
I'm lost but I'm never lonely,
I follow my heart through it all...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxκailee ɱay ϩerath

User Image
Jammies!

Footsteps, muffled conversations, the sounds of everyone up and about. Kailee slammed her hand against the door, yelling out again for someone to let her out of the basement. Every minute that passed was worse than the last. She hated this basement with a burning passion. It smelled of dirt. It smelled like death. With each passing moment, it smelled worse. The smell was starting to overpower her. Kailee choked and coughed, wrinkling her nose and smashing her poor hands against the door again. "Guys! Let me out!"

There was finally footsteps coming towards the door. It was Grey, by the sounds of it. He fought with the door, just as he had, and tried to get it open for a few moments. Then he stopped. He started saying strange things that she couldn't quite hear, before telling her to stop fighting with him, and stomping off. What had she said? Kailee smashed her hand against the door and started pushing her body against it. The doorknob just wouldn't turn. The door, for its age, should have gone down when her body weight had been thrown against it. It scared her, a little bit. There was a reason she wasn't supposed to be in this basement, and now she was locked in with it. Whatever it was, it smelled down here.

Kailee coughed a little, deciding that slamming her body against the door was only going to make her tired and sore. Where the hell had Grey ran off to? What was his problem? Kailee frowned and sat at the top step, her back against the door. Why did this have to happen? Everything was going to hell at this point. The place smelled so bad. She coughed again, the smell turning into a taste in her mouth. The basement seemed to close in around her, giving her chills down her spine. It was wretched. The darkness played tricks on her eyes, showing her things crawling beside her that weren't there, figures stalking her in the shadows...

No. She was alone down there. It was just her and the darkness. Kailee wrapped her arms around herself, wishing she had just stayed upstairs and slept through the power outage. The thunder rumbled above her, and she swore she heard....something else.

No, that was the point where she realized that she was going to make herself crazy if she didn't get out of there. Kai moaned and smacked her head back against the door. Just as she did, there was a small noise. What the hell was that? "Guys?" She responded tentatively. The response she got, or maybe it was the wind, scared her straight out of her pants. She wanted out, now. Kailee let out a yell and jumped to her feet, slamming herself into the door. It opened as if it was never closed, causing her to land hard on the floor. With a gasp of relief, she jumped up and slammed the basement door shut behind her.

"Jesus!"
She called out, coughing and trying to get that horrible dirt taste out of her mouth. "What the hell?!" The power was still out, and she had no plans on crawling back down there to play with the power switch again. No. Kailee hesitantly pressed her hands to the wall, trying to gauge where she was. Somewhere. The house lit up for a second with lightning. It felt like she was in a bad horror movie, unable to see the things lurking in the shadows even when the house filled with light. She made a small noise and tapped her hand against the wall, trying to find anything familiar and friendly. It felt like she was being watched.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I'm beat but I can't be broken,
These scars on my heart I own them,
Dark days when my will was stolen...
I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

So I'll blame it on bad luck, And I'll say a hard life did this to me
You don't even bother anymore
You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
To hear my swan song but I'll admit I'm impressed
By your vanishing act
Place your bets on your best guess
Of when you're coming back
User Image

Jonathan stood still, his eyes still glazed over and ever unmoving. It was like he was in another world… Well, he was in another world. Eric hadn’t fully taken over, so Jonathan was still in zombie mode- almost like he was sleep walking with his eyes open.

His hand twitched, as his head turned to Winter. His eyes were wide, but still glazed over. His head turned and twitch with every word everyone had said. He suddenly dropped to his knees with a flash of lightning letting everyone know what had happened. His body took a deep breath, almost if gasping for breath after holding it for a long, long time. He blinked, his eyes shifting color to an almost orange color. A smirk appeared on his face, and he stood slowly.

Hazin was the next one to try to speak to him. He looked down on her, almost glaring at her under his eyes. Eric hated women who acted like they were defenseless… and yet, he loved it too. A smirk appeared on his lips. Defenseless women were the easiest to take advantage of. But then again, all humans were weak compared to him.

Eric opened Jonathan’s mouth, as if to say something to Hazin, but Kai suddenly burst out of the basement, causing Eric to quickly turn his head and body to face her full front. She seemed flustered… out of her element. The perfect target. Eric loved it when he could watch someone squirm underneath him. He let out a light chuckle, taking a few steps toward Kai. The dark was his friend, and had no problems finding his way without fail right to Kailee, even being able to sidestep winter with ease.

Eric put a hand on Kailee’s shoulder, pretending to be like Jonathan would be. He leaned in close to her ear and whispered, trying to get his voice to match with what Jonathan would sound like perfectly.

“Kai. Are you okay? I think I found the breaker box. Can you come with me? I don’t trust this house.” He asked, giving a hidden smirk as he luered her into being alone with him. He was going to enjoy this game. There were just too many easy targets in this house to even pick.

He grabbed Kai’s hand, almost pulling her towards the study. If all went like Eric thought it would, Kai would have no issues following Jonathan around the house. Jonathan was someone who would never ever hurt Kailee, and Eric hoped Kailee knew that.

Abandon the people who shaped who you are
Selfish and thoughtless, you drown in the dark
I hope that you realise the damage you've done
You could not see light even staring at the sun

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Jammies!

The house was still wrapping around her. It was consuming her whole. No, she was just scared and flustered and trying to get the taste of dirt out of her mouth. She coughed and hacked and tried to get it to fade, but to no avail. Her palm was still pressed to the wall, which was cool to the touch. A little too cold for comfort. Kai's eyebrows scrunched together in worry. She felt ill. Maybe the guilt was too much for her. It seemed that it would follow her anywhere. Even in this big, beautiful manor with her friends, Kailee was followed by the fear. It crept up on her whenever she was alone, and even in the presence of others, at times. She kept smelling the rose garden everywhere she went, and now she tasted it. It filled her mouth. Just like it filled his when she stuffed his limp body into the dirt...

She was startled by a steady hand on her shoulder. No! She hadn't--but as soon as she squeaked in terror, she realized it was just Jonathan. Kailee had never been more relieved to see him in her life. She turned on her heel, practically lunging up against him and hugging her friend tightly.

"Holy s**t, you scared me." She breathed, clutching him for a moment, then composing herself. They needed to find a way to get the power on. Apparently the switch she had messed with hadn't done anything. Maybe Jonathan could get it to work. Wherever this box was, anyways. She nodded in the dark when he suggested that she come with him, then realized they were in the dark and he probably didn't see her nod. "Yeah," she affirmed hoarsely, steadying her stance and trying to shake off the fear in her voice. Being afraid of the dark was stupid.

Being afraid of a man that had been dead for months was even stupider. None the less, she grabbed his hand and looked around. "Let's go, then." Definitely out of her element. Kailee hated being out of control, and being in the dark wasn't helping. But at least she had smacked into Jonathan, instead of Grey or Davik. Davik probably was laughing it up at how stupid she was acting...that would be if she could find him. Grey...Grey had run off, and she wasn't sure what his problem was.

"Where is everyone?"
She asked as she shuffled her feet, trying not to trip over anything. "Grey was trying to let me out...but then he ran off...is everything okay?" Where was the damn lightning when she needed it? Hell, even a flashlight would be nice at this point. She wasn't sure where Jonathan was leading her, but she would follow for sake of not being alone.

TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTTEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXTT

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Eric moved without hesitation through the house to the study. He griped onto Kailee’s hand tightly, not wanting to let his prey get away. Kai was asking him questions, but Eric ignored them. He just wanted to get what he wanted and get out, just like he always had. Jonathan had no memory of when Eric was out, so Eric could get away with murder if he wanted to. He gave a light chuckle at the thought. Hell, he had a long, long time ago.

He made his way, Kai in tow, to the study. The walls were lined with bookshelves, almost like the library had, only it had a large table in the center of the room, and a couch off to the side. Where would he take her? The table? Make her bask in the thunderstorm so he could get a good look at her squirming? Or to the couch so that things would be muffled and quiet?

“I think I saw it in here somewhere.” He said, his own voice starting to slip out a bit. He gave a smile, almost not caring if Kai found out. Eric shut the large doors to the room behind him, locking it softly so Kai wouldn’t hear. He moved quickly, trying to be as quiet as he could to the other door that connected the room to the library. He shut those doors as quiet as he could too, locking it as well.

As soon as the door locked, Eric gave a deep, dark chuckle. “Table it is.” He cooed out to himself, turning around to face Kai in the dark. He was loving this with every bit of his being. He walked with heavy steps towards Kai, almost looming over her the closer he got to her. He gave a deep chuckle as he touched her face softly. He loved to watch girls squirm under him. He had only gotten a taste of a girl squirming under him once before, but that was a long long time ago. He was itching to get in and mess up some more lives.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Jammies!

Kailee followed Jonathan into the study without hesitation. Why would she not? To the eye, and mostly the ear, he seemed to be the friend she had practically grown up with. Next to Grey, she trusted him without a hitch. He had never done anything to do her harm, and he was always there. Why would it be different now? Particularly in the dark, with her trying to find the breakers to get the lights back on. It killed her that she couldn't get everything under control. She frowned as he locked the door. What was that all about?

"Jonathan?"
She questioned softly, and a roll of thunder caused the house to, at least in her opinion, shake a little. Kailee pressed her hands to the wall, trying to center herself. Where was she? A flash of lightning. The study. Why were they in the study? Was there really a way to fix the lights in here? A soft click signified that he had locked another door. "Jon, love, locking me in isn't going to fix the lights." She said softly, her voice starting to shake in concern. Kai never did take well to small spaces. Particularly in the dark. Call it a phobia. Call it weakness. She hated this already, why did he have to lock the doors? Wasn't being locked in the basement bad enough?

Footsteps. Tap. Tap. Tap. Kailee froze a little. Even to untrained ears, they sounded far too heavy. Her mind quickly flashed to something much darker. No. He was buried. He was dead. He was quite a few feet underground. He wasn't coming for her. She was so tired, she was starting to think stupid things. Kailee's heart leaped into her throat when something touched her face. She jumped, but reached up and grabbed a familiar hand. "Jonathan." She gasped, her hands shaking a little as she gently pushed his hand away. "Don't, it's dark and I could have accidentally hurt you. We need to get the lights back on."

In the back of her mind, something urged her to back away. It was just Jon, why was she so nervous? It had to be the dark. It had to be the basement, and the taste of dirt in her mouth. Even in the study, she smelled roses. The lightning flashed for just enough time for her to look up into his eyes. Something was wrong. But what? Was it just her?

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

Eric gave a dark chuckle as Kai flinched under his touch. He smirked, covering her mouth with one hand, and grabbing a handful of her hair with the other. He wrapped it around his hand and pulled harshly, forcing her to move with him. He guided her to the large wooden table, tossing her like a ragdoll up onto the table with little difficulty, even with her struggling. He held her hair tight, and moved his hands from her lips away.

He climbed on top of her, and got right in her face, placing his forehead to hers. His free hand snaked around the sides of her body, while his lips moved to the side of her face. He wanted her to cry out. He wanted her to scream. Call for someone to help. He would hurt everyone Jonathan ever loved if it meant that Eric got to keep the body for himself.

His hand snaked up to her chest when a bolt of lightning struck outside, letting Eric see the panic in Kai’s eyes. His heart was racing as he watched the pain form on her face. He was truly loving this. He mind wandered as he touched her stomach softly, the first time he had touched Kai softly all night. He remembered another girl, the only one he had touched before Kai, and the whole reason that Eric came into loving taking advantage of defenseless girls – the feeling of power that came with knowing that anything you did would harm them for the rest of their lives. The feeling that, after this, they really would be dead. At least, inside they would be dead.

Eric moved his kissed to Kailee’s neck, biting roughly on her, making sure he was leaving marks. He didn’t care how much Kai struggled. Eric was going to get what he came for, no matter the cost.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Jammies!

At this point, there was more denial flowing through her than blood. Kailee fought and kicked at Jonathan, or what she presumed to be Jonathan. Her skin crawled like it had bugs sneaking around underneath it, goosebumps running from head to toe for all the wrong reasons. The thunder boomed, as if confirming her fate, and she gasped as she was shoved onto an offending table. This wasn't happening, there was no way in any universe that this was happening. She was dreaming! Right? Right! Of course she was dreaming! Not even in her nightmares would Jonathan be like this! This was Jonathan! This was one of her best friends! The sweet boy, who, though he was a little awkward at times, was good all around! He had a baby sister, who died so tragically, and he was always just so sad and sweet. Kailee always thought he was like a puppy in a way.

But this dog had a bite, and she cried out in pain. Wait, there was no pain in dreams. At least, she had come to that conclusion, and she yelped, kicking her legs up to try and shove him off. No. Jonathan would never do this to her. "Stop! Jonathan stop it! Let me go!" She squirmed on the table, wary of the idea of slipping off. Falling off and breaking an arm would be better than going in the direction he was going in. "Let me go! Get off! What are you doing?!" She knew damn well what he was doing, and she was fighting her hardest to stop it. No. She wasn't doing this. No more. Not again.

Something clicked in her head, and the lightning flashed, and for just a fraction of a second, she saw her husband. Only for a second. Only long enough to cause panic in her heart and a bloodcurdling scream to echo through the room. "No! You're dead!"

They couldn't know he was dead. They couldn't know that she killed him. "Get away from me!" She screamed over the thunder and kicked furiously. She had overpowered her husband. Murdered him. Buried him. The taste of dirt in her mouth caused her to gag, the taste of bile in her mouth. Tears streamed down her face and she swallowed it back. He wasn't going to win this time. Something in her snapped, and she kicked him just hard enough to get a little breathing room. Kailee rolled off the table and crawled desperately towards the door. Locked, and she knew damn well she didn't have the time to get it open without the key.

So she smashed her body against it, just like with the basement. "Somebody!" Anybody. She didn't care who, just as long as she got out. "Help me!" She looked over her shoulder, feeling so many levels of trapped and terrified. Her heart pounded so hard she could barely hear the storm, her sobs shaking her body. No. How had he found her here? The lightning flashed again, and she saw Jonathan.

Oh god, no, That was even worse. Jonathan wouldn't do this. Right?

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson

Michael

Endere

User ImageShe was there. She was in the manor, and she was going to tell her friends all about what a sick, depraved monster he was. This girl was going to ruin him and take away everything he ever loved...and he deserved every minute of it. Grey huddled there under the desk for quite a long time, listening to the storm, until he heard the basement door smash open. She was free! Oh, god, no. He felt sick to his stomach, the smell of perfume growing stronger and stronger to the point that he thought he was going to throw up. Some merciful power of the universe willed him not to, but he still listened carefully to the footsteps that followed. It was Jonathan...and the girl in the basement...was Kailee. Wait...what? It wasn't the girl from the alley? It was Kai? Did she really sound that much like his victim?

Victim. His victim. Greyson shuddered. He wasn't a predator. The girl was not someone he had purposely gone out that night to hurt. He could never apologize to her or make it better. He had ruined her for life. Grey cleared his throat, slowly getting up and out from under the desk. He was acting foolishly. His friends needed him. Why the hell was he doing this to them? Running and hiding like a scared little girl. Oh, s**t, bad wording. Greyson shook the thoughts away, pressing his hand firmly to the wall and starting to make his way out of the library. So many books. They might have been interesting to read if they weren't trapped in a goddamn black hole.

Speaking of darkness, how was Kailee progressing with those lights? Hell....had Hazin managed to get downstairs without breaking her neck? And Davik? Well..he was blind. It was a miracle he got around, living in this type of world. The darkness was unbearable. He made a small noise of irritation as he heard a loud noise from the next room over. What were they doing in there, killing each other? Had Kailee finally snapped and deciding having sex with Jonathan was a good idea? Oh, gross, he would never be able to bleach that image out of his head...

But the conversation next door (not that he could hear words, just tones of voices...) went from casual to terrified and about .2 seconds. He frowned, tensing and listening for a few moments. There was a struggle, and then...Kailee screaming like someone was killing her. Just what the hell was going on in there? Greyson froze a little. That dialogue sounded far too familiar. No. There was no way on this earth that he was hearing that.

His mind replayed a blurred, drunken image. Was he hearing himself rape this girl all over again? Replaced with someone he loved? What...what? Suddenly, screaming again. You're dead. Dead? Who was dead? What the ******** was going on? Greyson snapped out of his inner monologue and jumped as he felt something slam against the door that connected the study and the library. Just what the ******** was Jonathan doing in there?

Grey grabbed the doorknob, but it wouldn't budge. Locked. He growled in irritation, then decided, if he was going to do anything of use tonight, it would be this. Grey slammed his body weight up against the door, causing it to fly open.

"What the ******** are you doing?"

Something lit in him. A fire. It was like he was facing himself on that fateful night. It was now or never. There would be no repeats. Over his dead body. That could probably be arranged. "Show yourself," The lightning returned and lit up the room, followed by a deep rumble of thunder. Jonathan? Yes, Jonathan. And Kai, all covered in marks. "You, go, the others are out there," he motioned to Kailee, then turned his attention back to the male.

"You give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you now."
He growled dangerously. Grey really didn't have a temper, but it seemed Jonathan had picked the proper subject to use to get him angry. Beyond angry. Enraged.

Gaian

Jonathan Brian Clouse

You cut to the bone
Pick up the phone
By your vanishing act
User Image

“How lame. You let her get away. Don’t you want to have some fun with a cute girl?” Eric cooed to Grey, running a hand through Jonathan’s long, disgusting hair. At least, Eric thought it was nasty. It just ended up getting in Eric’s way. He gave a chuckle, smirking at Grey through the darkness. A flash of lightning struck, lighting up the room. Grey told him to give him a reason not to try and kill him.

Eric gave a chuckle, quickly moving forward, almost sprinting, and grabbing Grey by the throat by surprise, pushing him back up against a wall, making sure he lifted the poor man’s feet off the ground. Eric smirked as another strike of lightning hit. “Try me, little man.” Eric called out. There was no way Grey could win. Against Jonathan? Sure. Grey might win that one. But with Eric in control, Grey was doomed unless he played smart.

With his free hand, Eric clenched his fist, and hit Grey hard across the head, hoping it would make him dizzy and go down quietly so that Eric could finish what he was doing. There was nothing he hated more than an interruption when he was getting s**t done, and boy, did Grey pick someone he would soon regret meeting.

“Should I punish you first? Or just kill you? Decisions decisions.” Eric laughed at his own sick, twisted joke.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Greyson

Michael

Endere

User ImageThere was something wrong with this situation. Jonathan, though Grey wanted to punch him in the head sometimes, wasn't like this. He stared at him for a few moments, hesitating, hearing Kailee scramble into the library. But as quickly as he saw that, Jonathan had him up against the wall. The ********? What? Had he lost his mind and become a complete psycho? Grey swore he was the only monster here, but apparently there was more to this group than he had first seen. He didn't have time to ponder these facts, particularly because he was being choked and abused and if fate was going to have it, he was going to suffocate if he didn't fight back. But fighting back...didn't work terribly well. Since when was Jonathan strong, anyways?!

To hell if he was going to let him succeed in this. His brain practically rattled in his head when a hard punch came to his skull. Holy ********! Grey blinked away stars, groaning in pain. What the hell? Had they replaced Jonathan with a serial killer? A crazy, strong, maniacal b*****d? Even his voice seemed sort of off. Was he drunk? Maybe he was drunk. Did drunk make him strong? Why was he pondering this? He didn't have time for this s**t.

"Gonna have to do a lot better than that, short stuff,"
he spat back at him, actually physically spitting in his face. With a short motion, he reached up and slammed his elbow right where Jon's shoulder and neck met. It wasn't the best move in this situation, but it worked enough. He yanked Jon's hand off his throat, so he could at least get his feet on the floor, but he wasn't able to get around him. Grey was cornered, with nowhere to go and an enraged, completely insane person practically wrapped around him. This was going nowhere but to hell.

"Do you feel like a man, Jonathan? Picking on people who trust you? Hurting those who love you? I think that makes you a coward. A dirty, disgusting coward."
He hissed. His inward feelings about himself where projecting right onto Jon.

Anxious Hoarder

9,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

User Image
Jammies!

Out of nowhere, Grey practically broke the door down, telling her to run, and confronting the figure in the other room. There was no way that was Jonathan. It had to be her husband. But how? He was dead? Right? Of course he was dead. She had buried him. Kailee had put the dirt over his body. She had planted thorny roses over his body. He was never coming back. So why was he in there? Why was she covered in bruises and bite marks? She touched one of the marks on her neck and winced, hot tears rolling down her cheeks. No. Grey was in there, fighting with one of her demons. Someone she should have killed a long time ago,. She was supposed to take care of this by herself, not making someone come in and save her.

She shakily climbed to her feet, her hands finding the wall and pressing against them. Her sobs quieted, but tears flowed steadily down her face. Her vision was blurred, not that it mattered in the dark. Her vision had sort of adjusted, so she got general images and could sort of see obstacles in her way, particularly when the lightning kicked in and spilled through the windows to act as a brief moment of lights and sight.

Despite Grey's insistence, she returned to the library, peering through the doorway. Jonathan had cornered Greyson, and the two were threatening each other. Wait. No. There was no way that was Jonathan. Her poor brain kept switching between thinking it was Jon and thinking it was her husband. It had to be her husband. Jonathan would never do this. Her husband was standing there, and she would not take any other answer.

"Not tonight."
She whispered to herself, and she waited. Waited for the right moment. She sprung into action, grabbing the figure by the hair. The hair was too long to be her husband's, but she kept insisting it was him. Kailee pulled hard, just hard enough to pull his head back. "Not this time! Not this time, damn you!" She shrieked.

I can bring it back!

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items